Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default What's a Grilled Steak??

In article >, " Joe" >
wrote:

> > Tutall luv, I made a LOT of mistakes when I first started using usenet
> > until I got my feet wet and grew my rhino skin. <g> I wish people had
> > cut ME some slack during that time when I was making an ass out of
> > myself.
> >
> > I even had to change posting ID's to get accepted again. It also helped
> > that I changed ISP accounts so nobody could associate the "new" me with
> > the "old" stupid and idiotic me by comparing headers. I started posting
> > in 1996.
> >
> > I am hoping that Kent will learn from his mistakes so try to give him
> > the benefit of the doubt. :-) It's just in me to be forgiving and
> > nice...

> Yeah, but kent has been here longer than that, and has been being the same
> ass hole from day one. At least you change your ass-holiness every now and
> then, when you aren't drunk or have your drugs mixed up.

I do drink but I don't use mind altering drugs anymore and have not
since the day after the last Bush election. ;-)

My last bout of moronic behavior was due to a rather bad combination of
PMS and going thru menopause... and I admit that I got pretty bad for a
couple of weeks with twitwillinger who is now permanently killfiled.

I apologize for that.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >, " Joe" >
wrote:

> > I've not tried cooking from the frozen state and that's appealing.
> > How do you time, say, pork vs. beef?
> >
> > I like my beef bloody rare and my pork medium well.

> I don't time and the meat can't tell time. It also depends on the fire and
> the thickness of the meat. When it looks done, it usually is. Listen to
> Brick. He knows.

Well, it's taken me awhile to make decent coals today so the 1" thick
pork chops are pretty much thawed, as are the Keilbasa (or however it's
spelled) and I just put on more wood a bit ago.

Yeah, I generally just pay attention to the pit temp. and time
accordingly, just like I wood if I was using the oven. <g>

And I check it periodically.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jun 6, 11:43*am, Omelet > wrote:

> > > Tutall luv, I made a LOT of mistakes when I first started using usenet
> > > until I got my feet wet and grew my rhino skin. <g> *I wish people had
> > > cut ME some slack during that time when I was making an ass out of
> > > myself.

> > > I even had to change posting ID's to get accepted again. *It also helped
> > > that I changed ISP accounts so nobody could associate the "new" me with
> > > the "old" stupid and idiotic me by comparing headers. I started posting
> > > in 1996.

> > > I am hoping that Kent will learn from his mistakes so try to give him
> > > the benefit of the doubt. :-) *It's just in me to be forgiving and
> > > nice...

> > Yeah, but kent has been here longer than that, and has been being the same
> > ass hole from day one. *At least you change your ass-holiness every now and
> > then, when you aren't drunk or have your drugs mixed up.

> I do drink but I don't use mind altering drugs anymore and have not
> since the day after the last Bush election. ;-)
>
> My last bout of moronic behavior was due to a rather bad combination of
> PMS and going thru menopause... and I admit that I got pretty bad for a
> couple of weeks with twitwillinger who is now permanently killfiled.
>
> I apologize for that.
> --

Anyway, back to the point at hand, time isn't adding any new grey
cells to Kent's mind, just addling them more. He's incurable, accept
that fact, and please don't encourage him or make him feel welcome
when the rest of us want to be quit of him. If you want to interact
with him, do it at RFC, thanks.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...kQ?feat=direct

> > > Thank you, thank you Om. I never in a million years would have thought
> > > of
> > > smoking pork chops in my offset. That picture really whipped a jones on
> > > me.
> > > I think I'll use a Korean BBQ marinade. I really like that stuff. I just
> > > happen
> > > to have a bunch of chops stashed away somewhere too.

> > You are most welcome! It works well, you just have to rotate the meat
> > when you turn it and bring the ones furthest from the offset to that
> > side, and move the closest ones away from the fire. <g> The ones in the
> > middle are arbitrary. I do chicken parts the same way.
> > --
> > Peace! Om

> I hear you. I have about 7 years now with this NB Silver Smoker so I have
> a fair idea how it works. Seems like only last year, but I bought this thing
> in May of '03.

My temp is hanging around 325 at the moment and the timer is set for 20
minutes...
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article
tutall > wrote:

> Anyway, back to the point at hand, time isn't adding any new grey
> cells to Kent's mind, just addling them more. He's incurable, accept
> that fact, and please don't encourage him or make him feel welcome
> when the rest of us want to be quit of him. If you want to interact
> with him, do it at RFC, thanks.

I don't always pay attention to whom I am answering...
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Omelet wrote:

> Tutall luv, I made a LOT of mistakes when I first started using usenet
> until I got my feet wet and grew my rhino skin. <g> I wish people had
> cut ME some slack during that time when I was making an ass out of
> myself.
>
> I even had to change posting ID's to get accepted again. It also
> helped that I changed ISP accounts so nobody could associate the
> "new" me with the "old" stupid and idiotic me by comparing headers. I
> started posting in 1996.
>
> I am hoping that Kent will learn from his mistakes so try to give him
> the benefit of the doubt. :-) It's just in me to be forgiving and
> nice...

Kent is no newbie, Om, he has been doing this for years. He has provided
dangerous advice. He hanrangues, nitpicks, and argues issues into prodigious
tedium. He has attempted to change his identity in an attempt to escape a
bad reputation, but he is so predictable that he is quickly found out. A
newsgroup has very few effective disciplines for repeatedly noxious
participants: killfile them, ignore them, or get in their face so that new
participants know who the outcasts are.

Just to test Kent, I cautiously gave him the "benefit of the doubt". Nope,
no go. Within a short period of time he had backslidden into the
anal-retentive, haranguing dick he has always been.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Dave Bugg" > wrote:

> Kent is no newbie, Om, he has been doing this for years. He has provided
> dangerous advice. He hanrangues, nitpicks, and argues issues into prodigious
> tedium. He has attempted to change his identity in an attempt to escape a
> bad reputation, but he is so predictable that he is quickly found out. A
> newsgroup has very few effective disciplines for repeatedly noxious
> participants: killfile them, ignore them, or get in their face so that new
> participants know who the outcasts are.
>
> Just to test Kent, I cautiously gave him the "benefit of the doubt". Nope,
> no go. Within a short period of time he had backslidden into the
> anal-retentive, haranguing dick he has always been.
>
> --
> Dave

Thanks Dave.

If someone is incapable of learning...
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 6/6/2010 12:38 PM, Joe wrote:
> > wrote in message

>> I am hoping that Kent will learn from his mistakes so try to give him
>> the benefit of the doubt. :-) It's just in me to be forgiving and
>> nice...

> Yeah, but kent has been here longer than that, and has been being the same
> ass hole from day one. At least you change your ass-holiness every now and
> then, when you aren't drunk or have your drugs mixed up.

Geez Joe, I have known her from ABF for 5 years, and have never seen her
in an asshole mood. If she is drunk or on drugs, it certainly isn't
noticeable to me...

BBQ

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
bbq > wrote:

> On 6/6/2010 11:21 AM, Omelet wrote:

> >> Try it Om. For just you and your dad, you could cook them on a chimney
> >> located on the smoker grate of your NB. You'd have to do them one at
> >> a time, but they cook real quick, so that wouldn't matter much. If there's
> >> any coals left burning, you could just dump them in your firebox and close
> >> it up.

> > I will. I just started my fire box about 1/2 hour ago and got those
> > frozen pork steaks out of the freezer. They are 1" thick tho'. There
> > are 14 of them. I like to cook a lot of meat on weekends to last out
> > the week.<g>
> >
> > They were $1.49 per lb.

> So organized, cooking a weeks worth at a time. I might cook 2 days
> maybe 3 days worth. But after 3 days, I really am wanting something
> else. Of course, the steaks or chops to, can be cut up and used in a
> stir fry or chop suey to.

That is the general idea. <g> Smoked meats are good for salads,
sandwiches, omelets and quick stir fry's. Salads and omelets being the
two most common things I use it for.

> When I grill frozen meat, I will cook them indirect until thawed then
> move to the hotter part of the fire for the grilling.

Makes sense!

> I like steaks
> medium though and that works good. Those of you who like rare, not sure
> how well it would work.
>
> BBQ

Experimentation is not a bad thing... I can always find ways to use
overcooked meat if I fail!

Right now I'm using up the last of the coals smoking some Kielbasas.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
bbq > wrote:

> On 6/6/2010 12:38 PM, Joe wrote:
> > > wrote in message

> >> I am hoping that Kent will learn from his mistakes so try to give him
> >> the benefit of the doubt. :-) It's just in me to be forgiving and
> >> nice...

> > Yeah, but kent has been here longer than that, and has been being the same
> > ass hole from day one. At least you change your ass-holiness every now and
> > then, when you aren't drunk or have your drugs mixed up.
> >

> Geez Joe, I have known her from ABF for 5 years, and have never seen her
> in an asshole mood. If she is drunk or on drugs, it certainly isn't
> noticeable to me...
>
> BBQ

I suspect who "Joe" really is and he's been picking on me for awhile. ;-)
I don't let it get to me...

and, thank you!
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

tutall > wrote:
> On Jun 5, 11:32=A0pm, Omelet > wrote:

> > Ps, I'm presuming that you like a bit more char on your steaks and I
> > can live with that. This pic might appeal to you more. <g>:

> Om, we hope he'll go away, please don't encourage him like this. You
> don't have to be actively mean, just k/f him and be done with it,
> thanks.

The only being in my Bozo Bin longer than K*nt is the late KSW.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 6/6/2010 5:21 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> > wrote:
>> On Jun 5, 11:32=A0pm, > wrote:

>>> Ps, I'm presuming that you like a bit more char on your steaks and I
>>> can live with that. This pic might appeal to you more.<g>:

>> Om, we hope he'll go away, please don't encourage him like this. You
>> don't have to be actively mean, just k/f him and be done with it,
>> thanks.

> The only being in my Bozo Bin longer than K*nt is the late KSW.

My Bozo Bin has been empty for a while. Don't think KSW was ever in
there. But sometimes threads he was involved in, I had in ignore status.

BBQ

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
bbq > wrote:

> On 6/6/2010 5:21 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> > > wrote:

> >> Om, we hope he'll go away, please don't encourage him like this. You
> >> don't have to be actively mean, just k/f him and be done with it,
> >> thanks.

> > The only being in my Bozo Bin longer than K*nt is the late KSW.
> >

> My Bozo Bin has been empty for a while. Don't think KSW was ever in
> there. But sometimes threads he was involved in, I had in ignore status.
>
> BBQ

I actually kf more subjects than I do authors as well. ;-)
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> Kent is no newbie, Om, he has been doing this for years. He has provided
> dangerous advice. He hanrangues, nitpicks, and argues issues into
> prodigious tedium.

kent was very patient with me in explaining how a 500° baking stone could
absorb moisture from a pizza crust.

joe

petersburg (living the dream) alaska

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article ications>,
"just joe" > wrote:

> > Kent is no newbie, Om, he has been doing this for years. He has provided
> > dangerous advice. He hanrangues, nitpicks, and argues issues into
> > prodigious tedium.

> kent was very patient with me in explaining how a 500° baking stone could
> absorb moisture from a pizza crust.
>

> joe
>
> petersburg (living the dream) alaska

So I read... <lol>

Guess he still has some learning to do, IF HE WILL LISTEN!
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jun 6, 4:57*pm, Omelet > wrote:
> In article ications>,

> > kent was very patient with me in explaining how a 500° baking stone could
> > absorb moisture from a pizza crust.

> So I read... <lol>
>
> Guess he still has some learning to do, IF HE WILL LISTEN!

That he still posts here shows definitively that HE DOESN'T, EVER.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"bbq" > wrote in message
> On 6/6/2010 12:38 PM, Joe wrote:
>> > wrote in message

>>> I am hoping that Kent will learn from his mistakes so try to give him
>>> the benefit of the doubt. :-) It's just in me to be forgiving and
>>> nice...

>> Yeah, but kent has been here longer than that, and has been being the
>> same
>> ass hole from day one. At least you change your ass-holiness every now
>> and
>> then, when you aren't drunk or have your drugs mixed up.
>>

> Geez Joe, I have known her from ABF for 5 years, and have never seen her
> in an asshole mood. If she is drunk or on drugs, it certainly isn't
> noticeable to me...
>
> BBQ

You haven't read rec.food.cooking have you?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 6/6/2010 8:13 PM, Joe wrote:
> > wrote in message

>>> Yeah, but kent has been here longer than that, and has been being the
>>> same
>>> ass hole from day one. At least you change your ass-holiness every now
>>> and
>>> then, when you aren't drunk or have your drugs mixed up.
>>>

>> Geez Joe, I have known her from ABF for 5 years, and have never seen her
>> in an asshole mood. If she is drunk or on drugs, it certainly isn't
>> noticeable to me...
>>
>> BBQ

> You haven't read rec.food.cooking have you?

No. Have been there occasionally, but don't actively participate.

BBQ
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >, " Joe" >
wrote:

> >> Yeah, but kent has been here longer than that, and has been being the
> >> same
> >> ass hole from day one. At least you change your ass-holiness every now
> >> and
> >> then, when you aren't drunk or have your drugs mixed up.
> >>

> > Geez Joe, I have known her from ABF for 5 years, and have never seen her
> > in an asshole mood. If she is drunk or on drugs, it certainly isn't
> > noticeable to me...
> >
> > BBQ

> You haven't read rec.food.cooking have you?

Obviously he smarter than both of us. <grins>
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 6 Jun 2010 15:36:53 -0800, just joe wrote:

> kent was very patient with me in explaining how a 500° baking stone could
> absorb moisture from a pizza crust.

I missed that one. But those pizza stone threads, like the char
rare steak and the wet cured Smithfiled ham threads kinda got old.
Oh, and the cold smoker. I think those are his only 4 hangups,
but they get a *lot* of mileage.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

we don't get days off we just "take a few hours" but dh makes killer lasagna
and sauces and i do most of the bean and soup dishes... we do it a lot
during the winter when the house is tolerant of the oven... we are working
our way into food saverness and i am hoping some day to food saver/freez
things like asparagus for the winter... wish i could do strawberries, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> "Omelet" > wrote in message
>> news

>> > I will. I just started my fire box about 1/2 hour ago and got those
>> > frozen pork steaks out of the freezer. They are 1" thick tho'. There
>> > are 14 of them. I like to cook a lot of meat on weekends to last out
>> > the week. <g>
>> >
>> > They were $1.49 per lb.

>> bulk cooking is a godsend, Lee

> <lol> Too true! And days off are the time for it...
> Smoked meat has a number of uses.
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

thats like my issue with cross posting, its several key strokes for me to
look at that, so i don't, i just hit alt right arrow and read the next
message, i figure most of the groups i read will get rid of the cross posts
early on, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article
> >,
> tutall > wrote:
>
>> Anyway, back to the point at hand, time isn't adding any new grey
>> cells to Kent's mind, just addling them more. He's incurable, accept
>> that fact, and please don't encourage him or make him feel welcome
>> when the rest of us want to be quit of him. If you want to interact
>> with him, do it at RFC, thanks.

> I don't always pay attention to whom I am answering...
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

you know i fyour demeanor is indicitive of drug use, i may have to
reconsider my non use, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> bbq > wrote:

>> > Yeah, but kent has been here longer than that, and has been being the
>> > same
>> > ass hole from day one. At least you change your ass-holiness every now
>> > and
>> > then, when you aren't drunk or have your drugs mixed up.
>> >

>> Geez Joe, I have known her from ABF for 5 years, and have never seen her
>> in an asshole mood. If she is drunk or on drugs, it certainly isn't
>> noticeable to me...
>>
>> BBQ

> I suspect who "Joe" really is and he's been picking on me for awhile. ;-)
> I don't let it get to me...
>
> and, thank you!
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

that group is only for when i need to feel grateful for my life and its
current conditions, way too much noise for me, good recipes if you can find
them, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >, " Joe" >
> wrote:

>> > Geez Joe, I have known her from ABF for 5 years, and have never seen
>> > her
>> > in an asshole mood. If she is drunk or on drugs, it certainly isn't
>> > noticeable to me...
>> >
>> > BBQ

>> You haven't read rec.food.cooking have you?

> Obviously he smarter than both of us. <grins>
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

one thing about bulk cooking, is that you need to make things you can store
and use later, be it meat or things like lasagna, if you don't plan on
eating what you smoke that week then you plan for things like stir fry and
cut/package acordingly, Lee
"bbq" > wrote in message
> On 6/6/2010 11:21 AM, Omelet wrote:

>>> Try it Om. For just you and your dad, you could cook them on a chimney
>>> located on the smoker grate of your NB. You'd have to do them one at
>>> a time, but they cook real quick, so that wouldn't matter much. If
>>> there's
>>> any coals left burning, you could just dump them in your firebox and
>>> close
>>> it up.

>> I will. I just started my fire box about 1/2 hour ago and got those
>> frozen pork steaks out of the freezer. They are 1" thick tho'. There
>> are 14 of them. I like to cook a lot of meat on weekends to last out
>> the week.<g>
>>
>> They were $1.49 per lb.

> So organized, cooking a weeks worth at a time. I might cook 2 days maybe
> 3 days worth. But after 3 days, I really am wanting something else. Of
> course, the steaks or chops to, can be cut up and used in a stir fry or
> chop suey to.
>
> When I grill frozen meat, I will cook them indirect until thawed then move
> to the hotter part of the fire for the grilling. I like steaks medium
> though and that works good. Those of you who like rare, not sure how well
> it would work.
>
> BBQ

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> we don't get days off we just "take a few hours" but dh makes killer lasagna
> and sauces and i do most of the bean and soup dishes... we do it a lot
> during the winter when the house is tolerant of the oven... we are working
> our way into food saverness and i am hoping some day to food saver/freez
> things like asparagus for the winter... wish i could do strawberries, Lee

You don't take any days off at all???

I have blanched and frozen asparagus when it's been on deep sale so
worth stocking up on. I have a food saver but have not used it to it's
full advantage.

I've mostly used it to drastically extend the life of fresh foods.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> thats like my issue with cross posting, its several key strokes for me to
> look at that, so i don't, i just hit alt right arrow and read the next
> message, i figure most of the groups i read will get rid of the cross posts
> early on, Lee

This is true. <g> I'll sometimes not snip the crossposting if I'm not
sure where the person I am responding to is posting from. I can't always
tell!

If I am responding to a major moron (and not being nice about it), I
will snip my own group out of it. <eg>
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> you know i fyour demeanor is indicitive of drug use, i may have to
> reconsider my non use, Lee

<lol> He is referring to old posts of mine when I was experimenting
(very briefly) with herbal psychedelics back on 2004. I was having a
very hard time dealing with my moms death and used them to help myself.
I was using them therapeutically, not recreationally, and did a great
deal of research first!

It worked and I've not touched them since November of 2004. Have felt
neither the desire or need to, but they did give me what I was looking
for and needed at the time.

They did indeed help me to find peace with myself, and helped me let go
of my loss.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> one thing about bulk cooking, is that you need to make things you can store
> and use later, be it meat or things like lasagna, if you don't plan on
> eating what you smoke that week then you plan for things like stir fry and
> cut/package acordingly, Lee

Indeed... Smoked meat can be used as is, or as an ingredient in many
things. Having it pre-cooked is a major time saver during the work week.

And it's very versatile!

The offset smoker is cheap to operate with all the free wood I have on
hand and has a great capacity.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

we are self employeed so the best we do is put 36 hours or so together to do
something, anytime we are away from work we must pay someone to work for us,
it can be done and in winter hours are greatly reduced, but even when off or
away we are always on call,

i was thinking that blancing asparagus when its on discount and the kind DH
likes would be a great fs use, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> we don't get days off we just "take a few hours" but dh makes killer
>> lasagna
>> and sauces and i do most of the bean and soup dishes... we do it a lot
>> during the winter when the house is tolerant of the oven... we are
>> working
>> our way into food saverness and i am hoping some day to food saver/freez
>> things like asparagus for the winter... wish i could do strawberries, Lee

> You don't take any days off at all???
>
> I have blanched and frozen asparagus when it's been on deep sale so
> worth stocking up on. I have a food saver but have not used it to it's
> full advantage.
>
> I've mostly used it to drastically extend the life of fresh foods.
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

thats another thing, it would be my luck if i tried to cut out the cross
posts, i would take out the one that needed to stay... Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> thats like my issue with cross posting, its several key strokes for me to
>> look at that, so i don't, i just hit alt right arrow and read the next
>> message, i figure most of the groups i read will get rid of the cross
>> posts
>> early on, Lee

> This is true. <g> I'll sometimes not snip the crossposting if I'm not
> sure where the person I am responding to is posting from. I can't always
> tell!
>
> If I am responding to a major moron (and not being nice about it), I
> will snip my own group out of it. <eg>
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

it is sad that herbal remedies aren't more used in mainstream medicine,
sorta like when my grandfather was in the nursing home, he wanted a grilled
steak the guy across the hall wanted a cig and the guy next door wanted a
drink... how stupid is it to say... oh no that's bad for you.... you are in
a nursing home therefore at the end of your journey... i say that red meat,
cigs and booze should be free to anybody over eighty, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> you know i fyour demeanor is indicitive of drug use, i may have to
>> reconsider my non use, Lee

> <lol> He is referring to old posts of mine when I was experimenting
> (very briefly) with herbal psychedelics back on 2004. I was having a
> very hard time dealing with my moms death and used them to help myself.
> I was using them therapeutically, not recreationally, and did a great
> deal of research first!
>
> It worked and I've not touched them since November of 2004. Have felt
> neither the desire or need to, but they did give me what I was looking
> for and needed at the time.
>
> They did indeed help me to find peace with myself, and helped me let go
> of my loss.
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

have you ever made salad from the smoked beef, i mean like tuna salad only
with beef, my mom does this from time to time with beef and pork both but i
prefer the beef, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> one thing about bulk cooking, is that you need to make things you can
>> store
>> and use later, be it meat or things like lasagna, if you don't plan on
>> eating what you smoke that week then you plan for things like stir fry
>> and
>> cut/package acordingly, Lee

> Indeed... Smoked meat can be used as is, or as an ingredient in many
> things. Having it pre-cooked is a major time saver during the work week.
>
> And it's very versatile!
>
> The offset smoker is cheap to operate with all the free wood I have on
> hand and has a great capacity.
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> we are self employeed so the best we do is put 36 hours or so together to do
> something, anytime we are away from work we must pay someone to work for us,
> it can be done and in winter hours are greatly reduced, but even when off or
> away we are always on call,

What do y'all do if you don't mind me asking?
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> it is sad that herbal remedies aren't more used in mainstream medicine,
> sorta like when my grandfather was in the nursing home, he wanted a grilled
> steak the guy across the hall wanted a cig and the guy next door wanted a
> drink... how stupid is it to say... oh no that's bad for you.... you are in
> a nursing home therefore at the end of your journey... i say that red meat,
> cigs and booze should be free to anybody over eighty, Lee

When I turn 80, I'll probably start eating anything I want. <g>
The most effective herbal of the three that I tried was unfortunately
also the illegal one. Psilocybin (aka "shrooms") has extremely valuable
psychological effects. If you know what to look for, they grow in cow
pastures.

One of the books I read was written by a shrink and he stated that
before they were outlawed, he'd managed to make more progress with a
patient using them during a session in only two months than he could
make with ordinary therapy in two years!

I discussed my experience with them with one of my favorite ER MD's at
work and he just smiled and said "they don't call them "teachers" for
nothing. :-) He'd used them now and then when he was in Med school.

OB food: Dried, they were quite tasty if one enjoys culinary mushrooms...
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> ave you ever made salad from the smoked beef, i mean like tuna salad only
> with beef, my mom does this from time to time with beef and pork both but i
> prefer the beef, Lee

Yes actually. :-)
It's excellent!
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 6/8/2010 12:33 PM, Omelet wrote:

> I discussed my experience with them with one of my favorite ER MD's at
> work and he just smiled and said "they don't call them "teachers" for
> nothing. :-) He'd used them now and then when he was in Med school.
>
> OB food: Dried, they were quite tasty if one enjoys culinary mushrooms...

Off work for the day for 5 minutes of testimony? Nice. The best I did
was get paid for traveling from Bangalore, India to home. Thirty hours
about 24 which was OT. Plus a bonus for the work I did there. But,
there was very little raise that year to. So that made up for it...

What does OB mean? I see it frequently, when people want to have the
post partially on topic. Never determined what it meant.

I have had Morels once and like them. But gotta find a spot to harvest
yourself. Very expensive if buying from the store..

BBQ

Grilled New York Steak koko General Cooking 62 10-09-2009 04:52 PM
Grilled Steak Butter Kansas Kim Barbecue 18 13-04-2006 01:21 PM
Grilled Steak and Duckie ® Recipes 0 23-09-2005 11:44 PM
Grilled Steak Duckie ® Recipes 0 06-07-2005 03:49 AM
Red Wine-Rosemary Grilled Flank Steak With Grilled Vegetables 7 Hawks Recipes 0 29-06-2005 11:50 PM