Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Charcoal Grill Users - Talk Me Out Of It!

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Philly Ray wrote:
>
> ...snip
>> I know that charcoal will always be number one in my heart (and taste
>> buds) but I can definitely see the convenience of gas. I don't plan on
>> getting rid of the One Touch, but I hope they can peacefully co-exist
>> in my yard.
>>
>> Has anyone else made this leap as well?

> I think many of us have both bbq pits and gas grills. Each do their own
> job. No big deal.
> --
> Dave
> What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, see them driven before
> you, and to hear the lamentation of the women." -- Conan

What kind of gas grilll do you have and what do you do when you grill a
steak? I'm sure all would like to know!

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Kent" > wrote:

> As I said above, send us a pic. with the steak cut through as in the Ruth
> Chris ad.
>
> Look at this youtube video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfnPiGylyvQ
>
> That's what you end up with. That ain't char-rare.
>
> Kent

Granted the steak was a bit over done for those of us that prefer rare
meat, but it was a magnificent video. :-)

And I LOVED the musical score. It was perfect...
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >, "vex" >
wrote:

> Denny Wheeler wrote:
> > On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 13:34:55 -0700, "vex" > wrote:
> >> Yup. Gasser, generic POS worn out charcoal travel grill, kettle, and
> >> a CoS.

> > CoS, Brett? Translation? (or is it an item better left to the
> > inhabitants of Sedro's best-known institution?)

> Cheap Offset Smoker.
>

> --Brett

Ditto. and it works just fine. <g>
New Braunfels smoker. Iirc, mom and I paid about $180.00 for it.

Still going strong after 10 years or so...
My latest effort is in the Picasa albums for this past memorial day.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> I think many of us have both bbq pits and gas grills. Each do their own
> job. No big deal.
> --
> Dave

I'm no photographer but these were the med-rare puppies cooked on our
Weber Silver B and pleasantly devoured for tonights dinner.

http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL413.../388112282.jpg

http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/3765264

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Steve Calvin wrote:
> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
>> I think many of us have both bbq pits and gas grills. Each do their
>> own job. No big deal.
>> --
>> Dave

> I'm no photographer but these were the med-rare puppies cooked on our
> Weber Silver B and pleasantly devoured for tonights dinner.
>
> http://pic50.picturetrail.com/VOL413.../388112282.jpg
>
> http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/3765264

oops - boo-booed on the second url - sorry

--
Steve

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kent wrote:
> What kind of gas grilll do you have and what do you do when you grill
> a steak? I'm sure all would like to know

Is that true, afb? Would all of you like to know? Or, as I really suspect,
not care a whit? All who are just dying to know, say yea; all who couldn't
care less, flip Kent the bird.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 5-Jun-2010, "Dave Bugg" > wrote:

> Kent wrote:
> > What kind of gas grilll do you have and what do you do when you grill
> > a steak? I'm sure all would like to know

> Is that true, afb? Would all of you like to know? Or, as I really suspect,
>
> not care a whit? All who are just dying to know, say yea; all who couldn't
>
> care less, flip Kent the bird.
>
> --
> Dave

Gee Dave, I'm just dying to know what kind of grill you use. I don't know
how I've survived all this time without knowing that. I'll bet you'd like to
know what internal temperature I cook my steaks to, but I'm not going
to tell, it's a family secret handed down from my great great grand daddy.

--
Brick (The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those
who are willing to work and give to those who would not.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

why are you obsessed with this resturant's cooking, few here are interested
in eating resturant food, if they were they would go there and eat it, most
here seem to do much better than resturant fair, Lee
"Kent" > wrote in message

> "Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
>> Kent wrote:

>>> Whadya do, again with a Silver Genesis B and CI porceleinized grates?
>>> You "bake the steak" with the hood down. There is a grey band between
>>> the surface and the center. The surface isn't "ruth chris" chared with
>>> hood up or hood down. With the hood up, the propane grill won't brown
>>> at all. You get a couple of grid streaks, a red rare dot in the middle
>>> and a large grey band.
>>>
>>> Send us a pic
>>>
>>> Kent

>> I heat it up and cook the steak. If you don't know how to cook a steak as
>> long as you've been here then you're beyond help.
>>
>> As much as I hate to do it, I'm afraid all of the others are right,
>> you're just not worth the effort. I try to give people the benefit of the
>> doubt but...
>>
>> What's that old quote: "Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be
>> able to tell the difference." ~Author unknown, attributed to Mark Twain
>>
>> Steve

> As I said above, send us a pic. with the steak cut through as in the Ruth
> Chris ad.
>
> Look at this youtube video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XfnPiGylyvQ
>
> That's what you end up with. That ain't char-rare.
>
> Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Kent wrote:
>> What kind of gas grilll do you have and what do you do when you grill
>> a steak? I'm sure all would like to know

> Is that true, afb? Would all of you like to know? Or, as I really suspect,
> not care a whit? All who are just dying to know, say yea; all who couldn't
> care less, flip Kent the bird.

I bet I could guess, and since the question was asked (even though it was
asked by a dork), I would like to know, just to see if I was right.

Oh, and I always flip Kent the bird every time I read a post of his
;-)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 5-Jun-2010, bbq > wrote:

> On 6/5/2010 2:53 AM, Dave Bugg wrote:
> > Kent wrote:
> >> What kind of gas grilll do you have and what do you do when you grill
> >> a steak? I'm sure all would like to know

> > Is that true, afb? Would all of you like to know? Or, as I really
> > suspect,
> > not care a whit? All who are just dying to know, say yea; all who
> > couldn't
> > care less, flip Kent the bird.
> >

> We can't. Pics not allowed on AFB :-)
>
> BBQ

Here you go. Enjoy. I think Fosco posted this way back when.

__
/'_/)
,/_ /
/ /
/'_'/' '/'_'7,
/'/ / / /"
('( ' ' _~/
\ ' \
'\' \ _7
\ (
\ \.

--
Brick said that.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 6/5/2010 2:53 AM, Dave Bugg wrote:
> Kent wrote:
>> What kind of gas grilll do you have and what do you do when you grill
>> a steak? I'm sure all would like to know

> Is that true, afb? Would all of you like to know? Or, as I really suspect,
> not care a whit? All who are just dying to know, say yea; all who couldn't
> care less, flip Kent the bird.

We can't. Pics not allowed on AFB :-)

BBQ
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 4 Jun 2010 13:15:14 -0700, "vex" > wrote:

>Denny Wheeler wrote:
>> On Tue, 1 Jun 2010 13:34:55 -0700, "vex" > wrote:
>>> Yup. Gasser, generic POS worn out charcoal travel grill, kettle, and
>>> a CoS.

>> CoS, Brett? Translation? (or is it an item better left to the
>> inhabitants of Sedro's best-known institution?)

>Cheap Offset Smoker.

Thank you.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> wrote in message
ster.com...

> On 5-Jun-2010, bbq > wrote:

>> > Is that true, afb? Would all of you like to know? Or, as I really
>> > suspect,
>> > not care a whit? All who are just dying to know, say yea; all who
>> > couldn't
>> > care less, flip Kent the bird.
>> >

>> We can't. Pics not allowed on AFB :-)
>>
>> BBQ

> Here you go. Enjoy. I think <Fosco> posted this way back when.

Where-in-the-hell is that little SHIT, anyways?

> __
> /'_/)
> ,/_ /
> / /
> /'_'/' '/'_'7,
> /'/ / / /"
> ('( ' ' _~/
> \ ' \
> '\' \ _7
> \ (
> \ \.
>

> --
> Brick said that.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 6/5/2010 7:58 PM, Joe wrote:
> > wrote in message
> ster.com...

>>> We can't. Pics not allowed on AFB :-)
>>>
>>> BBQ

>> Here you go. Enjoy. I think<Fosco> posted this way back when.
>>

> Where-in-the-hell is that little SHIT, anyways?

He might be in a brewery lab somewhere, too much enjoying his
work/experiments to join us here !!!!

BBQ
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"bbq" > wrote in message
> On 6/5/2010 7:58 PM, Joe wrote:
>> > wrote in message
>> ster.com...

>>> Here you go. Enjoy. I think<Fosco> posted this way back when.
>>>

>> Where-in-the-hell is that little SHIT, anyways?

> He might be in a brewery lab somewhere, too much enjoying his
> work/experiments to join us here !!!!
>
> BBQ

Sounds about right. Good for him.