Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default HELP: beef brisket flat for tomorrow

I've had pretty good results bbq'g whole briskets (+/-). This year,
there's no "crowd" (empty nest syndrome setting in).

I've got a brisket flat from Costco, ~ 3-1/2 lb that I'll bbq on my
WSM tomorrow. Any suggestions or guidance?

Thanks a heap,
-Zz
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 7/3/2010 6:37 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 16:14:27 -0700, Zz Yzx wrote:
>
>> I've had pretty good results bbq'g whole briskets (+/-). This year,
>> there's no "crowd" (empty nest syndrome setting in).
>>
>> I've got a brisket flat from Costco, ~ 3-1/2 lb that I'll bbq on my
>> WSM tomorrow. Any suggestions or guidance?

> CostCo would even bother selling 3.5lbs of trimmed brisket? How
> much was it?
>
> Hopefully it still has it's at cap, If it's red on all sides (no
> fat), then don't even attempt to Q it. Go get some chicken or
> something.
>
> -sw

Have not bought one of those trimmed flats. I am guessing it is
trimmed. Personal opinion, they trim them, they ruin them.

Have heard that they can be barbecued, but need fatty bacon on top as it
cooks.

They are a nice looking piece of meat for pictorial purposes. But
without some fat, it's not gonna que worth a damn.

Or what Steve said!!! Go get some chicken.

BBQ
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 7/3/2010 8:22 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Sat, 03 Jul 2010 20:12:30 -0500, bbq wrote:
>
>> Have heard that they can be barbecued, but need fatty bacon on top as it
>> cooks.

> That still doesn't work very well. They;'re for braising, or
> wrapping in foil, IMO.
>
> -sw

It's not an experiment I would try, unless paid to do so!!!

Maybe he can wrap in foil, with lots of bacon on it. Then finish trying
to que it unwrapped.

If it don't work, feed it to the dogs !!!! Then got get some chicken for
grilling and at least have something to eat..

Sure hope he doesn't spend 10-12 hours before determining if it is a
success or not !!

BBQ