Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Adios folks

I've half-heartedly said it before, but this time it's a done deal - I'm
bidding ac-f adieu. I've tried to help but it seems that I've just
****ed a lot of people off over the years, been KF'd etc.. Believe me,
it was totally unintended. (well... for the most part. ;-) ) Could I
have morphed into another id as so many others to? You betcha. Not going
to happen. I'm me, period. I'm a brutally honest person and that seems
to be unpopular. Oh well. That's me and I ain't changing so I'm going to
"give up".

Reply if you choose, but I'm removing this group from my usenet server
so it's not gonna get to me - seriously - I'm done here. I've tried to
help when I could but it seems as though I've failed. Such is life.
Shit happens, suck it up and move on...

To those of you whom I've "known" for years (and hopefully you know who
you are as there are some people here who I'll remember forever), I do mean:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMvqPffzDMQ

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Adios folks (waahhhhh!!)

Steve Calvin wrote:

What is it about bbq that creates this kind of strange
human behavior? It's so odd. There's seems to be something
about this group in particular that turns grown men into 12
year old girls.

"I'm gonna hit the unsubscribe button, I swear!"

ObBBQ: Wifey brought home a 2.25 lb chunk of Chateaubriand
tonight. Wellllll thank you Darling.

--
Mort
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Steve Calvin > wrote:

> I've half-heartedly said it before, but this time it's a done deal - I'm
> bidding ac-f adieu. I've tried to help but it seems that I've just
> ****ed a lot of people off over the years, been KF'd etc.. Believe me,
> it was totally unintended. (well... for the most part. ;-) ) Could I
> have morphed into another id as so many others to? You betcha. Not going
> to happen. I'm me, period. I'm a brutally honest person and that seems
> to be unpopular. Oh well. That's me and I ain't changing so I'm going to
> "give up".
>
> Reply if you choose, but I'm removing this group from my usenet server
> so it's not gonna get to me - seriously - I'm done here. I've tried to
> help when I could but it seems as though I've failed. Such is life.
> Shit happens, suck it up and move on...
>
> To those of you whom I've "known" for years (and hopefully you know who
> you are as there are some people here who I'll remember forever), I do mean:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMvqPffzDMQ

Not to worry. They got me to KF now ;O)
--
- Billy
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Mort > wrote:

> Steve Calvin wrote:
>
> What is it about bbq that creates this kind of strange
> human behavior? It's so odd. There's seems to be something
> about this group in particular that turns grown men into 12
> year old girls.
>
> "I'm gonna hit the unsubscribe button, I swear!"
>
> ObBBQ: Wifey brought home a 2.25 lb chunk of Chateaubriand
> tonight. Wellllll thank you Darling.

An wha'chew gonna do with it? Hmmmm? I've eaten a lot of smoked chicken,
and pork . . . You are gonna smoke it ain't you? Wha'dya do for fixins?
--
- Billy
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Billy wrote:

> In >,
> > wrote:
>
>> Steve Calvin wrote:
>>
>> What is it about bbq that creates this kind of strange
>> human behavior? It's so odd. There's seems to be something
>> about this group in particular that turns grown men into 12
>> year old girls.
>>
>> "I'm gonna hit the unsubscribe button, I swear!"
>>
>> ObBBQ: Wifey brought home a 2.25 lb chunk of Chateaubriand
>> tonight. Wellllll thank you Darling.

> An wha'chew gonna do with it? Hmmmm? I've eaten a lot of smoked chicken,
> and pork . . . You are gonna smoke it ain't you? Wha'dya do for fixins?

No smoke, no fixins. Nothing but S&P. Pure Beef Flavor.

I started it on the stovetop in a heavy cast iron pan. Seared one
side, then the other, then into a 500 F oven until 125 F in the center,
Perfection.

Thanks for asking. I just got to relive the experience again.

--
Mort

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article
Billy > wrote:

> In article >,
> Steve Calvin > wrote:
>
> > I've half-heartedly said it before, but this time it's a done deal - I'm
> > bidding ac-f adieu. I've tried to help but it seems that I've just
> > ****ed a lot of people off over the years, been KF'd etc.. Believe me,
> > it was totally unintended. (well... for the most part. ;-) ) Could I
> > have morphed into another id as so many others to? You betcha. Not going
> > to happen. I'm me, period. I'm a brutally honest person and that seems
> > to be unpopular. Oh well. That's me and I ain't changing so I'm going to
> > "give up".
> >
> > Reply if you choose, but I'm removing this group from my usenet server
> > so it's not gonna get to me - seriously - I'm done here. I've tried to
> > help when I could but it seems as though I've failed. Such is life.
> > Shit happens, suck it up and move on...
> >
> > To those of you whom I've "known" for years (and hopefully you know who
> > you are as there are some people here who I'll remember forever), I do mean:
> >
> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMvqPffzDMQ

> Not to worry. They got me to KF now ;O)

Some people take that personally. <g>
I've grown my rhino skin...
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Mort > wrote:

> Billy wrote:
>
> > In >,
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> Steve Calvin wrote:
> >>
> >> What is it about bbq that creates this kind of strange
> >> human behavior? It's so odd. There's seems to be something
> >> about this group in particular that turns grown men into 12
> >> year old girls.
> >>
> >> "I'm gonna hit the unsubscribe button, I swear!"
> >>
> >> ObBBQ: Wifey brought home a 2.25 lb chunk of Chateaubriand
> >> tonight. Wellllll thank you Darling.

> > An wha'chew gonna do with it? Hmmmm? I've eaten a lot of smoked chicken,
> > and pork . . . You are gonna smoke it ain't you? Wha'dya do for fixins?

> No smoke, no fixins. Nothing but S&P. Pure Beef Flavor.
>
> I started it on the stovetop in a heavy cast iron pan. Seared one
> side, then the other, then into a 500 F oven until 125 F in the center,
> Perfection.
>
> Thanks for asking. I just got to relive the experience again.

Yum. <g>
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jun 16, 7:10*pm, Steve Calvin > wrote:

> I've half-heartedly said it before, but this time it's a done deal - I'm
> bidding ac-f adieu.

alt.chicken-fat is kinda dead anyway. Not many people truly
appreciate it.

> I've tried to help but it seems that I've just
> ****ed a lot of people off over the years, been KF'd etc.. Believe me,
> it was totally unintended. (well... for the most part. *;-) *) Could I
> have morphed into another id as so many others to? You betcha. Not going
> to happen. I'm me, period. I'm a brutally honest person and that seems
> to be unpopular. Oh well. That's me and I ain't changing so I'm going to
> "give up".
>
> Reply if you choose, but I'm removing this group from my usenet server
> so it's not gonna get to me - seriously - I'm done here. I've tried to
> help when I could but it seems as though I've failed. Such is life.
> Shit happens, suck it up and move on...

The only way to lose us is to remove your Usenet server completely.

Shit, Steve. I don't know what set this off. You and I went at it a
couple times and we both survived. I do kinda feel bad about that,
because you're a not that bad.

But now you're being a pussy. But my word doesn't mean much (PUSSY!)
You're even making me feel like a sissy posting from Google, and I
really, really _don't_ like that.

ObBBQ: Sweetbreads have a lot of osmosis happening. Go easy on the
salt in the brine. I just wish they'd par-boil them before they're
used as breast implants - too mushy otherwise.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 01:27:14 -0500, Mort > wrote:

> An wha'chew gonna do with it? Hmmmm? I've eaten a lot of smoked chicken,
> and pork . . . You are gonna smoke it ain't you? Wha'dya do for fixins?
> No smoke, no fixins. Nothing but S&P. Pure Beef Flavor.
> I started it on the stovetop in a heavy cast iron pan. Seared one
> side, then the other, then into a 500 F oven until 125 F in the center,
> Perfection.
> Thanks for asking. I just got to relive the experience again.

Gawd that sounds good! Back to the basic steak. Sometimes I think I
complicate matters too much. I want a steak, but first breakfast I guess..

--
//ceed
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jun 16, 7:33*pm, Mort > wrote:

> ObBBQ: Wifey brought home a 2.25 lb chunk of Chateaubriand
> tonight. Wellllll thank you Darling.

I think that's the first time you mentioned your meat-bearing wife.
It must suck to be you.

-sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

honestly I post for ME, i read for entertainment and to gain knowledge, i
ask questions and usually get responses, if someone needs to kf me for
whatever reason, it simply means they won't answer me, and therefore they
won't bother me, i don't take it personal and i don't automatically kf them
either, i do make an effort to not respond to those who i know have kf'ed me
because i don't want to waste my time waiting for an answer but i don't get
upset if i do answer to someone who has kf'ed me, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article
> >,
> Billy > wrote:
>
>> In article >,
>> Steve Calvin > wrote:
>>
>> > I've half-heartedly said it before, but this time it's a done deal -
>> > I'm
>> > bidding ac-f adieu. I've tried to help but it seems that I've just
>> > ****ed a lot of people off over the years, been KF'd etc.. Believe me,
>> > it was totally unintended. (well... for the most part. ;-) ) Could I
>> > have morphed into another id as so many others to? You betcha. Not
>> > going
>> > to happen. I'm me, period. I'm a brutally honest person and that seems
>> > to be unpopular. Oh well. That's me and I ain't changing so I'm going
>> > "give up".
>> >
>> > Reply if you choose, but I'm removing this group from my usenet server
>> > so it's not gonna get to me - seriously - I'm done here. I've tried to
>> > help when I could but it seems as though I've failed. Such is life.
>> > Shit happens, suck it up and move on...
>> >
>> > To those of you whom I've "known" for years (and hopefully you know who
>> > you are as there are some people here who I'll remember forever), I do
>> > mean:
>> >
>> > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMvqPffzDMQ

>> Not to worry. They got me to KF now ;O)

> Some people take that personally. <g>
> I've grown my rhino skin...
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jun 16, 11:12*pm, Billy > wrote:

> Not to worry. They got me to KF now ;O)

Why am I reminded of The Cable Guy (Jim Carey) re-enacting the
Midnight Express visitation scene?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJR8ZNAnRoM

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jun 16, 11:27*pm, Mort > wrote:

> I started it on the stovetop in a heavy cast iron pan. Seared one
> side, then the other, then into a 500 F oven until 125 F in the center,
> Perfection.

But.... was it like Ruths' Chris? <snork>

I remember we had a chateaubriand from PW on Almaden, It was the best
single piece of meat I ever had. And it was only one of two times I
ever used a gas grill (that I remember). I never did identify that
piece of meat - it was not tenderloin. But it didn't matter.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Mort > wrote:

> Billy wrote:
>
> > In >,
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> Steve Calvin wrote:
> >>
> >> What is it about bbq that creates this kind of strange
> >> human behavior? It's so odd. There's seems to be something
> >> about this group in particular that turns grown men into 12
> >> year old girls.
> >>
> >> "I'm gonna hit the unsubscribe button, I swear!"
> >>
> >> ObBBQ: Wifey brought home a 2.25 lb chunk of Chateaubriand
> >> tonight. Wellllll thank you Darling.

> > An wha'chew gonna do with it? Hmmmm? I've eaten a lot of smoked chicken,
> > and pork . . . You are gonna smoke it ain't you? Wha'dya do for fixins?

> No smoke, no fixins. Nothing but S&P. Pure Beef Flavor.
>
> I started it on the stovetop in a heavy cast iron pan. Seared one
> side, then the other, then into a 500 F oven until 125 F in the center,
> Perfection.
>
> Thanks for asking. I just got to relive the experience again.

Show off;O)

Not even taters? What did you wash that dry ol' steak (roast) down with?
--
- Billy
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article
Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Jun 16, 11:12*pm, Billy > wrote:
>
> > Not to worry. They got me to KF now ;O)

> Why am I reminded of The Cable Guy (Jim Carey) re-enacting the
> Midnight Express visitation scene?
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJR8ZNAnRoM
>
> -sw

Wrong Billy, and the movie got crummy reviews. You watched it?
--
- Billy

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Omelet > wrote:

> In article
> >,
> Billy > wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > Steve Calvin > wrote:
> >
> > > I've half-heartedly said it before, but this time it's a done deal - I'm
> > > bidding ac-f adieu. I've tried to help but it seems that I've just
> > > ****ed a lot of people off over the years, been KF'd etc.. Believe me,
> > > it was totally unintended. (well... for the most part. ;-) ) Could I
> > > have morphed into another id as so many others to? You betcha. Not going
> > > to happen. I'm me, period. I'm a brutally honest person and that seems
> > > to be unpopular. Oh well. That's me and I ain't changing so I'm going to
> > > "give up".
> > >
> > > Reply if you choose, but I'm removing this group from my usenet server
> > > so it's not gonna get to me - seriously - I'm done here. I've tried to
> > > help when I could but it seems as though I've failed. Such is life.
> > > Shit happens, suck it up and move on...
> > >
> > > To those of you whom I've "known" for years (and hopefully you know who
> > > you are as there are some people here who I'll remember forever), I do
> > > mean:
> > >
> > > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMvqPffzDMQ

> > Not to worry. They got me to KF now ;O)

> Some people take that personally. <g>
> I've grown my rhino skin...

That's a shame. I really preferred you without it ;O)
--
- Billy
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> I've half-heartedly said it before, but this time it's a done deal - I'm

Deja-Vu, all over again. How many times is this?

> bidding ac-f adieu. I've tried to help but it seems that I've just

ac-f? alt.cooking-FOAD?????

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article
Billy > wrote:

> > > Not to worry. They got me to KF now ;O)

> > Some people take that personally. <g>
> > I've grown my rhino skin...

> That's a shame. I really preferred you without it ;O)

I prefer not to be vulnerable... ;-)
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Thu, 17 Jun 2010 11:52:28 -0700, Billy wrote:
>
> > In article
> > >,
> > Sqwertz > wrote:

> >> Why am I reminded of The Cable Guy (Jim Carey) re-enacting the
> >> Midnight Express visitation scene?
> >>
> >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJR8ZNAnRoM
> >>
> >> -sw

> > Wrong Billy, and the movie got crummy reviews. You watched it?

> The Cable Guy and Midnight Express are classics! Other ends of
> the spectrum, but still classics.
>
> Just got done watching "Hot Tub Time Machine". Awesome movie. I
> don't usually laugh out loud but Rob Corddry is hilarious.
>
> ObFood: Whatever happened to that Steve Calvin guy?
>
> -sw

Uh-huh.

Well, "Hot Tub" worked for me too, although I had my doubts about it
originally.

I'm not really a movie buff, I just know what I like. Last night, we
watched the Mystic Pizza (1988). It was amazing how many of the actors
were just beginning their careers.
Julia Roberts
Lili Taylor - I recognized from "Six Feet Under"
Conchata Ferrell - The house keeper from "Two and a Half Men"
Vincent D'Onofrio - That annoying guy from C.S.I.
Matt Damon - as a kid
<http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0095690/)>
--
- Billy
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> I've half-heartedly said it before, but this time it's a done deal - I'm
> bidding ac-f adieu. I've tried to help but it seems that I've just ****ed
> a lot of people off over the years, been KF'd etc.. Believe me, it was
> totally unintended. (well... for the most part. ;-) ) Could I have
> morphed into another id as so many others to? You betcha. Not going to
> happen. I'm me, period. I'm a brutally honest person and that seems to be
> unpopular. Oh well. That's me and I ain't changing so I'm going to "give
> up".
>
> Reply if you choose, but I'm removing this group from my usenet server so
> it's not gonna get to me - seriously - I'm done here. I've tried to help
> when I could but it seems as though I've failed. Such is life.
> Shit happens, suck it up and move on...
>
> To those of you whom I've "known" for years (and hopefully you know who
> you are as there are some people here who I'll remember forever), I do
> mean:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bMvqPffzDMQ
>
> --
> Steve

every one that cries foul and announces his\her departure is a pussy pure
and simple.
$10.00 usd says some one will catch the pussy nyming with in a week.