Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default New bbq group

The fact that liquid smoke is causually talked about and there is no one
remaining to pounce on it is proof positive that AFB is dead, totally dead.

I started a google group about bbq, the disscussion for cooking with log
fires, coals from logs and briquttes. Making a cooker at home or modifying
a store bought (non-gas) cooker.

Moderated to kill trolls, flaming, OT, etc...

Non-commercial so I don't make a penny off the traffic. No ads, no links to
Amazon or where ever.

Probably never take off but at least I tried.

http://groups.google.com/group/practical-bbqr

--
regards,

piedmont (michael)

the practical bbq'r!; http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

piedmont wrote:
> The fact that liquid smoke is causually talked about and there is no
> one remaining to pounce on it is proof positive that AFB is dead,
> totally dead.

Then I guess we won't see you on this 'dead' ng anymore. Good luck with your
new group.

--
Dave Bugg
"For it's 'guns this' and 'guns that', and 'chuck 'em out, the brutes',

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 31-Jul-2010, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:

> piedmont wrote:
> > The fact that liquid smoke is causually talked about and there is no
> > one remaining to pounce on it is proof positive that AFB is dead,
> > totally dead.

> Then I guess we won't see you on this 'dead' ng anymore. Good luck with
> your
> new group.
>
> --
> Dave Bugg

Yo Dave! Nice to see you dropping in now and then. This group isn't dead
until I say it's dead.

Ob: Fired up my grill this PM to clean my smoker grates and deep fryer
basket. Works pretty good. About an hour at 680F burns most of the
gunk off. A quick spritz with the hose finishes the job. Cost for propane
was probably pretty high, but cost for elbow grease was close to zero.
(Propane is $16.95 at BJ's Whsle Club this week for 20# tank)
--
Brick (Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"bbq" > wrote

>> Ob: Fired up my grill this PM to clean my smoker grates and deep fryer
>> basket. Works pretty good. About an hour at 680F burns most of the
>> gunk off. A quick spritz with the hose finishes the job. Cost for propane
>> was probably pretty high, but cost for elbow grease was close to zero.
>> (Propane is $16.95 at BJ's Whsle Club this week for 20# tank)

> Is $16.95 expensive for a 20# tank of propane?
>
> BBQ

Last time I paid $14.95 but that was a few weeks ago. They are usually the
cheapest around by a few bucks.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

wrote:

>>> Yo Dave! Nice to see you dropping in now and then. This group isn't dead
>>> until I say it's dead.
>>>
>>> Ob: Fired up my grill this PM to clean my smoker grates and deep fryer
>>> basket. Works pretty good. About an hour at 680F burns most of the
>>> gunk off. A quick spritz with the hose finishes the job. Cost for
>>> propane
>>> was probably pretty high, but cost for elbow grease was close to zero.
>>> (Propane is $16.95 at BJ's Whsle Club this week for 20# tank)

>> Is $16.95 expensive for a 20# tank of propane?
>>
>> BBQ

> Yes. That's about $4.23/gal for a petroleum derived product. That's almost
> 40% more then gasoline in this area. It shouldn't vary more then 10% or
> 15% in either direction from gasoline. Shipping and handling will vary for
> either product, but not to the extent of nearly double for one over the
> other.

But it also sounds like that is near the going price. Ed mentioned
$14.95 in his neck of the woods. Around here, I think it is $17 or so.

I am in Minnesota. I guess more letters in your state name, means you
gotta pay more for product. Meats are typically 20 - 25 percent more
here then you pay in sunny Florida. Brisket yesterday was $1.98 and I
have to travel 12 miles or so to get it, living in a metro area. Not
fair as far as I am concerned. We got cattle ranches, chicken coops and
Iowa just below us. Iowa is the pork capital of the world. Why do we
need to pay $2.99 for spares each and every week as a regular price?

One store is trying to sell spares at $2.49/lb. as a sale price. Not to
me.

BBQ
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:

>>> Is $16.95 expensive for a 20# tank of propane?
>>>
>>> BBQ

>> Yes. That's about $4.23/gal for a petroleum derived product. That's
>> almost 40% more then gasoline in this area. It shouldn't vary more
>> then 10% or 15% in either direction from gasoline. Shipping and
>> handling will vary for either product, but not to the extent of
>> nearly double for one over the other.
>>

> But it also sounds like that is near the going price. Ed mentioned
> $14.95 in his neck of the woods. Around here, I think it is $17 or so.
>
> I am in Minnesota. I guess more letters in your state name, means you
> gotta pay more for product. Meats are typically 20 - 25 percent more
> here then you pay in sunny Florida. Brisket yesterday was $1.98 and I
> have to travel 12 miles or so to get it, living in a metro area. Not
> fair as far as I am concerned. We got cattle ranches, chicken coops
> and Iowa just below us. Iowa is the pork capital of the world. Why do
> we need to pay $2.99 for spares each and every week as a regular
> price?
> One store is trying to sell spares at $2.49/lb. as a sale price. Not
> to me.
>
> BBQ

Hey you guys, knock off the chatter!!!! Have you no respect for a dead NG?

--
Dave Bugg
"For it's 'guns this' and 'guns that', and 'chuck 'em out, the brutes',
But they're the 'Savior of our loved ones' when the thugs begin to
loot." - Rudyard Kipling

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:

> >> Yes. That's about $4.23/gal for a petroleum derived product. That's
> >> almost 40% more then gasoline in this area. It shouldn't vary more
> >> then 10% or 15% in either direction from gasoline. Shipping and
> >> handling will vary for either product, but not to the extent of
> >> nearly double for one over the other.
> >>

> > But it also sounds like that is near the going price. Ed mentioned
> > $14.95 in his neck of the woods. Around here, I think it is $17 or so.
> >
> > I am in Minnesota. I guess more letters in your state name, means you
> > gotta pay more for product. Meats are typically 20 - 25 percent more
> > here then you pay in sunny Florida. Brisket yesterday was $1.98 and I
> > have to travel 12 miles or so to get it, living in a metro area. Not
> > fair as far as I am concerned. We got cattle ranches, chicken coops
> > and Iowa just below us. Iowa is the pork capital of the world. Why do
> > we need to pay $2.99 for spares each and every week as a regular
> > price?
> > One store is trying to sell spares at $2.49/lb. as a sale price. Not
> > to me.
> >
> > BBQ

> Hey you guys, knock off the chatter!!!! Have you no respect for a dead NG?
>
> --
> Dave Bugg

Jeez, I'm sorry. I had no intention of desrespecting the dead.

ob grilling. I just brought in my clean fryer basket from the gas grill.
Impossible
to get this thing clean in the sink or even the dishwasher. One hour in
the grill at max (650F) and it's clean as can be. A quick flush under the
faucet sprayer and back in the fryer for another few weeks. Smoker grates
are also ready to flush and replace in the smoker. All that baked on gunk
is history.

--
Brick (Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

piedmont wrote:

> The fact that liquid smoke is causually talked about and there is no one
> remaining to pounce on it is proof positive that AFB is dead, totally dead.

afb hasn't been very active for years, and that was a long, long time
before you ever showed up.

--
Mort

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

wrote:

>>> But it also sounds like that is near the going price. Ed mentioned
>>> $14.95 in his neck of the woods. Around here, I think it is $17 or so.
>>>
>>> I am in Minnesota. I guess more letters in your state name, means you
>>> gotta pay more for product. Meats are typically 20 - 25 percent more
>>> here then you pay in sunny Florida. Brisket yesterday was $1.98 and I
>>> have to travel 12 miles or so to get it, living in a metro area. Not
>>> fair as far as I am concerned. We got cattle ranches, chicken coops
>>> and Iowa just below us. Iowa is the pork capital of the world. Why do
>>> we need to pay $2.99 for spares each and every week as a regular
>>> price?
>>> One store is trying to sell spares at $2.49/lb. as a sale price. Not
>>> to me.
>>>
>>> BBQ

>> Hey you guys, knock off the chatter!!!! Have you no respect for a dead NG?
>>
>> --
>> Dave Bugg

> Jeez, I'm sorry. I had no intention of desrespecting the dead.
>
> ob grilling. I just brought in my clean fryer basket from the gas grill.
> Impossible
> to get this thing clean in the sink or even the dishwasher. One hour in
> the grill at max (650F) and it's clean as can be. A quick flush under the
> faucet sprayer and back in the fryer for another few weeks. Smoker grates
> are also ready to flush and replace in the smoker. All that baked on gunk
> is history.

Try putting them in a plastic bag with some ammonia. Let sit over night
on a level surface. The cooked on gunk scrapes of easily. Then just a
a good rinse. They have cleaned up well for me doing this.

BBQ
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 7/31/2010 8:46 AM, piedmont wrote:
> The fact that liquid smoke is causually talked about and there is no one
> remaining to pounce on it is proof positive that AFB is dead, totally dead.
>
> I started a google group about bbq, the disscussion for cooking with log
> fires, coals from logs and briquttes. Making a cooker at home or modifying
> a store bought (non-gas) cooker.
>
> Moderated to kill trolls, flaming, OT, etc...
>
> Non-commercial so I don't make a penny off the traffic. No ads, no links to
> Amazon or where ever.
>
> Probably never take off but at least I tried.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/practical-bbqr

How can you say no ads? I call sponsored links ads. Maybe not as
annoying as a pop up, but still an ad.

Moderated is a nuisance to.

BBQ
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Aug 1, 3:08*pm, bbq > wrote:

> Moderated is a nuisance to.

And look who's the moderator. Mr. Level Headed he aint. Not lately
anyways.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 8/1/2010 1:16 AM, Dave Bugg wrote:

> Hey you guys, knock off the chatter!!!! Have you no respect for a dead NG?

I'll try and be more quiet next time :-)

BBQ
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:

>> > Yo Dave! Nice to see you dropping in now and then. This group isn't dead
>> > until I say it's dead.
>> >
>> > Ob: Fired up my grill this PM to clean my smoker grates and deep fryer
>> > basket. Works pretty good. About an hour at 680F burns most of the
>> > gunk off. A quick spritz with the hose finishes the job. Cost for
>> > propane
>> > was probably pretty high, but cost for elbow grease was close to zero.
>> > (Propane is $16.95 at BJ's Whsle Club this week for 20# tank)

>> Is $16.95 expensive for a 20# tank of propane?
>>
>> BBQ

>Yes. That's about $4.23/gal for a petroleum derived product. That's almost
>40% more then gasoline in this area. It shouldn't vary more then 10% or
>15% in either direction from gasoline. Shipping and handling will vary for
>either product, but not to the extent of nearly double for one over the
>other.

I always get angry, when gasoline hit the peak, they peaked out
the propane prices. When gasoline lowered, they kept the
same propane pricing. Well at least I did own some
energy stock.

greg
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Omelet wrote:
> As for my BBQ grids, they just get a really good brushing between uses.
> Washing them removes the seasoning.
>
> My grids, after several uses and brushings only, are now non-stick!
>
> I used to go thru the production of soaking them in a big plastic tray
> and scrubbing them between uses and had to spray them with oil as a
> result.
>
> Now I know better...

Agreed. Washing grills is a huge waste of time. Thou shalt cleanseth
them instead with The Holy Fires of Cooking!
monroe(Amen!)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >, "monroe, of course" > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:
>> As for my BBQ grids, they just get a really good brushing between uses.
>> Washing them removes the seasoning.
>>
>> My grids, after several uses and brushings only, are now non-stick!
>>
>> I used to go thru the production of soaking them in a big plastic tray
>> and scrubbing them between uses and had to spray them with oil as a
>> result.
>>
>> Now I know better...

>Agreed. Washing grills is a huge waste of time. Thou shalt cleanseth
>them instead with The Holy Fires of Cooking!
>monroe(Amen!)

Never wash an steel WOK.

greg
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 2-Aug-2010, Omelet > wrote:

> In article .com>,
> wrote:
>
> > Whatever floats your boat. I don't use any chemicals or bags. I don't do
> > any scraping. I just hose them off. On the downside, my way is surely
> > the more expensive.
> >
> > --
> > Brick (Kinky is using a feather.
> > Perverted is using the whole chicken.)

> I don't have an actual fryer basket. I just use a slotted thingy (looks
> like a bent spatula) for adding and removing stuff from the fryer, but
> mine is probably smaller than yours. :-) Said thingy gets washed between
> uses so stays clean.

I have one of those tecky electric fryer thingies. It gets really groaty
after
three or four uses without cleaning in between. The basket gets a baked
on coat that rivals some kind of space age re-entry armor. Primitive fire
is the only thing I have found short of a car engine boiling tank that will
get it clean.

> As for my BBQ grids, they just get a really good brushing between uses.
> Washing them removes the seasoning.
>
> My grids, after several uses and brushings only, are now non-stick!

My grids go way past non-stick. About three times a year, I send them
to hell and back. They come back newly baptised, pure of soul and
thoroughly repentent. I hose them down, give them a quick spritz with
Pam and they're good for a few more months. I'm a professional. It's
what I do. Don't try this at home.

> I used to go thru the production of soaking them in a big plastic tray
> and scrubbing them between uses and had to spray them with oil as a
> result.
>
> Now I know better...

I confess. I never even tried that procedure. It sounds too much like
work.

> --
> Peace! Om

Folks shoud knw that Om and I cook on similar cookers. She cooks
with wood. I cook with whatever I can get my hands on, currently
lump, but more usually charcoal briquettes. I know I make good
'Q' and I don't doubt for a minute that she does too. I keep dreaming
of a 'Tejas' or a 'Klose', but I have seven years in this NB Silver and
still going strong.

--
Brick (Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jul 31, 9:46*am, piedmont > wrote:
> The fact that liquid smoke is causually talked about and there is no one
> remaining to pounce on it is proof positive that AFB is dead, totally dead.
>
> I started a google group about bbq, the disscussion for cooking with log
> fires, coals from logs and briquttes. *Making a cooker at home or modifying
> a store bought (non-gas) cooker.
>
> Moderated to kill trolls, flaming, OT, etc...
>
> Non-commercial so I don't make a penny off the traffic. No ads, no links to
> Amazon or where ever.
>
> Probably never take off but at least I tried.
>

> --
> regards,
>
> piedmont (michael)

I'm perfectly happy to sit around a fire with my friends and say
nothing for hours. I don't expect pig anatomy or hardwood to change
that fast that I need tweets.

Cam
good luck in your new venture
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

Default frying off and on topic was: something or other about how we'redead

On 8/2/2010 10:34 PM, Omelet wrote:
> In >,
> > wrote:
>
>> Brick, thanks. You are blast around here with your humor. I got a
>> letter from the city recently. They don't like the Lilac branches I cut
>> down last year hanging out on my deck. They're drying out for christs
>> sake. I cut them down, let them dry out and use on fish.
>>
>> They don't like my 89 toyota without current tabs in the driveway.
>> Geez, all tires have air. I can't drive both at once. My attached
>> garage is more of a large shed then a place to put a car.
>>
>> So yea, with the city on my case, I need some humor dealing with them.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> BBQ

> BBQ, the only hope against the city is cooperation, or grandfathering.
> :-(

Trust me, I don't fight city hall. They're are being OK with me, just
reminding me of ordinances that I don't know exist...

> I wish I could be more help, but there is a reason I have one emu and no
> more chickens.<sigh>
>
> On the up-side, they helped me force my brother in law to get rid of the
> dead van in the back yard that was a giant rats nest...
>
> All things said and done, it's expensive to fight ordinances.
>
> Blame your fellow voters.

The neighbor that called on me is going to loan me a tool to cut down
the junk that grows from the stump of the ELM tree I had cut down a few
years back. I should have had the stump removed, but didn't want to pay
the additional $200.

> As for the Toyota, look for a local storage place. They are generally
> reasonable, but no guarantee against vandals unless you can park it
> indoors. They did in my Passat and I surrendered the car to a local
> recycler that helped me use it as a tax write-off after vandals broke
> out both front windows, and vandalized the inside trying to hotwire it.
>
> Even with 4 flat tires. ;-/
>
> I hate local druggy teens! And despite the police dept.'s help, there
> was no real way to sue the parents for the loss. The tax writeoff was
> worth more than the parents of said delinquents.

It might be easy to get a judgment if they were guilty of the damage,
but collecting is another thing....

> Also worth more than the car.

I give non running vehicles to the Vietnam Veterans Association and take
the $500 write-off..

> Basically, I feel your pain, but it's cheaper to compromise as much as
> it sucks.
>
> Alternately, clear the garage to make space. ;-)
> And store the junk in storage or the attic!

A project I am working on, nibbling away a few hours each week..

BBQ

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:

>> > Whatever floats your boat. I don't use any chemicals or bags. I don't do
>> > any scraping. I just hose them off. On the downside, my way is surely
>> > the more expensive.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Brick (Kinky is using a feather.
>> > Perverted is using the whole chicken.)

>> I don't have an actual fryer basket. I just use a slotted thingy (looks
>> like a bent spatula) for adding and removing stuff from the fryer, but
>> mine is probably smaller than yours. :-) Said thingy gets washed between
>> uses so stays clean.

>I have one of those tecky electric fryer thingies. It gets really groaty
>after
>three or four uses without cleaning in between. The basket gets a baked
>on coat that rivals some kind of space age re-entry armor. Primitive fire
>is the only thing I have found short of a car engine boiling tank that will
>get it clean.
>

>> As for my BBQ grids, they just get a really good brushing between uses.
>> Washing them removes the seasoning.
>>
>> My grids, after several uses and brushings only, are now non-stick!

>My grids go way past non-stick. About three times a year, I send them
>to hell and back. They come back newly baptised, pure of soul and
>thoroughly repentent. I hose them down, give them a quick spritz with
>Pam and they're good for a few more months. I'm a professional. It's
>what I do. Don't try this at home.

I was just thinking, I use Pam, but as suggested on wooden blocks, always
use mineral oil. It does not go rancid, or get sticky.

greg

>> I used to go thru the production of soaking them in a big plastic tray
>> and scrubbing them between uses and had to spray them with oil as a
>> result.
>>
>> Now I know better...

>I confess. I never even tried that procedure. It sounds too much like
>work.
>
>> --
>> Peace! Om

>Folks shoud knw that Om and I cook on similar cookers. She cooks
>with wood. I cook with whatever I can get my hands on, currently
>lump, but more usually charcoal briquettes. I know I make good
>'Q' and I don't doubt for a minute that she does too. I keep dreaming
>of a 'Tejas' or a 'Klose', but I have seven years in this NB Silver and
>still going strong.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 12:54:03 -0700, Dave Bugg wrote:
>
>> There are commercial powders available, that is mixed with the hot
>> water with which you fill the fryer emptied of old oil. The fryer is
>> then turned on and you let the mixture boil for 10 to 15 minutes.
>> The fryer baskets are immersed in the boiling mixture. When time is
>> up, the mixture is drained, the fryer is rinsed with a bucket of
>> water, and it is good to go. The fryer baskets are squeeky clean.

> Ahh yes, "Better Living through Chemistry".
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_...ough_Chemistry

Chemistry sometimes does the job that Americans will no longer do :-)
--
Dave Bugg
"For it's 'guns this' and 'guns that', and 'chuck 'em out, the brutes',
But they're the 'Savior of our loved ones' when the thugs begin to
loot." - Rudyard Kipling

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:

> >> I do it the same way, Brick. It seems to do fine for me. It sounds
> >> like the
> >> ammonia-in-the bag route would work well, but I recently lost my
> >> ammonia-possession license.
> >> --
> >> Dave Bugg

> > While you're here Dave, I can't help wondering how one cleans
> > a machine like the Southern Pride Smoker. Those rotisserie racks
> > must get pretty groaty after a couple of days. And I can't see how
> > a BBQ brush would be a very productive tool for getting them
> > clean.

> I will take a stiff, wire brush to each shelf, followed by a propane weed
> torch, prior to placing the next day's meat load in the pit. It only takes
>
> 15-20 minutes. At the end of the week when closed (Sundays), the racks are
>
> removed, soaked, and scrubbed.
>
> I made the mistake of pressure washing the inside of the pit only
> once....following the instructions from Ole Hickory. It took me many days
> re-season that sucker.
>
> --
> Dave Bugg

I wonder why I keep insisting on turning your Ole Hickory into a Southern
Pride. Some weird form of dyslexia maybe? The weed torch sounds like
an inventive solution to an otherwise aggravating problem.

--
Brick (Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 3-Aug-2010, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:

> Sqwertz wrote:
> > On Mon, 2 Aug 2010 12:54:03 -0700, Dave Bugg wrote:
> >
> >> There are commercial powders available, that is mixed with the hot
> >> water with which you fill the fryer emptied of old oil. The fryer is
> >> then turned on and you let the mixture boil for 10 to 15 minutes.
> >> The fryer baskets are immersed in the boiling mixture. When time is
> >> up, the mixture is drained, the fryer is rinsed with a bucket of
> >> water, and it is good to go. The fryer baskets are squeeky clean.

> > Ahh yes, "Better Living through Chemistry".
> >
> > http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_...ough_Chemistry

> Chemistry sometimes does the job that Americans will no longer do :-)
> --
> Dave Bugg

Yeh, them damn illegal chemists are taking over everything and no one
is even trying to stop them.

--
Brick (Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:
> On 3-Aug-2010, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
>
>> Sqwertz wrote:

>>> Ahh yes, "Better Living through Chemistry".

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Better_...ough_Chemistry

>> Chemistry sometimes does the job that Americans will no longer do
>> :-) --
>> Dave Bugg

> Yeh, them damn illegal chemists are taking over everything and no one
> is even trying to stop them.

Nice one, Brick :-)
--
Dave Bugg
"For it's 'guns this' and 'guns that', and 'chuck 'em out, the brutes',
But they're the 'Savior of our loved ones' when the thugs begin to
loot." - Rudyard Kipling

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 31 jul, 15:46, piedmont > wrote:
> The fact that liquid smoke is causually talked about and there is no one
> remaining to pounce on it is proof positive that AFB is dead, totally dead.
>
> I started a google group about bbq, the disscussion for cooking with log
> fires, coals from logs and briquttes. *Making a cooker at home or modifying
> a store bought (non-gas) cooker.
>
> Moderated to kill trolls, flaming, OT, etc...
>
> Non-commercial so I don't make a penny off the traffic. No ads, no links to
> Amazon or where ever.
>
> Probably never take off but at least I tried.
>
> http://groups.google.com/group/practical-bbqr
>
> --
> regards,
>
> piedmont (michael)
>
> the practical bbq'r!;http://sites.google.com/site/thepractica

I personally think it is wiser to continue to have one centralized
location for sharing BBQ related information. Some might be of use to
you, some might not be. I personally only use wood for smoking, but
admit having experimented with liquid smoke. Did not like the outcome
of that experiment and will not use it again. If others have good
results, alt food barbecue should be the place to discuss it.
I do agree with Piedmont that it is now easier to find shoes, girly
dresses or a catalogue bride on this newsgroup than BBQ news. Although
off topic, maybe someone has a good idea on how to filter out that
garbage.

Adriaan Kesteloo,

The Netherlands

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Omelet wrote:

> I pay $13.00 per month for Giganews.com.
> Worth every damned penny and I see less than 10% of the spam crap
> posted.

I've tried various 'free' usenet access products and I like Giganews, too.
But I only pay $3.00 bucks per month (actually it's $2.99, but what's a
penny between friends).

--
Dave Bugg
"For it's 'guns this' and 'guns that', and 'chuck 'em out, the brutes',
But they're the 'Savior of our loved ones' when the thugs begin to
loot." - Rudyard Kipling

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 8/5/2010 3:36 PM, Dave Bugg wrote:
> Omelet wrote:
>
>> I pay $13.00 per month for Giganews.com.
>> Worth every damned penny and I see less than 10% of the spam crap
>> posted.

> I've tried various 'free' usenet access products and I like Giganews, too.
> But I only pay $3.00 bucks per month (actually it's $2.99, but what's a
> penny between friends).

I paid $2.75 in April. Won't need to make another payment until 2015..

BBQ
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 8/5/2010 3:49 PM, Omelet wrote:
> In article<KpidnQxASolxvcbRnZ2dnUVZ_jqdnZ2d@giganews. com>,
> "Dave > wrote:
>
>> Omelet wrote:
>>
>>> I pay $13.00 per month for Giganews.com.
>>> Worth every damned penny and I see less than 10% of the spam crap
>>> posted.

>> I've tried various 'free' usenet access products and I like Giganews, too.
>> But I only pay $3.00 bucks per month (actually it's $2.99, but what's a
>> penny between friends).

> You're the second one that's mentioned that. ;-/ I need to look at that
> and maybe unsub then re-sub to their service to get the better rate...
> or e-mail them about it and see what they have to say.
>
> I've been using them for awhile now.

Have you found out how to check your usage?

BBQ

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 5-Aug-2010, Omelet > wrote:

> In article >,
> bbq > wrote:
>
> > On 8/5/2010 3:49 PM, Omelet wrote:

> > > You're the second one that's mentioned that. ;-/ I need to look at
> > > that
> > > and maybe unsub then re-sub to their service to get the better rate...
> > > or e-mail them about it and see what they have to say.
> > >
> > > I've been using them for awhile now.

> > Have you found out how to check your usage?
> >
> > BBQ

> No, And I doubt it's that high.
>
> I'm being ripped off and did not know it. ;-)
>
> Thanks!
> --
> Peace! Om

I pay usenetmonster $2.95/mo for 130 gigs. I've never run out,
although I often rape scenery, railroad an playboy newsgroups.
Earlier this period (From 27 Jul) I downloaded several thousand
pictures. (all of which turned out to be junk). I have more then
80 gigs left this period.

--
Brick (Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 8-Aug-2010, BubbaBob > wrote:

> Sqwertz > wrote:
>

> > Why?
> >
> >> the disscussion for cooking with log
> >> fires, coals from logs and briquttes. Making a cooker at home or
> >> modifying a store bought (non-gas) cooker.

> > There are a whole new slew of gas-powered, cabinet style barbecue
> > pits out there now. I counted 6 at Academy last night. There
> > were only 3 last year. Even Walmart has 2 on display.
> >

> You can't barbecue with gas.

The hell I can't. I BBQ'd a beef shoulder June 25 of this year in my
gasser bullet by Coleman. It's good eats. Big jim makes 'Q' with gas
all the time. The BBQ at Cross Creek, FL this year was done with gas.
First, you have to know how to make BBQ; then you have to make do
with what you have to work with. We all have our favorite ways of
cooking 'Q', but that don't mean we can't produce decent BBQ with
whatever the hell happens to be available.

--
Brick (Kinky is using a feather.
Perverted is using the whole chicken.)

Alt Group Intend to Take Over This Group Bakerman Baking 4 25-06-2008 03:50 AM
I Am New To This Group [email protected] General Cooking 35 02-12-2006 07:04 PM
TO THE GROUP......... Shiver General Cooking 4 23-09-2006 04:43 PM
New to the group Lew Bryson Beer 2 28-06-2005 06:55 PM
new to the group [email protected] Sourdough 0 21-06-2005 09:10 PM