Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default RIP Harry

Nick Cramer wrote:
> I received this from Harry Demidevicious' widow, Samantha, about 1/2
> hour ago.
>
> "Harry passed away this afternoon. He fought this "thing" like a
> tiger but it caught him in the end. I am very sad, but also
> relieved, as this past two years have been so difficult for him.
> Could you please let some of the "old boys" know. many thanks."

Harry was the one, eons ago, who turned me onto the Kamado. He was also at
the grand opening of my bbq joint. This is sad. May Harry have the peace he
deserves.
--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 4/3/2010 11:02 PM, Nick Cramer wrote:
> I received this from Harry Demidevicious' widow, Samantha, about 1/2 hour
> ago.
>
> "Harry passed away this afternoon. He fought this "thing" like a tiger
> but it caught him in the end. I am very sad, but also relieved, as
> this past two years have been so difficult for him. Could you please
> let some of the "old boys" know. many thanks."

By gosh Harry has been on AFB forever! Very sad to hear of his passing!
I learned a great deal from Harry, very sorely missed!

--
regards, mike
piedmont, The Practical BBQ'r
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

I received this from Harry Demidevicious' widow, Samantha, about 1/2 hour
ago.

"Harry passed away this afternoon. He fought this "thing" like a tiger
but it caught him in the end. I am very sad, but also relieved, as
this past two years have been so difficult for him. Could you please
let some of the "old boys" know. many thanks."

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Nick Cramer > wrote:

> I received this from Harry Demidevicious' widow, Samantha, about 1/2 hour
> ago.
>
> "Harry passed away this afternoon. He fought this "thing" like a tiger
> but it caught him in the end. I am very sad, but also relieved, as
> this past two years have been so difficult for him. Could you please
> let some of the "old boys" know. many thanks."

Thanks Nick.

I also got this news via private e-mail. :-(

So sad!
--
Peace! Om

"We're all adults here, except for those of us who aren't." --Blake Murphy
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>I received this from Harry Demidevicious' widow, Samantha, about 1/2 hour
> ago.
>
> "Harry passed away this afternoon. He fought this "thing" like a tiger
> but it caught him in the end. I am very sad, but also relieved, as
> this past two years have been so difficult for him. Could you please
> let some of the "old boys" know. many thanks."

So sorry to hear that.

TFM®

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

May his family have the peace he has attained. We are diminished by
his passing.
Nan in DE

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

..
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Apr 3, 8:02*pm, Nick Cramer > wrote:

Thank you for sharing with us Nick.

Harry definitely helped improve my grilling skills back when. A good
gourmand and man.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nick Cramer wrote:
> I received this from Harry Demidevicious' widow, Samantha, about 1/2 hour
> ago.
>
> "Harry passed away this afternoon. He fought this "thing" like a tiger
> but it caught him in the end. I am very sad, but also relieved, as
> this past two years have been so difficult for him. Could you please
> let some of the "old boys" know. many thanks."

Thanks for passing it on Nick. My sincerest condolences to Harry's
family.

Maybe he and Moosie are boiling some ribs up and tossin' a few back.

Bye Harry... I'll add you to my list of people I reflect on when I fire
up the lump.

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 3-Apr-2010, Nick Cramer > wrote:

> I received this from Harry Demidevicious' widow, Samantha, about 1/2 hour
> ago.
>
> "Harry passed away this afternoon. He fought this "thing" like a tiger
> but it caught him in the end. I am very sad, but also relieved, as
> this past two years have been so difficult for him. Could you please
> let some of the "old boys" know. many thanks."
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV.

Thanks for relaying Nick. Harry will be sorely missed. We corresponded
frequently before he moved west. I guess he got sick shortly thereafter.
Let's just take a minute to remember, Jack Curry, Cuchulain "Hound" Libby,
Big Dog, Christine "Kili" Tipton and of course now Harry Demidevicious.
Not a clinker in the bunch.

Brick said that

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Brick" > wrote in message
ster.com...

> On 3-Apr-2010, Nick Cramer > wrote:
>
>> I received this from Harry Demidevicious' widow, Samantha, about 1/2 hour
>> ago.
>>
>> "Harry passed away this afternoon. He fought this "thing" like a tiger
>> but it caught him in the end. I am very sad, but also relieved, as
>> this past two years have been so difficult for him. Could you please
>> let some of the "old boys" know. many thanks."
>>
>> --
>> Nick, KI6VAV.

> Thanks for relaying Nick. Harry will be sorely missed. We corresponded
> frequently before he moved west. I guess he got sick shortly thereafter.
> Let's just take a minute to remember, Jack Curry, Cuchulain "Hound" Libby,
> Big Dog, Christine "Kili" Tipton and of course now Harry Demidevicious.
> Not a clinker in the bunch.
>
> Brick said that

Well said!

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
>I received this from Harry Demidevicious' widow, Samantha, about 1/2 hour
> ago.
>
> "Harry passed away this afternoon. He fought this "thing" like a tiger
> but it caught him in the end. I am very sad, but also relieved, as
> this past two years have been so difficult for him. Could you please
> let some of the "old boys" know. many thanks."
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Godspeed Harry A. Demidevicious. Prayers of comfort for those who love him.

KW

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Apr 5, 8:57*am, "KW" > wrote:
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> >I received this from Harry Demidevicious' widow, Samantha, about 1/2 hour
> > ago.

> > "Harry passed away this afternoon. *He fought this "thing" like a tiger
> > but it caught him in the end. *I am very sad, but also relieved, as
> > this past two years have been so difficult for him. *Could you please
> > let some of the "old boys" know. *many thanks."

> > --
> > Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> > families: *https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/* *Thank a Veteran!
> > Support Our Troops: *http://anymarine.com/* You are not forgotten.
> > Thanks ! ! * * * * * * * * ~Semper Fi~ * * * * * * * *USMC 1365061

> Godspeed Harry A. Demidevicious. Prayers of comfort for those who love him.
>
> KW

Condolences from our family to Harry's. His contributions to AFB will
be sorely missed. May his family find comfort in their time of loss.
He joins some other highly regarded AFBers that have gone before him.
They will have a good time.

Rob
Q for all so long as it's not parboiled ribs.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

http://groups.google.com/groups/sear...cius+&safe=off