Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default On horizontal pits

In article >,
Cleatarrior > wrote:

> On 4/21/2010 9:27 PM, Omelet wrote:
> > In >,
> > > wrote:

> >> Lotsa push ups too!
> >>
> >> Must have a Marine background ;-)

> > <Snork> Second only to the Anole on pushups!
> > Seems to be a lizard thing.<g>

> Lol, they do stay in shape...

Unless they eat well. ;-)

> > <lol> They got powerful hind legs! I got my tadpole from the pet store.
> > She was in with the feeder goldfish. They said that they came in
> > accidently from time to time.

> Interesting, do goldfish get after them at all?

Bullfrog tad's are too big!

> > Ob food, Fiesta has fresh frozen frog legs for around $5.00 per lb.
> > Cleaned squids too, or just squid rings if you want them that way. Same
> > price.
> >
> > Got some fresh frozen catfish fillets for $2.00 per lb. the other day.
> > I plan to coat them lightly in spiced rice flour and bake them.

> I've been finding pretty good quality ocean perch fillets at Wal Mart of
> late - forgot the price, but very reasonable.
>
> Dredged in corn meal and seasoned flour, egg dip, they're dandy in an
> iron skillet of hot veg, oil.

Yum. :-)

> >> Hamsters I do not care for, very unpredictable and spiteful.

> > On both points, we totally agree! Hamsters are cute but do not really
> > make good pets.

> They even attack gerbils, which I find unforgivable. No interspecies
> aggression, grrr....

Yah right. I picked up a hamster once from the school lab and put it in
a cage with a mouse just for transport. Within seconds, the hamster
ripped the throat out of the mouse and it was dead.

The hamster was not nice to humans either. It became snake food.

> >> Yes, early and often.

> > Kinda like kittens or baby skunks.<g>

> Yup.

> >> Lol.

> > I see you recognize the reference. ;-)

> Alphaville?

Star Trek.

> >> One wonders if too with people....

> > Nature vs. nurture has been a favorite of shrinks for years!

> I'm going with a straddle, some of both...

Indeed. :-)
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 4/22/2010 8:07 PM, Omelet wrote:
> In >,
> > wrote:
>
>> On 4/21/2010 9:27 PM, Omelet wrote:
>>> In >,

>>> <Snork> Second only to the Anole on pushups!
>>> Seems to be a lizard thing.<g>

>> Lol, they do stay in shape...

> Unless they eat well. ;-)
>
>>> <lol> They got powerful hind legs! I got my tadpole from the pet store.
>>> She was in with the feeder goldfish. They said that they came in
>>> accidently from time to time.

>> Interesting, do goldfish get after them at all?

> Bullfrog tad's are too big!

OK, guess mine were some other smaller froggie.

>>> Ob food, Fiesta has fresh frozen frog legs for around $5.00 per lb.
>>> Cleaned squids too, or just squid rings if you want them that way. Same
>>> price.
>>>
>>> Got some fresh frozen catfish fillets for $2.00 per lb. the other day.
>>> I plan to coat them lightly in spiced rice flour and bake them.

>> I've been finding pretty good quality ocean perch fillets at Wal Mart of
>> late - forgot the price, but very reasonable.
>>
>> Dredged in corn meal and seasoned flour, egg dip, they're dandy in an
>> iron skillet of hot veg, oil.

> Yum. :-)

>>> On both points, we totally agree! Hamsters are cute but do not really
>>> make good pets.

>> They even attack gerbils, which I find unforgivable. No interspecies
>> aggression, grrr....

> Yah right. I picked up a hamster once from the school lab and put it in
> a cage with a mouse just for transport. Within seconds, the hamster
> ripped the throat out of the mouse and it was dead.
>
> The hamster was not nice to humans either. It became snake food.

A sensible end to an unreasonable killer!

>>> Kinda like kittens or baby skunks.<g>

>> Yup.

>>> I see you recognize the reference. ;-)

>> Alphaville?

> Star Trek.

Lol, and you had one named Guinan too?

>>> Nature vs. nurture has been a favorite of shrinks for years!

>> I'm going with a straddle, some of both...

> Indeed. :-)

Some kids just come out mean, regardless of the parents.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Cleatarrior > wrote:

> > The hamster was not nice to humans either. It became snake food.

> A sensible end to an unreasonable killer!

Satisfying... even tho' I'm sure she was following her nature.
But then again... I do believe that genes count.

> >> Alphaville?

> > Star Trek.

> Lol, and you had one named Guinan too?

Not a bad idea. <g> If I ever adopt another rat!

> >> I'm going with a straddle, some of both...

> > Indeed. :-)

> Some kids just come out mean, regardless of the parents.

Societal influence perhaps?
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 4/23/2010 7:37 PM, Omelet wrote:
> In >,
> > wrote:
>
>>> The hamster was not nice to humans either. It became snake food.

>> A sensible end to an unreasonable killer!

> Satisfying... even tho' I'm sure she was following her nature.
> But then again... I do believe that genes count.

>>> Star Trek.

>> Lol, and you had one named Guinan too?

> Not a bad idea.<g> If I ever adopt another rat!

>>> Indeed. :-)

>> Some kids just come out mean, regardless of the parents.

> Societal influence perhaps?

I'm recalling one or two I found that way very early on, 5 or so.

That gives me pause.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Cleatarrior > wrote:

> On 4/23/2010 7:37 PM, Omelet wrote:

> >> A sensible end to an unreasonable killer!

> > Satisfying... even tho' I'm sure she was following her nature.
> > But then again... I do believe that genes count.

> >> Lol, and you had one named Guinan too?

> > Not a bad idea.<g> If I ever adopt another rat!

> >> Some kids just come out mean, regardless of the parents.

> > Societal influence perhaps?

> I'm recalling one or two I found that way very early on, 5 or so.
>
> That gives me pause.

I think sit-com television has made the problem worse...
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 4/24/2010 5:10 AM, Omelet wrote:
> In >,
> > wrote:
>
>> On 4/23/2010 7:37 PM, Omelet wrote:
>>> In >,

>>> Satisfying... even tho' I'm sure she was following her nature.
>>> But then again... I do believe that genes count.

>>> Not a bad idea.<g> If I ever adopt another rat!

>>> Societal influence perhaps?

>> I'm recalling one or two I found that way very early on, 5 or so.
>>
>> That gives me pause.

> I think sit-com television has made the problem worse...

Human imitative capacity + little restraint = yes.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Cleatarrior > wrote:

> >> I'm recalling one or two I found that way very early on, 5 or so.
> >>
> >> That gives me pause.

> > I think sit-com television has made the problem worse...

> Human imitative capacity + little restraint = yes.

I agree...
--
Peace! Om