Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

Default Mass market bbq sauce.

On 6/13/2010 4:56 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:

>> I am confused at what point can you modify someone else's recipe and be
>> able to say it is yours'. You think Alton Browns recipes are original?
>>
>> I don't think so. All are modified from some other recipe he has tested.
>>
>> I got this saved as "Nicks Salsa" and will make it the when I make a
>> blend my 2010 Chipotle Pepper Blend.

> I never said it was mine. I said, "For a salsa, try this:"
>
> In a later post, I said, "Actually, I don't remember where I got the
> recipe."
>
> Thanks for memorializing that now it IS mine!

I realize you didn't call it yours. Thanks for the original recipe.

BBQ
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Gz Gz is offline

On Jun 11, 12:38*am, " >
wrote:
> I buy the stuff on sale and use it as a base. *Lately, I have been
> buying Sweet Baby Ray's because they have the large sizes at Big Lots
> pretty cheap.
>
> I don't use sauce on anything but pulled pork. *Not on brisket
> (NEVER!), chicken, or even pork chops. *Just one quick pass on ribs,
> and a super thinned version on pulled pork.
>
> I cut the sauce from the bottle at least 50/50 with apple cider
> vinegar, then add onion flakes, black pepper, a little salt, and some
> red pepper flakes, all to taste. *Simmer for about 10 minutes and it's
> ready.
>
> If we don't have company that might want to use it, a bottle of
> barbecue sauce can last me for months. *Still, it is a cheap and
> convenient base for better things.
>
> Robert

Pulled pork is a little difficult for me. If you can keep it juicy no
sauce would be OK.
On the note good barbecue needs no sauce, that's where the Monongahela
river sauce
shines. It does not cover up good or bad meat. Its just adds enough to
make it zip.
I have yet to hear anybody who tried it on the group. Hello? Just went
all through that, check the thread"another BBQ sauce"
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Gz Gz is offline

On Jun 11, 9:14*am, piedmont > wrote:
> ceed > wrote innewsp.vd320ra1325jvr@christian-laptop:
>
> > Hi,

> > I've been making my own barbecue sauce the last couple of years. I've
> > been *quite busy lately so I have had to purchase some. I got the
> > standard Kraft *and it was not very good. What's the best mass market
> > store bought *barbecue sauce these days? I like sweet, dark and not
> > too tomato flavored.

> ceed,
>
> * * * * Can you find 'Open Pit'? One of the last sauces that isn't smoke
> flavored. its been on the market for 30 years.
> * * * * The so called original Kraft isn't. Its now smoke flavored and it
> wasn't originally.

I bought Open Pit "hickory" is that NOT smoke ?? and how about
Charbroil ?
There are 9 different Open Pit flavors.

By the way, I tried 10 different sauces at the store, I can just
tolerate the sweetness of Open Pit. Others too sweet. There is also at
our markets, the Monongahela river style sauce marketed under the
Blaine Hill brand. They have a couple BBQ's around the Mon Valley, but
the sauce is a little different from my favored style. No sweetness
whatsoever
http://www.blainehill.com/.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Gz Gz is offline

On Jun 12, 10:45*am, bbq > wrote:
> On 6/12/2010 8:39 AM, Omelet wrote:
>

> > I still have yet to attempt smoking pork ribs. *I've never even
> > purchased them. *I _have_ done some of those huge beef ribs twice tho'.
> > I braised them first fat side up with a seasoning in my 18 qt. roaster,
> > then finished them off out in the offset to make them taste right. *Made
> > a huge difference too.<g>

> > That method worked well. *I got moist, tender, smoky ribs with most of
> > the fat cooked off.

> Nice idea to pre-cook. I don't do beef ribs often. *It's not on sale
> that often.
>
> Try spares sometime. *Around here they are often $1.99 lb. Sometimes
> $1.49 lb. *Trim em up St Louis style, rub and cook on the *offset, 3-5
> hours is my experience.
>
> >> For a Mass Market sauce, Famous Dave's has a few that I use
> >> occasionally. The Rich& *Sassy flavor is the most common. I added just a
> >> touch, maybe 1 tbs, to a can of baked beans. *Sister commented that they
> >> were pretty spicy. *Told her what I added and she thought she got the
> >> Sassy part ! I think it is pretty mild.

> > Interesting idea! *Most of the time, when I want commercial BBQ sauce, I
> > just purchase Kraft regular/original. I really do like it when I'm in
> > the mood for it which is not often. *I've nuked chicken in a covered
> > corningware in the microwave with it. *It has to be cooked tho' to make
> > it taste right to me.

> I don't make beans from dry beans often, but I do like to add my own
> touch to the canned beans sometimes.
>
> Sauces I don't make often either. *Even though I have umpteen recipes
> for it ;-) I did make an Orange Barbecue Sauce last summer that I liked
> on some pork chops. Good for chicken to. Chef Juke's Raspberry-Chipotle
> Barbecue Sauce is one I have wanted to try for a long time. Just never
> got around to it ;-(
>

> >> The Texas Pit flavor has quite a kick, but no new words are invented ;-)

> >> I know Famous Dave's as a restaurant is national. I don't know if there
> >> sauces are available nationally though.

> > Not sure.

> You could always go into a Famous Dave's and ask for say 20 packets and
> get your own sampler bottle ;-) The Rich & Sassy is flavorful, but
> pretty mild IMO.
>
> BBQ

I don't know what it is, but me or my brother try barbecue, and we
just want to be able to go to the sink and rinse off that sticky crap
and make it taste 200% better. There was a Damon's I tried and was
typically bad, and now gone. Now they have Quaker State & Lube which
has different wing sauce. I didn't care for any of them.
I'm generally not a fan of sauce on chicken wings. I like em dry
seasoned,
but nevertheless delicious dipped in my sauce.

I have never smoked meat, but things are going to change soon. I tried
liquid smoke recently off my gas grill, but it didn't do a whole lot
putting it on the cooking country ribs.

I have to price it now, but last year at a country butcher shop, pork
shoulder was $5.10 a pound. Its almost twice that at the local Giant
Eagle. Highway robbery !!
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Gz Gz is offline

On Jun 14, 12:28*pm, Gz > wrote:
> On Jun 12, 10:45*am, bbq > wrote:
>

> > On 6/12/2010 8:39 AM, Omelet wrote:

> > > I still have yet to attempt smoking pork ribs. *I've never even
> > > purchased them. *I _have_ done some of those huge beef ribs twice tho'.
> > > I braised them first fat side up with a seasoning in my 18 qt. roaster,
> > > then finished them off out in the offset to make them taste right. *Made
> > > a huge difference too.<g>

> > > That method worked well. *I got moist, tender, smoky ribs with most of
> > > the fat cooked off.

> > Nice idea to pre-cook. I don't do beef ribs often. *It's not on sale
> > that often.

> > Try spares sometime. *Around here they are often $1.99 lb. Sometimes
> > $1.49 lb. *Trim em up St Louis style, rub and cook on the *offset, 3-5
> > hours is my experience.

> > > Interesting idea! *Most of the time, when I want commercial BBQ sauce, I
> > > just purchase Kraft regular/original. I really do like it when I'm in
> > > the mood for it which is not often. *I've nuked chicken in a covered
> > > corningware in the microwave with it. *It has to be cooked tho' to make
> > > it taste right to me.

> > I don't make beans from dry beans often, but I do like to add my own
> > touch to the canned beans sometimes.

> > Sauces I don't make often either. *Even though I have umpteen recipes
> > for it ;-) I did make an Orange Barbecue Sauce last summer that I liked
> > on some pork chops. Good for chicken to. Chef Juke's Raspberry-Chipotle
> > Barbecue Sauce is one I have wanted to try for a long time. Just never
> > got around to it ;-(

> > > Not sure.

> > You could always go into a Famous Dave's and ask for say 20 packets and
> > get your own sampler bottle ;-) The Rich & Sassy is flavorful, but
> > pretty mild IMO.

> > BBQ

> I don't know what it is, but me or my brother try barbecue, and we
> just want to be able to go to the sink and rinse off that sticky crap
> and make it taste 200% better. There was a Damon's I tried and was
> typically bad, and now gone. Now they have Quaker State & Lube which
> has different wing sauce. I didn't care for any of them.
> I'm generally not a fan of sauce on chicken wings. I like em dry
> seasoned,
> but nevertheless delicious dipped in my sauce.
>
> I have never smoked meat, but things are going to change soon. I tried
> liquid smoke recently off my gas grill, but it didn't do a whole lot
> putting it on the cooking country ribs.
>
> I have to price it now, but last year at a country butcher shop, pork
> shoulder was $5.10 a pound. Its almost twice that at the local Giant
> Eagle. Highway robbery !!

I meant I got 10 pounds of meat for close to $10. I was laughing
carrying those chunks out the store. No body believed me I got them so
cheap. There is also a grocery close to the same area that served fast
food. You could feed a family of 4 and be full for $5.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 11:28:10 -0500, Gz > wrote:

>> pretty mild IMO.
>>
>> BBQ

> I don't know what it is, but me or my brother try barbecue, and we
> just want to be able to go to the sink and rinse off that sticky crap
> and make it taste 200% better. There was a Damon's I tried and was
> typically bad, and now gone. Now they have Quaker State & Lube which
> has different wing sauce. I didn't care for any of them.
> I'm generally not a fan of sauce on chicken wings. I like em dry
> seasoned,
> but nevertheless delicious dipped in my sauce.

I had friends over for wings and fried catfish nuggets this weekend. I
have been doing them the same simple way since "forever". it includes a
sauce and it never fails to impress, this time even a couple of guys
visiting from Buffalo, NY

--
//ceed
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jun 14, 8:35*am, Gz > wrote:

> Pulled pork is a little difficult for me. If you can keep it juicy no
> sauce would be OK.

How the hell does one dry out a butt or shoulder?
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

tutall wrote:
> On Jun 14, 8:35 am, Gz > wrote:
>

>> Pulled pork is a little difficult for me. If you can keep it juicy no
>> sauce would be OK.

> How the hell does one dry out a butt or shoulder?

Very small butt, too high a temp, for too long a period of time. Butts that
have had the bone removed, if they aren't tied up properly, can have the
same thing happen.

--
"For it's 'guns this' and 'guns that', and 'chuck 'em out, the brutes',
But they're the 'Savior of our loved ones' when the thugs begin to

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

tutall wrote:
> On Jun 14, 8:35 am, Gz > wrote:
>

>> Pulled pork is a little difficult for me. If you can keep it juicy no
>> sauce would be OK.

> How the hell does one dry out a butt or shoulder?

Another explanation might be that the guy really doesn't do bbq; what he is
calling 'barbecue' is really grilling. I used to have quite a large number
of customers come into my bbq joint wondering how I kept my ribs and pork so
moist while barbecuing, and then I would find out they were thinking I was
using gas grills (instead of my big ol' pit) and had no idea what bbq really
was. Post the FAQ.

--
"For it's 'guns this' and 'guns that', and 'chuck 'em out, the brutes',
But they're the 'Savior of our loved ones' when the thugs begin to
loot." - Rudyard Kipling

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 14-Jun-2010, bbq > wrote:

> On 6/14/2010 1:24 PM, tutall wrote:
> > On Jun 14, 8:35 am, > wrote:
> >

> >> Pulled pork is a little difficult for me. If you can keep it juicy no
> >> sauce would be OK.

> > How the hell does one dry out a butt or shoulder?

> That's what I was thinking. Butts are about the easiest thing to que.
>
> You want it sliced cook till 185°. You want to pull it, cook till 195°,
> even higher works to. I don't know at what point it would begin to dry
> out, but am thinking 210° or so.
>
> BBQ

I've had some good ones that got to 205°F. You don't need to ask how
that happens. You most likely already know. It sure wasn't because I
though it was a good idea.

--
Brick (You snooze, you lose)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 6/14/2010 1:24 PM, tutall wrote:
> On Jun 14, 8:35 am, > wrote:
>

>> Pulled pork is a little difficult for me. If you can keep it juicy no
>> sauce would be OK.

> How the hell does one dry out a butt or shoulder?

That's what I was thinking. Butts are about the easiest thing to que.

You want it sliced cook till 185°. You want to pull it, cook till 195°,
even higher works to. I don't know at what point it would begin to dry
out, but am thinking 210° or so.

BBQ
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 6/14/2010 2:52 PM, Dave Bugg wrote:
> tutall wrote:
>> On Jun 14, 8:35 am, > wrote:
>>

>>> Pulled pork is a little difficult for me. If you can keep it juicy no
>>> sauce would be OK.

>> How the hell does one dry out a butt or shoulder?

> Very small butt, too high a temp, for too long a period of time. Butts that
> have had the bone removed, if they aren't tied up properly, can have the
> same thing happen.

That would be true. I assumed he knows that a good queing temperature
is between 240° and 300°. Maybe my assumption was wrong ;-)

BBQ
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 6/14/2010 6:27 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 08:35:28 -0700 (PDT), Gz wrote:
>
>> Pulled pork is a little difficult for me. If you can keep it juicy no
>> sauce would be OK.
>> On the note good barbecue needs no sauce, that's where the Monongahela
>> river sauce
>> shines. It does not cover up good or bad meat. Its just adds enough to
>> make it zip.
>> I have yet to hear anybody who tried it on the group. Hello? Just went
>> all through that, check the thread"another BBQ sauce"

> Hey, nobody mentioned having tried the BBQ sauce I plugged either,
> and it's available where at least 5 folks here shop regularly. So
> if anybody gets to cry, it's me<boohoo>.
>
> I don't thiknk you have many folks here from the Monongahela
> Valley.
>
> I posted a ham BBQ, though. Will you settle for that? It doesn't
> have your favorite save on it, though.
>
> -sw (Ex-Pittsburgher)

As an Ex-Pittsburgher, how do you make a Philly Cheese Steak?

BBQ
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 6/14/2010 7:36 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 18:33:59 -0500, bbq wrote:
>
>> As an Ex-Pittsburgher, how do you make a Philly Cheese Steak?

> Cheese steaks are for peasants. Never saw a single one in
> Pittsburgh. We have Primanti borthers:
>
> <http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=primanti
> brothers&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi>
>
> -sw

This link worked better then the next one. Never heard of
Primanti brothers sandwiches.

I think of peasants as poorer people. The one authentic Philly Cheese
Steak I had was $15 with potato salad (maybe cole slaw) and a soft
drink. It was a large sandwich. But I ate it all!!!

Mine is not Philly Cheese Steak really. More of a Philly Cheese Beef. I
don't use prime rib. I use Chuck Roast. Sometimes barbecued, sometimes
roasted in the oven. Sliced as thin as I can by hand (which isn't as
thin as I'd like). Saute some bells and onions and add all that to a
toasted roll. Add, preferably Mozzarella, but any cheese I have
available and heat again to slightly melt the cheese.

I like them and agree they are not really a Philly Cheese. But I will
still call it one. Subway makes what they call a Philly Cheese. And
they sure don't use Prime Rib!!! I think Sirloin though.

Will have to go to Primanti Brothers the next time (first) I am in
Pittsburgh. They look very good to..

BBQ

BBQ

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 6/14/2010 10:33 PM, Sqwertz wrote:

> Neither of these used to be a problem, but whatever.

The one constant is change !!!

> This is how I would have wrote it by hand:
>
> <http://www.google.com/images?q=primanti%20brothers>

This link pointed me to the same place as the first link. Pics of very
nice looking sandwiches !

> Short and sweet. But google strips out the [space] encoding making
> in invalid so it doesn't work after you cut and paste it.

Do not know the difference between MIME and UUENCODE. I just use what TB
uses.

BBQ
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Gz Gz is offline

On Jun 14, 9:39*pm, bbq > wrote:
> On 6/14/2010 7:36 PM, Sqwertz wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 14 Jun 2010 18:33:59 -0500, bbq wrote:

> >> As an Ex-Pittsburgher, how do you make a Philly Cheese Steak?

> > Cheese steaks are for peasants. *Never saw a single one in
> > Pittsburgh. *We have Primanti borthers:

> > <http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&q=primanti
> > brothers&um=1&ie=UTF-8&source=og&sa=N&tab=wi>

> > -sw

> This link worked better then the next one. Never heard of
> Primanti brothers sandwiches.
>
> I think of peasants as poorer people. The one authentic Philly Cheese
> Steak I had was $15 with potato salad (maybe cole slaw) and a soft
> drink. *It was a large sandwich. But I ate it all!!!
>
> Mine is not Philly Cheese Steak really. More of a Philly Cheese Beef. I
> don't use prime rib. I use Chuck Roast. Sometimes barbecued, sometimes
> roasted in the oven. Sliced as thin as I can by hand (which isn't as
> thin as I'd like). Saute some bells and onions and add all that to a
> toasted roll. *Add, preferably Mozzarella, but any cheese I have
> available and heat again to slightly melt the cheese.
>
> I like them and agree they are not really a Philly Cheese. But I will
> still call it one. *Subway makes what they call a Philly Cheese. *And
> they sure don't use Prime Rib!!! I think Sirloin though.
>
> Will have to go to Primanti Brothers the next time (first) I am in
> Pittsburgh. *They look very good to..
>
> BBQ
>
> BBQ

If they used a larger sized bread, I would like them more.
3 Florida locations. I go buy the office every day. They got some nice
cars.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

will do, I like sauces like this for cold sands.. and to go on salad type
things, again thanks for sharing, Lee
"ceed" > wrote in message
newsp.vd6l8yif325jvr@christian-laptop...
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 16:47:27 -0500, Stormmee >
> wrote:
>
>> sounds worth a try, thanks for sharing, Lee

> If you do try it and make improvements, please share!
>
>> "ceed" > wrote in message
>> newsp.vd42nzop325jvr@christian-laptop...

>>> Barbecue Sauce
>>>
>>> 3 bottles Heinz chili sauce
>>> 1/2 cup Heinz 57 sauce
>>> 1 teaspoon ground pepper
>>> 1 teaspoon ground ginger
>>> 1 teaspoon dry mustard
>>> 1 teaspoon garlic powder
>>> 1 teaspoon chili powder
>>> 1 teaspoon salt
>>> 1/4 cup liquid smoke (Pecan or Oak)
>>> 1 1/2 cup good quality apple cider vinegar (reduce a little if you want
>>> it
>>> less tangy)
>>> 3 tablespoons brown sugar
>>> 2 tablespoon molasses
>>> 2 tablespoons honey
>>> 1 1/2 cup brewed strong black coffee (french roast, but not espresso
>>> which
>>> is too strong for this)
>>> 1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
>>>
>>> Mix all ingredients. Simmer for (at least!) 20 minutes.
>>>
>>> This is not a purist sauce and some will frown upon the liquid smoke, so
>>> I'm not expecting everyone to like this, but my family and guests sure
>>> do!

>>> --
>>> //ceed

> --
> //ceed

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

put it on the list of places we need to go... i am getting way too
forgetful, Lee
"Granby" > wrote in message
> Just got an order, will check key it out next time I come that way.
> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> we have it locally here, not all the selections on line but most of the
>> sauces and some of the rubs... want me to get you some? Lee
>> "Granby" > wrote in message
>>>I buy stubbs online.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jun 11, 7:09*am, ceed > wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 08:14:03 -0500, piedmont > wrote:
> > ceed,
> > * * * * * *Can you find 'Open Pit'? One of the last sauces that isn't smoke
> > flavored. its been on the market for 30 years.
> > * * * * * *The so called original Kraft isn't. Its now smoke flavored and it
> > wasn't originally.

> I add liquid smoke to my home made one. I do not like it that much myself, *
> but kids and wife demand it, so I do it. I will look int Open Pit also. *

I came around to adding a "pinch" of liquid smoke to my home-made
red sauce, it works out to about 1/2 tsp of liquid smoke in 2.75 cups
of
finished sauce. Like any good use of seasoning, it doesn't stand out
but adds a subtle hint to the flavor.

Dana
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article
Dana > wrote:

> On Jun 11, 7:09*am, ceed > wrote:
> > On Fri, 11 Jun 2010 08:14:03 -0500, piedmont > wrote:
> > > ceed,
> > > * * * * * *Can you find 'Open Pit'? One of the last sauces that isn't
> > > smoke
> > > flavored. its been on the market for 30 years.
> > > * * * * * *The so called original Kraft isn't. Its now smoke flavored and
> > > it
> > > wasn't originally.

> > I add liquid smoke to my home made one. I do not like it that much myself,
> > *
> > but kids and wife demand it, so I do it. I will look int Open Pit also. *

> I came around to adding a "pinch" of liquid smoke to my home-made
> red sauce, it works out to about 1/2 tsp of liquid smoke in 2.75 cups
> of
> finished sauce. Like any good use of seasoning, it doesn't stand out
> but adds a subtle hint to the flavor.
>
> Dana

I most often use liquid smoke in a marinade or coating for poultry that
I'm going to roast indoors. Also works for pork roast.

Mix with soy sauce, coat the meat with it before applying a rub. I
sprinkle rubs on with a shaker.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jun 14, 12:52*pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
> tutall wrote:
> > On Jun 14, 8:35 am, Gz > wrote:

> >> Pulled pork is a little difficult for me. If you can keep it juicy no
> >> sauce would be OK.

> > How the hell does one dry out a butt or shoulder?

> Very small butt, too high a temp, for too long a period of time. Butts that
> have had the bone removed, if they aren't tied up properly, can have the
> same thing happen.

In other words: Not easily

I've only done the bone in piece once, and none are ever tied, have
overcooked them to over 210F and they were still juicy.

Everything would have to go wrong to dry one out, but Greg finds the
cut problematic?
Greg, you are doing something wrong.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >, Sqwertz > wrote:

>http://blogs.houstonpress.com/eating...cue_sauces.php
>
>The one I've been touting here came in 2nd place (HEB Carolina).
>This just proves I have good taste!
>
>But I do have to wonder about the tasters comment "horseradish?".
>There's no horseradish in there <shrug>.

Got some of my V8, clove, celery and cinamon sauce ready for the forth.
I just wipped up a batch of Carolina sauce from a recipee. I
have been using Scotts BBQ sauce on everything from Chineese rice, chicken, to
fries. How simple can you get ? Apple vinegar, black pepper, and chile powder.
A little red or habenero added.

greg
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >, (GregS) wrote:
>In article >, Sqwertz >
> wrote:

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/eating...cue_sauces.php

>>The one I've been touting here came in 2nd place (HEB Carolina).
>>This just proves I have good taste!
>>
>>But I do have to wonder about the tasters comment "horseradish?".
>>There's no horseradish in there <shrug>.
>>

>Got some of my V8, clove, celery and cinamon sauce ready for the forth.
>I just wipped up a batch of Carolina sauce from a recipee. I
>have been using Scotts BBQ sauce on everything from Chineese rice, chicken, to
>fries. How simple can you get ? Apple vinegar, black pepper, and chile powder.
>A little red or habenero added.

I am going to add the favorite "celery seed" to that NC recipee. Maybe some Mrs. Dash,
and, Ill think about some other things, like ground clove and cinamon.

Maybe we southwest Pennsylvanians can show em!!!!

greg

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

(GregS) wrote:
> >In article >, Sqwertz
> >
> > wrote:

http://blogs.houstonpress.com/eating...cue_sauces.php

> >>The one I've been touting here came in 2nd place (HEB Carolina).
> >>This just proves I have good taste!
> >>
> >>But I do have to wonder about the tasters comment "horseradish?".
> >>There's no horseradish in there <shrug>.
> >>

> >Got some of my V8, clove, celery and cinamon sauce ready for the forth.
> >I just wipped up a batch of Carolina sauce from a recipee. I
> >have been using Scotts BBQ sauce on everything from Chineese rice, chicken,
> >fries. How simple can you get ? Apple vinegar, black pepper, and chile
> >powder.
> >A little red or habenero added.

> I am going to add the favorite "celery seed" to that NC recipee. Maybe some
> Mrs. Dash,
> and, Ill think about some other things, like ground clove and cinamon.
>

> Maybe we southwest Pennsylvanians can show em!!!!
>
> greg

Fenugreek.. but just a pinch!
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >, Sqwertz > wrote:
>On Thu, 01 Jul 2010 18:59:35 GMT, GregS wrote:
>
>> I am going to add the favorite "celery seed" to that NC recipee. Maybe some

> Mrs. Dash,
>> and, Ill think about some other things, like ground clove and cinamon.
>>
>> Maybe we southwest Pennsylvanians can show em!!!!

>Hah! Isn't their idea of "BBQ" cheap-assed chipped ham smothered
>in a sweet barbecue sauce?

Thats an Isaly's thing. Also the klondikes. I used to like that
Isaly's sauce when young. Sweet is for kids.

greg

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >, Sqwertz > wrote:
>On Fri, 02 Jul 2010 13:05:22 GMT, GregS wrote:
>
>> In article >, Sqwertz >

> wrote:

>>> Mrs. Dash,

>>>Hah! Isn't their idea of "BBQ" cheap-assed chipped ham smothered
>>>in a sweet barbecue sauce?

>> Thats an Isaly's thing.

>Well, somebody had to invent it. Isaly's doesn't really exist any
>more but you kooks are still eating that crap.
>
>The Big Mac was also invented in Southwestern PA but nobody
>considers *that* a hamburger!

Ready to go and start things for the BBQ. See you later.

Still time to wipp up that Southwestern Monongahela river valley BBQ sauce

1 QT V8 Juice
1/2 tsp ground cloves
1/3 tsp cinimon
1/4 cup red wine vinegar