Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Red Bridges BBQ

http://www.ncbbqsociety.com/trail.html

http://www.bridgesbbq.com/

Review of Red BRidges BBQ Lodge located in Shelby, NC.

Wife and I decided to drive over to Shelby, NC for a movie and then
dinner. I drive by Red's coming and going to work every day the last 4
months and made up my mind to try it out.

They've been in business some 60+- years, it is diner? style and looks
like it could be original but very clean and very well kept.

The staff was gracious and very welcoming. The slaw is 'red' slaw and I
know some cabbage can be spicy, this had some bites that tasted of
horseradish. The waitress very attentive and cheerful.

The hush puppies were obviously home made and large.

They use wood coals to cook pork and that is actually the primary menu
item with just a bbq chicken to round things out. You can see their menu
on their web page.

It really was like stepping back into the 1960's decor and very lodge
decor, wood paneling.

Their was only one problem not related to the business, the good ole
white southern christians gave my Puerto Rican wife and my whitey ole
self the very harsh look and we had to run the gauntlet of stares coming
and going.

There was a short counter with two black gentlemen and a black woman did
arrive for take out. I guess it was the inter-racial scene that aroused
the clientele.

Anyway, the pork was great, served your choice of chopped or sliced, the
coffee was smooth, I will give full stars for Que, and was thankful my
tires weren't slashed.

piedmont
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Michael (piedmont) wrote:

> Their was only one problem not related to the business, the good ole
> white southern christians ....

And you knew they were christians, how? I'm a christian, and I have no
problem with interracial relationships. I found the review interesting, but
the comment unnecessarily provocative.

--
Dave
efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Michael (piedmont)" > wrote in message
> http://www.ncbbqsociety.com/trail.html
>
> http://www.bridgesbbq.com/
>
> Review of Red BRidges BBQ Lodge located in Shelby, NC.
>
> Wife and I decided to drive over to Shelby, NC for a movie and then
> dinner. I drive by Red's coming and going to work every day the last 4
> months and made up my mind to try it out.
>
> They've been in business some 60+- years, it is diner? style and looks
> like it could be original but very clean and very well kept.
>
> The staff was gracious and very welcoming. The slaw is 'red' slaw and I
> know some cabbage can be spicy, this had some bites that tasted of
> horseradish. The waitress very attentive and cheerful.
>
> The hush puppies were obviously home made and large.
>
> They use wood coals to cook pork and that is actually the primary menu
> item with just a bbq chicken to round things out. You can see their menu
> on their web page.
>
> It really was like stepping back into the 1960's decor and very lodge
> decor, wood paneling.
>
> Their was only one problem not related to the business, the good ole white
> southern christians gave my Puerto Rican wife and my whitey ole self the
> very harsh look and we had to run the gauntlet of stares coming and going.
>
> There was a short counter with two black gentlemen and a black woman did
> arrive for take out. I guess it was the inter-racial scene that aroused
> the clientele.
>
> Anyway, the pork was great, served your choice of chopped or sliced, the
> coffee was smooth, I will give full stars for Que, and was thankful my
> tires weren't slashed.
>
> piedmont

I think you were probably imagining it.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mar 27, 2:10*pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
> Michael (piedmont) wrote:
> > Their was only one problem not related to the business, the good ole
> > white southern christians ....

> And you knew they were christians, how?

Well now, they were eating pork, kinda rules out joos and muslims now
don't it?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

tutall wrote:
> On Mar 27, 2:10 pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
>> Michael (piedmont) wrote:
>>> Their was only one problem not related to the business, the good ole
>>> white southern christians ....

>> And you knew they were christians, how?

> Well now, they were eating pork, kinda rules out joos and muslims now
> don't it?

It hardly rules out atheists, agnostics, apathetics or a buncha other
religions, though.

--
Dave
efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mar 27, 7:45*pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
> tutall wrote:

> >> And you knew they were christians, how?

> > Well now, they were eating pork, kinda rules out joos and muslims now
> > don't it?

> It hardly rules out atheists, agnostics, apathetics or a buncha other
> religions, though.

Seems you got over your irksomeness now and aren't looking for a fight
where there aint none now.
It is Sunday after all.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

tutall wrote:
> On Mar 27, 7:45 pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
>> tutall wrote:

>>> Well now, they were eating pork, kinda rules out joos and muslims
>>> now don't it?

>> It hardly rules out atheists, agnostics, apathetics or a buncha other
>> religions, though.
>>

> Seems you got over your irksomeness now and aren't looking for a fight
> where there aint none now.
> It is Sunday after all.

Huh? I don't recall looking for a fight.

--
Dave
efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects."

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mar 27, 8:30*pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:

> Huh? I don't recall looking for a fight.

"And you knew they were christians, how? I'm a christian, but
the comment unnecessarily provocative. "

Whatever you call this conversation starter then. (On the Sabbath
too! )

Looks like someone taking offense, and the offensive.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 3/27/2011 5:10 PM, Dave Bugg wrote:
> Michael (piedmont) wrote:
>
>> Their was only one problem not related to the business, the good ole
>> white southern christians ....

> And you knew they were christians, how? I'm a christian, and I have no
> problem with interracial relationships. I found the review interesting, but
> the comment unnecessarily provocative.

hey dave,

small southern town in the belly of the bible belt, home of earl
scruggs, yep, southern christians. and on every cross road is a gas
station and a church, and if no gas station still have a church.

piedmont