Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Searing beef on a grill

On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 15:08:31 -0400, TFM® > wrote:

>"Omelet" > wrote in message
>news

>>> My hood fan is the same way. I disconnect the smoke detector and put a
>>> box fan in the window!

>> Try a different oil. My kitchen smoke alarm hardly ever gets set off
>> and I get a good pan sear. The toaster oven broiling nearly always sets
>> it off.

>Maybe he should try a different smoke alarm...
>Mine goes off when I get out of the shower, but then again, I shower in the
>nude...
>
>TFM®

I don't. I shower naked!

Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

"If people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines
they take, their bodies will soon be
in as sorry a state as are the souls of
those who live under tyranny"

"Thomas Jefferson"
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Gene > wrote:

> >> I googled "Bone in Stakes" and got nonsense.
> >>
> >> TFM®

> >I figured he hadn't had is coffee yet. <g>

> NOT TRUE!
>
> Had about 20 beers in me!
>
> Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

That was my second theory, but did not want to mention it. <g>
--
Peace! Om

"We're all adults here, except for those of us who aren't." --Blake Murphy
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

snip

>> Its hard to give enough credit to the flavor developed in the surface of
>> a properly seared steak as opposed to a fully cooked but unseared
>> steak. I personally like just the right amount of S&P seared right into
>> the steak. I never use garlic or onion with such high heat.

Pepper burns. Bet to add it at the end. But sometimes I put it on at
the start too.

>Nope! Gets bitter. But Soy sauce works.
>
>I did not let the oven heat enough last night so only got a good sear
>around the edges of the steak.<sigh> And it was almost medium rare
>after 5 minutes. I gotta refine my technique. Maybe turn it at 2
>minutes and cook for 2 more under the elements.? I dunno. I'll probably
>either go back to pan searing in the kitchen or depend on the contact
>grill as it is always reliable, even with no temp. control.

I would go with the pan. You can get it hotter and keep it at the temp
you want better.

Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

"If people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines
they take, their bodies will soon be
in as sorry a state as are the souls of
those who live under tyranny"

"Thomas Jefferson"
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Gene > wrote:

> >I have my wonderful turkey fryer burner just outside the back door and quite
> >the collection of cast iron implements to keep any nasty cooking jobs where
> >they belong.
> >

> >TFM®

> I use my turkey fryer burner to heat my wok. Damn it is just like the
> fires of hell.
>
> Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

I guess I'm going to have to get one of those, and re-do an area out
back for it. I have the stones to build a stonework patio. I have this
monster griswold I used to use as a roasting pan.

Might be perfect for the ultimate steak sear with no coals. <g>
--
Peace! Om

"We're all adults here, except for those of us who aren't." --Blake Murphy
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

>If you didn't know any better, it probably wouldn't bother you. It smarts
>though when you know better and go ahead and do it anyway. Don't
>plan on age curing your problem. It sure hasn't cured mine. If anything,
>it gets worse because you start counting the times you did the same
>damn stupid thing expecting the results to come out different.

Brick speaks the words of wisdom.

I apply Einstiens deffinition of insanity all the time.

Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

"If people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines
they take, their bodies will soon be
in as sorry a state as are the souls of
those who live under tyranny"

"Thomas Jefferson"

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

snip

>Now I know I'm in fantasy land. Two whole days and this thread is still
>on topic. Nobody has even made one of those off the wall pure BS
>statements except of course about me being a wimp.

Want me to tell you how to brine a steak?

Every 12 year>old in the hood knows I'm the baddest mofo on the
Florida west coast.

Yea, but FLORIDA? Seriously?

Hehhehe
Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

"If people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines
they take, their bodies will soon be
in as sorry a state as are the souls of
those who live under tyranny"

"Thomas Jefferson"
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Gene > wrote:

> >It is difficult to cook in pans in the pit. I've been considering a
> >second grill for quite some time now and reserving the pit strictly for
> >smoking.

> Turkey fryer burner. Outstanding for an outdoor wok too!
>
> Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

That is now being seriously considered. Just need to set up a safe
place for it away from the house and out from under the trees. <g>
--
Peace! Om

"We're all adults here, except for those of us who aren't." --Blake Murphy
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Gene > wrote:

> >I did not let the oven heat enough last night so only got a good sear
> >around the edges of the steak.<sigh> And it was almost medium rare
> >after 5 minutes. I gotta refine my technique. Maybe turn it at 2
> >minutes and cook for 2 more under the elements.? I dunno. I'll probably
> >either go back to pan searing in the kitchen or depend on the contact
> >grill as it is always reliable, even with no temp. control.

> I would go with the pan. You can get it hotter and keep it at the temp
> you want better.
>

> Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

Indeed. It's never failed me yet!
--
Peace! Om

"We're all adults here, except for those of us who aren't." --Blake Murphy
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 00:00:22 -0600, Omelet >
wrote:

>> >I figured he hadn't had is coffee yet. <g>

>> NOT TRUE!
>>
>> Had about 20 beers in me!
>>
>> Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

>That was my second theory, but did not want to mention it. <g>

I HAVE been called worse than a drunk.

In fact "You are worse than a drunk!" comes to mind

Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

"If people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines
they take, their bodies will soon be
in as sorry a state as are the souls of
those who live under tyranny"

"Thomas Jefferson"
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 00:04:41 -0600, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> Gene > wrote:
>
>> >It is difficult to cook in pans in the pit. I've been considering a
>> >second grill for quite some time now and reserving the pit strictly for
>> >smoking.

>> Turkey fryer burner. Outstanding for an outdoor wok too!
>>
>> Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

>That is now being seriously considered. Just need to set up a safe
>place for it away from the house and out from under the trees. <g>

I have a REAL wok. That burner got the bottom red hot!

Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

"If people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines
they take, their bodies will soon be
in as sorry a state as are the souls of
those who live under tyranny"

"Thomas Jefferson"

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 00:02:26 -0600, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> Gene > wrote:
>
>> >I have my wonderful turkey fryer burner just outside the back door and quite
>> >the collection of cast iron implements to keep any nasty cooking jobs where
>> >they belong.
>> >

>> >TFM®

>> I use my turkey fryer burner to heat my wok. Damn it is just like the
>> fires of hell.
>>
>> Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

>I guess I'm going to have to get one of those, and re-do an area out
>back for it. I have the stones to build a stonework patio. I have this
>monster griswold I used to use as a roasting pan.
>
>Might be perfect for the ultimate steak sear with no coals. <g>

I gotta see a pic!

Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

"If people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines
they take, their bodies will soon be
in as sorry a state as are the souls of
those who live under tyranny"

"Thomas Jefferson"
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 29 Mar 2010 00:08:08 -0600, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> Gene > wrote:
>
>> >I did not let the oven heat enough last night so only got a good sear
>> >around the edges of the steak.<sigh> And it was almost medium rare
>> >after 5 minutes. I gotta refine my technique. Maybe turn it at 2
>> >minutes and cook for 2 more under the elements.? I dunno. I'll probably
>> >either go back to pan searing in the kitchen or depend on the contact
>> >grill as it is always reliable, even with no temp. control.

>> I would go with the pan. You can get it hotter and keep it at the temp
>> you want better.
>>

>> Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

>Indeed. It's never failed me yet!

Fire, something to put the food on or hold the food with. All else is
a gadget!

LOL

Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

"If people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines
they take, their bodies will soon be
in as sorry a state as are the souls of
those who live under tyranny"

"Thomas Jefferson"
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Gene > wrote:

> >That was my second theory, but did not want to mention it. <g>

> I HAVE been called worse than a drunk.
>
> In fact "You are worse than a drunk!" comes to mind
>
> Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

Beer and BBQ are kind of a given. <g>
--
Peace! Om

"We're all adults here, except for those of us who aren't." --Blake Murphy
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Gene > wrote:

> >I guess I'm going to have to get one of those, and re-do an area out
> >back for it. I have the stones to build a stonework patio. I have this
> >monster griswold I used to use as a roasting pan.
> >
> >Might be perfect for the ultimate steak sear with no coals. <g>

> I gotta see a pic!
>
> Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

I'll take one of it one of these days. It's buried under all the extra
pans in the oven at the moment. ;-) I've not used it in awhile, but it
fits a 20 lb. turkey with no problems.
--
Peace! Om

"We're all adults here, except for those of us who aren't." --Blake Murphy
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

problem with msg is it makes some of us who are prone to migraines sick, i
love what it does for food, so for those of you who can use msg without
healt issues, please use it, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> Gene > wrote:
>
>> snip
>>
>> >Lemon pepper, MSG preceded by a very light coating of soy sauce.

>> Soy sauce has the salt

> I know, but adds more flavor too. :-)
>
>> and MSG is only one atom away from salt (or one
>> molecule, I can't remember). MSG is NOT bad. God save us from bull
>> shit please.

> You may note I'm not afraid to use it. It helps me use less salt
> actually.

>> >Nice arrangement.

>> Wait till I hit him on my DVD idea!

> I can hardly wait!
>>
>> >Watch out tho' for using pure mesquite! I made that mistake once and
>> >had to toss a piece of smoked brisket as it was way too bitter. I now
>> >use more oak (since I have plenty of fallen branches at the moment) and
>> >just add a small amount of mesquite to my oak coals.

>> Thanks but I would never and have never used pure mesq. for brisket.
>> It is a low slow cook and would/could turn the meat bitter. But for
>> fast cooking like steaks it adds the smoke I like with out the bitter.
>>
>> You really got to try it some time for steaks. Burns very hot!
>>

> I currently have a large pile of it... :-)
>>
>> Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> "We're all adults here, except for those of us who aren't." --Blake Murphy

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

I'll be right over next time you do this meal, lee
"Brick" > wrote in message
ster.com...

> On 26-Mar-2010, Gene > wrote:
>
> . . .
>

>> All you need is 700F degrees at contact with the meat. It can be gas,
>> open flame, cast iron, what ever. Over 700, you get a faster sear.
>> Better, but not the end all be all difference.
>>
>> The surface of the meat being dry sure does help for obvious reasons.
>>
>> Just my 2 cents.
>>
>> Peace!
>>
>> Gene

> I read through the whole thread and had to do a double take. Every
> single poster knew what they were talking about and every post
> contributed something. I need to double check what I'm drinking.
> I must be high on something.
>
> I don't do steaks in the kitchen very often. My stove hood vent isn't
> powerful enough to carry off the smoke. And I find myself reluctant
> to get a grill pan hot enough on my stovetop to get the job done right.
> I have an unjustified fear of damaging my cooktop with the heat reflected
> from a super hot grill or grillpan.
>
> Last week I got stingy with the fuel in my sportsman grill even though I
> knew better. I could hold my hand within about 2 inches of the grill, but
> went ahead and tried to cook steaks anyway. Needless to say, 7 minutes
> on a side is no way to cook a steak.
>
> Last night I built a proper fire. I couldn't get my hand closer then about
> 8 inches from the grill. The steaks were perfect at 2 minutes per side.
> (1 inch NY steaks). Nice even sear, even close to a char on the ends and
> even 3/4" thick rare center.
>
> I had fuel in the firebox withing about 1 inch of the grill. There was
> some
> grease drip into the fire, but flareup was minimized by virtually
> vaporizing
> the grease as fast as it dripped. I did not have to move the meat or
> resort
> to spritzing the fire. I love it when a plan comes together.
>
> Sides were large baker potatoes roasted naked in a 400F oven with
> 20 p nails inserted in both ends with about 1-1/2" sticking out. Taters
> were cooked to 200F then wrapped in dish towels to mellow out while
> I got the table set up. Steamed green beans rounded out the plate with
> hot crusty Italian bread and whipped butter on the side.
>
> Its hard to give enough credit to the flavor developed in the surface of
> a properly seared steak as opposed to a fully cooked but unseared
> steak. I personally like just the right amount of S&P seared right into
> the steak. I never use garlic or onion with such high heat.
>
> --
> Brick (Agreeing by example with the rest of the thread)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

I feel less alone now, it smells horrible to me out of the jar and just
plain nasty when its hot, i thought i was the only person living who felt
this way, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> Gene > wrote:
>
>> On Sat, 27 Mar 2010 00:04:27 -0600, Omelet >
>> wrote:

>> >Try a different oil. My kitchen smoke alarm hardly ever gets set off
>> >and I get a good pan sear. The toaster oven broiling nearly always sets
>> >it off.

>> Peanut, canola, it does not matter. Small space, hot as hell pan. I
>> don't mind. Heheheh.
>>
>> Gene

> Don't reject Grape Seed oil. :-) Different types of oil can make a
> difference in final flavor too, but you already knew that!
>
> I personally cannot stand Canola oil. <g>
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> "We're all adults here, except for those of us who aren't." --Blake Murphy

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Move over girl, it is my turn to drive.

"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> I'll be right over next time you do this meal, lee
> "Brick" > wrote in message
> ster.com...
>>
>> On 26-Mar-2010, Gene > wrote:
>>
>> . . .
>>

>>> All you need is 700F degrees at contact with the meat. It can be gas,
>>> open flame, cast iron, what ever. Over 700, you get a faster sear.
>>> Better, but not the end all be all difference.
>>>
>>> The surface of the meat being dry sure does help for obvious reasons.
>>>
>>> Just my 2 cents.
>>>
>>> Peace!
>>>
>>> Gene

>> I read through the whole thread and had to do a double take. Every
>> single poster knew what they were talking about and every post
>> contributed something. I need to double check what I'm drinking.
>> I must be high on something.
>>
>> I don't do steaks in the kitchen very often. My stove hood vent isn't
>> powerful enough to carry off the smoke. And I find myself reluctant
>> to get a grill pan hot enough on my stovetop to get the job done right.
>> I have an unjustified fear of damaging my cooktop with the heat reflected
>> from a super hot grill or grillpan.
>>
>> Last week I got stingy with the fuel in my sportsman grill even though I
>> knew better. I could hold my hand within about 2 inches of the grill, but
>> went ahead and tried to cook steaks anyway. Needless to say, 7 minutes
>> on a side is no way to cook a steak.
>>
>> Last night I built a proper fire. I couldn't get my hand closer then
>> about
>> 8 inches from the grill. The steaks were perfect at 2 minutes per side.
>> (1 inch NY steaks). Nice even sear, even close to a char on the ends and
>> even 3/4" thick rare center.
>>
>> I had fuel in the firebox withing about 1 inch of the grill. There was
>> some
>> grease drip into the fire, but flareup was minimized by virtually
>> vaporizing
>> the grease as fast as it dripped. I did not have to move the meat or
>> resort
>> to spritzing the fire. I love it when a plan comes together.
>>
>> Sides were large baker potatoes roasted naked in a 400F oven with
>> 20 p nails inserted in both ends with about 1-1/2" sticking out. Taters
>> were cooked to 200F then wrapped in dish towels to mellow out while
>> I got the table set up. Steamed green beans rounded out the plate with
>> hot crusty Italian bread and whipped butter on the side.
>>
>> Its hard to give enough credit to the flavor developed in the surface of
>> a properly seared steak as opposed to a fully cooked but unseared
>> steak. I personally like just the right amount of S&P seared right into
>> the steak. I never use garlic or onion with such high heat.
>>
>> --
>> Brick (Agreeing by example with the rest of the thread)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

lol, glad you are back, make sure you read this whole thread, one of the
best ever in this group, good tips, on topic and funny as hell, Lee
"Granby" > wrote in message
> Move over girl, it is my turn to drive.
>
> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> I'll be right over next time you do this meal, lee
>> "Brick" > wrote in message
>> ster.com...
>>>
>>> On 26-Mar-2010, Gene > wrote:
>>>
>>> . . .

>>> I read through the whole thread and had to do a double take. Every
>>> single poster knew what they were talking about and every post
>>> contributed something. I need to double check what I'm drinking.
>>> I must be high on something.
>>>
>>> I don't do steaks in the kitchen very often. My stove hood vent isn't
>>> powerful enough to carry off the smoke. And I find myself reluctant
>>> to get a grill pan hot enough on my stovetop to get the job done right.
>>> I have an unjustified fear of damaging my cooktop with the heat
>>> reflected
>>> from a super hot grill or grillpan.
>>>
>>> Last week I got stingy with the fuel in my sportsman grill even though I
>>> knew better. I could hold my hand within about 2 inches of the grill,
>>> but
>>> went ahead and tried to cook steaks anyway. Needless to say, 7 minutes
>>> on a side is no way to cook a steak.
>>>
>>> Last night I built a proper fire. I couldn't get my hand closer then
>>> about
>>> 8 inches from the grill. The steaks were perfect at 2 minutes per side.
>>> (1 inch NY steaks). Nice even sear, even close to a char on the ends and
>>> even 3/4" thick rare center.
>>>
>>> I had fuel in the firebox withing about 1 inch of the grill. There was
>>> some
>>> grease drip into the fire, but flareup was minimized by virtually
>>> vaporizing
>>> the grease as fast as it dripped. I did not have to move the meat or
>>> resort
>>> to spritzing the fire. I love it when a plan comes together.
>>>
>>> Sides were large baker potatoes roasted naked in a 400F oven with
>>> 20 p nails inserted in both ends with about 1-1/2" sticking out. Taters
>>> were cooked to 200F then wrapped in dish towels to mellow out while
>>> I got the table set up. Steamed green beans rounded out the plate with
>>> hot crusty Italian bread and whipped butter on the side.
>>>
>>> Its hard to give enough credit to the flavor developed in the surface of
>>> a properly seared steak as opposed to a fully cooked but unseared
>>> steak. I personally like just the right amount of S&P seared right into
>>> the steak. I never use garlic or onion with such high heat.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Brick (Agreeing by example with the rest of the thread)

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

does stormee drive, lee? dale
On Jun 9, 6:37*pm, "Granby" > wrote:
> Move over girl, it is my turn to drive.
>
> "Stormmee" > wrote in message

> > I'll be right over next time you do this meal, lee
> > "Brick" > wrote in message
> nster.com...

> >> On 26-Mar-2010, Gene > wrote:

> >> . . .

> >> I read through the whole thread and had to do a double take. Every
> >> single poster knew what they were talking about and every post
> >> contributed something. I need to double check what I'm drinking.
> >> I must be high on something.

> >> I don't do steaks in the kitchen very often. My stove hood vent isn't
> >> powerful enough to carry off the smoke. And I find myself reluctant
> >> to get a grill pan hot enough on my stovetop to get the job done right..
> >> I have an unjustified fear of damaging my cooktop with the heat reflected
> >> from a super hot grill *or grillpan.

> >> Last week I got stingy with the fuel in my sportsman grill even though I
> >> knew better. I could hold my hand within about 2 inches of the grill, but
> >> went ahead and tried to cook steaks anyway. Needless to say, 7 minutes
> >> on a side is no way to cook a steak.

> >> Last night I built a proper fire. I couldn't get my hand closer then
> >> about
> >> 8 inches from the grill. The steaks were perfect at 2 minutes per side..
> >> (1 inch NY steaks). Nice even sear, even close to a char on the ends and
> >> even 3/4" thick rare center.

> >> I had fuel in the firebox withing about 1 inch of the grill. There was
> >> some
> >> grease drip into the fire, but flareup was minimized by virtually
> >> vaporizing
> >> the grease as fast as it dripped. I did not have to move the meat or
> >> resort
> >> to spritzing the fire. I love it when a plan comes together.

> >> Sides were large baker potatoes roasted naked in a 400F oven with
> >> 20 p nails inserted in both ends with about 1-1/2" sticking out. Taters
> >> were cooked to 200F then wrapped in dish towels to mellow out while
> >> I got the table set up. Steamed green beans rounded out the plate with
> >> hot crusty Italian bread and whipped butter on the side.

> >> Its hard to give enough credit to the flavor developed in the surface of
> >> a properly seared steak as opposed to a fully cooked but unseared
> >> steak. I personally like just the right amount of S&P seared right into
> >> the steak. I never use garlic or onion with such high heat.

> >> --
> >> Brick (Agreeing by example with the rest of the thread)- Hide quoted text -

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

lol...
-Storrmmee is the cat... I, Lee, on the other hand don't, the state of IL.
doesn't give drivers liscenses to people who qualify for a Dog Guide, she
was being a smartee pants, LOL, Lee
"tutall" > wrote in message

does stormee drive, lee? dale
On Jun 9, 6:37 pm, "Granby" > wrote:
> Move over girl, it is my turn to drive.
>
> "Stormmee" > wrote in message

> > I'll be right over next time you do this meal, lee
> > "Brick" > wrote in message
> nster.com...

> >> On 26-Mar-2010, Gene > wrote:

> >> . . .

> >> I read through the whole thread and had to do a double take. Every
> >> single poster knew what they were talking about and every post
> >> contributed something. I need to double check what I'm drinking.
> >> I must be high on something.

> >> I don't do steaks in the kitchen very often. My stove hood vent isn't
> >> powerful enough to carry off the smoke. And I find myself reluctant
> >> to get a grill pan hot enough on my stovetop to get the job done right.
> >> I have an unjustified fear of damaging my cooktop with the heat
> >> reflected
> >> from a super hot grill or grillpan.

> >> Last week I got stingy with the fuel in my sportsman grill even though
> >> knew better. I could hold my hand within about 2 inches of the grill,
> >> but
> >> went ahead and tried to cook steaks anyway. Needless to say, 7 minutes
> >> on a side is no way to cook a steak.

> >> Last night I built a proper fire. I couldn't get my hand closer then
> >> about
> >> 8 inches from the grill. The steaks were perfect at 2 minutes per side.
> >> (1 inch NY steaks). Nice even sear, even close to a char on the ends
> >> and
> >> even 3/4" thick rare center.

> >> I had fuel in the firebox withing about 1 inch of the grill. There was
> >> some
> >> grease drip into the fire, but flareup was minimized by virtually
> >> vaporizing
> >> the grease as fast as it dripped. I did not have to move the meat or
> >> resort
> >> to spritzing the fire. I love it when a plan comes together.

> >> Sides were large baker potatoes roasted naked in a 400F oven with
> >> 20 p nails inserted in both ends with about 1-1/2" sticking out. Taters
> >> were cooked to 200F then wrapped in dish towels to mellow out while
> >> I got the table set up. Steamed green beans rounded out the plate with
> >> hot crusty Italian bread and whipped butter on the side.

> >> Its hard to give enough credit to the flavor developed in the surface
> >> of
> >> a properly seared steak as opposed to a fully cooked but unseared
> >> steak. I personally like just the right amount of S&P seared right into
> >> the steak. I never use garlic or onion with such high heat.

> >> --
> >> Brick (Agreeing by example with the rest of the thread)- Hide quoted
> >> text -

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Granby" > wrote:
> Move over girl, it is my turn to drive.
>
> "Stormmee" > wrote in message

> > I'll be right over next time you do this meal, lee
> > "Brick" > wrote in message
> > [ . . . ]
> >> Its hard to give enough credit to the flavor developed in the surface
> >> of a properly seared steak as opposed to a fully cooked but unseared
> >> steak. I personally like just the right amount of S&P seared right
> >> into the steak. I never use garlic or onion with such high heat.

Hey, Granby! Nice to see you back. ;-)

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> >> Peanut, canola, it does not matter. Small space, hot as hell pan. I
> >> don't mind. Heheheh.
> >>
> >> Gene

> > Don't reject Grape Seed oil. :-) Different types of oil can make a
> > difference in final flavor too, but you already knew that!
> >
> > I personally cannot stand Canola oil. <g>
> > --
> > Peace! Om

> I feel less alone now, it smells horrible to me out of the jar and just
> plain nasty when its hot, i thought i was the only person living who felt
> this way, Lee

Nah. There have been many that commented that Canola tastes rancid fresh
out of the bottle. You are hardly alone. :-)
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

I was just missing too much fun . Lurked a lot and got some good ideas and
recipes, as usual.
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Granby" > wrote:
>> Move over girl, it is my turn to drive.
>>
>> "Stormmee" > wrote in message

>> > I'll be right over next time you do this meal, lee
>> > "Brick" > wrote in message
>> > [ . . . ]

> Hey, Granby! Nice to see you back. ;-)
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

No but you can get a gun permit, better make it a scatter gum if you want
your best chance. Back to the food.
"Stormmee" > wrote in message
> lol...
> -Storrmmee is the cat... I, Lee, on the other hand don't, the state of IL.
> doesn't give drivers liscenses to people who qualify for a Dog Guide, she
> was being a smartee pants, LOL, Lee
> "tutall" > wrote in message
>
> does stormee drive, lee? dale
> On Jun 9, 6:37 pm, "Granby" > wrote:
>> Move over girl, it is my turn to drive.
>>
>> "Stormmee" > wrote in message

>> > I'll be right over next time you do this meal, lee
>> > "Brick" > wrote in message
>> nster.com...

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

ok back to the food since nobody who knows me would even think of taking me
to gt that gun permit... i was reading this thread and really enjoying it
and remembering when i was a kid, my dad would cut beef into chunks and
sick it into the flames of the campfire then dip it in bbq sauce, or hot
mustard... man good eating memories, Lee
"Granby" > wrote in message
> No but you can get a gun permit, better make it a scatter gum if you want
> your best chance. Back to the food.
> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> lol...
>> -Storrmmee is the cat... I, Lee, on the other hand don't, the state of
>> IL. doesn't give drivers liscenses to people who qualify for a Dog Guide,
>> she was being a smartee pants, LOL, Lee
>> "tutall" > wrote in message
>>
>> does stormee drive, lee? dale
>> On Jun 9, 6:37 pm, "Granby" > wrote:
>>> Move over girl, it is my turn to drive.

>>> nster.com...

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

i even tried two or three different kinds... btw it was probably YOUR sig
line that made Gramby come back, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news

>> > Don't reject Grape Seed oil. :-) Different types of oil can make a
>> > difference in final flavor too, but you already knew that!
>> >
>> > I personally cannot stand Canola oil. <g>
>> > --
>> > Peace! Om

>> I feel less alone now, it smells horrible to me out of the jar and just
>> plain nasty when its hot, i thought i was the only person living who felt
>> this way, Lee

> Nah. There have been many that commented that Canola tastes rancid fresh
> out of the bottle. You are hardly alone. :-)
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> > Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> > Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> > groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

> i even tried two or three different kinds... btw it was probably YOUR sig
> line that made Gramby come back, Lee

Thanks! <lol> I look forward to getting to know him/her better...
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

her, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> > Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
>> > Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
>> > groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

>> i even tried two or three different kinds... btw it was probably YOUR sig
>> line that made Gramby come back, Lee

> Thanks! <lol> I look forward to getting to know him/her better...
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news

> >> i even tried two or three different kinds... btw it was probably YOUR sig
> >> line that made Gramby come back, Lee

> > Thanks! <lol> I look forward to getting to know him/her better...
> > --
> > Peace! Om

> her, Lee

Thanks Lee! :-)
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

she got that name because she has an afinity with small children, a concept
beyond me, and many of them already had grandmothers, so this is what they
call her. Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> "Omelet" > wrote in message
>> news

>> > Thanks! <lol> I look forward to getting to know him/her better...
>> > --
>> > Peace! Om

>> her, Lee

> Thanks Lee! :-)
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Granby" > wrote:
> No but you can get a gun permit, better make it a scatter gum if you
> want your best chance. Back to the food.
> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
> > lol...
> > -Storrmmee is the cat... I, Lee, on the other hand don't, the state of
> > IL. doesn't give drivers liscenses to people who qualify for a Dog
> > Guide, she was being a smartee pants, LOL, Lee
> > [ . . . ]

Scattergun. Marksmanship for the visually impaired! ROTFL

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" > wrote:
> ok back to the food since nobody who knows me would even think of taking
> me to gt that gun permit... i was reading this thread and really enjoying
> it and remembering when i was a kid, my dad would cut beef into chunks
> and sick it into the flames of the campfire then dip it in bbq sauce, or
> hot mustard... man good eating memories, Lee
> [ . . . ]

Mmmm. That sounds good, Lee! Have you re-captured that experience with an
outdoor grill?

I'll take you to get a CSL if Om or Niki won't!

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Almost as funny as me doing the brisket. That was an adventure I will never
repeat. Seemed like it got bigger and bigger as it got done...ah well, it
was good and that is what it is all about.
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Granby" > wrote:
>> No but you can get a gun permit, better make it a scatter gum if you
>> want your best chance. Back to the food.
>> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> > lol...
>> > -Storrmmee is the cat... I, Lee, on the other hand don't, the state of
>> > IL. doesn't give drivers liscenses to people who qualify for a Dog
>> > Guide, she was being a smartee pants, LOL, Lee
>> > [ . . . ]

> Scattergun. Marksmanship for the visually impaired! ROTFL
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

probably a paragraph in the ADA law for that one, Lee
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Granby" > wrote:
>> No but you can get a gun permit, better make it a scatter gum if you
>> want your best chance. Back to the food.
>> "Stormmee" > wrote in message
>> > lol...
>> > -Storrmmee is the cat... I, Lee, on the other hand don't, the state of
>> > IL. doesn't give drivers liscenses to people who qualify for a Dog
>> > Guide, she was being a smartee pants, LOL, Lee
>> > [ . . . ]

> Scattergun. Marksmanship for the visually impaired! ROTFL
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

LOL, haven't gotten a grill since our last one died a couple of summers ago,
Santa was going to buy me one of those electric smokers for Christmas but he
gave the money to the ER vet for the cat's heart event,

one of the best things... and i guess only things about camping as a kid was
the food, my dad relaxed the eat another vegetable rule and i got to cover
meat that was cooked done enough for me with all manner of cool stuff... and
all the potatoes i could eat... and thats a lot, Lee
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>> ok back to the food since nobody who knows me would even think of taking
>> me to gt that gun permit... i was reading this thread and really enjoying
>> it and remembering when i was a kid, my dad would cut beef into chunks
>> and sick it into the flames of the campfire then dip it in bbq sauce, or
>> hot mustard... man good eating memories, Lee
>> [ . . . ]

> Mmmm. That sounds good, Lee! Have you re-captured that experience with an
> outdoor grill?
>
> I'll take you to get a CSL if Om or Niki won't!
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> she got that name because she has an afinity with small children, a concept
> beyond me, and many of them already had grandmothers, so this is what they
> call her. Lee

Nobody needs an excuse for an internet moniker... Mine is not exactly
normal. <grins>

It's just that a gender neutral name is a gender neutral name! :-)
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" > wrote:
> LOL, haven't gotten a grill since our last one died a couple of summers
> ago, Santa was going to buy me one of those electric smokers for
> Christmas but he gave the money to the ER vet for the cat's heart event,
> [], Lee
> "Nick Cramer" > wrote in message

> > "Stormmee" > wrote:
> >> ok back to the food since nobody who knows me would even think of
> >> taking me to gt that gun permit... i was reading this thread and
> >> really enjoying it and remembering when i was a kid, my dad would cut
> >> beef into chunks and sick it into the flames of the campfire then dip
> >> it in bbq sauce, or hot mustard... man good eating memories, Lee
> >> [ . . . ]

> > Mmmm. That sounds good, Lee! Have you re-captured that experience with
> > an outdoor grill?[]

http://www.amazon.com/Brinkmann-810-...coal-Smoker/dp
/B000LNTPIO

or eat my SPAM to email me for a surprise! °~)

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

speaking of email i lost yours in the last crash so you need to resend me an
email... Lee who is forever frusterated by this SR
"Nick Cramer" > wrote in message
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>> LOL, haven't gotten a grill since our last one died a couple of summers
>> ago, Santa was going to buy me one of those electric smokers for
>> Christmas but he gave the money to the ER vet for the cat's heart event,
>> [], Lee

>> > Mmmm. That sounds good, Lee! Have you re-captured that experience with
>> > an outdoor grill?[]

> http://www.amazon.com/Brinkmann-810-...coal-Smoker/dp
> /B000LNTPIO
>
> or eat my SPAM to email me for a surprise! °~)
>
> --
> Nick, KI6VAV. Support severely wounded and disabled Veterans and their
> families: https://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/ Thank a Veteran!
> Support Our Troops: http://anymarine.com/ You are not forgotten.
> Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Stormmee" > wrote:
> speaking of email i lost yours in the last crash so you need to resend me
> an email... Lee who is forever frusterated by this SR
> []

Eat my SPAM to email me.

Thanks ! ! ~Semper Fi~ USMC 1365061