Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default What's a Grilled Steak??

own a vending company, nothing spectatular but it pays the bills, contracts
are very strict though, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> we are self employeed so the best we do is put 36 hours or so together to
>> do
>> something, anytime we are away from work we must pay someone to work for
>> us,
>> it can be done and in winter hours are greatly reduced, but even when off
>> or
>> away we are always on call,

> What do y'all do if you don't mind me asking?
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

explains why cows always look so happy, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> it is sad that herbal remedies aren't more used in mainstream medicine,
>> sorta like when my grandfather was in the nursing home, he wanted a
>> grilled
>> steak the guy across the hall wanted a cig and the guy next door wanted a
>> drink... how stupid is it to say... oh no that's bad for you.... you are
>> in
>> a nursing home therefore at the end of your journey... i say that red
>> meat,
>> cigs and booze should be free to anybody over eighty, Lee

> When I turn 80, I'll probably start eating anything I want. <g>
> The most effective herbal of the three that I tried was unfortunately
> also the illegal one. Psilocybin (aka "shrooms") has extremely valuable
> psychological effects. If you know what to look for, they grow in cow
> pastures.
>
> One of the books I read was written by a shrink and he stated that
> before they were outlawed, he'd managed to make more progress with a
> patient using them during a session in only two months than he could
> make with ordinary therapy in two years!
>
> I discussed my experience with them with one of my favorite ER MD's at
> work and he just smiled and said "they don't call them "teachers" for
> nothing. :-) He'd used them now and then when he was in Med school.
>
> OB food: Dried, they were quite tasty if one enjoys culinary mushrooms...
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

i am not much of a beef eater but in a salad like this particularily smoked
is very appealing to me, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> ave you ever made salad from the smoked beef, i mean like tuna salad only
>> with beef, my mom does this from time to time with beef and pork both but
>> prefer the beef, Lee

> Yes actually. :-)
> It's excellent!
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" > wrote:
> it is sad that herbal remedies aren't more used in mainstream medicine,
> sorta like when my grandfather was in the nursing home, he wanted a
> grilled steak the guy across the hall wanted a cig and the guy next door
> wanted a drink... how stupid is it to say... oh no that's bad for you....
> you are in a nursing home therefore at the end of your journey... i say
> that red meat, cigs and booze should be free to anybody over eighty, Lee
> [ . . . ]

My diabetician is a mainstream milligram guy. When he found out that I
control my blood sugar with Thai herbs, he said, "If it works for you, go
for it!"

I love red meat, cigs and booze!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" > wrote:
> have you ever made salad from the smoked beef, i mean like tuna salad
> only with beef, my mom does this from time to time with beef and pork
> both but i prefer the beef, Lee
> [ . . . ]

Several Thai dishes like that. But not smoked.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

i love cigs and booze, and some red meat, and i am not waitin g another
thirty years for them, Lee
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>> it is sad that herbal remedies aren't more used in mainstream medicine,
>> sorta like when my grandfather was in the nursing home, he wanted a
>> grilled steak the guy across the hall wanted a cig and the guy next door
>> wanted a drink... how stupid is it to say... oh no that's bad for you....
>> you are in a nursing home therefore at the end of your journey... i say
>> that red meat, cigs and booze should be free to anybody over eighty, Lee
>> [ . . . ]

> My diabetician is a mainstream milligram guy. When he found out that I
> control my blood sugar with Thai herbs, he said, "If it works for you, go
> for it!"
>
> I love red meat, cigs and booze!
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

the smoked beef is particularily good, especailly with fresh eggs and garlic
mayo, Lee
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>> have you ever made salad from the smoked beef, i mean like tuna salad
>> only with beef, my mom does this from time to time with beef and pork
>> both but i prefer the beef, Lee
>> [ . . . ]

> Several Thai dishes like that. But not smoked.
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
bbq > wrote:

> On 6/8/2010 12:33 PM, Omelet wrote:
>

> > I discussed my experience with them with one of my favorite ER MD's at
> > work and he just smiled and said "they don't call them "teachers" for
> > nothing. :-) He'd used them now and then when he was in Med school.
> >
> > OB food: Dried, they were quite tasty if one enjoys culinary mushrooms...

> Off work for the day for 5 minutes of testimony? Nice. The best I did
> was get paid for traveling from Bangalore, India to home. Thirty hours
> about 24 which was OT. Plus a bonus for the work I did there. But,
> there was very little raise that year to. So that made up for it...

Yeah. Going in for 1/2 of a day is not worth braving Austin traffic.
I sent a copy of the Subpoena to the boss and burned 8 hours of vacation
time.

The defendant ended up plea bargaining.

> What does OB mean? I see it frequently, when people want to have the
> post partially on topic. Never determined what it meant.

"Obligatory".

> I have had Morels once and like them. But gotta find a spot to harvest
> yourself. Very expensive if buying from the store..
>
> BBQ

Fresh, they are $40.00 per lb. around here. I've considered purchasing
some dried ones on line.<g>
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> own a vending company, nothing spectatular but it pays the bills, contracts
> are very strict though, Lee

Sounds cool. Ever thought of doing the DVD Kiosks?
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> > When I turn 80, I'll probably start eating anything I want. <g>
> > The most effective herbal of the three that I tried was unfortunately
> > also the illegal one. Psilocybin (aka "shrooms") has extremely valuable
> > psychological effects. If you know what to look for, they grow in cow
> > pastures.
> >
> > One of the books I read was written by a shrink and he stated that
> > before they were outlawed, he'd managed to make more progress with a
> > patient using them during a session in only two months than he could
> > make with ordinary therapy in two years!
> >
> > I discussed my experience with them with one of my favorite ER MD's at
> > work and he just smiled and said "they don't call them "teachers" for
> > nothing. :-) He'd used them now and then when he was in Med school.
> >
> > OB food: Dried, they were quite tasty if one enjoys culinary mushrooms...
> > --
> > Peace! Om

> explains why cows always look so happy, Lee

ROFL!! Probably true!
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

yes and the biggest issue is the credit card reader/companies get most of
the money in the end, the inentory is resuable so that's great, and if the
rentor keeps it you charge their card, but the cc cut is pretty hidious and
the readers used are dogeey quality at best, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> own a vending company, nothing spectatular but it pays the bills,
>> contracts
>> are very strict though, Lee

> Sounds cool. Ever thought of doing the DVD Kiosks?
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 6/8/2010 8:04 PM, Omelet wrote:
> In >,
> > wrote:
>
>> On 6/8/2010 12:33 PM, Omelet wrote:
>>

>>> I discussed my experience with them with one of my favorite ER MD's at
>>> work and he just smiled and said "they don't call them "teachers" for
>>> nothing. :-) He'd used them now and then when he was in Med school.
>>>
>>> OB food: Dried, they were quite tasty if one enjoys culinary mushrooms...

>> Off work for the day for 5 minutes of testimony? Nice. The best I did
>> was get paid for traveling from Bangalore, India to home. Thirty hours
>> about 24 which was OT. Plus a bonus for the work I did there. But,
>> there was very little raise that year to. So that made up for it...

> Yeah. Going in for 1/2 of a day is not worth braving Austin traffic.
> I sent a copy of the Subpoena to the boss and burned 8 hours of vacation
> time.
>
> The defendant ended up plea bargaining.

LOL, The attorney or defendant thinks they can scare the prosecutor !!
And give you a headache !!!

>> What does OB mean? I see it frequently, when people want to have the
>> post partially on topic. Never determined what it meant.

> "Obligatory".

Thanks.

>> I have had Morels once and like them. But gotta find a spot to harvest
>> yourself. Very expensive if buying from the store..
>>
>> BBQ

> Fresh, they are $40.00 per lb. around here. I've considered purchasing
> some dried ones on line.<g>

Well after a good rain, go find a woody area and look near fallen trees
I think...

BBQ
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
> > In article >,
> > "Stormmee" > wrote:
> >
> >> own a vending company, nothing spectatular but it pays the bills,
> >> contracts
> >> are very strict though, Lee

> > Sounds cool. Ever thought of doing the DVD Kiosks?
> >

> yes and the biggest issue is the credit card reader/companies get most of
> the money in the end, the inentory is resuable so that's great, and if the
> rentor keeps it you charge their card, but the cc cut is pretty hidious and
> the readers used are dogeey quality at best, Lee

I was just curious about them as I see them a lot. :-)
I've never actually rented from one. Thanks!
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

> yes and the biggest issue is the credit card reader/companies get most of
> the money in the end, the inentory is resuable so that's great, and if the
> rentor keeps it you charge their card, but the cc cut is pretty hidious and
> the readers used are dogeey quality at best, Lee

Have you ever noticed that when some reply to your message, they move it
to the bottom?

Please interleave your response or start your reply below the message.
This makes it much easier for others to follow what it is your replying to.

Most newsreaders have an option so that you when you reply it
automatically starts at the bottom.

Thanks
BBQ
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
bbq > wrote:

> > The defendant ended up plea bargaining.
> >

> LOL, The attorney or defendant thinks they can scare the prosecutor !!
> And give you a headache !!!

They obviously do not understand prosecuters with irrevocable evidence,
like a .3 blood alcohol level. <g> Plus it was not going to be a jury
trial...

> >> What does OB mean? I see it frequently, when people want to have the
> >> post partially on topic. Never determined what it meant.

> > "Obligatory".
> >

> Thanks.

Cheers!

> >> I have had Morels once and like them. But gotta find a spot to harvest
> >> yourself. Very expensive if buying from the store..
> >>
> >> BBQ

> > Fresh, they are $40.00 per lb. around here. I've considered purchasing
> > some dried ones on line.<g>

> Well after a good rain, go find a woody area and look near fallen trees
> I think...
>
> BBQ

I understand too that ashes (burn sites) are good for them?
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 6/8/2010 9:11 PM, Omelet wrote:
> In >,
> > wrote:
>
>>> The defendant ended up plea bargaining.
>>>

>> LOL, The attorney or defendant thinks they can scare the prosecutor !!
>> And give you a headache !!!

> They obviously do not understand prosecuters with irrevocable evidence,
> like a .3 blood alcohol level.<g> Plus it was not going to be a jury
> trial...

LOL, defendant probably didn't have the $$$ for Jury trial. Attorney
will try and take up at LEAST 1 day arguing who is on the jury, then
another day for trial..

..3 is quite intoxicated. You're not suppose to be able to walk well at
that BAC are you?

Here, at .2 or above you are assigned special plates. Don't know how
long they have to display them. Driver is not allowed to drive any
other car.

But cops just can't pull you over because of the plates. That went to
the supreme court. The supreme court said they still needed a 'reason'.

BBQ
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
bbq > wrote:

> On 6/8/2010 9:11 PM, Omelet wrote:

> >> LOL, The attorney or defendant thinks they can scare the prosecutor !!
> >> And give you a headache !!!

> > They obviously do not understand prosecuters with irrevocable evidence,
> > like a .3 blood alcohol level.<g> Plus it was not going to be a jury
> > trial...
> >

> LOL, defendant probably didn't have the $$$ for Jury trial. Attorney
> will try and take up at LEAST 1 day arguing who is on the jury, then
> another day for trial..
>
> .3 is quite intoxicated. You're not suppose to be able to walk well at
> that BAC are you?

Depends probably on how used to being intoxicated one is. <g>

> Here, at .2 or above you are assigned special plates. Don't know how
> long they have to display them. Driver is not allowed to drive any
> other car.
>
> But cops just can't pull you over because of the plates. That went to
> the supreme court. The supreme court said they still needed a 'reason'.
>
> BBQ

Tell that to the local cops.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

bbq > wrote:
> > yes and the biggest issue is the credit card reader/companies get most
> > of the money in the end, the inentory is resuable so that's great, and
> > if the rentor keeps it you charge their card, but the cc cut is pretty
> > hidious and the readers used are dogeey quality at best, Lee

> Have you ever noticed that when some reply to your message, they move it
> to the bottom?
>
> Please interleave your response or start your reply below the message.
> This makes it much easier for others to follow what it is your replying
> to.
>
> Most newsreaders have an option so that you when you reply it
> automatically starts at the bottom.
>
> Thanks

We've been down this road before, Rick. As I recall, Lee has special needs.
Unfortunately, Granby gave up after some severe Net Nannying.

Keep doin' what you do, Lee. I think you're a valuable poster.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

are pretty safe for the rentor, and in fact you might not even be charged at
all, the readers just aren't where they should be, if you do decide to rent
use the "red box" as they seem to have the most relaible software/hardware i
have researched. Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> "Omelet" > wrote in message
>> news

>> > Sounds cool. Ever thought of doing the DVD Kiosks?
>> >

>> yes and the biggest issue is the credit card reader/companies get most of
>> the money in the end, the inentory is resuable so that's great, and if
>> the
>> rentor keeps it you charge their card, but the cc cut is pretty hidious
>> and
>> the readers used are dogeey quality at best, Lee

> I was just curious about them as I see them a lot. :-)
> I've never actually rented from one. Thanks!
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

if you would like to discuss this please email me privately and i will
explain whatever you would like, I am sorry and don't mean to be rude but i
no longer discuss this in the group proper as it takes up too much space,
Lee
"bbq" > wrote in message

>> yes and the biggest issue is the credit card reader/companies get most of
>> the money in the end, the inentory is resuable so that's great, and if
>> the
>> rentor keeps it you charge their card, but the cc cut is pretty hidious
>> and
>> the readers used are dogeey quality at best, Lee

> Have you ever noticed that when some reply to your message, they move it
> to the bottom?
>
> Please interleave your response or start your reply below the message.
> This makes it much easier for others to follow what it is your replying
> to.
>
> Most newsreaders have an option so that you when you reply it
> automatically starts at the bottom.
>
> Thanks
> BBQ

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

thanks nick i have offered to explain privately, btw the Gramby is doing
well, Lee
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> bbq > wrote:
>> > yes and the biggest issue is the credit card reader/companies get most
>> > of the money in the end, the inentory is resuable so that's great, and
>> > if the rentor keeps it you charge their card, but the cc cut is pretty
>> > hidious and the readers used are dogeey quality at best, Lee

>> Have you ever noticed that when some reply to your message, they move it
>> to the bottom?
>>
>> Please interleave your response or start your reply below the message.
>> This makes it much easier for others to follow what it is your replying
>> to.
>>
>> Most newsreaders have an option so that you when you reply it
>> automatically starts at the bottom.
>>
>> Thanks

> We've been down this road before, Rick. As I recall, Lee has special
> needs.
> Unfortunately, Granby gave up after some severe Net Nannying.
>
> Keep doin' what you do, Lee. I think you're a valuable poster.
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> are pretty safe for the rentor, and in fact you might not even be charged at
> all, the readers just aren't where they should be, if you do decide to rent
> use the "red box" as they seem to have the most relaible software/hardware i
> have researched. Lee

Thanks! They seem to be the most popular locally.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" > wrote:
> thanks nick i have offered to explain privately, btw the Gramby is doing
> well, Lee
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> [ . . . ]
> > Unfortunately, Granby gave up after some severe Net Nannying.
> >
> > Keep doin' what you do, Lee. I think you're a valuable poster.

Say hi to Granby for me. I was just getting to like her. ;-)

BTW Start sentences with a capital letter. My name, too! Arrrgh!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Picky picky... that is mostly lazyness on my part... I get to typing fast
enough I don't reach for the caps key... which is better than the day the
cat put on the caps lock and the SR didn't tellme... Lee
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>> thanks nick i have offered to explain privately, btw the Gramby is doing
>> well, Lee
>> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>> [ . . . ]
>> > Unfortunately, Granby gave up after some severe Net Nannying.
>> >
>> > Keep doin' what you do, Lee. I think you're a valuable poster.

> Say hi to Granby for me. I was just getting to like her. ;-)
>
> BTW Start sentences with a capital letter. My name, too! Arrrgh!
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nick Cramer wrote:
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>> thanks nick i have offered to explain privately, btw the Gramby is
>> doing well, Lee
>> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>> [ . . . ]
>>> Unfortunately, Granby gave up after some severe Net Nannying.
>>>
>>> Keep doin' what you do, Lee. I think you're a valuable poster.

> Say hi to Granby for me. I was just getting to like her. ;-)
>
> BTW Start sentences with a capital letter. My name, too! Arrrgh!

Net anarchists don't care about such things, Nick. Nor with punctuation.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

dontcareaboutmuchdotheydave
On Jun 9, 12:35*pm, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:
> > "Stormmee" > wrote:
> >> thanks nick i have offered to explain privately, btw the Gramby is
> >> doing well, Lee
> >> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> >> [ . . . ]

> > Say hi to Granby for me. I was just getting to like her. ;-)

> > BTW Start sentences with a capital letter. My name, too! Arrrgh!

> Net anarchists don't care about such things, Nick. Nor with punctuation.
>
> --
> Dave
> What is best in life? * *"To crush your enemies, see them driven before
> you, and to hear the lamentation of the women." -- Conan

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" > wrote:
> Picky picky... that is mostly lazyness on my part... I get to typing fast
> enough I don't reach for the caps key... which is better than the day the
> cat put on the caps lock and the SR didn't tellme... Lee
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> > [ . . . ]
> > BTW Start sentences with a capital letter. My name, too! Arrrgh!

Heh heh! I touch type, so I don't even notice when I hit the Shift key.
I've never had a cat and all my dogs were too big to get on the keyboard!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

i currently have too many cats, want one???

i do a version of touch typing but since i can't see the keys/ or glance
down one or two fingers stay ancored...

the latest cat bad is that one of the little ones, seven pounds decided to
jump from the top of the book case, onto the desk... DH doesn't keep the
keyboard under on the tray he sets it on the desk... she landed full force
on the corner of the keyboard. result is that it no lnger has two prop up
legs, just one.

Lee
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>> Picky picky... that is mostly lazyness on my part... I get to typing fast
>> enough I don't reach for the caps key... which is better than the day the
>> cat put on the caps lock and the SR didn't tellme... Lee
>> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>> > [ . . . ]
>> > BTW Start sentences with a capital letter. My name, too! Arrrgh!

> Heh heh! I touch type, so I don't even notice when I hit the Shift key.
> I've never had a cat and all my dogs were too big to get on the keyboard!
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote:
> Nick Cramer wrote:
> > [ . . . ]
> > BTW Start sentences with a capital letter. My name, too! Arrrgh!

> Net anarchists don't care about such things, Nick. Nor with punctuation.

The "Arrrgh!" was a ;-D.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

i knew that, Lee
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Dave Bugg" > wrote:
>> Nick Cramer wrote:
>> > [ . . . ]
>> > BTW Start sentences with a capital letter. My name, too! Arrrgh!

>> Net anarchists don't care about such things, Nick. Nor with punctuation.

> The "Arrrgh!" was a ;-D.
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" > wrote:
> i currently have too many cats, want one???
>
> i do a version of touch typing but since i can't see the keys/ or glance
> down one or two fingers stay ancored...
>
> the latest cat bad is that one of the little ones, seven pounds decided
> to jump from the top of the book case, onto the desk... DH doesn't keep
> the keyboard under on the tray he sets it on the desk... she landed full
> force on the corner of the keyboard. result is that it no lnger has two
> prop up legs, just one.

[]

I've had dogs since 1942. Thanks, but no thanks, for the cat offer.

Learned touch typing in 1948. Look at what you're copying or the output
(paper or monitor). NEVER look at the keys! Cutting mimeo stencils was fun!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" > wrote:
> i knew that, Lee
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> >>
> >> Net anarchists don't care about such things, Nick. Nor with
> >> punctuation.

> > The "Arrrgh!" was a ;-D.

Dave knew it, too, Lee. He was just pulling my chain, as old friends are
wont ot do. ;-)

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

he can pull whatever he wants on you as long as he keeps despinsing good bbq
advice, Lee
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>> i knew that, Lee

>> > The "Arrrgh!" was a ;-D.

> Dave knew it, too, Lee. He was just pulling my chain, as old friends are
> wont ot do. ;-)
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Omelet > wrote:

> In article >,
> bbq > wrote:
>
> > On 6/8/2010 12:33 PM, Omelet wrote:
> >

> > > I discussed my experience with them with one of my favorite ER MD's at
> > > work and he just smiled and said "they don't call them "teachers" for
> > > nothing. :-) He'd used them now and then when he was in Med school.
> > >
> > > OB food: Dried, they were quite tasty if one enjoys culinary mushrooms...

> > Off work for the day for 5 minutes of testimony? Nice. The best I did
> > was get paid for traveling from Bangalore, India to home. Thirty hours
> > about 24 which was OT. Plus a bonus for the work I did there. But,
> > there was very little raise that year to. So that made up for it...

> Yeah. Going in for 1/2 of a day is not worth braving Austin traffic.
> I sent a copy of the Subpoena to the boss and burned 8 hours of vacation
> time.
>
> The defendant ended up plea bargaining.
>

> > What does OB mean? I see it frequently, when people want to have the
> > post partially on topic. Never determined what it meant.

> "Obligatory".
>

> > I have had Morels once and like them. But gotta find a spot to harvest
> > yourself. Very expensive if buying from the store..
> >
> > BBQ

> Fresh, they are $40.00 per lb. around here. I've considered purchasing
> some dried ones on line.<g>

Wait for a forest fire, then check it out the following Fall. It's your
best chance.
--
- Billy
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/2/maude
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Omelet > wrote:

> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
> > it is sad that herbal remedies aren't more used in mainstream medicine,
> > sorta like when my grandfather was in the nursing home, he wanted a
> > grilled
> > steak the guy across the hall wanted a cig and the guy next door wanted a
> > drink... how stupid is it to say... oh no that's bad for you.... you are in
> > a nursing home therefore at the end of your journey... i say that red meat,
> > cigs and booze should be free to anybody over eighty, Lee

> When I turn 80, I'll probably start eating anything I want. <g>
> The most effective herbal of the three that I tried was unfortunately
> also the illegal one. Psilocybin (aka "shrooms") has extremely valuable
> psychological effects. If you know what to look for, they grow in cow
> pastures.
>
> One of the books I read was written by a shrink and he stated that
> before they were outlawed, he'd managed to make more progress with a
> patient using them during a session in only two months than he could
> make with ordinary therapy in two years!
>
> I discussed my experience with them with one of my favorite ER MD's at
> work and he just smiled and said "they don't call them "teachers" for
> nothing. :-) He'd used them now and then when he was in Med school.
>
> OB food: Dried, they were quite tasty if one enjoys culinary mushrooms...

Sorry I'm so late.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...treat-terminal
ly-ill-patients-clinical-trials.html
LSD used to treat terminally ill patients in clinical trials
Psychedelic drugs including LSD could be used to help patients with
terminal illnesses or cancer, it has been revealed.

No reason that this couldn't be extended to loss.

We all learn shorthand ways of looking at reality.

Or as Robin Williams used to say,"Reality, what a concept."
--
- Billy
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/2/maude
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/6/2...al_crime_scene

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article
Billy > wrote:

> > Fresh, they are $40.00 per lb. around here. I've considered purchasing
> > some dried ones on line.<g>

> Wait for a forest fire, then check it out the following Fall. It's your
> best chance.
> --
> - Billy

There are no forests anywhere near me. <g>
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article
Billy > wrote:

> Sorry I'm so late.

Better late than never. ;-)

> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/ar...treat-terminal
> ly-ill-patients-clinical-trials.html
> LSD used to treat terminally ill patients in clinical trials
> Psychedelic drugs including LSD could be used to help patients with
> terminal illnesses or cancer, it has been revealed.
>
> No reason that this couldn't be extended to loss.
>
> We all learn shorthand ways of looking at reality.
>
> Or as Robin Williams used to say,"Reality, what a concept."
> --
> - Billy

It works.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Omelet > wrote:

> In article
> >,
> Billy > wrote:
>
> > > Fresh, they are $40.00 per lb. around here. I've considered purchasing
> > > some dried ones on line.<g>

> > Wait for a forest fire, then check it out the following Fall. It's your
> > best chance.
> > --
> > - Billy

> There are no forests anywhere near me. <g>

You might wander around Bastrop Park in the morning, after the first
fall rain. You may not find morels, but boletus (porcini), and
chanterelles are easy enough to pick out. Looks like some wooded areas
west of New Brounfels too. I have to drive at least 40 - 60 min to good
locations. Problem is that there are more pickers than shrooms, and by 7
AM the forest floor looks like someone had come through with a
rototiller (small exaggeration;O). Still, if you watch the leaves for
those odd bumps in the leaf litter, you occasionally get lucky. Dried
porcini are expensive, but good. One little Italian store here, "Napa
Valley Olive Oil Factory", in St. Helena, carries porcini-like (pore)
shrooms from Oz for about half to three-quarters the price of the real
deal.
Other people must carry them too.

I guess fires help morels but aren't necessary. Austin Creek it says.
<http://www.morels.com/blog/?cat=11>
--
- Billy
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/7/2/maude
http://www.democracynow.org/2010/6/2...al_crime_scene
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article
Billy > wrote:

> > There are no forests anywhere near me. <g>

> You might wander around Bastrop Park in the morning, after the first
> fall rain.

Ok, you win. Bastrop counts as forest! There are also forested areas
near Houston.

> You may not find morels, but boletus (porcini), and
> chanterelles are easy enough to pick out. Looks like some wooded areas
> west of New Brounfels too.

Really? I've driven quite a distance West of New Braunfels and that
turns in to Sonora desert between here and El Paso. Cedar woods maybe
but I've not seen pine.

> I have to drive at least 40 - 60 min to good
> locations. Problem is that there are more pickers than shrooms, and by 7
> AM the forest floor looks like someone had come through with a
> rototiller (small exaggeration;O). Still, if you watch the leaves for
> those odd bumps in the leaf litter, you occasionally get lucky. Dried
> porcini are expensive, but good. One little Italian store here, "Napa
> Valley Olive Oil Factory", in St. Helena, carries porcini-like (pore)
> shrooms from Oz for about half to three-quarters the price of the real
> deal.
> Other people must carry them too.
>
> I guess fires help morels but aren't necessary. Austin Creek it says.
> <http://www.morels.com/blog/?cat=11>
> --
> - Billy

Huh! I will have to check there, thanks. Just watch out for false
morels as they are toxic.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Mon, 05 Jul 2010 01:08:08 -0500, Omelet wrote:
>
> > In article
> > >,

> >> You might wander around Bastrop Park in the morning, after the first
> >> fall rain.

> > Ok, you win. Bastrop counts as forest! There are also forested areas
> > near Houston.

> I don't know what *you're* talking about ... there are plenty of
> forrested areas in Austin. And I"m not talking about clumps of
> cedar.
>
> Nevermind. It's not worth it.
>
> -sw

Where? I've not seen large stands pine trees in the Austin area...
Oak and Cedar yes, but to me, those are not forests.
--
Peace! Om

Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Grilled New York Steak koko General Cooking 62 10-09-2009 04:52 PM
Grilled Steak Butter Kansas Kim Barbecue 18 13-04-2006 01:21 PM
Grilled Steak and Duckie ® Recipes 0 23-09-2005 11:44 PM
Grilled Steak Duckie ® Recipes 0 06-07-2005 03:49 AM
Red Wine-Rosemary Grilled Flank Steak With Grilled Vegetables 7 Hawks Recipes 0 29-06-2005 11:50 PM