Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Napoleon Apollo AS300K any good?

I saw one of these at Costcos this weekend Does anyone have any
experience with them? I'm comparing it to the WSM of course. I've cooked on
the WSM at my gf's for past couple years and Ilike the steady temps of
the WSM and am ready to semi-retire my offset. This Napoleon is a clone
with a few addiions I like, but is it as steady in cooking? Not much info
online that I could find.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 02 May 2010 20:38:29 GMT, Charly Horse wrote:

> I saw one of these at Costcos this weekend Does anyone have any
> experience with them? I'm comparing it to the WSM of course. I've cooked on
> the WSM at my gf's for past couple years and Ilike the steady temps of
> the WSM and am ready to semi-retire my offset. This Napoleon is a clone
> with a few addiions I like, but is it as steady in cooking? Not much info
> online that I could find.

I didn't see this week. How much was it?

I don't even consider a WSM because of the artificially high price.
CostCo must be abole to source them much cheaper. And I don't mind
giving them money.

-sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Charly Horse wrote:
> I saw one of these at Costcos this weekend Does anyone have any
> experience with them? I'm comparing it to the WSM of course. I've
> cooked on the WSM at my gf's for past couple years and Ilike the
> steady temps of the WSM and am ready to semi-retire my offset. This
> Napoleon is a clone with a few addiions I like, but is it as steady
> in cooking? Not much info online that I could find.

I have no idea how it would compare to the WSM, but I like the versatility
of it. It can be a regular sized WSM clone, to a supersized clone, to a
Weber Smokey Joe clone. It seems that the Napolean would be very versatile.
What I would be concerned with is how the quality of its construction and
materials compare to the Weber?

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Sqwertz > wrote in
:

> On 02 May 2010 20:38:29 GMT, Charly Horse wrote:
>
>> I saw one of these at Costcos this weekend Does anyone have any
>> experience with them? I'm comparing it to the WSM of course. I've
>> cooked on the WSM at my gf's for past couple years and Ilike the
>> steady temps of the WSM and am ready to semi-retire my offset. This
>> Napoleon is a clone with a few addiions I like, but is it as steady
>> in cooking? Not much info online that I could find.

> I didn't see this week. How much was it?
>
> I don't even consider a WSM because of the artificially high price.
> CostCo must be abole to source them much cheaper. And I don't mind
> giving them money.
>
> -sw

Was 249 about 50-60 less than I've found the WSM The WSM seems tohave
gone up in $ the last couple of years
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in
:

> Charly Horse wrote:
>> I saw one of these at Costcos this weekend Does anyone have any
>> experience with them? I'm comparing it to the WSM of course. I've
>> cooked on the WSM at my gf's for past couple years and Ilike the
>> steady temps of the WSM and am ready to semi-retire my offset. This
>> Napoleon is a clone with a few addiions I like, but is it as steady
>> in cooking? Not much info online that I could find.

> I have no idea how it would compare to the WSM, but I like the
> versatility of it. It can be a regular sized WSM clone, to a
> supersized clone, to a Weber Smokey Joe clone. It seems that the
> Napolean would be very versatile. What I would be concerned with is
> how the quality of its construction and materials compare to the
> Weber?

I didn't have time to examine it closly and going back to look again but
appeared well made. Doors were a bit small but I don't use the door on
WSM except for perhaps a chunk of wood. If I did get one I'd put
handles on the center section and I'd do same to WSM except it isn't
mine.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Charly Horse" > wrote in message
. ..
> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in
> :
>
>> Charly Horse wrote:
>>> I saw one of these at Costcos this weekend Does anyone have any
>>> experience with them? I'm comparing it to the WSM of course. I've
>>> cooked on the WSM at my gf's for past couple years and Ilike the
>>> steady temps of the WSM and am ready to semi-retire my offset. This
>>> Napoleon is a clone with a few addiions I like, but is it as steady
>>> in cooking? Not much info online that I could find.

>> I have no idea how it would compare to the WSM, but I like the
>> versatility of it. It can be a regular sized WSM clone, to a
>> supersized clone, to a Weber Smokey Joe clone. It seems that the
>> Napolean would be very versatile. What I would be concerned with is
>> how the quality of its construction and materials compare to the
>> Weber?
>>

> I didn't have time to examine it closly and going back to look again but
> appeared well made. Doors were a bit small but I don't use the door on
> WSM except for perhaps a chunk of wood. If I did get one I'd put
> handles on the center section and I'd do same to WSM except it isn't
> mine.

Garage door handles fit the screw spacing on the center section of a WSM.
You might check spacing on that Apollo for something similar before you
drill holes. Maybe you could donate the handles to the owner of the WSM.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 03 May 2010 14:40:41 GMT, Charly Horse wrote:

> Sqwertz > wrote in
> :
>
>> On 02 May 2010 20:38:29 GMT, Charly Horse wrote:
>>
>>> I saw one of these at Costcos this weekend Does anyone have any
>>> experience with them? I'm comparing it to the WSM of course. I've
>>> cooked on the WSM at my gf's for past couple years and Ilike the
>>> steady temps of the WSM and am ready to semi-retire my offset. This
>>> Napoleon is a clone with a few addiions I like, but is it as steady
>>> in cooking? Not much info online that I could find.

>> I didn't see this week. How much was it?
>>
>> I don't even consider a WSM because of the artificially high price.
>> CostCo must be abole to source them much cheaper. And I don't mind
>> giving them money.
>>
>> -sw

> Was 249 about 50-60 less than I've found the WSM The WSM seems tohave
> gone up in $ the last couple of years

Excellent. maybe I'll grab one just so I can brag with authority
that the WSM sucks ass.

(it's still not worth 8 ECBG's, though).

-=sw
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Charly Horse" > wrote in message
>I saw one of these at Costcos this weekend Does anyone have any
> experience with them? I'm comparing it to the WSM of course. I've cooked
> on
> the WSM at my gf's for past couple years and Ilike the steady temps of
> the WSM and am ready to semi-retire my offset. This Napoleon is a clone
> with a few addiions I like, but is it as steady in cooking? Not much info
> online that I could find.

Never saw it before but it looks really interesting, I'm attempting to
contact the compnay to see what the walls are made of, if the same material
as the Weber, it would be a nice unit.

--
regards, piedmont (michael)
The Practical BBQ'r - http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Here's a video about that I found, http://goo.gl/u0U8

--
regards, piedmont (michael)
The Practical BBQ'r - http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
(mawil55) Hardiness Zone 7-8

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

http://goo.gl/paQ5

detailed break down of cooker.
--
regards, piedmont (michael)
The Practical BBQ'r - http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
(mawil55) Hardiness Zone 7-8

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Charly Horse" > wrote in message
>I saw one of these at Costcos this weekend Does anyone have any
> experience with them? I'm comparing it to the WSM of course. I've cooked
> on
> the WSM at my gf's for past couple years and Ilike the steady temps of
> the WSM and am ready to semi-retire my offset. This Napoleon is a clone
> with a few addiions I like, but is it as steady in cooking? Not much info
> online that I could find.

Is that a US Costco or Canadian?

--
regards, piedmont (michael)
The Practical BBQ'r - http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
(mawil55) Hardiness Zone 7-8

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Charly Horse" > wrote in message
>I saw one of these at Costcos this weekend Does anyone have any
> experience with them? I'm comparing it to the WSM of course. I've cooked
> on
> the WSM at my gf's for past couple years and Ilike the steady temps of
> the WSM and am ready to semi-retire my offset. This Napoleon is a clone
> with a few addiions I like, but is it as steady in cooking? Not much info
> online that I could find.

Charly,

Can you tell which Costco store City, Country. state address and get me a
UPC code? I cannot find it on Costco website nor does the local store in
charlotte, NC have it.

--
regards, piedmont (michael)
The Practical BBQ'r - http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
(mawil55) Hardiness Zone 7-8

napoleon apollo assembly video piedmont Barbecue 0 05-05-2010 12:29 AM
Raspberry Napoleon Duckie ® Recipes 0 27-03-2005 07:11 PM
Demeyere Apollo 11 duraglide fry-pan vs plain stainless George Orwell General Cooking 0 14-07-2004 05:41 AM
Demeyere Apollo duraglide fry-pan vs plain stainless Tom Jastrzebski General Cooking 1 13-07-2004 02:48 PM