Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Spicing pork chops

Hi,

I find myself using McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning a lot as base for
beef (not brisket). I have tried to find an "universal" spice blend for
pork (not pulled), but I can't find anything that works with pork like MSS
does with beef. I do not have time to put together advanced seasoning
mixes for every meat myself, so I was hoping someone could recommend
something that works well for pork (typically chops).

--
//ceed
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article <op.vduhq7pucj7p5p@christian-laptop>,
ceed > wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I find myself using McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning a lot as base for
> beef (not brisket). I have tried to find an "universal" spice blend for
> pork (not pulled), but I can't find anything that works with pork like MSS
> does with beef. I do not have time to put together advanced seasoning
> mixes for every meat myself, so I was hoping someone could recommend
> something that works well for pork (typically chops).

I often use Fiesta brand fajita seasoning, and add additional granulated
garlic.

Alternately, an over night soak in wishbone italian salad dressing.

That second one is fantastic for chicken. ;-d
--
Peace! Om

Â*Only Irish Â*coffee provides in a single glass all four Â*essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar Â*and fat. --Alex Levine
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In newsp.vduhq7pucj7p5p@christian-laptop,
ceed >spewed forth:
> Hi,
>
> I find myself using McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning a lot as base
> for beef (not brisket). I have tried to find an "universal" spice
> blend for pork (not pulled), but I can't find anything that works
> with pork like MSS does with beef. I do not have time to put together
> advanced seasoning mixes for every meat myself, so I was hoping
> someone could recommend something that works well for pork (typically
> chops).

I really like Pappys seasoning on almost everything, especially pork chops
http://pappyschoice.com/Product%20Page_Salt%20Free.htm

There are a few retail places to get it, like BBQs Galore, but I usually
just order directly from them

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 6/5/2010 4:09 PM, Omelet wrote:
> In article<op.vduhq7pucj7p5p@christian-laptop>,
> > wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I find myself using McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning a lot as base for
>> beef (not brisket). I have tried to find an "universal" spice blend for
>> pork (not pulled), but I can't find anything that works with pork like MSS
>> does with beef. I do not have time to put together advanced seasoning
>> mixes for every meat myself, so I was hoping someone could recommend
>> something that works well for pork (typically chops).

> I often use Fiesta brand fajita seasoning, and add additional granulated
> garlic.
>
> Alternately, an over night soak in wishbone italian salad dressing.
>
> That second one is fantastic for chicken. ;-d

There was a recipe I used for pork chops that involved marinating in soy
sauce and don't remember what was added. Thick Chop cooked indirectly
and they were great...

Wish I knew where that recipe was. Guess I will have to search the net
and see if one rings a bell to me :-)

BBQ
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
bbq > wrote:

> On 6/5/2010 4:09 PM, Omelet wrote:
> > In article<op.vduhq7pucj7p5p@christian-laptop>,
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I find myself using McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning a lot as base for
> >> beef (not brisket). I have tried to find an "universal" spice blend for
> >> pork (not pulled), but I can't find anything that works with pork like MSS
> >> does with beef. I do not have time to put together advanced seasoning
> >> mixes for every meat myself, so I was hoping someone could recommend
> >> something that works well for pork (typically chops).

> > I often use Fiesta brand fajita seasoning, and add additional granulated
> > garlic.
> >
> > Alternately, an over night soak in wishbone italian salad dressing.
> >
> > That second one is fantastic for chicken. ;-d

> There was a recipe I used for pork chops that involved marinating in soy
> sauce and don't remember what was added. Thick Chop cooked indirectly
> and they were great...
>
> Wish I knew where that recipe was. Guess I will have to search the net
> and see if one rings a bell to me :-)
>
> BBQ

If it starts with soy sauce, I'd add fresh grated ginger root, some
fresh pressed garlic (or granulated garlic) and a very light dash of
sesame oil...

Very asian.

Add heat if desired, maybe just a touch of cayenne.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 17:03:05 -0500, Omelet > wrote:

> In article >,
> bbq > wrote:
>
>> On 6/5/2010 4:09 PM, Omelet wrote:
>> > In article<op.vduhq7pucj7p5p@christian-laptop>,

>> for

>> for

>> like MSS
>> >
>> > I often use Fiesta brand fajita seasoning, and add additional

>> granulated
>> > garlic.
>> >
>> > Alternately, an over night soak in wishbone italian salad dressing.
>> >
>> > That second one is fantastic for chicken. ;-d

>> There was a recipe I used for pork chops that involved marinating in soy
>> sauce and don't remember what was added. Thick Chop cooked indirectly
>> and they were great...
>>
>> Wish I knew where that recipe was. Guess I will have to search the net
>> and see if one rings a bell to me :-)
>>
>> BBQ

> If it starts with soy sauce, I'd add fresh grated ginger root, some
> fresh pressed garlic (or granulated garlic) and a very light dash of
> sesame oil...
>
> Very asian.
>
> Add heat if desired, maybe just a touch of cayenne.

Thanks, I'm going to try the dressing and the soy approach and see which
one works the best. I like the idea of using dressing since my dressing
contains really good ingredients ("high end" vinegar and olive oil).

--
//ceed
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 16:42:31 -0500, ChairMan > wrote:

> In newsp.vduhq7pucj7p5p@christian-laptop,
> ceed >spewed forth:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I find myself using McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning a lot as base
>> for beef (not brisket). I have tried to find an "universal" spice
>> blend for pork (not pulled), but I can't find anything that works
>> with pork like MSS does with beef. I do not have time to put together
>> advanced seasoning mixes for every meat myself, so I was hoping
>> someone could recommend something that works well for pork (typically
>> chops).

> I really like Pappys seasoning on almost everything, especially pork
> chops
> http://pappyschoice.com/Product%20Page_Salt%20Free.htm
>
> There are a few retail places to get it, like BBQs Galore, but I usually
> just order directly from them

The only spice I order on-line is the Morton's Sausage and Meatloaf
Seasoning. I simply can't make good breakfast sausage without it, and it's
not stocked in any store around here. I'll look into Pappy though. Thanks!

--
//ceed
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article <op.vdumozw1cj7p5p@christian-laptop>,
ceed > wrote:

> On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 17:03:05 -0500, Omelet > wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > bbq > wrote:

> >> for
> >> for
> >> like MSS

> >> granulated

> >> There was a recipe I used for pork chops that involved marinating in soy
> >> sauce and don't remember what was added. Thick Chop cooked indirectly
> >> and they were great...
> >>
> >> Wish I knew where that recipe was. Guess I will have to search the net
> >> and see if one rings a bell to me :-)
> >>
> >> BBQ

> > If it starts with soy sauce, I'd add fresh grated ginger root, some
> > fresh pressed garlic (or granulated garlic) and a very light dash of
> > sesame oil...
> >
> > Very asian.
> >
> > Add heat if desired, maybe just a touch of cayenne.

> Thanks, I'm going to try the dressing and the soy approach and see which
> one works the best. I like the idea of using dressing since my dressing
> contains really good ingredients ("high end" vinegar and olive oil).

<lol> Hope that works! I plan to BBQ next weekend as I bought some 1"
thick pork chops today for $1.49 and stashed them in the freezer.

Gods knows I have plenty of wood!

The combo of drought and flooding has been hell on my trees.

Just keep in mind that dried powered ginger does not work for marinades.
That stuff is ONLY for baking. And fresh ginger is cheap.

I bought some inexpensive apple cider vinegar and still have unopened
fall peanut oil. I was considering that as a marinade base with the
other flavorings.
--
Peace! Om

Â*Only Irish Â*coffee provides in a single glass all four Â*essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar Â*and fat. --Alex Levine
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 18:12:18 -0500, Omelet > wrote:

> Just keep in mind that dried powered ginger does not work for marinades.
> That stuff is ONLY for baking. And fresh ginger is cheap

Ah! I have never thought of that! Thank you. That's why I never had any
success with marinades using powdered ginger. I'm still learning!

--
//ceed
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 6/5/2010 6:37 PM, ceed wrote:
> On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 18:12:18 -0500, Omelet > wrote:
>
>> Just keep in mind that dried powered ginger does not work for marinades.
>> That stuff is ONLY for baking. And fresh ginger is cheap

> Ah! I have never thought of that! Thank you. That's why I never had any
> success with marinades using powdered ginger. I'm still learning!

You are not the only one. Thanks Om for the tip.

BBQ

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"ceed" > wrote in message
newsp.vduhq7pucj7p5p@christian-laptop...
> Hi,
>
> I find myself using McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning a lot as base for
> beef (not brisket). I have tried to find an "universal" spice blend for
> pork (not pulled), but I can't find anything that works with pork like MSS
> does with beef. I do not have time to put together advanced seasoning
> mixes for every meat myself, so I was hoping someone could recommend
> something that works well for pork (typically chops).
>
> --
> //ceed

Bad Byron's Butt Rub from www.buttrub.com is great on just about everything
pork. Add to it for different versions, For example, a mix of Butt Rub and
Turbinado sugar (50-50) is very good on... butts! I like to add a little
lemon or lime zest for pork chops.

Just a very satisfied customer

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 15:55:45 -0500, ceed wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I find myself using McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning a lot as base for
> beef (not brisket). I have tried to find an "universal" spice blend for
> pork (not pulled), but I can't find anything that works with pork like MSS
> does with beef. I do not have time to put together advanced seasoning
> mixes for every meat myself, so I was hoping someone could recommend
> something that works well for pork (typically chops).

Whoa. Deja Vu.

Didn't I just post this? Along with my recommendation for pork?

Try some Old Bay on pork.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 17:44:05 -0500, ceed wrote:

> The only spice I order on-line is the Morton's Sausage and Meatloaf
> Seasoning. I simply can't make good breakfast sausage without it, and it's
> not stocked in any store around here. I'll look into Pappy though. Thanks!

Academy on William Cannon had it 6 weeks ago.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article <op.vduo9jgbcj7p5p@christian-laptop>,
ceed > wrote:

> On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 18:12:18 -0500, Omelet > wrote:
>
> > Just keep in mind that dried powered ginger does not work for marinades.
> > That stuff is ONLY for baking. And fresh ginger is cheap

> Ah! I have never thought of that! Thank you. That's why I never had any
> success with marinades using powdered ginger. I'm still learning!

Cheers! :-)
Grating fresh ginger works well, or chopping it and pureeing it in a
blender. Freezing it also works well for long term storage.
--
Peace! Om

Â*Only Irish Â*coffee provides in a single glass all four Â*essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar Â*and fat. --Alex Levine
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
bbq > wrote:

> On 6/5/2010 6:37 PM, ceed wrote:
> > On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 18:12:18 -0500, Omelet > wrote:
> >
> >> Just keep in mind that dried powered ginger does not work for marinades.
> >> That stuff is ONLY for baking. And fresh ginger is cheap

> > Ah! I have never thought of that! Thank you. That's why I never had any
> > success with marinades using powdered ginger. I'm still learning!
> >

> You are not the only one. Thanks Om for the tip.
>
> BBQ

You are most welcome. :-) There is a drastic difference in flavor
between some fresh vs. dried flavorings. Ginger is one of them, as is
Basil.
--
Peace! Om

Â*Only Irish Â*coffee provides in a single glass all four Â*essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar Â*and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >, " Joe" >
wrote:

> "ceed" > wrote in message
> newsp.vduhq7pucj7p5p@christian-laptop...
> > Hi,
> >
> > I find myself using McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning a lot as base for
> > beef (not brisket). I have tried to find an "universal" spice blend for
> > pork (not pulled), but I can't find anything that works with pork like MSS
> > does with beef. I do not have time to put together advanced seasoning
> > mixes for every meat myself, so I was hoping someone could recommend
> > something that works well for pork (typically chops).
> >
> > --
> > //ceed

> Bad Byron's Butt Rub from www.buttrub.com is great on just about everything
> pork. Add to it for different versions, For example, a mix of Butt Rub and
> Turbinado sugar (50-50) is very good on... butts! I like to add a little
> lemon or lime zest for pork chops.
>
> Just a very satisfied customer

I need to explore lime further. I've used dried ground lemon or orange
peel in some recipes, but not lime.

Thanks!
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 01:22:59 -0500, Omelet > wrote:

> In article >, " Joe" >
> wrote:
>
>> "ceed" > wrote in message
>> newsp.vduhq7pucj7p5p@christian-laptop...
>> > Hi,
>> >
>> > I find myself using McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning a lot as base

>> for
>> > beef (not brisket). I have tried to find an "universal" spice blend

>> for
>> > pork (not pulled), but I can't find anything that works with pork

>> like MSS
>> > does with beef. I do not have time to put together advanced seasoning
>> > mixes for every meat myself, so I was hoping someone could recommend
>> > something that works well for pork (typically chops).
>> >
>> > --
>> > //ceed

>> Bad Byron's Butt Rub from www.buttrub.com is great on just about
>> everything
>> pork. Add to it for different versions, For example, a mix of Butt
>> Rub and
>> Turbinado sugar (50-50) is very good on... butts! I like to add a
>> little
>> lemon or lime zest for pork chops.
>>
>> Just a very satisfied customer

> I need to explore lime further. I've used dried ground lemon or orange
> peel in some recipes, but not lime.

I often make this traditional Thai dipping sauce I use a lot as dipping
sauce for meats and veggies, but also as a great marinade or simply
sprinkled over rice served with grilled meats. Fresh lime juice is an
important ingredient in that sauce.

--
//ceed
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

ceed > wrote:
> [ . . . ]
> I often make this traditional Thai dipping sauce I use a lot as dipping
> sauce for meats and veggies, but also as a great marinade or simply
> sprinkled over rice served with grilled meats. Fresh lime juice is an
> important ingredient in that sauce.

Please share the recipe for your traditional Thai dipping sauce. Thanks.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 06 Jun 2010 03:11:27 -0500, Nick Cramer >
wrote:

> ceed > wrote:
>> [ . . . ]
>> I often make this traditional Thai dipping sauce I use a lot as dipping
>> sauce for meats and veggies, but also as a great marinade or simply
>> sprinkled over rice served with grilled meats. Fresh lime juice is an
>> important ingredient in that sauce.

> Please share the recipe for your traditional Thai dipping sauce. Thanks.

Sorry, should have done that. Here goes:

THAI DIPPING SAUCE

1 1/3 cup water
2/3 cup Thai fish sauce (I use Golden Boy. You can see some listed he
http://is.gd/cEDG3 )
1 medium size cayenne pepper (red) finely chopped
1 medium size jalapeño (green) finely chopped (if you want to reduce the
heat use a little bit of green bell pepper here instead).
2 cloves garlic finely chopped
1/4 cup finely shredded carrot (make sure the carrots aren't bitter since
bitter kills this sauce)
1/3 cup Demerara cane sugar (I've used standard white sugar at times also
with good results)
1/4 cup freshly squeezed lime juice (don't even think about replacing with
lemon!)

Stir it all well until the sugar is dissolved. Takes a little while with
larger crystal Demerara. Store in fridge. Tastes better if you let it rest
for a few hours.

On a side note, Golden Boy is a great brand for Asian sauces. Their
mushroom soy sauce is simply phenomenal. I haven't been disappointed in
any of their products. Luckily they stock some of them at a local Asian
super market here in Austin, TX (MT Supermarket on Lamar).

--
//ceed
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

and is an excellent way to grate it, works terrific right out of the
freezer, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article <op.vduo9jgbcj7p5p@christian-laptop>,
> ceed > wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 05 Jun 2010 18:12:18 -0500, Omelet > wrote:
>>
>> > Just keep in mind that dried powered ginger does not work for
>> > marinades.
>> > That stuff is ONLY for baking. And fresh ginger is cheap

>> Ah! I have never thought of that! Thank you. That's why I never had any
>> success with marinades using powdered ginger. I'm still learning!

> Cheers! :-)
> Grating fresh ginger works well, or chopping it and pureeing it in a
> blender. Freezing it also works well for long term storage.
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
>  Only Irish  coffee provides in a single glass all four  essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar  and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
> > In article <op.vduo9jgbcj7p5p@christian-laptop>,
> > ceed > wrote:

> >> Ah! I have never thought of that! Thank you. That's why I never had any
> >> success with marinades using powdered ginger. I'm still learning!

> > Cheers! :-)
> > Grating fresh ginger works well, or chopping it and pureeing it in a
> > blender. Freezing it also works well for long term storage.
> >

> and is an excellent way to grate it, works terrific right out of the
> freezer, Lee

I agree that it grates easily frozen, but I've gone to the puree method
and freeze the puree. That way all I have to do now is to break off a
chunk of what I need. :-) I freeze if flat in ziplocks so it's a thin
layer.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

interesting, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> "Omelet" > wrote in message
>> news

>> > Cheers! :-)
>> > Grating fresh ginger works well, or chopping it and pureeing it in a
>> > blender. Freezing it also works well for long term storage.
>> >

>> and is an excellent way to grate it, works terrific right out of the
>> freezer, Lee

> I agree that it grates easily frozen, but I've gone to the puree method
> and freeze the puree. That way all I have to do now is to break off a
> chunk of what I need. :-) I freeze if flat in ziplocks so it's a thin
> layer.
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"ceed" > wrote in message
newsp.vduhq7pucj7p5p@christian-laptop...
> Hi,
>
> I find myself using McCormick Montreal Steak Seasoning a lot as base for
> beef (not brisket). I have tried to find an "universal" spice blend for
> pork (not pulled), but I can't find anything that works with pork like MSS
> does with beef. I do not have time to put together advanced seasoning
> mixes for every meat myself, so I was hoping someone could recommend
> something that works well for pork (typically chops).

http://www.barbecuenews.com/recipes/index.asp

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

ceed > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:
> > ceed > wrote:
> >> [ . . . ]
> >> I often make this traditional Thai dipping sauce []

> > Please share the recipe for your traditional Thai dipping sauce.

> Sorry, should have done that. Here goes:
>
> THAI DIPPING SAUCE
> [ . . . ]

Surprised by the carrot!

Here's another one:

Jun's Nam Prik Kii Gaa (Spicy Crow Poop) Dipping Sauce:

You will appreciate Pee Jun's scientific precision (and my parenthetical
'refinements')

1 full hand Jalapenos, chopped (2 cups?)
1 big red onion, chopped (1 cup?)
gra tiem or garlic, crushed or chopped (1 cup?)

pan-fry, no oil, until nicely done (?)

1 handful (1 cup?) dried shrimp

Pound in mortar or blend in blender or food processor. Add:

2 or 3 Tablespoons lime juice, to taste
2 or 3 Tablespoons Fish Sauce or Nam Pla, to taste. Better too little than
too much.
1 or 2 Tablespoons sugar, to taste

Adjust consistency to be like a dip, with hot water if necessary. Good as
a dip with cucumber, celery, carrot, broccoli, etc.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

can i use anything besides dried shrimp? Lee
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> ceed > wrote:
>> Nick Cramer wrote:
>> > Please share the recipe for your traditional Thai dipping sauce.

>> Sorry, should have done that. Here goes:
>>
>> THAI DIPPING SAUCE
>> [ . . . ]

> Surprised by the carrot!
>
> Here's another one:
>
> Jun's Nam Prik Kii Gaa (Spicy Crow Poop) Dipping Sauce:
>
> You will appreciate Pee Jun's scientific precision (and my parenthetical
> 'refinements')
>
> 1 full hand Jalapenos, chopped (2 cups?)
> 1 big red onion, chopped (1 cup?)
> gra tiem or garlic, crushed or chopped (1 cup?)
>
> pan-fry, no oil, until nicely done (?)
>
> 1 handful (1 cup?) dried shrimp
>
> Pound in mortar or blend in blender or food processor. Add:
>
> 2 or 3 Tablespoons lime juice, to taste
> 2 or 3 Tablespoons Fish Sauce or Nam Pla, to taste. Better too little than
> too much.
> 1 or 2 Tablespoons sugar, to taste
>
> Adjust consistency to be like a dip, with hot water if necessary. Good as
> a dip with cucumber, celery, carrot, broccoli, etc.
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
No Name

I'm a big fan of salt, smoked spanish paprika, garlic and fresh herbs.
Usually I let those sit out and marinate until room temp.

A little bit of oil to coat just before they go on the fire.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" > wrote:
> can i use anything besides dried shrimp? Lee
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> [ . . . ]
> > Jun's Nam Prik Kii Gaa (Spicy Crow Poop) Dipping Sauce:
> > [ . . . ]

You should be able to find dried shrimp (Thai call them Goong Haeng) in any
Asian market, in the refrigerated or frozen food section. Fresh ones are an
orange-pink color. Don't buy any that have even a hint of grey, as that's a
sign that they're older and won't be as flavorful. You could use tiny fresh
shrimp, but the salty, sharp flavor will be sacrificed.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

oohh i didn't explain right i don't do shrimp if i can identify them, was
hoping some other salty dried fish item could substitute, Lee
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>> can i use anything besides dried shrimp? Lee
>> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>> [ . . . ]
>> > Jun's Nam Prik Kii Gaa (Spicy Crow Poop) Dipping Sauce:
>> > [ . . . ]

> You should be able to find dried shrimp (Thai call them Goong Haeng) in
> any
> Asian market, in the refrigerated or frozen food section. Fresh ones are
> an
> orange-pink color. Don't buy any that have even a hint of grey, as that's
> sign that they're older and won't be as flavorful. You could use tiny
> fresh
> shrimp, but the salty, sharp flavor will be sacrificed.
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" > wrote:
> oohh i didn't explain right i don't do shrimp if i can identify them, was
> hoping some other salty dried fish item could substitute, Lee
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> > "Stormmee" > wrote:
> >> can i use anything besides dried shrimp? Lee
> >> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> >> [ . . . ]

Why not? It would probably taste a little different, but should still be
similar. Jun won't be back from Thailand for another couple of weeks, so I
don't have a recipe.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

if you wouldn't mind ask her what would be closest without being shrimp, Lee
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>> oohh i didn't explain right i don't do shrimp if i can identify them, was
>> hoping some other salty dried fish item could substitute, Lee

> Why not? It would probably taste a little different, but should still be
> similar. Jun won't be back from Thailand for another couple of weeks, so I
> don't have a recipe.
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" > wrote:
> if you wouldn't mind ask her what would be closest without being shrimp,

[]

> > Why not? It would probably taste a little different, but should still
> > be similar. Jun won't be back from Thailand for another couple of
> > weeks, so I don't have a recipe.

I'll try to remember. ;-)

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Pork Chops biig General Cooking 0 03-05-2012 02:31 PM
Pork Chops Ed Pawlowski General Cooking 4 03-05-2012 04:47 AM
Chocolate Pork Chops (Mole Style Pork Chops) Danisha Recipes (moderated) 0 30-12-2006 02:55 AM
Need help with pork chops [email protected] General Cooking 61 26-04-2006 05:37 AM