Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default ricochetes?

I was looking at a spinning steel target in a catalog that says its
for 9mm to .30-06. I was just wondering, if using a 30-06, what kind
of safety zone is needed to be a safe distance for ricochetes?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Whoops, sorry...wrong group.

Shinglhed
If you can't be a good example, then you'll just have to be a horrible
warning.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

I was looking at a spinning steel target in a catalog that says its
for 9mm to .30-06. I was just wondering, if using a 30-06, what kind
of safety zone is needed to be a safe distance for ricochetes?

> wrote in message
> Whoops, sorry...wrong group.

What, you think we don't shoot before and after our BBQs?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 4/5/2011 6:05 AM, Pico Rico wrote:
> I was looking at a spinning steel target in a catalog that says its
> for 9mm to .30-06. I was just wondering, if using a 30-06, what kind
> of safety zone is needed to be a safe distance for ricochetes?
>

> > wrote in message
>> Whoops, sorry...wrong group.

> What, you think we don't shoot before and after our BBQs?

Amen! Shoot what goes in the pit and shoot the
first ******* to criticize the food after.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

>> > What, you think we don't shoot before and after our BBQs?
>> >

>> Amen! Shoot what goes in the pit and shoot the
>> first ******* to criticize the food after.

> Or just clay pigeons for the fun of it:

got a recipe for them darn things?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Apr 5, 10:55*am, Omelet > wrote:

> > > Or just clay pigeons for the fun of it:

> > got a recipe for them darn things?

> Nah. *I get 'em prebaked at Cabela's...
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> "One man's theology is another man's belly laugh."
> --Robert Heinlien

Do they tend tobe dry? What if you brined them first?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"pamjd" > wrote in message
On Apr 5, 10:55 am, Omelet > wrote:

> > > Or just clay pigeons for the fun of it:

> > got a recipe for them darn things?

> Nah. I get 'em prebaked at Cabela's...
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> "One man's theology is another man's belly laugh."
> --Robert Heinlien

>Do they tend tobe dry? What if you brined them first?

The heritage breed hold up well in the brine, but the new breeds such as the
biodegradable tend to fall apart in a brine. The heritage breed with its
high pitch content is "self smoking".

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 05 Apr 2011 21:01:50 -0500, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> "Pico Rico" > wrote:
>
>> "pamjd" > wrote in message
>> On Apr 5, 10:55 am, Omelet > wrote:

>> > Nah. I get 'em prebaked at Cabela's...

>> >Do they tend tobe dry? What if you brined them first?

>> The heritage breed hold up well in the brine, but the new breeds such as the
>> biodegradable tend to fall apart in a brine. The heritage breed with its
>> high pitch content is "self smoking".

>And they smoke nicely!
>The Biodegradable breed are also slightly more fragile tho' so a single
>pellet can smoke them.

Well I'm glad I was at least able to bring out a good bit of humor
with my mis-post!