Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Remember our hero's

Remember our hero's this Memorial Day.

My Uncle on my grandma's side died in WWII. He was a fighter pilot in the
Pacific. He was shot down and never recovered. His remains stay on the
bottom of the Pacific ocean. His name was Lloyd and due to his red hair
was nicknamed 'Red' of course.

Pray for the day we never have to send our children off to fight and die
and for those who came back, to never had experienced the horrors of war.

--
regards, piedmont ~ the practical bbq'r!

http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >, piedmont >
wrote:

> Remember our hero's this Memorial Day.
>
> My Uncle on my grandma's side died in WWII. He was a fighter pilot in the
> Pacific. He was shot down and never recovered. His remains stay on the
> bottom of the Pacific ocean. His name was Lloyd and due to his red hair
> was nicknamed 'Red' of course.
>
> Pray for the day we never have to send our children off to fight and die
> and for those who came back, to never had experienced the horrors of war.

Indeed...

and check he

<http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet/MemorialDayCommentary#>
--
Peace! Om

สOnly Irish สcoffee provides in a single glass all four สessential food groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar สand fat. --Alex Levine
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"piedmont" > wrote in message
> Remember our hero's this Memorial Day.
>
> My Uncle on my grandma's side died in WWII. He was a fighter pilot in the
> Pacific. He was shot down and never recovered. His remains stay on the
> bottom of the Pacific ocean. His name was Lloyd and due to his red hair
> was nicknamed 'Red' of course.
>
> Pray for the day we never have to send our children off to fight and die
> and for those who came back, to never had experienced the horrors of war.
>
> --
> ?regards, piedmont ~ the practical bbq'r!
>
> http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/

Is your Uncle's name listed at the Punchbowl Memorial in Hawaii? I think
there is another in Manila. I visited Punchbowl a few month's back with a
friend who has an Uncle memorialized at Punchbowl. Pretty moving trip.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In ,
piedmont >spewed forth:
> Remember our hero's this Memorial Day.
>
> My Uncle on my grandma's side died in WWII. He was a fighter pilot in
> the Pacific. He was shot down and never recovered. His remains stay
> on the bottom of the Pacific ocean. His name was Lloyd and due to his
> red hair was nicknamed 'Red' of course.
>
> Pray for the day we never have to send our children off to fight and
> die and for those who came back, to never had experienced the horrors
> of war.

It is the VETERAN,
not the preacher,
who has given us freedom of religion.

It is the VETERAN,
not the reporter,
who has given us freedom of the press.

It is the VETERAN,
not the poet,
who has given us freedom of speech.

It is the VETERAN,
not the campus organizer,
who has given us freedom to assemble.

It is the VETERAN,
not the lawyer,
who has given us the right to a fair trial.

It is the VETERAN,
not the politician,
Who has given us the right to vote.

Thank you to ALL our Vets

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 29 May 2010 08:00:50 -0700, Wallace wrote:

> "piedmont" > wrote in message
>> Remember our hero's this Memorial Day.
>>
>> My Uncle on my grandma's side died in WWII. He was a fighter pilot in
>> the Pacific. He was shot down and never recovered. His remains stay on
>> the bottom of the Pacific ocean. His name was Lloyd and due to his red
>> hair was nicknamed 'Red' of course.
>>
>> Pray for the day we never have to send our children off to fight and
>> die and for those who came back, to never had experienced the horrors
>> of war.
>>
>> --
>> ?regards, piedmont ~ the practical bbq'r!
>>
>> http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/

> Is your Uncle's name listed at the Punchbowl Memorial in Hawaii? I
> think there is another in Manila. I visited Punchbowl a few month's
> back with a friend who has an Uncle memorialized at Punchbowl. Pretty
> moving trip.

I don't know, this is the first time hearing of 'punch bowl'. Googling it.

--
regards, piedmont ~ the practical bbq'r!

http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

piedmont > wrote:
> Remember our hero's this Memorial Day.
>
> My Uncle on my grandma's side died in WWII. He was a fighter pilot in the
> Pacific. He was shot down and never recovered. His remains stay on the
> bottom of the Pacific ocean. His name was Lloyd and due to his red hair
> was nicknamed 'Red' of course.
>
> Pray for the day we never have to send our children off to fight and die
> and for those who came back, to never had experienced the horrors of war.

I salute your Uncle Lloyd, Piedmont. I hoist one or three in the general
direction of his remains, in respect and gratitude. Thanks, 'Red'.

Nihongo dekimasen!!!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061