Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default rabbits, partly ot

to finish up the snake thing, these were huge snakes, but then all snakes
are huge to me, as a small aside my mother raised doves for a time until
they started going missing, until one day my dad went a couple hours early
to feed because they had some sort of apt to keep... there in the cage was a
big old black snake, when he was hungry he could squeese throught the wire
and would eat a buird then digest... to get skinny enough to get back out...
he was sent to snake heaven very quickly...

now to the on topic part. all of this talk of rabbits made me wonder if any
of you have ever smoked it, and i was also wondering if any of you have ever
grilled it and what you thought of either, the only way i have eaten rabbit
where i like it is deep fried and with dumplings... and that german dish i
can't recall the name of atm.

Lee

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> to finish up the snake thing, these were huge snakes, but then all snakes
> are huge to me, as a small aside my mother raised doves for a time until
> they started going missing, until one day my dad went a couple hours early
> to feed because they had some sort of apt to keep... there in the cage was a
> big old black snake, when he was hungry he could squeese throught the wire
> and would eat a buird then digest... to get skinny enough to get back out...
> he was sent to snake heaven very quickly...
>
> now to the on topic part. all of this talk of rabbits made me wonder if any
> of you have ever smoked it, and i was also wondering if any of you have ever
> grilled it and what you thought of either, the only way i have eaten rabbit
> where i like it is deep fried and with dumplings... and that german dish i
> can't recall the name of atm.
>
> Lee

I've never smoked rabbit. If it's domestic bunny and young and tender,
it gets southern fried. Wild bunny is tougher so it gets a long braise,
generally in a tomato based sauce.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> to finish up the snake thing, these were huge snakes, but then all snakes
> are huge to me, as a small aside my mother raised doves for a time until
> they started going missing, until one day my dad went a couple hours early
> to feed because they had some sort of apt to keep... there in the cage was
> a big old black snake, when he was hungry he could squeese throught the
> wire and would eat a buird then digest... to get skinny enough to get back
> out... he was sent to snake heaven very quickly...
>
> now to the on topic part. all of this talk of rabbits made me wonder if
> any of you have ever smoked it, and i was also wondering if any of you
> have ever grilled it and what you thought of either, the only way i have
> eaten rabbit where i like it is deep fried and with dumplings... and that
> german dish i can't recall the name of atm.
>
> Lee

Hassenpfeffer perhaps ?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasenpfeffer

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

sister's are young/dom bunnies and she either fries or makes dumplings, when
i do it istew it then add dumplings, she stews and debones, but i wa
thinking smoked might be nice, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> to finish up the snake thing, these were huge snakes, but then all snakes
>> are huge to me, as a small aside my mother raised doves for a time
>> until
>> they started going missing, until one day my dad went a couple hours
>> early
>> to feed because they had some sort of apt to keep... there in the cage
>> was a
>> big old black snake, when he was hungry he could squeese throught the
>> wire
>> and would eat a buird then digest... to get skinny enough to get back
>> out...
>> he was sent to snake heaven very quickly...
>>
>> now to the on topic part. all of this talk of rabbits made me wonder if
>> any
>> of you have ever smoked it, and i was also wondering if any of you have
>> ever
>> grilled it and what you thought of either, the only way i have eaten
>> rabbit
>> where i like it is deep fried and with dumplings... and that german dish
>> can't recall the name of atm.
>>
>> Lee

> I've never smoked rabbit. If it's domestic bunny and young and tender,
> it gets southern fried. Wild bunny is tougher so it gets a long braise,
> generally in a tomato based sauce.
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

yes my soggy sunburnt brain thanks you, Lee
"Larry Fisk" > wrote in message

> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> to finish up the snake thing, these were huge snakes, but then all snakes
>> are huge to me, as a small aside my mother raised doves for a time
>> until they started going missing, until one day my dad went a couple
>> hours early to feed because they had some sort of apt to keep... there in
>> the cage was a big old black snake, when he was hungry he could squeese
>> throught the wire and would eat a buird then digest... to get skinny
>> enough to get back out... he was sent to snake heaven very quickly...
>>
>> now to the on topic part. all of this talk of rabbits made me wonder if
>> any of you have ever smoked it, and i was also wondering if any of you
>> have ever grilled it and what you thought of either, the only way i have
>> eaten rabbit where i like it is deep fried and with dumplings... and that
>> german dish i can't recall the name of atm.
>>
>> Lee

> Hassenpfeffer perhaps ?
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hasenpfeffer

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> to finish up the snake thing, these were huge snakes, but then
> all snakes are huge to me, as a small aside my mother raised
> doves for a time until they started going missing, until one day
> my dad went a couple hours early to feed because they had some
> sort of apt to keep... there in the cage was a big old black
> snake, when he was hungry he could squeese throught the wire and
> would eat a buird then digest... to get skinny enough to get
> back out... he was sent to snake heaven very quickly...
>
> now to the on topic part. all of this talk of rabbits made me
> wonder if any of you have ever smoked it, and i was also
> wondering if any of you have ever grilled it and what you
> thought of either, the only way i have eaten rabbit where i like
> it is deep fried and with dumplings... and that german dish i
> can't recall the name of atm.
>
> Lee

My dog cornered a black snake on the walk by our bird feeder. It
had caught a Finch and had it about 2/3 way down its gullet. I
had always heard a snake couldn't spit out its food once it had it
in its mouth. To save the snake from my dog, I picked it up to
carry it to the woods. Woops/ / / it spit the bird out and grabbed
my thumb.

With the black snake firmly gripping my thumb, I put the dog in
the garage and laid it back down by the spit out bird. It chose
the bird, let go of my thumb and started to swallow the bird
again. When the bird was past any spit out stage, I used gloves
and picked it up again and took it to the creek where it'd be
safe. My poor dog wouldn't speak to me for a couple days because
of this insult, but we eventually made up.

Nonny

--
On most days,
it’s just not worth

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

if that had happened to me i wouldn't be writing here, i would be dead, you
think... silly broad black snakes aren't posionus/// i know that, but i
would have had a heart attack, would have been dead before i hit the
ground... lol, Lee
"Nonny" > wrote in message

> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> to finish up the snake thing, these were huge snakes, but then all snakes
>> are huge to me, as a small aside my mother raised doves for a time
>> until they started going missing, until one day my dad went a couple
>> hours early to feed because they had some sort of apt to keep... there in
>> the cage was a big old black snake, when he was hungry he could squeese
>> throught the wire and would eat a buird then digest... to get skinny
>> enough to get back out... he was sent to snake heaven very quickly...
>>
>> now to the on topic part. all of this talk of rabbits made me wonder if
>> any of you have ever smoked it, and i was also wondering if any of you
>> have ever grilled it and what you thought of either, the only way i have
>> eaten rabbit where i like it is deep fried and with dumplings... and that
>> german dish i can't recall the name of atm.
>>
>> Lee
>>

> My dog cornered a black snake on the walk by our bird feeder. It had
> caught a Finch and had it about 2/3 way down its gullet. I had always
> heard a snake couldn't spit out its food once it had it in its mouth. To
> save the snake from my dog, I picked it up to carry it to the woods.
> Woops/ / / it spit the bird out and grabbed my thumb.
>
> With the black snake firmly gripping my thumb, I put the dog in the garage
> and laid it back down by the spit out bird. It chose the bird, let go of
> my thumb and started to swallow the bird again. When the bird was past
> any spit out stage, I used gloves and picked it up again and took it to
> the creek where it'd be safe. My poor dog wouldn't speak to me for a
> couple days because of this insult, but we eventually made up.
>
> Nonny
>
> --
> On most days,
> it’s just not worth
> the effort of chewing
> through the restraints..

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> sister's are young/dom bunnies and she either fries or makes dumplings, when
> i do it istew it then add dumplings, she stews and debones, but i wa
> thinking smoked might be nice, Lee

Domestic bunny should be tender enough to try it. Please let us know how
it comes out?

Does she do an 12 to 16 week slaughter age?
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> > My dog cornered a black snake on the walk by our bird feeder. It had
> > caught a Finch and had it about 2/3 way down its gullet. I had always
> > heard a snake couldn't spit out its food once it had it in its mouth. To
> > save the snake from my dog, I picked it up to carry it to the woods.
> > Woops/ / / it spit the bird out and grabbed my thumb.
> >
> > With the black snake firmly gripping my thumb, I put the dog in the garage
> > and laid it back down by the spit out bird. It chose the bird, let go of
> > my thumb and started to swallow the bird again. When the bird was past
> > any spit out stage, I used gloves and picked it up again and took it to
> > the creek where it'd be safe. My poor dog wouldn't speak to me for a
> > couple days because of this insult, but we eventually made up.
> >
> > Nonny

> if that had happened to me i wouldn't be writing here, i would be dead, you
> think... silly broad black snakes aren't posionus/// i know that, but i
> would have had a heart attack, would have been dead before i hit the
> ground... lol, Lee

Reminds me of a very amusing story about me and a rescued ball python...
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

I am not sure of the age but it seems tht its very young. I am putting this
on my list to try, looking for spices and so forth, unless i barrow my dad's
smoker i must wait until cebalas puts mine on sale... i have finally decided
on the bradley, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> sister's are young/dom bunnies and she either fries or makes dumplings,
>> when
>> i do it istew it then add dumplings, she stews and debones, but i wa
>> thinking smoked might be nice, Lee

> Domestic bunny should be tender enough to try it. Please let us know how
> it comes out?
>
> Does she do an 12 to 16 week slaughter age?
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

shudder... i know someone has to love them its not me, anything i put my
hands better be warm and for the most part furry, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> > My dog cornered a black snake on the walk by our bird feeder. It had
>> > caught a Finch and had it about 2/3 way down its gullet. I had always
>> > heard a snake couldn't spit out its food once it had it in its mouth.
>> > save the snake from my dog, I picked it up to carry it to the woods.
>> > Woops/ / / it spit the bird out and grabbed my thumb.
>> >
>> > With the black snake firmly gripping my thumb, I put the dog in the
>> > garage
>> > and laid it back down by the spit out bird. It chose the bird, let go
>> > of
>> > my thumb and started to swallow the bird again. When the bird was past
>> > any spit out stage, I used gloves and picked it up again and took it to
>> > the creek where it'd be safe. My poor dog wouldn't speak to me for a
>> > couple days because of this insult, but we eventually made up.
>> >
>> > Nonny

>> if that had happened to me i wouldn't be writing here, i would be dead,
>> you
>> think... silly broad black snakes aren't posionus/// i know that, but i
>> would have had a heart attack, would have been dead before i hit the
>> ground... lol, Lee

> Reminds me of a very amusing story about me and a rescued ball python...
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> shudder... i know someone has to love them its not me, anything i put my
> hands better be warm and for the most part furry, Lee

I'm ok with reptiles. But I do prefer the siamese furball purring in my
lap at the moment... ;-)
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> I am not sure of the age but it seems tht its very young. I am putting this
> on my list to try, looking for spices and so forth, unless i barrow my dad's
> smoker i must wait until cebalas puts mine on sale... i have finally decided
> on the bradley, Lee

Cool. Most likely will go on sale around the Holidays!
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

other reptiles aren't nearly so bad, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> shudder... i know someone has to love them its not me, anything i put my
>> hands better be warm and for the most part furry, Lee

> I'm ok with reptiles. But I do prefer the siamese furball purring in my
> lap at the moment... ;-)
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

when we were there they had it for a little over three hundred, they had a
used one of their house brand for 159 which dh was seriously considering,
then when he saw that the bradly was right for me to operate independently
he agreed we should get it... but i couldn't fork over that much money when
i have seen them lots cheaper... since this is a luxury thing i am good with
waiting for a better price... Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> I am not sure of the age but it seems tht its very young. I am putting
>> this
>> on my list to try, looking for spices and so forth, unless i barrow my
>> dad's
>> smoker i must wait until cebalas puts mine on sale... i have finally
>> decided
>> on the bradley, Lee

> Cool. Most likely will go on sale around the Holidays!
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
> > In article >,
> > "Stormmee" > wrote:
> >
> >> shudder... i know someone has to love them its not me, anything i put my
> >> hands better be warm and for the most part furry, Lee

> > I'm ok with reptiles. But I do prefer the siamese furball purring in my
> > lap at the moment... ;-)

> other reptiles aren't nearly so bad, Lee

Siamese reptiles??? <grins>
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
> > In article >,
> > "Stormmee" > wrote:
> >
> >> I am not sure of the age but it seems tht its very young. I am putting
> >> this
> >> on my list to try, looking for spices and so forth, unless i barrow my
> >> dad's
> >> smoker i must wait until cebalas puts mine on sale... i have finally
> >> decided
> >> on the bradley, Lee

> > Cool. Most likely will go on sale around the Holidays!

> when we were there they had it for a little over three hundred, they had a
> used one of their house brand for 159 which dh was seriously considering,
> then when he saw that the bradly was right for me to operate independently
> he agreed we should get it... but i couldn't fork over that much money when
> i have seen them lots cheaper... since this is a luxury thing i am good with
> waiting for a better price... Lee

Good hunting! I know the feeling...
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

lol, i grew up with meezers because my dad was ER allergic to all other
cats... lol, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> "Omelet" > wrote in message
>> news

>> > I'm ok with reptiles. But I do prefer the siamese furball purring in my
>> > lap at the moment... ;-)

>> other reptiles aren't nearly so bad, Lee

> Siamese reptiles??? <grins>
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

before i had totally made up my mind i saw it for right around two hundred
a few times, and once at about a hundred sixty or seventy, now that i am
sure that is what i want it will probably go up and stay there, LOL, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> "Omelet" > wrote in message
>> news

>> > Cool. Most likely will go on sale around the Holidays!

>> when we were there they had it for a little over three hundred, they had
>> used one of their house brand for 159 which dh was seriously
>> considering,
>> then when he saw that the bradly was right for me to operate
>> independently
>> he agreed we should get it... but i couldn't fork over that much money
>> when
>> i have seen them lots cheaper... since this is a luxury thing i am good
>> with
>> waiting for a better price... Lee

> Good hunting! I know the feeling...
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" > wrote in
:

snip
> now to the on topic part. all of this talk of rabbits made me wonder
> if any of you have ever smoked it, and i was also wondering if any of
> you have ever grilled it and what you thought of either, the only way
> i have eaten rabbit where i like it is deep fried and with
> dumplings... and that german dish i can't recall the name of atm.
>
> Lee

Hi Lee

I haven't bbq'd rabbit, that being said, to lay out the case, rabbit,
regardless of wild or domesticated is skinless, the meat won't be
protected the way chicken skin protects chicken meat. Also, rabbit meat
is lean, right!?

Sooo, if you wish, I would suggest indirect as in an upright cooker or
offset. Also, brine is the word, brine the rabbit to help plump it. Then
I would think you could arrive at a great result.

As far as wild or domestic, tough or tender, if wild and tough, It will
simply require longer cooking and basting so it doesn't get dry.

You didn't hear me say this but this one time I also would suggest
cooking half way then foiling, adding some mop and finish to force the
issue of staying moist. I'd never do this for ribs as they have enough
fat on their own.

As Justin used to say, I gaurunteee!

--
regards,

piedmont (michael)

the practical bbq'r!; http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
> > In article >,
> > "Stormmee" > wrote:
> >
> >> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> >> news > >> > In article >,

> >> other reptiles aren't nearly so bad, Lee

> > Siamese reptiles??? <grins>

> lol, i grew up with meezers because my dad was ER allergic to all other
> cats... lol, Lee

Their fur certainly is different. :-)
But I've found they tend to be more prone to shedding.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

yes they are very lean and that was one of my issues, i was thinking that a
bacon blanket and cooked, ... what is that where you cut the chicken almost
in half??? if that works i was thinking that i would do that then give it
some bacon to keep it moist, thanks for the imput, Lee
"piedmont" > wrote in message
.. .
> "Stormmee" > wrote in
> :
>
> snip
>> now to the on topic part. all of this talk of rabbits made me wonder
>> if any of you have ever smoked it, and i was also wondering if any of
>> you have ever grilled it and what you thought of either, the only way
>> i have eaten rabbit where i like it is deep fried and with
>> dumplings... and that german dish i can't recall the name of atm.
>>
>> Lee
>>

> Hi Lee
>
> I haven't bbq'd rabbit, that being said, to lay out the case, rabbit,
> regardless of wild or domesticated is skinless, the meat won't be
> protected the way chicken skin protects chicken meat. Also, rabbit meat
> is lean, right!?
>
> Sooo, if you wish, I would suggest indirect as in an upright cooker or
> offset. Also, brine is the word, brine the rabbit to help plump it. Then
> I would think you could arrive at a great result.
>
> As far as wild or domestic, tough or tender, if wild and tough, It will
> simply require longer cooking and basting so it doesn't get dry.
>
> You didn't hear me say this but this one time I also would suggest
> cooking half way then foiling, adding some mop and finish to force the
> issue of staying moist. I'd never do this for ribs as they have enough
> fat on their own.
>
> As Justin used to say, I gaurunteee!
>
> --
> regards,
>
> piedmont (michael)
>
> the practical bbq'r!; http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

mine seemed to shed less, but what they shed is acttual hairs... less/no
undrcoat... and if they like brushed you are home free... lee with puddles
o' cats today
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> "Omelet" > wrote in message
>> news

>> > Siamese reptiles??? <grins>

>> lol, i grew up with meezers because my dad was ER allergic to all other
>> cats... lol, Lee

> Their fur certainly is different. :-)
> But I've found they tend to be more prone to shedding.
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" > wrote:
> [ . . . ]
> now to the on topic part. all of this talk of rabbits made me wonder if
> any of you have ever smoked it, and i was also wondering if any of you
> have ever grilled it and what you thought of either, the only way i have
> eaten rabbit where i like it is deep fried and with dumplings... and that
> german dish i can't recall the name of atm.

Hasenpfeffer! Rabbit stew. Mmmm! Because rabbit is so lean, it's hard to
not dry it out if roasting. Your deep fried with dumplings sounds good,
Lee.

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ Thank a Veteran! Support Our Troops!
http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Omelet > wrote:
> [ . . . ]
> I've never smoked rabbit. If it's domestic bunny and young and tender,
> it gets southern fried. Wild bunny is tougher so it gets a long braise,
> generally in a tomato based sauce.

Braised in a tomato based sauce, Rabbit Cacciatore!

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ Thank a Veteran! Support Our Troops!
http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" > wrote:
> shudder... i know someone has to love them its not me, anything i put my
> hands better be warm and for the most part furry, Lee
> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> [ . . . ]
> > Reminds me of a very amusing story about me and a rescued ball
> > python... --

Pythons can be pretty aggressive, and may bite without seeming provocation.
Boas, on the other hand, are, for the most part, quite gentle. I've handled
several large ones in Thailand.

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ Thank a Veteran! Support Our Troops!
http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

its stunningly good, all you do is prepare rabbit like you would when deep
frying chicken, sage in the coating along with whatever/however you do it,
fry and set aside on paper towels then make a dumpling or noodle of your
choice... then make milk gravy using some of the grease you fried the rabbit
in... when it has begun to thicken place the chicken and dumplings in and
let finish thickening... there should be just enough gravy to coat the
rabbit and dumplings in a crowded pan, serve with any green of choice, i
prefer turnip or collard,sp greens with bacon and onion. Lee
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>> [ . . . ]
>> now to the on topic part. all of this talk of rabbits made me wonder if
>> any of you have ever smoked it, and i was also wondering if any of you
>> have ever grilled it and what you thought of either, the only way i have
>> eaten rabbit where i like it is deep fried and with dumplings... and that
>> german dish i can't recall the name of atm.

> Hasenpfeffer! Rabbit stew. Mmmm! Because rabbit is so lean, it's hard to
> not dry it out if roasting. Your deep fried with dumplings sounds good,
> Lee.
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ Thank a Veteran! Support Our Troops!
> http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

over linguini and sauteed egg plant would be nice, Lee
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> Omelet > wrote:
>> [ . . . ]
>> I've never smoked rabbit. If it's domestic bunny and young and tender,
>> it gets southern fried. Wild bunny is tougher so it gets a long braise,
>> generally in a tomato based sauce.

> Braised in a tomato based sauce, Rabbit Cacciatore!
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ Thank a Veteran! Support Our Troops!
> http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

no thanks, Lee
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>> shudder... i know someone has to love them its not me, anything i put my
>> hands better be warm and for the most part furry, Lee
>> "Omelet" > wrote in message
>> [ . . . ]
>> > Reminds me of a very amusing story about me and a rescued ball
>> > python... --

> Pythons can be pretty aggressive, and may bite without seeming
> provocation.
> Boas, on the other hand, are, for the most part, quite gentle. I've
> handled
> several large ones in Thailand.
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
> http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ Thank a Veteran! Support Our Troops!
> http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> mine seemed to shed less, but what they shed is acttual hairs... less/no
> undrcoat... and if they like brushed you are home free... lee with puddles
> o' cats today

Yes. But spoil them with frequent brushings and they won't let you brush
your own hair without pushing their heads under the brush!
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Nick Cramer > wrote:

> Omelet > wrote:
> > [ . . . ]
> > I've never smoked rabbit. If it's domestic bunny and young and tender,
> > it gets southern fried. Wild bunny is tougher so it gets a long braise,
> > generally in a tomato based sauce.

> Braised in a tomato based sauce, Rabbit Cacciatore!

Indeed... and it works. :-)
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Nick Cramer > wrote:

> "Stormmee" > wrote:
> > shudder... i know someone has to love them its not me, anything i put my
> > hands better be warm and for the most part furry, Lee
> > "Omelet" > wrote in message
> > [ . . . ]
> > > Reminds me of a very amusing story about me and a rescued ball
> > > python... --

> Pythons can be pretty aggressive, and may bite without seeming provocation.
> Boas, on the other hand, are, for the most part, quite gentle. I've handled
> several large ones in Thailand.

She was hungry. <g> She was a rescue that the animal shelter had removed
as a stray from someone's home she'd wandered in to.

She was so hungry, she shot through her open cage door to strike at the
rat I was fixin' to offer her.

Missed the rat and buried both rows of upper and lower jaw teeth into my
belly which was bare. I was running around the house in a sports top as
it was summer.

Snake teeth are shaped like fish hooks. It took some careful
manipulation and cooperation on her part to pry her teeth from my skin.
<sigh>

She was a good sized snake and weighed about 25 lbs. Left a neat row of
double teeth marks in my skin about 6" long by 2" wide.

It's amusing because 2 nights later, I was hanging around down in the ER
at work as it was a bit slow. The ER doc knew that I was in to animal
rescue so asked me if I knew what a non-poisonous snake bite looked like
as they'd just gotten in a kid that was snake bit.

I lifted up my scrub shirt and said "Yeah, it looks just like this, only
probably smaller".

He laughed and asked how I'd gotten it. A couple of nurses watching
turned a bit green... <eg>

Turns out the kid had been bitten by a Texas Rat Snake. No big deal...

As a general rule, Ball Pythons are pretty mellow. Just not very bright!
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> > Omelet > wrote:
> >> [ . . . ]
> >> I've never smoked rabbit. If it's domestic bunny and young and tender,
> >> it gets southern fried. Wild bunny is tougher so it gets a long braise,
> >> generally in a tomato based sauce.

> > Braised in a tomato based sauce, Rabbit Cacciatore!
> >
> > --
> > Nick,

> over linguini and sauteed egg plant would be nice, Lee

Last time I did this, I served it over wild rice.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

that is one of those unintended consequense, i think meezers are the laziest
of all cats, if you brush them they can concentrate on preening instead of
hygine, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> mine seemed to shed less, but what they shed is acttual hairs... less/no
>> undrcoat... and if they like brushed you are home free... lee with
>> puddles
>> o' cats today

> Yes. But spoil them with frequent brushings and they won't let you brush
> your own hair without pushing their heads under the brush!
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

thud, lee falls over after hurling her cookies and OEJ who is a very bright
cat types the following:

Dear Ms. Om. my human has passed out and threw up...

OEJ
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
>
>> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>> > shudder... i know someone has to love them its not me, anything i put
>> > my
>> > hands better be warm and for the most part furry, Lee
>> > "Omelet" > wrote in message
>> > [ . . . ]

>> Pythons can be pretty aggressive, and may bite without seeming
>> provocation.
>> Boas, on the other hand, are, for the most part, quite gentle. I've
>> handled
>> several large ones in Thailand.

> She was hungry. <g> She was a rescue that the animal shelter had removed
> as a stray from someone's home she'd wandered in to.
>
> She was so hungry, she shot through her open cage door to strike at the
> rat I was fixin' to offer her.
>
> Missed the rat and buried both rows of upper and lower jaw teeth into my
> belly which was bare. I was running around the house in a sports top as
> it was summer.
>
> Snake teeth are shaped like fish hooks. It took some careful
> manipulation and cooperation on her part to pry her teeth from my skin.
> <sigh>
>
> She was a good sized snake and weighed about 25 lbs. Left a neat row of
> double teeth marks in my skin about 6" long by 2" wide.
>
> It's amusing because 2 nights later, I was hanging around down in the ER
> at work as it was a bit slow. The ER doc knew that I was in to animal
> rescue so asked me if I knew what a non-poisonous snake bite looked like
> as they'd just gotten in a kid that was snake bit.
>
> I lifted up my scrub shirt and said "Yeah, it looks just like this, only
> probably smaller".
>
> He laughed and asked how I'd gotten it. A couple of nurses watching
> turned a bit green... <eg>
>
> Turns out the kid had been bitten by a Texas Rat Snake. No big deal...
>
> As a general rule, Ball Pythons are pretty mellow. Just not very bright!
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

I love wild rice, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:

>> > Braised in a tomato based sauce, Rabbit Cacciatore!
>> >
>> > --
>> > Nick,

>> over linguini and sauteed egg plant would be nice, Lee

> Last time I did this, I served it over wild rice.
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" > wrote in
:

> yes they are very lean and that was one of my issues, i was thinking
> that a bacon blanket and cooked, ... what is that where you cut the
> chicken almost in half??? if that works i was thinking that i would
> do that then give it some bacon to keep it moist, thanks for the
> imput, Lee "piedmont" > wrote in message
> .. .
>> "Stormmee" > wrote in
>> :
>>
>> snip

Stormmee
Spactcock chicken is what it's called,

I would still recommend brining for the reason it puts moisture 'back
inside' the meat.

You can still put bacon on but that won't plump internally. Either way you
do it, good luck and post results!!

--
regards,

piedmont (michael)

the practical bbq'r!; http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Omelet > wrote in
news
> In article >,
> Nick Cramer > wrote:
>
>> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>> > shudder... i know someone has to love them its not me, anything i
>> > put my hands better be warm and for the most part furry, Lee
>> > "Omelet" > wrote in message
>> > [ . . . ]

>> Pythons can be pretty aggressive, and may bite without seeming
>> provocation. Boas, on the other hand, are, for the most part, quite
>> gentle. I've handled several large ones in Thailand.

> She was hungry. <g> She was a rescue that the animal shelter had
> removed as a stray from someone's home she'd wandered in to.
>
> She was so hungry, she shot through her open cage door to strike at
> the rat I was fixin' to offer her.
>
> Missed the rat and buried both rows of upper and lower jaw teeth into
> my belly which was bare. I was running around the house in a sports
> top as it was summer.
>
> Snake teeth are shaped like fish hooks. It took some careful
> manipulation and cooperation on her part to pry her teeth from my
> skin. <sigh>
>
> She was a good sized snake and weighed about 25 lbs. Left a neat row
> of double teeth marks in my skin about 6" long by 2" wide.
>
> It's amusing because 2 nights later, I was hanging around down in the
> ER at work as it was a bit slow. The ER doc knew that I was in to
> animal rescue so asked me if I knew what a non-poisonous snake bite
> looked like as they'd just gotten in a kid that was snake bit.
>
> I lifted up my scrub shirt and said "Yeah, it looks just like this,
> only probably smaller".
>
> He laughed and asked how I'd gotten it. A couple of nurses watching
> turned a bit green... <eg>
>
> Turns out the kid had been bitten by a Texas Rat Snake. No big
> deal...
>
> As a general rule, Ball Pythons are pretty mellow. Just not very
> bright!

Om.,

I'm waiting for the 3D IMax Movie after the book tops the NY Times best
seller list, 'The life and Time of Omelet!'

--
regards,

piedmont (michael)

the practical bbq'r!; http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

good point about the plumping, i have a file with things to do when i get my
smoker, this is now #3 on the list, Lee
"piedmont" > wrote in message
.. .
> "Stormmee" > wrote in
> :
>
>> yes they are very lean and that was one of my issues, i was thinking
>> that a bacon blanket and cooked, ... what is that where you cut the
>> chicken almost in half??? if that works i was thinking that i would
>> do that then give it some bacon to keep it moist, thanks for the
>> imput, Lee "piedmont" > wrote in message
>> .. .
>>> "Stormmee" > wrote in
>>> :
>>>
>>> snip

> Stormmee
> Spactcock chicken is what it's called,
>
> I would still recommend brining for the reason it puts moisture 'back
> inside' the meat.
>
> You can still put bacon on but that won't plump internally. Either way you
> do it, good luck and post results!!
>

> --
> regards,
>
> piedmont (michael)
>
> the practical bbq'r!; http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
> > In article >,
> > "Stormmee" > wrote:
> >
> >> mine seemed to shed less, but what they shed is acttual hairs... less/no
> >> undrcoat... and if they like brushed you are home free... lee with
> >> puddles
> >> o' cats today

> > Yes. But spoil them with frequent brushings and they won't let you brush
> > your own hair without pushing their heads under the brush!

> that is one of those unintended consequense, i think meezers are the laziest
> of all cats, if you brush them they can concentrate on preening instead of
> hygine, Lee

<laughs> Lately Ka has been crawling under the blankets under my bed and
sleeping most of the day. I keep my room pretty cold so the rest of the
house stays at 72, and he refuses to leave my bedroom now.

He is going on 17 years old...

He's a Seal Point. <smiles>
--
Peace! Om

A man, a partly frozen chicken, and a knife cshenk General Cooking 8 16-12-2015 12:55 AM
The lunchroom at work -- partly OT Bryan-TGWWW General Cooking 17 11-09-2014 02:17 PM
Partly OT Just another sign of the changing times Cheryl[_5_] General Cooking 12 08-10-2008 05:27 AM
Rabbits Dee Randall General Cooking 28 16-04-2006 11:01 PM
"Brown Betty" teapot in UK? (Partly rant) Martin Pentreath Tea 8 09-10-2004 11:46 PM