Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

Default Book: Charcuterie and French Swine Cookery?

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> it is under serious consideration, and i sent it to a friend as we have been
> discussing trying different ones but none looked like they would work so
> having a reccomendation of one that does work is excellent, again thanks,
> Lee

You are most welcome! The only eggs that crack in there for me are ones
with damaged shells that would have cracked with traditional boiling
anyway.

I really do love that silly thing!

This one has an aluminum inner chamber that is protected by the plastic
outer shell wall. I suspect it is that that keeps the whole eggs from
exploding. The ones that crack cook eggzactly the same as damaged eggs
cook in boiling water.

But it's a LOT faster and easier cleanup.

The only drawback (if you consider that it is a drawback) is that it
cooks only 4 eggs at a time. I don't consider that to be a real issue
since I just cook for two.

That inner chamber does not seem to bother the microwave any either.
I've been using this toy regularly now for a few months.
The vast majority of the eggs do not crack and turn out perfect. I just
had some soft boiled eggs for dinner a bit ago.

I'm not in to tradition when it comes to my mood for food. <g>
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,rec.food.cooking

i eat breakfast foods at dinner because i like it that way, Lee
news