Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Your Grocer's Worst Nightmare!

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> oh yeah, and it did for several months after... it was so bad, a guy i went
> to school with called my mom to ask if i needed rescuing, was the DH being
> mean, blablabla, it was really funny to us, sorta like the time we were in
> the store buying baby food for a litter of kittens we were prettty sure
> would die but you know, gotta try... so we are there the dh is reading
> labels, no onions, n o garlic no this or that... during this conversation i
> say, these little shits better like it or i will do them in myself they
> won't have to starve to death on their own as mch money i am spending... now
> keep in mind, dh and i have no children, and i guess everyone else in that
> isle was getting food for their human kids or grandkids... a lady muffled a
> scream and the entire isle was silent as we made our selections... and as a
> bonus, several people let us in front of them... DH said as we were putting
> purchases in the car three different people were writing down our plate
> numbers, Lee

People have no sense of humor. ;-)

Did the kittens survive?

I've used baby food (meat flavored) to get sick elderly cats to eat more
when they had mouth issues.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

two of the four lived, tv my cat who just died was one of those kittens, OEJ
his sister is still with me, on tapazol but doing well, harri karri, a blue
brillo pad collored screamer, and sammy so ssmall did not survive, sammy
looked like their mother... Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> oh yeah, and it did for several months after... it was so bad, a guy i
>> went
>> to school with called my mom to ask if i needed rescuing, was the DH
>> being
>> mean, blablabla, it was really funny to us, sorta like the time we were
>> in
>> the store buying baby food for a litter of kittens we were prettty sure
>> would die but you know, gotta try... so we are there the dh is reading
>> labels, no onions, n o garlic no this or that... during this conversation
>> say, these little shits better like it or i will do them in myself they
>> won't have to starve to death on their own as mch money i am spending...
>> now
>> keep in mind, dh and i have no children, and i guess everyone else in
>> that
>> isle was getting food for their human kids or grandkids... a lady muffled
>> scream and the entire isle was silent as we made our selections... and as
>> bonus, several people let us in front of them... DH said as we were
>> putting
>> purchases in the car three different people were writing down our plate
>> numbers, Lee

> People have no sense of humor. ;-)
>
> Did the kittens survive?
>
> I've used baby food (meat flavored) to get sick elderly cats to eat more
> when they had mouth issues.
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> two of the four lived, tv my cat who just died was one of those kittens, OEJ
> his sister is still with me, on tapazol but doing well, harri karri, a blue
> brillo pad collored screamer, and sammy so ssmall did not survive, sammy
> looked like their mother... Lee

At least you saved two of them.<sigh>
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

they were born9-8-98 which was the day mark mcguire broke the base ball
records for home runs, a month or so later, dh's father passed away and 24
hours laters my best friend died... so we went through all of that and a
week later on sat and sun, we had their services, we held up pretty good
until we came home and violette ran to me then away then to dh and away and
he followed her and there was sammy gone... harri went two days later...
that was the point i decided to keep tv and oej... it was a good decision,
both brought me much joy over the years, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> two of the four lived, tv my cat who just died was one of those kittens,
>> OEJ
>> his sister is still with me, on tapazol but doing well, harri karri, a
>> blue
>> brillo pad collored screamer, and sammy so ssmall did not survive, sammy
>> looked like their mother... Lee

> At least you saved two of them.<sigh>
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> they were born9-8-98 which was the day mark mcguire broke the base ball
> records for home runs, a month or so later, dh's father passed away and 24
> hours laters my best friend died... so we went through all of that and a
> week later on sat and sun, we had their services, we held up pretty good
> until we came home and violette ran to me then away then to dh and away and
> he followed her and there was sammy gone... harri went two days later...
> that was the point i decided to keep tv and oej... it was a good decision,
> both brought me much joy over the years, Lee

I take what joy I can get... My #1 favorite bottle raised kitty, Selene,
passed away about 6 months ago. I still have her sister and brother,
Isis and Gandalf. Both of them are old enough to have developed some
hyperthyroidism. I hate that. :-( Have lost more than one cat to it.
Gandalf has recently put on some weight with extra babying, as has Isis.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

well that is the good thing about my vet she is a very cautious sort, and so
fa r at least we are doing well... buut i must admit, that stewed chicken is
helping oej's weight, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> they were born9-8-98 which was the day mark mcguire broke the base ball
>> records for home runs, a month or so later, dh's father passed away and
>> 24
>> hours laters my best friend died... so we went through all of that and a
>> week later on sat and sun, we had their services, we held up pretty good
>> until we came home and violette ran to me then away then to dh and away
>> and
>> he followed her and there was sammy gone... harri went two days later...
>> that was the point i decided to keep tv and oej... it was a good
>> decision,
>> both brought me much joy over the years, Lee

> I take what joy I can get... My #1 favorite bottle raised kitty, Selene,
> passed away about 6 months ago. I still have her sister and brother,
> Isis and Gandalf. Both of them are old enough to have developed some
> hyperthyroidism. I hate that. :-( Have lost more than one cat to it.
> Gandalf has recently put on some weight with extra babying, as has Isis.
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> well that is the good thing about my vet she is a very cautious sort, and so
> fa r at least we are doing well... buut i must admit, that stewed chicken is
> helping oej's weight, Lee

That is always good!

I've been using Hill's A&D as needed but the cats are finicky. Right
now, Gandalf is gaining weight on Meow Mix wet food and Isis and Ka are
gaining weight on Friskies canned chopped with gravy. I switch foods
around as they lose interest and even use Fancy Feast as needed.

Just so I can get them to eat!
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

as long as it doesn't impair health needs eating is better thnan not...
trudi for example would starve herself if it weren't dry... and she stays
thin unless i give her kitten food... she is the only one of mine that
doesn't mind the occasional intruder kitty as she know that means kitten
food for her... new crop of kittens now, polidactile at that, almost had one
for the shelter but it eluded the dh...
ob bbq... sauce anyway... had some left over sauce and heating made it much
hotter in the spice dept than it had been before, we will see what happens
and if i shouldn't have eaten it, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> well that is the good thing about my vet she is a very cautious sort, and
>> so
>> fa r at least we are doing well... buut i must admit, that stewed chicken
>> is
>> helping oej's weight, Lee

> That is always good!
>
> I've been using Hill's A&D as needed but the cats are finicky. Right
> now, Gandalf is gaining weight on Meow Mix wet food and Isis and Ka are
> gaining weight on Friskies canned chopped with gravy. I switch foods
> around as they lose interest and even use Fancy Feast as needed.
>
> Just so I can get them to eat!
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> as long as it doesn't impair health needs eating is better thnan not...
> trudi for example would starve herself if it weren't dry... and she stays
> thin unless i give her kitten food... she is the only one of mine that
> doesn't mind the occasional intruder kitty as she know that means kitten
> food for her... new crop of kittens now, polidactile at that, almost had one
> for the shelter but it eluded the dh...

A&D dry is a high calorie food for starvling kitties...
It does help. I Isolate Gandalf twice per day to get his extra feeding,
and have also been forcing Immodium. The hyperthyroidism has other side
effects.

> ob bbq... sauce anyway... had some left over sauce and heating made it much
> hotter in the spice dept than it had been before, we will see what happens
> and if i shouldn't have eaten it, Lee

Should be fine. <grins> Plenty of preservatives!

I just had a bowl of rice noodles with leftovers mixed in. Thin sliced
roast beast and some steamed Swiss Chard that had been soaking in lemon
butter...
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

well as to the food, she has issues from being shot full of bbs as a kitten
so she naturally keeps her weight thin, if she does gain she starts to have
trouble walking and then doesn't eat until she loses, so i just give her the
kitten food when she gets way to thin...

I was thinking last night some smoked brisket would make nice stir fry,

news