Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default BBQ Rules For 2010 Season.....

BBQ RULES

You are about to enter the BBQ season, you good folks in the Northern
parts of God's earth, Therefore it is important to refresh your memory
on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity.

When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put
into motion:

The Routine...

(1) The woman buys the food.

(2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.

(3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with
the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is
lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.

(4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three meter exclusion zone
where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can
take place without the interference of the woman.

Here comes the important part:

(5) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.

More routine...

(6) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.

(7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He
thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he flips the meat.

Important again:

(8) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.
More routine...

(9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces,
and brings them to the table.

(10) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
And most important of all:

(11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.

(12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed 'her night off' and, upon
seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some
women!
--
Bigbazza (Barry) Oz

"Happiness is never an accident. It is the prize we get when we choose
wisely from life's great stores"

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Bigbazza wrote:
> BBQ RULES

Why are you here on AFB and not back on RFC where you usually hang?

1. BBQ ain't grilling.
2. BBQ is a great excuse, to the long nature of the cooking process, to kick
back and enjoy a case of beverages. Diet pesi and diet dr pepper for me,
please.
3. Most of us do our own sides when we bbq.
4. There are a few women here who bbq.
5. The 'rules' are old, have been posted many times on RFC.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Bigbazza" > wrote:

> (11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.

That's 'cause the meat is the most important part! :-)
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Tue, 16 Mar 2010 10:07:31 +1100, "Bigbazza"
> wrote:

>BBQ RULES

snip

This is sooooooo old.

While I know the intent is to be funny, I always resented this lil
"list". It's not that I don't have a sense of humor, it's just that
there has to be SOME measure of truth in the joke in order for it to
be funny. Even my brother in law who can NOT grill (forget BBQ) to
save his life still prepares his meat. Badly, but he does it.

Grilling is not Q. Also, every guy I know prepares his meat himself.
My wife, the dear that she is, wouldn't know how. Nor does she want to
know. She is happy with the way I do it.

I make the sides, see the same reason as above.

I know there are women in this NG that Q, and I like to think that
they do just as well as the guys, if not better. That said, I bet MOST
of the Q'ers are men. OK, many men can't work a grill. But at least
they try. Some even learn.

Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

"If people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines
they take, their bodies will soon be
in as sorry a state as are the souls of
those who live under tyranny"

"Thomas Jefferson"
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 19:12:17 -0700, "Dave Bugg" >
wrote:

>Bigbazza wrote:
>> BBQ RULES

>Why are you here on AFB and not back on RFC where you usually hang?
>
>1. BBQ ain't grilling.
>2. BBQ is a great excuse, to the long nature of the cooking process, to kick
>back and enjoy a case of beverages. Diet pesi and diet dr pepper for me,
>please.
>3. Most of us do our own sides when we bbq.
>4. There are a few women here who bbq.
>5. The 'rules' are old, have been posted many times on RFC.

Beer for me please

Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

"If people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines
they take, their bodies will soon be
in as sorry a state as are the souls of
those who live under tyranny"

"Thomas Jefferson"

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 22:21:35 -0600, Omelet >
wrote:

>In article >,
> "Bigbazza" > wrote:
>
>> (11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.

>That's 'cause the meat is the most important part! :-)

If I wern't already married......

Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

"If people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines
they take, their bodies will soon be
in as sorry a state as are the souls of
those who live under tyranny"

"Thomas Jefferson"
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Gene > wrote:

> On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 22:21:35 -0600, Omelet >
> wrote:
>
> >In article >,
> > "Bigbazza" > wrote:
> >
> >> (11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.

> >That's 'cause the meat is the most important part! :-)

> If I wern't already married......
>

> Gene

<chuckles> ;-)
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Mon, 15 Mar 2010 19:07:31 -0400, Bigbazza wrote
(in article >):

> BBQ RULES
>
> You are about to enter the BBQ season, you good folks in the Northern
> parts of God's earth, Therefore it is important to refresh your memory
> on the etiquette of this sublime outdoor cooking activity.
>
> When a man volunteers to do the BBQ the following chain of events are put
> into motion:
>
> The Routine...
>
> (1) The woman buys the food.
>
> (2) The woman makes the salad, prepares the vegetables, and makes dessert.
>
> (3) The woman prepares the meat for cooking, places it on a tray along with
> the necessary cooking utensils and sauces, and takes it to the man who is
> lounging beside the grill - beer in hand.
>
> (4) The woman remains outside the compulsory three meter exclusion zone
> where the exuberance of testosterone and other manly bonding activities can
> take place without the interference of the woman.
>
> Here comes the important part:
>
> (5) THE MAN PLACES THE MEAT ON THE GRILL.
>
> More routine...
>
> (6) The woman goes inside to organize the plates and cutlery.
>
> (7) The woman comes out to tell the man that the meat is looking great. He
> thanks her and asks if she will bring another beer while he flips the meat.
>
> Important again:
>
> (8) THE MAN TAKES THE MEAT OFF THE GRILL AND HANDS IT TO THE WOMAN.
> More routine...
>
> (9) The woman prepares the plates, salad, bread, utensils, napkins, sauces,
> and brings them to the table.
>
> (10) After eating, the woman clears the table and does the dishes.
> And most important of all:
>
> (11) Everyone PRAISES the MAN and THANKS HIM for his cooking efforts.
>
> (12) The man asks the woman how she enjoyed 'her night off' and, upon
> seeing her annoyed reaction, concludes that there's just no pleasing some
> women!

Did his wife sell his grill yet?

Lee

rarebirdyatverizondotnet