Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default tried a new Q joint

Heading south out of Charlotte, NC on highway 521. In South Carolina
not far from the North Carolina state line. Is a family owned bbq
restaurant. Been open no more than 3 years. I go by there all the time
and finally stopped in to try it out. They do brisket, shredded pork,
baby backs, hushpuppys, beans, slaw. That type of menu. I tried the
rib tray which was about 9 bones with fries and hush puppies for
$10.00. They apply sweet tomato based sauce to ribs just as they serve
it. I enjoyed it and will go back to try brisket. Its called '521
BBQ'.
mike (piedmont)
the practical bbq'r
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On May 1, 9:22*am, piedmont > wrote:
> Heading south out of Charlotte, NC on highway 521. In South Carolina
> not far from the North Carolina state line. Is a family owned bbq
> restaurant. Been open no more than 3 years. I go by there all the time
> and finally stopped in to try it out. They do brisket, shredded pork,
> baby backs, hushpuppys, beans, slaw. That type of menu. I tried the
> rib tray which was about 9 bones with fries and hush puppies for
> $10.00. They apply sweet tomato based sauce to ribs just as they serve
> it. I enjoyed it and will go back to try brisket. Its called '521
> BBQ'.
> mike (piedmont)
> the practical bbq'r

521 out of Charlotte.. thanks for the heads up, Mike.
I'm North of all that in the Triad.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

" > wrote in message
On May 1, 9:22 am, piedmont > wrote:
> Heading south out of Charlotte, NC on highway 521. In South Carolina
> not far from the North Carolina state line. Is a family owned bbq
> restaurant. Been open no more than 3 years. I go by there all the time
> and finally stopped in to try it out. They do brisket, shredded pork,
> baby backs, hushpuppys, beans, slaw. That type of menu. I tried the
> rib tray which was about 9 bones with fries and hush puppies for
> $10.00. They apply sweet tomato based sauce to ribs just as they serve
> it. I enjoyed it and will go back to try brisket. Its called '521
> BBQ'.
> mike (piedmont)
> the practical bbq'r

521 out of Charlotte.. thanks for the heads up, Mike.
I'm North of all that in the Triad.

Your, what, 3 hours from Charlotte so it would be another 30 minutes from
I85/485, going 485 to 521/Johnston south for future reference.

--
regards, piedmont (michael)
The Practical BBQ'r - http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/

Another BBQ joint done gone Zz Yzx Barbecue 9 01-09-2012 04:00 PM
joint venture Sandra Figueroa Diabetic 3 07-03-2005 12:26 AM
joint venture Sandra Figueroa Barbecue 11 05-03-2005 05:24 PM
joint venture Sandra Figueroa Asian Cooking 3 05-03-2005 12:51 AM
joint venture Sandra Figueroa Asian Cooking 0 04-03-2005 08:34 PM