Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default What's a Grilled Steak??

There's been a lot of back and forth dialogue about steak in this NG.
The following occured to me in the middle of the night during a grilling
dream.

"What is your definition of a grilled steak?

Is it this?
http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...tbs%3Di sch:1
--
or something like this?
http://www.peppermintfields.com/imag...steak%2001.jpg

or what? My own standard it the "Is it this" example.

I think that'l explain a lot.

Kent
-----------
,brining in my garage,

BTW that very long URL above does work without a problem.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jun 4, 2:14*pm, "Kent" > wrote:

Charred stake:

http://carverphoto.files.wordpress.c...ed-texture.jpg

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Kent" > wrote:

> "What is your definition of a grilled steak?
>
> Is it this?
> http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ges/STEAK.JPG&
> imgrefurl=http://www.on-stjohn.com/2009/05/05/villa-vittles-steak/&usg=__zdtjG
> zP_JmDRGkXGXajDgmjbF50=&h=300&w=400&sz=191&hl=en&s tart=61&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=9p
> CgzU4uZhN_YM:&tbnh=93&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dgrilled%2Bsteak%26start%3D60
> %26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft :en-us:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D
> 1I7GGIH_en%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Disch:1
> --
> or something like this?
> http://www.peppermintfields.com/imag...steak%2001.jpg
>
> or what? My own standard it the "Is it this" example.
>
> I think that'l explain a lot.
>
> Kent

Your standards are too low. ;-)
And Kent dear, have you never heard of tinyUrl???

Personally, this works for me:

<http://i45.tinypic.com/8yf4h4.jpg>
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jun 4, 5:55*pm, Omelet > wrote:

> > Your standards are too low. ;-)

> And Kent dear, have you never heard of tinyUrl???

Omelet, nobody in their right mind would hit a tinyurl posted by Kent.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Kent" > wrote:
>
>> "What is your definition of a grilled steak?
>>
>> Is it this?
>> http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ges/STEAK.JPG&
>> imgrefurl=http://www.on-stjohn.com/2009/05/05/villa-vittles-steak/&usg=__zdtjG
>> zP_JmDRGkXGXajDgmjbF50=&h=300&w=400&sz=191&hl=en&s tart=61&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=9p
>> CgzU4uZhN_YM:&tbnh=93&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dgrilled%2Bsteak%26start%3D60
>> %26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft :en-us:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D
>> 1I7GGIH_en%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Disch:1
>> --
>> or something like this?
>> http://www.peppermintfields.com/imag...steak%2001.jpg
>>
>> or what? My own standard it the "Is it this" example.
>>
>> I think that'l explain a lot.
>>
>> Kent

> Your standards are too low. ;-)
> And Kent dear, have you never heard of tinyUrl???
>
> Personally, this works for me:
>
> <http://i45.tinypic.com/8yf4h4.jpg>
> --
> Peace! Om

If I put a steak like that on the table I'd be embarrassed. That's what a
gas grill does. That looks horrible!

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 14:14:36 -0700, Kent wrote:

> There's been a lot of back and forth dialogue about steak in this NG.
> The following occured to me in the middle of the night during a grilling
> dream.

Heh.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article
tutall > wrote:

> On Jun 4, 5:55*pm, Omelet > wrote:
>
> > > Your standards are too low. ;-)

> > And Kent dear, have you never heard of tinyUrl???

> Omelet, nobody in their right mind would hit a tinyurl posted by Kent.

Oh they were legit, just not to my tastes.
I like my meat at least half raw. Bloody rare is preferred.

There is also a bypass thingy on tinyurl where you can see where you are
going ahead of time.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Kent" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
> > In article >,
> > "Kent" > wrote:
> >
> >> "What is your definition of a grilled steak?
> >>
> >> Is it this?
> >> http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...images/STEAK.J
> >> PG&
> >> imgrefurl=http://www.on-stjohn.com/2009/05/05/villa-vittles-steak/&usg=__zd
> >> tjG
> >> zP_JmDRGkXGXajDgmjbF50=&h=300&w=400&sz=191&hl=en&s tart=61&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid
> >> =9p
> >> CgzU4uZhN_YM:&tbnh=93&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dgrilled%2Bsteak%26start%3
> >> D60
> >> %26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft :en-us:IE-SearchBox%26rlz
> >> %3D
> >> 1I7GGIH_en%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Disch:1
> >> --
> >> or something like this?
> >> http://www.peppermintfields.com/imag...steak%2001.jpg
> >>
> >> or what? My own standard it the "Is it this" example.
> >>
> >> I think that'l explain a lot.
> >>
> >> Kent

> > Your standards are too low. ;-)
> > And Kent dear, have you never heard of tinyUrl???
> >
> > Personally, this works for me:
> >
> > <http://i45.tinypic.com/8yf4h4.jpg>
> > --
> > Peace! Om
> >

> If I put a steak like that on the table I'd be embarrassed. That's what a
> gas grill does. That looks horrible!
>
> Kent

I don't do gas grills moron! Wood mostly, charcoal sometimes.
I guess you have a reading comprehension problem along with everything
else?

I guess you like your steaks well done?

EW!!!
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

why on earth do you persist in asking for opinions just to be disrespectful
of them? Lee
"Kent" > wrote in message

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
>> In article >,
>> "Kent" > wrote:
>>
>>> "What is your definition of a grilled steak?
>>>
>>> Is it this?
>>> http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...ges/STEAK.JPG&
>>> imgrefurl=http://www.on-stjohn.com/2009/05/05/villa-vittles-steak/&usg=__zdtjG
>>> zP_JmDRGkXGXajDgmjbF50=&h=300&w=400&sz=191&hl=en&s tart=61&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=9p
>>> CgzU4uZhN_YM:&tbnh=93&tbnw=124&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dgrilled%2Bsteak%26start%3D60
>>> %26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DN%26rls%3Dcom.microsoft :en-us:IE-SearchBox%26rlz%3D
>>> 1I7GGIH_en%26ndsp%3D20%26tbs%3Disch:1
>>> --
>>> or something like this?
>>> http://www.peppermintfields.com/imag...steak%2001.jpg
>>>
>>> or what? My own standard it the "Is it this" example.
>>>
>>> I think that'l explain a lot.
>>>
>>> Kent

>> Your standards are too low. ;-)
>> And Kent dear, have you never heard of tinyUrl???
>>
>> Personally, this works for me:
>>
>> <http://i45.tinypic.com/8yf4h4.jpg>
>> --
>> Peace! Om
>>

> If I put a steak like that on the table I'd be embarrassed. That's what a
> gas grill does. That looks horrible!
>
> Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

I opted to NOT comment on why an alledgly grown man would dream of bbq
instead of, of, well other stuf normal men dream of, Lee
"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 14:14:36 -0700, Kent wrote:
>
>> There's been a lot of back and forth dialogue about steak in this NG.
>> The following occured to me in the middle of the night during a grilling
>> dream.

> Heh.
>
> -sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> > On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 14:14:36 -0700, Kent wrote:
> >
> >> There's been a lot of back and forth dialogue about steak in this NG.
> >> The following occured to me in the middle of the night during a grilling
> >> dream.

> > Heh.
> >
> > -sw

> I opted to NOT comment on why an alledgly grown man would dream of bbq
> instead of, of, well other stuf normal men dream of, Lee

<ROFL>!!!
Point and Score Stormmee!
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> "Kent" > wrote in message
> >
> > "Omelet" > wrote in message
> > news

> >> Your standards are too low. ;-)
> >> And Kent dear, have you never heard of tinyUrl???
> >>
> >> Personally, this works for me:
> >>
> >> <http://i45.tinypic.com/8yf4h4.jpg>
> >> --
> >> Peace! Om
> >>

> > If I put a steak like that on the table I'd be embarrassed. That's what a
> > gas grill does. That looks horrible!
> >
> > Kent

> why on earth do you persist in asking for opinions just to be disrespectful
> of them? Lee

Perhaps he's a sock puppet of Manda Ruby from r.f.c. <g>

I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt up until now. But now
I'll likely ignore him like everyone else here does... Screw him.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

i mostly ignore him since he started talking about grilling steaks and
disrespecting people who obviously know what they are doing, and err... no
thanks to that screw him part... not with someone elses body parts, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> "Kent" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Omelet" > wrote in message
>> > news >> >> In article >,

>> > If I put a steak like that on the table I'd be embarrassed. That's what
>> > gas grill does. That looks horrible!
>> >
>> > Kent

>> why on earth do you persist in asking for opinions just to be
>> disrespectful
>> of them? Lee

> Perhaps he's a sock puppet of Manda Ruby from r.f.c. <g>
>
> I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt up until now. But now
> I'll likely ignore him like everyone else here does... Screw him.
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 5-Jun-2010, bbq > wrote:

> On 6/4/2010 7:55 PM, Omelet wrote:
>

> > Your standards are too low. ;-)
> > And Kent dear, have you never heard of tinyUrl???
> >
> > Personally, this works for me:
> >
> > <http://i45.tinypic.com/8yf4h4.jpg>

> Damn you Om... Now I want a steak tonight. I have one in the freezer and
> takes to long to thaw it out for tonight. Guess is goes in fridge for
> tomorrow.
> (I don't like to use MW to thaw out, especially steak)
>
> It's ALL your fault.
>
> Thanks
>
> BBQ

Hey, Hello!. Put that steak in a zip lock with all the air sucked out or
even better vac bag it. Then thrown it in the sink and cover with luke
warm water. Thaws in under an hour without damaging the texture
of the meat.

--
Brick said that.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 6/4/2010 7:55 PM, Omelet wrote:

> Your standards are too low. ;-)
> And Kent dear, have you never heard of tinyUrl???
>
> Personally, this works for me:
>
> <http://i45.tinypic.com/8yf4h4.jpg>

Damn you Om... Now I want a steak tonight. I have one in the freezer and
takes to long to thaw it out for tonight. Guess is goes in fridge for
tomorrow.
(I don't like to use MW to thaw out, especially steak)

It's ALL your fault.

Thanks

BBQ

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
bbq > wrote:

> On 6/4/2010 7:55 PM, Omelet wrote:
>

> > Your standards are too low. ;-)
> > And Kent dear, have you never heard of tinyUrl???
> >
> > Personally, this works for me:
> >
> > <http://i45.tinypic.com/8yf4h4.jpg>

> Damn you Om... Now I want a steak tonight. I have one in the freezer and
> takes to long to thaw it out for tonight. Guess is goes in fridge for
> tomorrow.
> (I don't like to use MW to thaw out, especially steak)
>
> It's ALL your fault.
>
> Thanks
>
> BBQ

<lol> Thanks babe! Happy to be of service... ;-D
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jun 5, 1:09*pm, wrote:
> On *5-Jun-2010, bbq > wrote:
>

> > On 6/4/2010 7:55 PM, Omelet wrote:

> > > Your standards are too low. ;-)
> > > And Kent dear, have you never heard of tinyUrl???

> > > Personally, this works for me:

> > > <http://i45.tinypic.com/8yf4h4.jpg>

> > Damn you Om... Now I want a steak tonight. I have one in the freezer and
> > takes to long to thaw it out for tonight. Guess is goes in fridge for
> > tomorrow.
> > (I don't like to use MW to thaw out, especially steak)

> > It's ALL your fault.

> > Thanks

> > BBQ

> Hey, Hello!. Put that steak in a zip lock with all the air sucked out or
> even better vac bag it. Then thrown it in the sink and cover with luke
> warm water. Thaws in under an hour without damaging the texture
> of the meat.

Yep, learned to use water when defrosting here, works great! Can
defrost a chicken in hours, late morning isn't too late to defrost one
to grill for dinner.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 6/5/2010 5:35 PM, tutall wrote:
> On Jun 5, 1:09 pm, wrote:

>> Hey, Hello!. Put that steak in a zip lock with all the air sucked out or
>> even better vac bag it. Then thrown it in the sink and cover with luke
>> warm water. Thaws in under an hour without damaging the texture
>> of the meat.
>>

> Yep, learned to use water when defrosting here, works great! Can
> defrost a chicken in hours, late morning isn't too late to defrost one
> to grill for dinner.

I have used that method for turkey for years. Turkey takes a while. 4-6
hours IIRC, changing the water every 30 minutes of so. Place in fridge
overnight and it's ready to cook the next day..

Steaks, brats, chicken parts, chops, yea, only about an hour.

Good method for me. I get up in the AM and I don't have a clue what I
may want for dinner often times. Unless it's barbecue, then I usually
know the night before..

BBQ

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> "Kent" > wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Omelet" > wrote in message
>> > news >> >> In article >,

>> > If I put a steak like that on the table I'd be embarrassed. That's what
>> > gas grill does. That looks horrible!
>> >
>> > Kent

>> why on earth do you persist in asking for opinions just to be
>> disrespectful
>> of them? Lee

> Perhaps he's a sock puppet of Manda Ruby from r.f.c. <g>
>
> I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt up until now. But now
> I'll likely ignore him like everyone else here does... Screw him.
> --
> Peace! Om

Om, I apologize for my statement. I'm interested in this NG's definition
of a "grilled steak". I was doing a poll. As a pollster I should not be
making statements about responses. You very earnestly responded. It was
extremely inappropriate for me to comment.

Again, I apologize.

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> wrote in message
ster.com...

> Hey, Hello!. Put that steak in a zip lock with all the air sucked out or
> even better vac bag it. Then thrown it in the sink and cover with luke
> warm water. Thaws in under an hour without damaging the texture
> of the meat.
>
> - -
> Brick said that.

What that old fart said. And if it's 3/4" or less (I wouldn't really call
anything much less than 1/2" a steak) then just throw it on the grill, still
frozen. It'll thaw just fine as it cooks.

No, kent, a "REAL" grill

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Kent" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
> > In article >,

> >> why on earth do you persist in asking for opinions just to be
> >> disrespectful
> >> of them? Lee

> > Perhaps he's a sock puppet of Manda Ruby from r.f.c. <g>
> >
> > I've been giving him the benefit of the doubt up until now. But now
> > I'll likely ignore him like everyone else here does... Screw him.
> > --
> > Peace! Om
> >

> Om, I apologize for my statement. I'm interested in this NG's definition
> of a "grilled steak". I was doing a poll. As a pollster I should not be
> making statements about responses. You very earnestly responded. It was
> extremely inappropriate for me to comment.
>
> Again, I apologize.
>
> Kent

Ok, I forgive you Kent.
Just be careful about constructive criticism when it's not meant to be
insulting.

That will also help in relationships at work, especially with your boss.
<grins>
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Kent" > wrote:

> Om, I apologize for my statement. I'm interested in this NG's definition
> of a "grilled steak". I was doing a poll. As a pollster I should not be
> making statements about responses. You very earnestly responded. It was
> extremely inappropriate for me to comment.
>
> Again, I apologize.
>
> Kent

Ps, I'm presuming that you like a bit more char on your steaks and I
can live with that. This pic might appeal to you more. <g>:

<http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...Q?feat=directl
ink>

I do like a bit of sear on pork, not so much on beef and there is a fine
line between searing and burning my protein! ;-)
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >, " Joe" >
wrote:

> > wrote in message
> ster.com...
> >

> > Hey, Hello!. Put that steak in a zip lock with all the air sucked out or
> > even better vac bag it. Then thrown it in the sink and cover with luke
> > warm water. Thaws in under an hour without damaging the texture
> > of the meat.
> >
> > - -
> > Brick said that.

> What that old fart said. And if it's 3/4" or less (I wouldn't really call
> anything much less than 1/2" a steak) then just throw it on the grill, still
> frozen. It'll thaw just fine as it cooks.
>
> No, kent, a "REAL" grill

I've not tried cooking from the frozen state and that's appealing.
How do you time, say, pork vs. beef?

I like my beef bloody rare and my pork medium well.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 5-Jun-2010, " Joe" > wrote:

> > wrote in message
> ster.com...
> >

> > Hey, Hello!. Put that steak in a zip lock with all the air sucked out or
> > even better vac bag it. Then thrown it in the sink and cover with luke
> > warm water. Thaws in under an hour without damaging the texture
> > of the meat.
> >
> > - -
> > Brick said that.

> What that old fart said. And if it's 3/4" or less (I wouldn't really call
>
> anything much less than 1/2" a steak) then just throw it on the grill,
> still
> frozen. It'll thaw just fine as it cooks.
>
> No, kent, a "REAL" grill

There's another point I hadn't thought of in a long time, (years/decades).
A decent way to grill a skinny steak is to throw a hard frozen skinny
(1/2"?) steak on a ot grill. You can get that nice charred surface by the
time the center thaws and actually achieve a blood rare (skinny) steak.
It's been a long, long time since I brought home a skinny steak. That
works pretty good for those slinny pork steaks

--
Brick said that.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 6-Jun-2010, Omelet > wrote:

> n article >, " Joe" >
> wrote:
>
> > > wrote in message
> > ster.com...
> > >

> > > Hey, Hello!. Put that steak in a zip lock with all the air sucked out
> > > or
> > > even better vac bag it. Then thrown it in the sink and cover with luke
> > > warm water. Thaws in under an hour without damaging the texture
> > > of the meat.
> > >
> > > - -
> > > Brick said that.

> > What that old fart said. And if it's 3/4" or less (I wouldn't really
> > call
> > anything much less than 1/2" a steak) then just throw it on the grill,
> > still
> > frozen. It'll thaw just fine as it cooks.
> >
> > No, kent, a "REAL" grill

> I've not tried cooking from the frozen state and that's appealing.
> How do you time, say, pork vs. beef?
>
> I like my beef bloody rare and my pork medium well.
> --
> Peace! Om

Try it Om. For just you and your dad, you could cook them on a chimney
located on the smoker grate of your NB. You'd have to do them one at
a time, but they cook real quick, so that wouldn't matter much. If there's
any coals left burning, you could just dump them in your firebox and close
it up.

--
Brick said that.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 6-Jun-2010, Omelet > wrote:

> In article >,
> "Kent" > wrote:

.. . .

> Ps, I'm presuming that you like a bit more char on your steaks and I
> can live with that. This pic might appeal to you more. <g>:
>
> <http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...Q?feat=directl
> ink>
>
> I do like a bit of sear on pork, not so much on beef and there is a fine
> line between searing and burning my protein! ;-)
> --
> Peace! Om

Thank you, thank you Om. I never in a million years would have thought of
smoking pork chops in my offset. That picture really whipped a jones on me.
I think I'll use a Korean BBQ marinade. I really like that stuff. I just
happen
to have a bunch of chops stashed away somewhere too.

--
Brick (Too soon old and too late smart)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jun 4, 5:35*pm, tutall > wrote:
> On Jun 4, 2:14*pm, "Kent" > wrote:
>
> Charred stake:
>
> http://carverphoto.files.wordpress.c...ed-texture.jpg

That must be what you get after you burn a witch.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jun 5, 11:32*pm, Omelet > wrote:

> Ps, *I'm presuming that you like a bit more char on your steaks and I
> can live with that. This pic might appeal to you more. <g>:

Om, we hope he'll go away, please don't encourage him like this. You
don't have to be actively mean, just k/f him and be done with it,
thanks.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article . com>,
wrote:

> On 6-Jun-2010, Omelet > wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > "Kent" > wrote:

> . . .
>
> > Ps, I'm presuming that you like a bit more char on your steaks and I
> > can live with that. This pic might appeal to you more. <g>:
> >
> > <
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...Q?feat=directl
> > ink>
> >
> > I do like a bit of sear on pork, not so much on beef and there is a fine
> > line between searing and burning my protein! ;-)
> > --
> > Peace! Om

> Thank you, thank you Om. I never in a million years would have thought of
> smoking pork chops in my offset. That picture really whipped a jones on me.
> I think I'll use a Korean BBQ marinade. I really like that stuff. I just
> happen
> to have a bunch of chops stashed away somewhere too.

You are most welcome! It works well, you just have to rotate the meat
when you turn it and bring the ones furthest from the offset to that
side, and move the closest ones away from the fire. <g> The ones in the
middle are arbitrary. I do chicken parts the same way.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article
tutall > wrote:

> On Jun 5, 11:32*pm, Omelet > wrote:
>

> > Ps, *I'm presuming that you like a bit more char on your steaks and I
> > can live with that. This pic might appeal to you more. <g>:

> Om, we hope he'll go away, please don't encourage him like this. You
> don't have to be actively mean, just k/f him and be done with it,
> thanks.

Tutall luv, I made a LOT of mistakes when I first started using usenet
until I got my feet wet and grew my rhino skin. <g> I wish people had
cut ME some slack during that time when I was making an ass out of
myself.

I even had to change posting ID's to get accepted again. It also helped
that I changed ISP accounts so nobody could associate the "new" me with
the "old" stupid and idiotic me by comparing headers. I started posting
in 1996.

I am hoping that Kent will learn from his mistakes so try to give him
the benefit of the doubt. :-) It's just in me to be forgiving and
nice...
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 6-Jun-2010, Omelet > wrote:

> In article . com>,
> wrote:
>
> > On 6-Jun-2010, Omelet > wrote:
> >
> > > In article >,
> > > "Kent" > wrote:

> > . . .
> >
> > > Ps, I'm presuming that you like a bit more char on your steaks and I
> > > can live with that. This pic might appeal to you more. <g>:
> > >
> > > <
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...Q?feat=directl
> > > ink>
> > >
> > > I do like a bit of sear on pork, not so much on beef and there is a
> > > fine
> > > line between searing and burning my protein! ;-)
> > > --
> > > Peace! Om

> > Thank you, thank you Om. I never in a million years would have thought
> > of
> > smoking pork chops in my offset. That picture really whipped a jones on
> > me.
> > I think I'll use a Korean BBQ marinade. I really like that stuff. I just
> > happen
> > to have a bunch of chops stashed away somewhere too.

> You are most welcome! It works well, you just have to rotate the meat
> when you turn it and bring the ones furthest from the offset to that
> side, and move the closest ones away from the fire. <g> The ones in the
> middle are arbitrary. I do chicken parts the same way.
> --
> Peace! Om

I hear you. I have about 7 years now with this NB Silver Smoker so I have
a fair idea how it works. Seems like only last year, but I bought this thing
in May of '03.

--
Brick said that.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article
> >,
> tutall > wrote:
>
>> On Jun 5, 11:32 pm, Omelet > wrote:
>>

>> > Ps, I'm presuming that you like a bit more char on your steaks and I
>> > can live with that. This pic might appeal to you more. <g>:

>> Om, we hope he'll go away, please don't encourage him like this. You
>> don't have to be actively mean, just k/f him and be done with it,
>> thanks.

> Tutall luv, I made a LOT of mistakes when I first started using usenet
> until I got my feet wet and grew my rhino skin. <g> I wish people had
> cut ME some slack during that time when I was making an ass out of
> myself.
>
> I even had to change posting ID's to get accepted again. It also helped
> that I changed ISP accounts so nobody could associate the "new" me with
> the "old" stupid and idiotic me by comparing headers. I started posting
> in 1996.
>
> I am hoping that Kent will learn from his mistakes so try to give him
> the benefit of the doubt. :-) It's just in me to be forgiving and
> nice...

Yeah, but kent has been here longer than that, and has been being the same
ass hole from day one. At least you change your ass-holiness every now and
then, when you aren't drunk or have your drugs mixed up.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >, " Joe" >
> wrote:
>
>> > wrote in message
>> ster.com...
>> >

>> > Hey, Hello!. Put that steak in a zip lock with all the air sucked out
>> > or
>> > even better vac bag it. Then thrown it in the sink and cover with luke
>> > warm water. Thaws in under an hour without damaging the texture
>> > of the meat.
>> >
>> > - -
>> > Brick said that.

>> What that old fart said. And if it's 3/4" or less (I wouldn't really
>> call
>> anything much less than 1/2" a steak) then just throw it on the grill,
>> still
>> frozen. It'll thaw just fine as it cooks.
>>
>> No, kent, a "REAL" grill

> I've not tried cooking from the frozen state and that's appealing.
> How do you time, say, pork vs. beef?
>
> I like my beef bloody rare and my pork medium well.

I don't time and the meat can't tell time. It also depends on the fire and
the thickness of the meat. When it looks done, it usually is. Listen to
Brick. He knows.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> wrote in message
ster.com...

> On 5-Jun-2010, " Joe" > wrote:
>
>> > wrote in message
>> ster.com...
>> >

>> > Hey, Hello!. Put that steak in a zip lock with all the air sucked out
>> > or
>> > even better vac bag it. Then thrown it in the sink and cover with luke
>> > warm water. Thaws in under an hour without damaging the texture
>> > of the meat.
>> >
>> > - -
>> > Brick said that.

>> What that old fart said. And if it's 3/4" or less (I wouldn't really
>> call
>>
>> anything much less than 1/2" a steak) then just throw it on the grill,
>> still
>> frozen. It'll thaw just fine as it cooks.
>>
>> No, kent, a "REAL" grill

> There's another point I hadn't thought of in a long time, (years/decades).
> A decent way to grill a skinny steak is to throw a hard frozen skinny
> (1/2"?) steak on a ot grill. You can get that nice charred surface by the
> time the center thaws and actually achieve a blood rare (skinny) steak.
> It's been a long, long time since I brought home a skinny steak. That
> works pretty good for those slinny pork steaks

I just told om to listen to you, and here you go, making more sense on
usenet. ;-)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 6-Jun-2010, " Joe" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news

> >> ster.com...

> >> What that old fart said. And if it's 3/4" or less (I wouldn't really
> >> call
> >> anything much less than 1/2" a steak) then just throw it on the grill,
> >> still
> >> frozen. It'll thaw just fine as it cooks.
> >>
> >> No, kent, a "REAL" grill

> > I've not tried cooking from the frozen state and that's appealing.
> > How do you time, say, pork vs. beef?
> >
> > I like my beef bloody rare and my pork medium well.

> I don't time and the meat can't tell time. It also depends on the fire
> and
> the thickness of the meat. When it looks done, it usually is. Listen to
> Brick. He knows.

Yeh, pay attention. I can burn almost anything to an inedible cinder.

--
Brick (Life sux, but the alternative is even less desirable, or so 'They'
say.)

Grilled New York Steak koko General Cooking 62 10-09-2009 04:52 PM
Grilled Steak Butter Kansas Kim Barbecue 18 13-04-2006 01:21 PM
Grilled Steak and Duckie ® Recipes 0 23-09-2005 11:44 PM
Grilled Steak Duckie ® Recipes 0 06-07-2005 03:49 AM
Red Wine-Rosemary Grilled Flank Steak With Grilled Vegetables 7 Hawks Recipes 0 29-06-2005 11:50 PM