Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Apprx cooking time for pork butt

In article >,
bbq > wrote:

> On 7/19/2010 1:39 PM, Brick wrote:
> > On 19-Jul-2010, > wrote:
> >
> >> In monster.com>,

> > . . .
> >

> >> So what is a good internal temp to shoot for for rare roast? (This roast
> >> was about 2" thick and I'm thawing the other one from the two pack to
> >> try it again) and how does one place the probe properly? The probe is
> >> about 4" long. The roast is boneless.

> I would try in dead center 1 inch into the meat. The ends may not be as
> rare as you like though. Not sure how one would go about getting it
> rare from end to end.
>
> I think Medium Rare is considered 125°. Rare I would guess, 110°
> anticipating letting it rest a bit and temp getting to 115° or so.
> Though you can't tell really how much it rises as it rests, since it is
> still cooking and cooling down at the same time...
>

> BBQ

I understand. The 120 was a bit more raw than I wanted (even tho' I
happen to LIKE raw meat and make tartar when the mood strikes!)

I'll try it then at 125 this time. I suspect that even 5 degrees can
make a difference.

Thanks!
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
No Name

"Brick" > writes:

> On 19-Jul-2010, > wrote:
>
> > Denny Wheeler > writes:

> > > Isn't KK the Komodo Kamado?

> > Yes, I am the owner of a very new Komodo Kamado. And I am
> > in love with it, as it were. Now if only I could get rid
> > of my sciatica...
> >

> > --
> > Andrew Hall
> > (Now reading Usenet in alt.food.barbecue...)

> Post it on Craigslist. Maybe some sap will make a low bid on it
> hoping to make a profit. Unload it before he/she gets wise.

Now that is a beautiful fantasy! I hope it is in my dreams
tonight.

--
Andrew Hall
(Now reading Usenet in alt.food.barbecue...)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
> wrote:

> > > Yes, I am the owner of a very new Komodo Kamado. And I am
> > > in love with it, as it were. Now if only I could get rid
> > > of my sciatica...
> > >

> > > --
> > > Andrew Hall
> > > (Now reading Usenet in alt.food.barbecue...)

> > Post it on Craigslist. Maybe some sap will make a low bid on it
> > hoping to make a profit. Unload it before he/she gets wise.

> Now that is a beautiful fantasy! I hope it is in my dreams
> tonight.
>

> --
> Andrew Hall
> (Now reading Usenet in alt.food.barbecue...)

A good Chiropractor might be able to help you sell it. :-)
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 21-Jul-2010, > wrote:

> "Brick" > writes:

> > > Yes, I am the owner of a very new Komodo Kamado. And I am
> > > in love with it, as it were. Now if only I could get rid
> > > of my sciatica...
> > >

> > > --
> > > Andrew Hall
> > > (Now reading Usenet in alt.food.barbecue...)

> > Post it on Craigslist. Maybe some sap will make a low bid on it
> > hoping to make a profit. Unload it before he/she gets wise.

> Now that is a beautiful fantasy! I hope it is in my dreams
> tonight.
>

> --
> Andrew Hall

I couldn't help myself. People have been flogging just about everything
on Craigslist and apparently it works pretty good. So why not sell
your Sciatica. Obviously you have no further use for it.

--
Brick said, "Pickings have been slim lately".

time for pork butt? Paul Barbecue 9 13-06-2005 12:40 AM
Smoking pork butt 1st time Dave Bugg Barbecue 13 16-05-2004 10:08 PM