Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Ketchup Tips

Instead of adding malt vinegar to your fries and making them soggy, add the
vinegar to your ketchup instead.

Also try adding balsamic vingar, Heinz 57, A1, sriracha, or even chinese
black vinegar (kinda like a strong malt vinegar).

There's no reason to use just plain 'ol Heinz day after day. Play with
your food, live a little.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 24 May 2010 23:39:14 -0500, Sqwertz wrote:

> Instead of adding malt vinegar to your fries and making them soggy, add the
> vinegar to your ketchup instead.
>
> Also try adding balsamic vingar, Heinz 57, A1, sriracha, or even chinese
> black vinegar (kinda like a strong malt vinegar).
>
> There's no reason to use just plain 'ol Heinz day after day. Play with
> your food, live a little.

OK, you got me. I smother my BBQ with gobs of ketchup.

IOW, this was meant for the ketchup group, not the BBQ group.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz wrote:
> Instead of adding malt vinegar to your fries and making them soggy,
> add the vinegar to your ketchup instead.
>
> Also try adding balsamic vingar, Heinz 57, A1, sriracha, or even
> chinese black vinegar (kinda like a strong malt vinegar).
>
> There's no reason to use just plain 'ol Heinz day after day. Play
> with your food, live a little.

One of my local watering holes makes their own jalepeno ketchup. I'm not
quite sure how they do it, but one of these days I'll monkey around in the
kitchen and figure it out. It's good stuff.

--Brett

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"vex" > wrote:
> Sqwertz wrote:
> > Instead of adding malt vinegar to your fries and making them soggy,
> > add the vinegar to your ketchup instead.
> >
> > Also try adding balsamic vingar, Heinz 57, A1, sriracha, or even
> > chinese black vinegar (kinda like a strong malt vinegar).
> >
> > There's no reason to use just plain 'ol Heinz day after day. Play
> > with your food, live a little.

> One of my local watering holes makes their own jalepeno ketchup. I'm not
> quite sure how they do it, but one of these days I'll monkey around in
> the kitchen and figure it out. It's good stuff.

And then, there's this for a starting point:

Picante Chile Ketchup by Dave DeWitt [slightly edited by Nick]

Ingredients

6 lbs tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped

2 stalks celery, chopped

1 large onion, chopped

4 jalapeño or Serrano, or 2 habanero chiles (or to taste), stems and seeds
removed, chopped

1 red Bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, chopped

1 cup brown sugar

1-1/2 cups cider vinegar

2 tsp dry mustard

1 tsp ground cinnamon

1/2 tsp ground cloves

1/2 tsp ground allspice

1 to 2 tsp salt

Procedure

Pan cook the tomatoes on low heat for 15 minutes and drain the juice. Add
the celery, onion, chiles and Bell pepper and simmer for 1 hour.

Add the sugar, vinegar and spices and simmer for another hour.

Remove from heat and puree until smooth.

Pour into sterilized jars, adjust caps and process pints 10 minutes in
boiling water bath with enough water to cover the jars completely.

Comments and changes appreciated by

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Member

Location: Los Angeles

Thanks for the recipe! I love adding Tapatio Hot Sauce to ketchup. It's stil ltaht same ketchup taste but with a little spiciness that blends in well!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 26-May-2010, Foodiefun > wrote:

> Thanks for the recipe! I love adding Tapatio Hot Sauce to ketchup. It's
> stil ltaht same ketchup taste but with a little spiciness that blends in
> well!
>

> --
> Foodiefun

I perceive a kindred spirit. I have a habit of stirring some Sriracha into
my ketchup at breakfast. It seems to go nicely with bacon and eggs.

--
Brick (The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those
who are willing to work and give to those who would not. (Thomas Jefferson)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 25, 12:39*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
> Instead of adding malt vinegar to your fries and making them soggy, add the
> vinegar to your ketchup instead.
>
> Also try adding balsamic vingar, Heinz 57, A1, sriracha, or even chinese
> black vinegar (kinda like a strong malt vinegar).
>
> There's no reason to use just plain 'ol Heinz day after day. *Play with
> your food, live a little.
>
> -sw

I prefer malt vinegar. No ketchup unless the fries are lousy; i.e.
mcDees fries what sat too long.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 28 May 2010 16:03:15 -0700 (PDT), A Moose In Love wrote:

> On May 25, 12:39*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
>> Instead of adding malt vinegar to your fries and making them soggy, add the
>> vinegar to your ketchup instead.
>>
>> Also try adding balsamic vingar, Heinz 57, A1, sriracha, or even chinese
>> black vinegar (kinda like a strong malt vinegar).
>>
>> There's no reason to use just plain 'ol Heinz day after day. *Play with
>> your food, live a little.

> I prefer malt vinegar. No ketchup unless the fries are lousy; i.e.
> mcDees fries what sat too long.

I love malt vinegar, but I don't like what it does to fries -
makes them soggy. Ketchup is scientifically engineered not to
make fries soggy for at least 7 seconds (USDA CFR Sec 2 Rule
#28.2).

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

> wrote in message
ster.com...

> On 26-May-2010, Foodiefun
> > wrote:
>
>> Thanks for the recipe! I love adding Tapatio Hot Sauce to
>> ketchup. It's
>> stil ltaht same ketchup taste but with a little spiciness that
>> blends in
>> well!
>>

>> --
>> Foodiefun

> I perceive a kindred spirit. I have a habit of stirring some
> Sriracha into
> my ketchup at breakfast. It seems to go nicely with bacon and
> eggs.
>
> --
> Brick (The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
> those
> who are willing to work and give to those who would not. (Thomas
> Jefferson)

Amen on the Sriracha, but in small doses.<grin> FWIW, the next
time you make sweet potato fries, try dipping them in that
catsup/Sriracha sauce. We had some last night at a favorite
restaurant, and the sauce really added to the flavor.

Nonny
--
On most days,
it’s just not worth

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nonny" > wrote:
> > wrote in message
> > Foodiefun > wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks for the recipe! I love adding Tapatio Hot Sauce to
> >> ketchup. It's stil ltaht same ketchup taste but with a little
> >> spiciness that blends in well!

> > I perceive a kindred spirit. I have a habit of stirring some
> > Sriracha into my ketchup at breakfast. It seems to go nicely with bacon
> > and eggs.

> Amen on the Sriracha, but in small doses.<grin> FWIW, the next
> time you make sweet potato fries, try dipping them in that
> catsup/Sriracha sauce. We had some last night at a favorite
> restaurant, and the sauce really added to the flavor.

I like mayo with French fries. Add Sriracha or Amazon for heaven!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 29-May-2010, "Nonny" > wrote:

> > wrote in message
> ster.com...
> >
> > On 26-May-2010, Foodiefun
> > > wrote:
> >
> >> Thanks for the recipe! I love adding Tapatio Hot Sauce to
> >> ketchup. It's
> >> stil ltaht same ketchup taste but with a little spiciness that
> >> blends in
> >> well!
> >>

> >> --
> >> Foodiefun

> > I perceive a kindred spirit. I have a habit of stirring some
> > Sriracha into
> > my ketchup at breakfast. It seems to go nicely with bacon and
> > eggs.
> >
> > --
> > Brick (The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from
> > those
> > who are willing to work and give to those who would not. (Thomas
> > Jefferson)

> Amen on the Sriracha, but in small doses.<grin> FWIW, the next
> time you make sweet potato fries, try dipping them in that
> catsup/Sriracha sauce. We had some last night at a favorite
> restaurant, and the sauce really added to the flavor.
>
> Nonny

Different strokes for different folks. I mix it about 50/50. I use a variety
of 'Hot' sauces, not just Sriracha. High on my list are 'Tiger', 'Mama
Sita's',
'Mike's' Rojo and Mango and never lose sight of garlic chili sauce or
'Sambol Olek'.

--
Brick (The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those
who are willing to work and give to those who would not. (Thomas Jefferson)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 29, 7:12*pm, Nick Cramer > wrote:
> "Nonny" > wrote:
> > > wrote in message

> > > I perceive a kindred spirit. I have a habit of stirring some
> > > Sriracha into my ketchup at breakfast. It seems to go nicely with bacon
> > > and eggs.

> > Amen on the Sriracha, but in small doses.<grin> *FWIW, the next
> > time you make sweet potato fries, try dipping them in that
> > catsup/Sriracha sauce. *We had some last night at a favorite
> > restaurant, and the sauce really added to the flavor.

> I like mayo with French fries. Add Sriracha or Amazon for heaven!

I've never tried mayo with fries. I know it's popular in Europe, I
suppose one of these days I'll give it a try.
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: *https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/* *Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: *http://anymarine.com/* You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! * * * * * * * * ~Semper Fi~ * * * * * * * *USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

man this sounds good, Lee
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "vex" > wrote:
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>> > Instead of adding malt vinegar to your fries and making them soggy,
>> > add the vinegar to your ketchup instead.
>> >
>> > Also try adding balsamic vingar, Heinz 57, A1, sriracha, or even
>> > chinese black vinegar (kinda like a strong malt vinegar).
>> >
>> > There's no reason to use just plain 'ol Heinz day after day. Play
>> > with your food, live a little.

>> One of my local watering holes makes their own jalepeno ketchup. I'm not
>> quite sure how they do it, but one of these days I'll monkey around in
>> the kitchen and figure it out. It's good stuff.

> And then, there's this for a starting point:
>
> Picante Chile Ketchup by Dave DeWitt [slightly edited by Nick]
>
> Ingredients
>
> 6 lbs tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped
>
> 2 stalks celery, chopped
>
> 1 large onion, chopped
>
> 4 jalapeño or Serrano, or 2 habanero chiles (or to taste), stems and seeds
> removed, chopped
>
> 1 red Bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, chopped
>
> 1 cup brown sugar
>
> 1-1/2 cups cider vinegar
>
> 2 tsp dry mustard
>
> 1 tsp ground cinnamon
>
> 1/2 tsp ground cloves
>
> 1/2 tsp ground allspice
>
> 1 to 2 tsp salt
>
> Procedure
>
> Pan cook the tomatoes on low heat for 15 minutes and drain the juice. Add
> the celery, onion, chiles and Bell pepper and simmer for 1 hour.
>
> Add the sugar, vinegar and spices and simmer for another hour.
>
> Remove from heat and puree until smooth.
>
> Pour into sterilized jars, adjust caps and process pints 10 minutes in
> boiling water bath with enough water to cover the jars completely.
>
> Comments and changes appreciated by
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

could you use part of the sugar as splenda? Lee
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "vex" > wrote:
>> Sqwertz wrote:
>> > Instead of adding malt vinegar to your fries and making them soggy,
>> > add the vinegar to your ketchup instead.
>> >
>> > Also try adding balsamic vingar, Heinz 57, A1, sriracha, or even
>> > chinese black vinegar (kinda like a strong malt vinegar).
>> >
>> > There's no reason to use just plain 'ol Heinz day after day. Play
>> > with your food, live a little.

>> One of my local watering holes makes their own jalepeno ketchup. I'm not
>> quite sure how they do it, but one of these days I'll monkey around in
>> the kitchen and figure it out. It's good stuff.

> And then, there's this for a starting point:
>
> Picante Chile Ketchup by Dave DeWitt [slightly edited by Nick]
>
> Ingredients
>
> 6 lbs tomatoes, peeled, seeded, chopped
>
> 2 stalks celery, chopped
>
> 1 large onion, chopped
>
> 4 jalapeño or Serrano, or 2 habanero chiles (or to taste), stems and seeds
> removed, chopped
>
> 1 red Bell pepper, stem and seeds removed, chopped
>
> 1 cup brown sugar
>
> 1-1/2 cups cider vinegar
>
> 2 tsp dry mustard
>
> 1 tsp ground cinnamon
>
> 1/2 tsp ground cloves
>
> 1/2 tsp ground allspice
>
> 1 to 2 tsp salt
>
> Procedure
>
> Pan cook the tomatoes on low heat for 15 minutes and drain the juice. Add
> the celery, onion, chiles and Bell pepper and simmer for 1 hour.
>
> Add the sugar, vinegar and spices and simmer for another hour.
>
> Remove from heat and puree until smooth.
>
> Pour into sterilized jars, adjust caps and process pints 10 minutes in
> boiling water bath with enough water to cover the jars completely.
>
> Comments and changes appreciated by
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 30 May 2010 05:53:04 -0500, Stormmee wrote:

> could you use part of the sugar as splenda? Lee

i've used it to make basic ketchup but add it after done with the cooking/
heat part.

--
regards, piedmont ~ the practical bbq'r!

http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

thanks, Lee
"piedmont" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 30 May 2010 05:53:04 -0500, Stormmee wrote:
>
>> could you use part of the sugar as splenda? Lee

> i've used it to make basic ketchup but add it after done with the cooking/
> heat part.
>

> --
> ?regards, piedmont ~ the practical bbq'r!
>
> http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> could you use part of the sugar as splenda? Lee

I would guess so.

I'm going to google recipes for making it with tomato paste. ;-)
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

they have brown sugar splenda now so i thought the only drawback might be
thickening, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> could you use part of the sugar as splenda? Lee

> I would guess so.
>
> I'm going to google recipes for making it with tomato paste. ;-)
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 25, 12:39*am, Sqwertz > wrote:
> Instead of adding malt vinegar to your fries and making them soggy, add the
> vinegar to your ketchup instead.
>
> Also try adding balsamic vingar, Heinz 57, A1, sriracha, or even chinese
> black vinegar (kinda like a strong malt vinegar).
>
> There's no reason to use just plain 'ol Heinz day after day. *Play with
> your food, live a little.
>
> -sw

I just can't help myself. Somebody stop me. Here's my shtick:

I've had rib tips before. But never ketchup tips. What are they like?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sun, 30 May 2010 08:45:15 -0500, Stormmee wrote:

> they have brown sugar splenda now so i thought the only drawback might
> be thickening, Lee
> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
>> In article >, "Stormmee"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> could you use part of the sugar as splenda? Lee

>> I would guess so.
>>
>> I'm going to google recipes for making it with tomato paste. ;-) --
>> Peace! Om
>>
>> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet> Only Irish coffee
>> provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol,
>> caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

there is also a good, Sugar Twin Brown Sugar which i've had got results
for flavor, and as i wrote earlier, add after the cooking/heat stage.

--
regards, piedmont ~ the practical bbq'r!

http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

thanks didn't know about that one, Lee
"piedmont" > wrote in message
> On Sun, 30 May 2010 08:45:15 -0500, Stormmee wrote:
>
>> they have brown sugar splenda now so i thought the only drawback might
>> be thickening, Lee
>> "Omelet" > wrote in message
>> news
>>> In article >, "Stormmee"

>>> I would guess so.
>>>
>>> I'm going to google recipes for making it with tomato paste. ;-) --
>>> Peace! Om
>>>
>>> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet> Only Irish coffee
>>> provides in a single glass all four essential food groups: alcohol,
>>> caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

> there is also a good, Sugar Twin Brown Sugar which i've had got results
> for flavor, and as i wrote earlier, add after the cooking/heat stage.
>

> --
> ?regards, piedmont ~ the practical bbq'r!
>
> http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> they have brown sugar splenda now so i thought the only drawback might be
> thickening, Lee

Tomato paste should take care of that?
It needs thinning! <g>
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" > wrote:
> man this sounds good, Lee
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> > [ . . . ]
> > And then, there's this for a starting point:
> >
> > Picante Chile Ketchup by Dave DeWitt [slightly edited by Nick]
> > []

Because I have diabetes, instead of the cup of brown sugar, I use a cup of
Splenda and one or two Tbs of blackstrap molasses.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

piedmont > wrote:
> On Sun, 30 May 2010 05:53:04 -0500, Stormmee wrote:
>
> > could you use part of the sugar as splenda? Lee

> i've used it to make basic ketchup but add it after done with the
> cooking/ heat part.

I haven't noticed a problem with cooking/heating Splenda.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Nick Cramer > wrote:

> piedmont > wrote:
> > On Sun, 30 May 2010 05:53:04 -0500, Stormmee wrote:
> >
> > > could you use part of the sugar as splenda? Lee

> > i've used it to make basic ketchup but add it after done with the
> > cooking/ heat part.

> I haven't noticed a problem with cooking/heating Splenda.

Splenda is not heat volatile like Aspartame is.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

i think you ha point with the paste, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> they have brown sugar splenda now so i thought the only drawback might be
>> thickening, Lee

> Tomato paste should take care of that?
> It needs thinning! <g>
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

very good idea, Lee
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>> man this sounds good, Lee
>> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>> > [ . . . ]
>> > And then, there's this for a starting point:
>> >
>> > Picante Chile Ketchup by Dave DeWitt [slightly edited by Nick]
>> > []

> Because I have diabetes, instead of the cup of brown sugar, I use a cup of
> Splenda and one or two Tbs of blackstrap molasses.
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> Instead of adding malt vinegar to your fries and making them soggy, add
> the
> vinegar to your ketchup instead.
>
> Also try adding balsamic vingar, Heinz 57, A1, sriracha, or even chinese
> black vinegar (kinda like a strong malt vinegar).
>
> There's no reason to use just plain 'ol Heinz day after day. Play with
> your food, live a little.
>
> -sw

A great thought! Thanks,

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >, Sqwertz > wrote:
>On Fri, 2 Jul 2010 19:23:14 -0700, Kent wrote:
>
>> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>>
>>> There's no reason to use just plain 'ol Heinz day after day. Play with
>>> your food, live a little.

>> A great thought! Thanks,

>My recommendation is based on facts. I've actually tried it and
>had great success. I didn't just dream it up or fold, spindle and
>mutilate a mish-mash of blog posts into a defective hypothesis and
>publish it before I tried it a few times.
>
>I pointed you to a great article on how restaurants cooks steaks
>and from the looks of it, you didn't even read it. Preferring
>your own fantasies instead.

For a ketchup tip, use the unsalted version. It tastes better, more
tomato'y. I see heinz is lowering the salt content in all the stuff.
Too much salt masks the flavor.

http://www.slashfood.com/2010/05/14/...olds-the-salt/

Cambells allready lowered the salt in V8. I once thought that was health food, then
I read the label, about three times the salt as a bag of chips.

Also, use unsalted saltine crackers. Most things do not need extra salt.
Chinese food was made for saltine crackers.

greg

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

heinze and hunts both make unsalted, Lee
"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 13:27:11 GMT, GregS wrote:
>
>> For a ketchup tip, use the unsalted version.

> Who makes an unsalted ketchup? The same companies that make
> unsalted soup?
>
> ObBBQ: Unsalted and unsweetened BBQ sauce anyone?
>
> -sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >, Sqwertz > wrote:
>On Thu, 08 Jul 2010 13:27:11 GMT, GregS wrote:
>
>> For a ketchup tip, use the unsalted version.

>Who makes an unsalted ketchup? The same companies that make
>unsalted soup?
>
>ObBBQ: Unsalted and unsweetened BBQ sauce anyone?

Salt is like what would be a first reaction to a taste testors
favorite aparently, which is why most premaid food is way oversalted.
It seems they think it will sell to more customers.
I buy the reduced salt Campbells and its sill too salty to me. Some
people like large amounts of salt because they don't seem to otherwise
like food the way is suppose to. BBQ sauce needs the right amount of salt, not unsalted.

Some people use a tablespoon of butter on their corn and also more
salt. I use even less than 1 pat of butter and some pepper.
Its all you need unless you don't like the taste of true corn.

Unsalted salted saltines are NOT salt free. It just does not have that
salt sprinked at the top.

Is it not stupid to eat fries that have been salted and add salted ketchup ?

I got to try the organic..
http://www.heinz.com/media/120451/ad...cardsfinal.pdf
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >, Sqwertz > wrote:
>On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 15:08:31 GMT, GregS wrote:
>
>> Is it not stupid to eat fries that have been salted and add salted ketchup ?

>No.

You would probably put ketchup on hot dogs.

greg
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

you are from chicago, Lee, the hill billie with a vat of ketchup for
everything and a DH who is horrfied at the thought of it on dogs or eggs,
Lee
"GregS" > wrote in message
> In article >, Sqwertz
> > wrote:
>>On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 15:08:31 GMT, GregS wrote:
>>
>>> Is it not stupid to eat fries that have been salted and add salted
>>> ketchup ?

>>No.

> You would probably put ketchup on hot dogs.
>
> greg

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

chill dude, its not that serious, at least it shouldn't be, Lee
"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 13 Jul 2010 19:31:06 GMT, GregS wrote:
>
>> In article >, Sqwertz
>> > wrote:

>>>No.

>> You would probably put ketchup on hot dogs.

> Are you trying to insult everyone here who puts ketchup (or chili,
> or cheese, or mustard) on their hot dogs?
>
> Because you just did.
>
> -sw

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jul 13, 4:34*pm, "Brick" > wrote:

> along with mustard and other condiments. Now, if you want
> to travel to Germany, you;ll likely find many vendors that do
> not offer ketchup.

But they do, there was a little kiosk next to the trolly I took daily
in Munich, it did anyway and no mustard(? not 100% on that one any
more). They don't have any mustards like our Frenchs, they have either
really sweet, or hot, but not much in the middle. Their ketchup is a
bit smoother and less spicy than ours, a bit more tomatoey as well.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" > wrote:
> chill dude, its not that serious, at least it shouldn't be, Lee

> >> You would probably put ketchup on hot dogs.

> > Are you trying to insult everyone here who puts ketchup (or chili,
> > or cheese, or mustard) on their hot dogs?
> >
> > Because you just did.

I didn't mention chili, cheese or sauerkraut, because those are part of a
hot dog on a bun. Not something you put ON it, like ketchup and mustard!

families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/
http://www.helpforheroes.org.uk/ Thank a Veteran! Support Our Troops!
http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten. Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

i love ketchup on almost anything, but on fries i want hot mustard with
horseradish, Lee

Ketchup + + Gary General Cooking 73 20-01-2014 03:57 PM
Ketchup/Catsup Tips Sqwertz[_37_] General Cooking 94 30-05-2010 03:59 PM
Hot Ketchup Suzy General Cooking 0 21-11-2008 06:55 AM
Ketchup - UK vs USA Blinky the Shark General Cooking 19 12-03-2007 01:41 AM
LC Ketchup Vicki Beausoleil Diabetic 13 31-03-2004 12:48 AM