Member

Default Pork products will be banned in United Kingdom

Some subway restaurants have taken upon themselves to ban pork products. Yes - Bacon, Ham and other pork products have been completely banned from their restaurants. Why? Because some of their customers are Islamic and apparently won't eat at subway unless it is 100% halal.
This is totally ridiculous!
I know many people who eat bacon on their subs on a regular basis, and they are up in arms about this - and one site, baconpatrol.com has even setup a petition which I recommend you consider signing on behalf of bacon lovers everywhere. If you don't stand up for your right to choose what you eat then this will be a precedent for the future.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 2010-05-06, riagonzales1023 > wrote:

> Some subway restaurants have taken upon themselves to ban pork products.
> Yes - Bacon, Ham and other pork products have been completely banned
> from their restaurants. Why? Because some of their customers are Islamic
> and apparently won't eat at subway unless it is 100% halal.
> This is totally ridiculous!

As is your subject line.

After reading your post in its entirety, it's pretty obvious pork is
not being banned in the UK or anywhere else. Just some restaurants
are choosing to no longer carry pork products. Seems like a prudent
business decision. Who would be stupid enough to open a steak house
in the heart of Hindu India?

nb
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

notbob > wrote in
:

> On 2010-05-06, riagonzales1023
> > wrote:
>>
>> Some subway restaurants have taken upon themselves to ban pork
>> products. Yes - Bacon, Ham and other pork products have been
>> completely banned from their restaurants. Why? Because some of their
>> customers are Islamic and apparently won't eat at subway unless it is
>> 100% halal. This is totally ridiculous!

> As is your subject line.
>
> After reading your post in its entirety, it's pretty obvious pork is
> not being banned in the UK or anywhere else. Just some restaurants
> are choosing to no longer carry pork products. Seems like a prudent
> business decision. Who would be stupid enough to open a steak house
> in the heart of Hindu India?
>
> nb

Well you'd not have much competition..
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 2010-05-06, Charly Horse <noemail> wrote:

> Well you'd not have much competition..

I suggest ironclad fire insurance.

nb
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

notbob wrote:
> On 2010-05-06, Charly Horse <noemail> wrote:
>
>> Well you'd not have much competition..

> I suggest ironclad fire insurance.

Just chain a cow in the middle of the restaurant. That will either make the
hindy-whos leave the restaurant alone, or the cow will be barbecue'd by
morning and you can open a cheese steak stand while waiting for your
insurance check. Either way, you win
--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"riagonzales1023" > wrote in
message ...

> Some subway restaurants have taken upon themselves to ban pork products.
> Yes - Bacon, Ham and other pork products have been completely banned
> from their restaurants. Why? Because some of their customers are Islamic
> and apparently won't eat at subway unless it is 100% halal.
> This is totally ridiculous!
> I know many people who eat bacon on their subs on a regular basis, and
> they are up in arms about this - and one site, baconpatrol.com has even
> setup a petition which I recommend you consider signing on behalf of
> bacon lovers everywhere. If you don't stand up for your right to choose
> what you eat then this will be a precedent for the future.

Who cares? The business owners can make any choice they want to. I'll just
go elsewhere to get what I want. It does not impinge upon my right to
choose. I prefer Pepsi, but many places only have Coke. Should we protest?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:

> "riagonzales1023" > wrote in
> message ...
> >
> > Some subway restaurants have taken upon themselves to ban pork products.
> > Yes - Bacon, Ham and other pork products have been completely banned
> > from their restaurants. Why? Because some of their customers are Islamic
> > and apparently won't eat at subway unless it is 100% halal.
> > This is totally ridiculous!
> > I know many people who eat bacon on their subs on a regular basis, and
> > they are up in arms about this - and one site, baconpatrol.com has even
> > setup a petition which I recommend you consider signing on behalf of
> > bacon lovers everywhere. If you don't stand up for your right to choose
> > what you eat then this will be a precedent for the future.

> Who cares? The business owners can make any choice they want to. I'll just
> go elsewhere to get what I want. It does not impinge upon my right to
> choose. I prefer Pepsi, but many places only have Coke. Should we protest?

I prefer Root Beer, but many don't carry it as it supposedly dedicates
the syrup line to just that.

Some retailers have no clu'. <g>
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Omelet wrote:
> "Ed Pawlowski" wrote:
>> "riagonzales1023" wrote in message
>>>
>>> Some subway restaurants have taken upon themselves to ban pork
>>> products. Yes - Bacon, Ham and other pork products have been
>>> completely banned from their restaurants. Why? Because some of
>>> their customers are Islamic and apparently won't eat at subway
>>> unless it is 100% halal.
>>> This is totally ridiculous!
>>> I know many people who eat bacon on their subs on a regular basis,
>>> and they are up in arms about this - and one site, baconpatrol.com
>>> has even setup a petition which I recommend you consider signing on
>>> behalf of bacon lovers everywhere. If you don't stand up for your
>>> right to choose what you eat then this will be a precedent for the
>>> future.

>> Who cares? The business owners can make any choice they want to.
>> I'll just go elsewhere to get what I want. It does not impinge upon
>> my right to choose. I prefer Pepsi, but many places only have Coke.
>> Should we protest?

> I prefer Root Beer, but many don't carry it as it supposedly dedicates
> the syrup line to just that.
>
> Some retailers have no clu'. <g>

BYOB

Bring Your Own Bacon

I don't eat at subway much anymore. Thankfully there are some real
good family owned shops around here that beat them by a mile.

--
rbg

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
>
>> "riagonzales1023" > wrote
>> in
>> message ...
>> >
>> > Some subway restaurants have taken upon themselves to ban pork
>> > products.
>> > Yes - Bacon, Ham and other pork products have been completely banned
>> > from their restaurants. Why? Because some of their customers are
>> > Islamic
>> > and apparently won't eat at subway unless it is 100% halal.
>> > This is totally ridiculous!
>> > I know many people who eat bacon on their subs on a regular basis, and
>> > they are up in arms about this - and one site, baconpatrol.com has even
>> > setup a petition which I recommend you consider signing on behalf of
>> > bacon lovers everywhere. If you don't stand up for your right to choose
>> > what you eat then this will be a precedent for the future.

>> Who cares? The business owners can make any choice they want to. I'll
>> just
>> go elsewhere to get what I want. It does not impinge upon my right to
>> choose. I prefer Pepsi, but many places only have Coke. Should we
>> protest?

> I prefer Root Beer, but many don't carry it as it supposedly dedicates
> the syrup line to just that.
>
> Some retailers have no clu'. <g>
> --
> Peace! Om

I drink root beer only, if I drink any other soft drink I'm up and down all
night in the bathroom! Go figure! Fun fact, root beer only soft drink that
doesn't attack tooth enamel.

--
regards, piedmont (michael)
The Practical BBQ'r - http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 2010-05-07, N Ron Hubbard > wrote:

> You shouldn't buy American fast food schitt anyway. Go
> to a nice British shop that sells traditional hot pork
> sandwiches.

No kidding. I can see buying Subway when the only alternatives are
USA fast food crap, as is often the case in America, but I would
think UK has some lovely traditional fare readily available in local
small shops. But, what do I know. Never been to Britain, although
I'd like to. I know damn well Britain has good food.

nb

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue,alt.slack

"N Ron Hubbard" > wrote

>> Some subway restaurants have taken upon themselves to ban pork products.
>> Yes - Bacon, Ham and other pork products have been completely banned
>> from their restaurants. Why? Because some of their customers are Islamic
>> and apparently won't eat at subway unless it is 100% halal.
>> This is totally ridiculous!
>> I know many people who eat bacon on their subs on a regular basis, and
>> they are up in arms about this - and one site, baconpatrol.com has even
>> setup a petition which I recommend you consider signing on behalf of
>> bacon lovers everywhere. If you don't stand up for your right to choose
>> what you eat then this will be a precedent for the future.

> You shouldn't buy American fast food schitt anyway. Go
> to a nice British shop that sells traditional hot pork
> sandwiches.

You Brits wouldn't know how to make a sandwich if your
vegemite depended on it, mate.

--oTTo--

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue,alt.slack

"piedmont" > wrote

>>> Who cares? The business owners can make any choice they want to. I'll
>>> just
>>> go elsewhere to get what I want. It does not impinge upon my right to
>>> choose. I prefer Pepsi, but many places only have Coke. Should we
>>> protest?

>> I prefer Root Beer, but many don't carry it as it supposedly dedicates
>> the syrup line to just that.
>>
>> Some retailers have no clu'. <g>

> I drink root beer only, if I drink any other soft drink I'm up and down
> all night in the bathroom! Go figure!

It makes you have sex in the bathroom? Weird!

> Fun fact, root beer only soft drink that doesn't attack tooth enamel.

As if the brits needed further assaults upon thier teeth
as it is.

--oTTo--

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue,alt.slack

"IMBJR" > wrote

>>vegemite

> That's an Austrian spread, numbutts.

Like duh, that's the whole joke.

--oTTo--

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue,alt.slack

"IMBJR" > wrote

>>> That's an Austrian spread, numbutts.

>>Like duh, that's the whole joke.

> Did you hear anyone laugh?
>
> No.

I did. Several lurkers emailed me.

--oTTo--

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue,alt.slack

On Fri, 7 May 2010 17:01:02 -0400, "Otto Bahn"
> wrote:

>"IMBJR" > wrote

>>>Like duh, that's the whole joke.

>> Did you hear anyone laugh?
>>
>> No.

>I did. Several lurkers emailed me.

If they didn't say "LOL" it doesn't count. Because the only way you
could hear it would be if it was out loud.

BW

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue,alt.slack

On May 7, 1:10*pm, "Otto Bahn" > wrote:
> "N Ron Hubbard" > wrote
>
> >> Some subway restaurants have taken upon themselves to ban pork products.
> >> Yes - Bacon, Ham and other pork products have been completely banned
> >> from their restaurants. Why? Because some of their customers are Islamic
> >> and apparently won't eat at subway unless it is 100% halal.
> >> This is totally ridiculous!
> >> I know many people who eat bacon on their subs on a regular basis, and
> >> they are up in arms about this - and one site, baconpatrol.com has even
> >> setup a petition which I recommend you consider signing on behalf of
> >> bacon lovers everywhere. If you don't stand up for your right to choose
> >> what you eat then this will be a precedent for the future.

If this goes on...

Is there a lits anywhere of all the various religions and what foods
they proscribe?

What do all of them *allow*?

Somebody should open a restaurant that serves only foods on that
latter lits; then we could have "reverse World Cuisine".

Or would that be "Third World Cuisine"?

> > You shouldn't buy American fast food schitt anyway. Go
> > to a nice British shop that sells traditional hot pork
> > sandwiches.

Subway is generally better than other sandwich shops IME. That
franchise that used those annoying "singing" sock-puppet weasel/
monkeys is just crap.

OTOH when we moved from AZ to WA I went to a Subway in OR and
couldn't get a pastrami sub because Subways in OR and WA don't carry
it!

Now I am reduced to going to (hold on to your silly pointy hat) Jack
in the Box for a pastrami sandwich.

> You Brits wouldn't know how to make a sandwich if your
> vegemite depended on it, mate.

I strongly suspect Vegemite is the same as "potted meat food
product" in that it's made from all the stuff vegetable producers
can't sell as "vegetables" because it's either not pretty enough to
put on the shelf at a grocery store or is rendered unrecognizable in
processing.

Dr. Hot"Vegemite is Soylent!"Salt
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue,alt.slack

> wrote

>>> Did you hear anyone laugh?
>>>
>>> No.

>>I did. Several lurkers emailed me.

> If they didn't say "LOL" it doesn't count. Because the only way you
> could hear it would be if it was out loud.

Crap. "TMML" doesn't count?

Btw, I was burning of bunch of incense I got at one of the Octopus
Gardens hippy stores in Asheville, and now I feel really dizzy.

--oTTo--

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue,alt.slack

"IMBJR" > wrote

>>> Did you hear anyone laugh?
>>>
>>> No.

>>I did. Several lurkers emailed me.

> LIES

Why would they go through all that trouble just
to lie to me?

--oTTo--

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue,alt.slack

"Otto Bahn" > wrote in message
> "IMBJR" > wrote

>>>Like duh, that's the whole joke.

>> Did you hear anyone laugh?
>>
>> No.

> I did. Several lurkers emailed me.
>
> --oTTo--

Probably to tell you it does NOT come from Austria. They are more into
schnitzel and beer.

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue,alt.slack

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote

>>> Did you hear anyone laugh?
>>>
>>> No.

>> I did. Several lurkers emailed me.

> Probably to tell you it does NOT come from Austria. They are more into
> schnitzel and beer.

I didn't realize they were into schnitzel, but they are most
defiinitely into vegemite. Can you do schnitzel on the barbie?

--oTTo--

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.slack

--
http://www.madgetwits.tk Madges Links

http://home2.btconnect.com/kibo/PhotoAlbums/madgesphoto
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.slack

--
http://www.madgetwits.tk Madges Links

http://home2.btconnect.com/kibo/PhotoAlbums/madgesphoto
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.slack

--
http://www.madgetwits.tk Madges Links

http://home2.btconnect.com/kibo/PhotoAlbums/madgesphoto
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.slack

--
http://www.madgetwits.tk Madges Links

http://home2.btconnect.com/kibo/PhotoAlbums/madgesphoto
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue,alt.slack

"IMBJR" > wrote

>>Probably to tell you it does NOT come from Austria. They are more into
>>schnitzel and beer.

> LOL You just got trolled. You must be new here if you don't recognise
> the Austria-troll-bait.

Hard to say. Maybe YOU got trolled by a reverse polarity meta-troll.

--oTTo--

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue,alt.slack

"IMBJR" > wrote

>>> LOL You just got trolled. You must be new here if you don't recognise
>>> the Austria-troll-bait.

>>Hard to say. Maybe YOU got trolled by a reverse polarity meta-troll.

> There's always that danger, but my cock is bigger than yours.

Post proof or retract!

--oTTo--

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue,alt.slack

On May 7, 4:46*pm, IMBJR > wrote:
> On Fri, 7 May 2010 17:37:17 -0400, "Otto Bahn"
>
> > wrote:
> >"IMBJR" > wrote

> >> LOL You just got trolled. You must be new here if you don't recognise
> >> the Austria-troll-bait.

> >Hard to say. *Maybe YOU got trolled by a reverse polarity meta-troll.

> There's always that danger, but my cock is bigger than yours.

That's probably because your dick is still stuck in the rooster's ass.

Never mind.

--
YOP...

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue,alt.slack

"Nicko" > wrote

> >> LOL You just got trolled. You must be new here if you don't recognise
> >> the Austria-troll-bait.

> >Hard to say. Maybe YOU got trolled by a reverse polarity meta-troll.

> There's always that danger, but my cock is bigger than yours.

<
<That's probably because your dick is still stuck in the rooster's ass.

What a coincidence -- I just saw a rooster go flying past my window!

--oTTo--

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue,alt.slack

On May 7, 5:22*pm, "Otto Bahn" > wrote:
> "IMBJR" > wrote

> >>I did. *Several lurkers emailed me.

> > LIES

> Why would they go through all that trouble just
> to lie to me?
>
> --oTTo--

Now *that's* funny.

---
Mark spells kram backwards
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue,alt.slack

On May 7, 5:25*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
> "Otto Bahn" > wrote in message

> > "IMBJR" > wrote

> >> Did you hear anyone laugh?

> >> No.

> > I did. *Several lurkers emailed me.

> > --oTTo--

> Probably to tell you it does NOT come from Austria. * *They are more into
> schnitzel and beer.- Hide quoted text -

My schnitzel has a first name,
it's o-s-c-a-r.

---
Mark

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue,alt.slack

IMBJR > wrote:
>Look out the window. That thing you see is my cock.

Whoa. See a doctor. Soon.

Wretch
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"DougW" > wrote:

> Omelet wrote:

> >> Who cares? The business owners can make any choice they want to.
> >> I'll just go elsewhere to get what I want. It does not impinge upon
> >> my right to choose. I prefer Pepsi, but many places only have Coke.
> >> Should we protest?

> > I prefer Root Beer, but many don't carry it as it supposedly dedicates
> > the syrup line to just that.
> >
> > Some retailers have no clu'. <g>

> BYOB
>
> Bring Your Own Bacon
>
> I don't eat at subway much anymore. Thankfully there are some real
> good family owned shops around here that beat them by a mile.

I've not eaten at Subway now for a good 8 or 9 years.
If and when I eat fast food (maybe 2 or 3 times per year), it is usually
Taco Hell crispy tacos.

Sorry, but I really do like them if I'm not feeling like making mom's
chicken taco recipe at home...
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"piedmont" > wrote:

> > I prefer Root Beer, but many don't carry it as it supposedly dedicates
> > the syrup line to just that.
> >
> > Some retailers have no clu'. <g>
> > --
> > Peace! Om

> I drink root beer only, if I drink any other soft drink I'm up and down all
> night in the bathroom! Go figure! Fun fact, root beer only soft drink that
> doesn't attack tooth enamel.
>
> --
> regards, piedmont (michael)
> The Practical BBQ'r - http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
> (mawil55) Hardiness Zone 7-8

Thanks for that! I did not know.
On the rare occasions I drink any soft drinks at all, it's usually root
beer...

with a nice hunk of vanilla ice cream floating in it! ;-d

Gods... I've not had a rootbeer float now for at least 10 years. <sigh>
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue,alt.slack

On May 7, 5:14*pm, "Dr. HotSalt" > wrote:
[...]
> * If this goes on...

Bacon at Subway or Quiznos is not worthy of the name and should be
banned regardless of religion.

Three words: damp, cold, and limp. I don't know why they bother.
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue,alt.slack

On 07/05/2010 21:10, Otto Bahn wrote:
> "N Ron > wrote
>
>>> Some subway restaurants have taken upon themselves to ban pork products.
>>> Yes - Bacon, Ham and other pork products have been completely banned
>>> from their restaurants. Why? Because some of their customers are Islamic
>>> and apparently won't eat at subway unless it is 100% halal.
>>> This is totally ridiculous!
>>> I know many people who eat bacon on their subs on a regular basis, and
>>> they are up in arms about this - and one site, baconpatrol.com has even
>>> setup a petition which I recommend you consider signing on behalf of
>>> bacon lovers everywhere. If you don't stand up for your right to choose
>>> what you eat then this will be a precedent for the future.

>> You shouldn't buy American fast food schitt anyway. Go
>> to a nice British shop that sells traditional hot pork
>> sandwiches.

> You Brits wouldn't know how to make a sandwich if your
> vegemite depended on it, mate.
>
> --oTTo--

Having not been to subway recently, I have to ask, do they serve a
vegetarian option??

If so, shouldn't they replace ALL meat produce with.... rabbit food,
halal or not?

Even better, if a customer with a wheat allergy.... or is that being TOO
ridiculous...?

--
Six big juicy steaks sizzled in a pan as five workmen left the quarry.

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue,alt.slack

On May 7, 11:34*pm, Jared > wrote:

> Three words: damp, cold, and limp. I don't know why they bother.

That's what she said.

---

Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue,alt.slack

On 2010-05-07, Otto Bahn wrote:

> It makes you have sex in the bathroom? Weird!

Like Mildred's Temple Kitchen?

--
War is God's way of teaching Americans geography.
[Ambrose Bierce]
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 06 May 2010 14:22:53 GMT, notbob wrote:

> On 2010-05-06, riagonzales1023 > wrote:
>>
>> Some subway restaurants have taken upon themselves to ban pork products.
>> Yes - Bacon, Ham and other pork products have been completely banned
>> from their restaurants. Why? Because some of their customers are Islamic
>> and apparently won't eat at subway unless it is 100% halal.
>> This is totally ridiculous!

> As is your subject line.
>
> After reading your post in its entirety, it's pretty obvious pork is
> not being banned in the UK or anywhere else. Just some restaurants
> are choosing to no longer carry pork products. Seems like a prudent
> business decision. Who would be stupid enough to open a steak house
> in the heart of Hindu India?

Plenty of steakhouses - even Outback Steakhouse.

They serve chicken, shrimp, and yak.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 7 May 2010 08:14:18 -0400, piedmont wrote:

> I drink root beer only, if I drink any other soft drink I'm up and down all
> night in the bathroom! Go figure! Fun fact, root beer only soft drink that
> doesn't attack tooth enamel.

Fun bullshit, that is. Are you really that gullible? That urban
legend is last least 40 years old. At least as old as they've been
putting phosphoric acid in a select few drinks.

-sw
Posted to alt.religion.kibology,alt.food.barbecue

On Fri, 7 May 2010 16:46:21 -0400, Otto Bahn wrote:

> As if the brits needed further assaults upon thier teeth
> as it is.

What is with all these Kibologists posting from Universities? Is
this what they do all day long, monitoring AFB looking for
crossposts (all the while lurking and envying our group).

Go ahead, take Piedmoth with you. Add him to your collection of
Martin's. The rest of us aren't stupid enough to care about your
cabal of virtual circle-jerks.

ObBBQ: Kettle brand makes the best BBQ potato chip.

-sw