Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Dallas, TX BBQ

In flight right now on Delta returning from my brothers wedding in
Dallas, TX.

Made it to Fort Worth 'Stockyards' to eat at Coopers BBQ, had goat,
brisket, sausage and pork loin. It was all good. The sauce they have,
to me, was like a mop, watery in viscosity, very mild flavor.

Also took out Q from Dickies, but I only had spare ribs, the rib meat
was mild flavored and didn't seem cook with wood, not saying it wasn't
but seemed so. Their sauce was more like a mild tomatoe based sauce
and not watery.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"piedmont" > wrote in message
> In flight right now on Delta returning from my brothers wedding in
> Dallas, TX.
>
> Made it to Fort Worth 'Stockyards' to eat at Coopers BBQ, had goat,
> brisket, sausage and pork loin. It was all good. The sauce they have,
> to me, was like a mop, watery in viscosity, very mild flavor.
>
> Also took out Q from Dickies, but I only had spare ribs, the rib meat
> was mild flavored and didn't seem cook with wood, not saying it wasn't
> but seemed so. Their sauce was more like a mild tomatoe based sauce
> and not watery.

I am going to reveal a Texas secret here and hope I don't get
disenfranchised or loose my Texas citizenship.

All the people in Dallas, Ft. Worth, Houston, San Antonio, Brownsville and
all the Rio Grande Valley, San Angelo, El Paso, Elgin, Abilene, Lubbock,
Amarillo, and most every place else in Texas come to Austin for BARBECUE.
It is the best, I think every barbecue place in Austin copied my recipes.
(Except for my chicken which ain't all that great).

So, I understand your frustration in trying to find real barbecue in Ft
Worth and Dallas.

Bob-tx

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 2-Jan-2011, piedmont > wrote:

> n flight right now on Delta returning from my brothers wedding in
> Dallas, TX.
>
> Made it to Fort Worth 'Stockyards' to eat at Coopers BBQ, had goat,
> brisket, sausage and pork loin. It was all good. The sauce they have,
> to me, was like a mop, watery in viscosity, very mild flavor.
>
> Also took out Q from Dickies, but I only had spare ribs, the rib meat
> was mild flavored and didn't seem cook with wood, not saying it wasn't
> but seemed so. Their sauce was more like a mild tomatoe based sauce
> and not watery.

Nice to hear from you Mike. You caught me in the middle of a smoker
run. There are two butts and two rack of spares out there in the pit
as I write this. The ribs will be done in a half hour or so, (maybe). I
expect about 4 hours and it's been 3.5 already. Nothing special about
this run except I'm not using Bayou Blast for rub this time. They went
in with just S&P+Garlic.. We'll see what we'll see when it all comes
out.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 1/2/2011 6:50 PM, wrote:
> On 2-Jan-2011, > wrote:
>
>> n flight right now on Delta returning from my brothers wedding in
>> Dallas, TX.
>>
>> Made it to Fort Worth 'Stockyards' to eat at Coopers BBQ, had goat,
>> brisket, sausage and pork loin. It was all good. The sauce they have,
>> to me, was like a mop, watery in viscosity, very mild flavor.
>>
>> Also took out Q from Dickies, but I only had spare ribs, the rib meat
>> was mild flavored and didn't seem cook with wood, not saying it wasn't
>> but seemed so. Their sauce was more like a mild tomatoe based sauce
>> and not watery.

> Nice to hear from you Mike. You caught me in the middle of a smoker
> run. There are two butts and two rack of spares out there in the pit
> as I write this. The ribs will be done in a half hour or so, (maybe). I
> expect about 4 hours and it's been 3.5 already. Nothing special about
> this run except I'm not using Bayou Blast for rub this time. They went
> in with just S&P+Garlic.. We'll see what we'll see when it all comes
> out.

Hi Howard,

Sounds like your making some good q there. I have a turkey waiting for
me to soak in TFM's brine, and after that I really need to replenish my
pastrami supply!

I've been really busy of late, started a new job 3 weeks ago and then
the 4 day trip to Dallas. It was great to be able to make it for my
brothers first wedding as well as try out some Texas Q. All of the Q I
had was good, wish I had more time there. I think Coopers cooked with
wood. They had wood cookers sitting along the side of the building as
well as what looked like burn down pits to burn logs down to coals.

Happy Q'n!
Mike
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 1/2/2011 6:50 PM, wrote:
> On 2-Jan-2011, > wrote:
>
>> n flight right now on Delta returning from my brothers wedding in
>> Dallas, TX.
>>
>> Made it to Fort Worth 'Stockyards' to eat at Coopers BBQ, had goat,
>> brisket, sausage and pork loin. It was all good. The sauce they have,
>> to me, was like a mop, watery in viscosity, very mild flavor.
>>
>> Also took out Q from Dickies, but I only had spare ribs, the rib meat
>> was mild flavored and didn't seem cook with wood, not saying it wasn't
>> but seemed so. Their sauce was more like a mild tomatoe based sauce
>> and not watery.

> Nice to hear from you Mike. You caught me in the middle of a smoker
> run. There are two butts and two rack of spares out there in the pit
> as I write this. The ribs will be done in a half hour or so, (maybe). I
> expect about 4 hours and it's been 3.5 already. Nothing special about
> this run except I'm not using Bayou Blast for rub this time. They went
> in with just S&P+Garlic.. We'll see what we'll see when it all comes
> out.

Hi Howard,

Sounds like your making some good q there. I have a turkey waiting for
me to soak in TFM's brine, and after that I really need to replenish my
pastrami supply!

I've been really busy of late, started a new job 3 weeks ago and then
the 4 day trip to Dallas. It was great to be able to make it for my
brothers first wedding as well as try out some Texas Q. All of the Q I
had was good, wish I had more time there. I think Coopers cooked with
wood. They had wood cookers sitting along the side of the building as
well as what looked like burn down pits to burn logs down to coals.

Happy Q'n!
Mike

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Michael (piedmont)" wrote:

> It was great to be able to make it for my
> brothers first wedding...

Er, I hope that isn't a prediction...
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Bob-tx" <No Spam no contact> wrote in
:

> "piedmont" > wrote in message

..
> .
>> In flight right now on Delta returning from my brothers wedding in
>> Dallas, TX.
>>
>> Made it to Fort Worth 'Stockyards' to eat at Coopers BBQ, had goat,
>> brisket, sausage and pork loin. It was all good. The sauce they have,
>> to me, was like a mop, watery in viscosity, very mild flavor.
>>
>> Also took out Q from Dickies, but I only had spare ribs, the rib meat
>> was mild flavored and didn't seem cook with wood, not saying it
>> wasn't but seemed so. Their sauce was more like a mild tomatoe based
>> sauce and not watery.

> I am going to reveal a Texas secret here and hope I don't get
> disenfranchised or loose my Texas citizenship.
>
> All the people in Dallas, Ft. Worth, Houston, San Antonio, Brownsville
> and all the Rio Grande Valley, San Angelo, El Paso, Elgin, Abilene,
> Lubbock, Amarillo, and most every place else in Texas come to Austin
> for BARBECUE. It is the best, I think every barbecue place in Austin
> copied my recipes. (Except for my chicken which ain't all that great).
>
> So, I understand your frustration in trying to find real barbecue in
> Ft Worth and Dallas.
>
> Bob-tx

nahhh I like Angelos and Railhead here in Ft Worth. Not that I'd
mind the drive down to Austin.. I've never tried coopers ( makes a
note) but dickeys n risky's didn't do anything for me either
Member

Location: Dallas, tx

Quote:
Originally Posted by piedmont View Post
In flight right now on Delta returning from my brothers wedding in
Dallas, TX.

Made it to Fort Worth 'Stockyards' to eat at Coopers BBQ, had goat,
brisket, sausage and pork loin. It was all good. The sauce they have,
to me, was like a mop, watery in viscosity, very mild flavor.

Also took out Q from Dickies, but I only had spare ribs, the rib meat
was mild flavored and didn't seem cook with wood, not saying it wasn't
but seemed so. Their sauce was more like a mild tomatoe based sauce
and not watery.

Best BBQ I have is at big racks BBQ by dfw airport. Granted, im friends with the owner but the brisket is awesome.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In ,
piedmont > spewed forth:
> In flight right now on Delta returning from my brothers wedding in
> Dallas, TX.
>
> Made it to Fort Worth 'Stockyards' to eat at Coopers BBQ, had goat,
> brisket, sausage and pork loin. It was all good. The sauce they have,
> to me, was like a mop, watery in viscosity, very mild flavor.
>
> Also took out Q from Dickies, but I only had spare ribs, the rib meat
> was mild flavored and didn't seem cook with wood, not saying it wasn't
> but seemed so. Their sauce was more like a mild tomatoe based sauce
> and not watery.

Condolences on eating at Dickies as CH said, Angelos and The Railhead are
good, but for Dallas try Mike Anderson near Parkland on Harry Hines or
venture to south or west Dallas for better choices. There's not much to
choose from north of downtown that's worth talking about. There's a Rudy's
in Frisco, but I find it really hit and miss. Red Hot and Blue...yuk,
Springcreek...yuk,yuk. Sammys in Uptown on Leonard is okay

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In news Dallas BBQ > spewed forth:
> piedmont;1567249 Wrote:
>> In flight right now on Delta returning from my brothers wedding in
>> Dallas, TX.
>>
>> Made it to Fort Worth 'Stockyards' to eat at Coopers BBQ, had goat,
>> brisket, sausage and pork loin. It was all good. The sauce they have,
>> to me, was like a mop, watery in viscosity, very mild flavor.
>>
>> Also took out Q from Dickies, but I only had spare ribs, the rib meat
>> was mild flavored and didn't seem cook with wood, not saying it
>> wasn't but seemed so. Their sauce was more like a mild tomatoe based
>> sauce and not watery.

> Best BBQ I have is at big racks BBQ by dfw airport. Granted, im
> friends with the owner but the brisket is awesome.

da airport is purty big, can ya be more specific

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 14-Jan-2011, "ChairMan" > wrote:

> In news > Dallas BBQ > spewed forth:
> > piedmont;1567249 Wrote:
> >> In flight right now on Delta returning from my brothers wedding in
> >> Dallas, TX.
> >>
> >> Made it to Fort Worth 'Stockyards' to eat at Coopers BBQ, had goat,
> >> brisket, sausage and pork loin. It was all good. The sauce they have,
> >> to me, was like a mop, watery in viscosity, very mild flavor.
> >>
> >> Also took out Q from Dickies, but I only had spare ribs, the rib meat
> >> was mild flavored and didn't seem cook with wood, not saying it
> >> wasn't but seemed so. Their sauce was more like a mild tomatoe based
> >> sauce and not watery.

> > Best BBQ I have is at big racks BBQ by dfw airport. Granted, im
> > friends with the owner but the brisket is awesome.

> da airport is purty big, can ya be more specific

1720 Texas 26
Grapevine, TX 76051

About three miles north of the airport.

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

http://www.bigracksbbq.com/contact.html

--
Brick(Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In ster.com,
> spewed forth:
> On 15-Jan-2011, "ChairMan" > wrote:
>
>> In ter.com,
>>
> spewed
>> forth:

>>> 1720 Texas 26
>>> Grapevine, TX 76051
>>>
>>> About three miles north of the airport.

>> thanks brick,that's right near Bass pro Shops at the north end where
>> I usually come into the airport.
>> google earth shows it to be a Whataburger at that address, but I'm
>> sure it's close. maybe the Coulters BBQ is now Big Racks just up
>> half a block

http://www.bigracksbbq.com/contact.html

well, on second thought it looks more like a hooters for Q, which is not a
real good sign.
There's a bone daddys closer, if I want T&A with my Q<g>

Three Days in Dallas Ed Rasimus Wine 11 18-07-2011 08:21 PM
Dallas Car Finance Loan – Offers Car Loans for the People living in Dallas CarDollarForall General Cooking 0 15-08-2008 07:56 AM
Dallas BBQ Jason Tinling Barbecue 2 19-11-2005 04:49 AM
BBQ in Dallas, TX Paul Brent Barbecue 5 26-02-2005 08:13 AM
Dallas Emil Luca General Cooking 6 06-05-2004 08:56 PM