FoodBanter.com

-   -   Cool little portable hibachi for travel/tailgating (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/399889-cool-little-portable-hibachi.html)

Tutall 22-08-2010 07:46 PM

Cool little portable hibachi for travel/tailgating

http://www.sonofhibachi.com/

Check out the snuff out pouch and optional roti. I know someone with
one and they love it.

I just like it's design.

Sqwertz 23-08-2010 03:36 AM

On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 11:46:10 -0700 (PDT), tutall wrote:

> http://www.sonofhibachi.com/
>
> Check out the snuff out pouch and optional roti. I know someone with
> one and they love it.
>
> I just like it's design.

Closing it up while it burns off the lighter fluid is going to leave petro
residue all over the inside of the unit and grates.

I use lighter fluid, but I use it in a shallow, open fire pan with nothing
attached to it. No residue collects that way. But their suggestion is
going to really leave a taste of fuel.

No real pictures of the unit, so I'll pass for now.

-sw

Tutall 23-08-2010 03:56 AM

On Aug 22, 7:36*pm, Sqwertz > wrote:
> On Sun, 22 Aug 2010 11:46:10 -0700 (PDT), tutall wrote:
> >http://www.sonofhibachi.com/

> > Check out the snuff out pouch and optional roti. I know someone with
> > one and they love it.

> > I just like it's design.

> Closing it up while it burns off the lighter fluid is going to leave petro
> residue all over the inside of the unit and grates.

Yes it would. But to close the unit before the lighter fluid is gone
would be before any cooking takes place, I'd not worry about it.

> No real pictures of the unit, so I'll pass for now.

Heh, didn't notice that. Good point.

Larry Fisk 23-08-2010 06:08 PM

"tutall" > wrote in message

> http://www.sonofhibachi.com/
>
> Check out the snuff out pouch and optional roti. I know someone with
> one and they love it.
> I just like it's design.

This page shows a little more detail
run your mouse over the picture
http://www.mrflame.net/hibachi.html

[email protected] 24-08-2010 04:18 AM

On 23-Aug-2010, "Larry Fisk" > wrote:

> "tutall" > wrote in message
> >
> > http://www.sonofhibachi.com/
> >
> > Check out the snuff out pouch and optional roti. I know someone with
> > one and they love it.
> > I just like it's design.

> This page shows a little more detail
> run your mouse over the picture
> http://www.mrflame.net/hibachi.html

I could have used that little grill years ago when I was motorcycle camping
every summer. Pretty hard to carry a real grill on a bike. I started pulling
a trailer and then we took everything but the sink.

--
Brick (Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.)