Ol' Hippie

Default need a nick

For those of you that were at Dave's on opening day & attending the joyful
wedding...........
My wife needs a nickname, be creative.
BUT you must have been there to really be in the running. No kidding she
might participate if you can come up with a good one

OK She wants a 2 cents worth........

He's being so pushy it's embarrassing. I told the ol' hippie I had something
I wanted to say to everyone by way of introducing myself, but I wanted to
think about what I wanted to say overnight to get it right because the
group has become important to me over the past year or more that Bruce has
been involved.
But you might as well try to stem the tide as to tell this guy "Wait". So
here it goes, off the cuff. Bear with me.

At first when he started getting into the group I hung back because it was
his thing, and everybody needs to have something that is just his own. But
more and more often he'd call me over and read something that someone had
said, some recipe shared or question answered or just some conversation that
was taking place. I got hooked. As an only child with mostly girl cousins
I've always been envious of those who had a bunch of brothers.

I just loved the way guys "worked". "lurking" On the fringes of the group I
just fell for not only all the great info', but for the "collective
consciousness" ( to much law and order!) of the group. I found so much
passion for the shared love of good and uncompromising cookin' and so much
compassion for people, with all their frailties and fineness, so much wit
and so much wisdom, and so much just plain humor mixed with down home common
sense that I was just hooked.

I was fortunate enough to be able to meet a whole bunch of AFBers and to
share two of the most memorable moments imaganable . It was as much & more
than I could have hoped for.
Good times, good people and a coming together for the very best of
reasons.

I'm looking forward first of all, to becoming a part of the group, not just
"lurking", it's just to good to miss and in the longer term to all meeting
again in person.

Okay, I probably could have said what I wanted to say better if I'd let it
"perk" over night, but I have a lot to learn about barbeque and it's sure
going to be a lot of fun learning it this way.
Back to this nicname thing...
Open to suggestions but G'ganna is okay with me. I've been dealing with my
parents "imaginativeness" for more years than I care to say , so I answer
pretty much to anything, Georganna George,Georgie( it was originally
Georganna Lee, can you imagine?!) Jan and even Jedi (?!?). So much for my
"Hello", I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
You know that theme song on CSI? ....Who are You? Who? Who?...Who? Who?
Bruce tells me this is a big deal and however I sign this is how I'm going
to be known for ever. My LORD! No pressure, Huh?
G'ganna ( it's just like Jana) See ya...
G'ganna also in Gold Beach

F.G. Whitfurrows

G'ganna wrote

<snipped a whole freakin novella based on the life of G'ganna>

> I'm going to be known for ever. My LORD! No pressure, Huh?

Ummmmmm, how's about we call ya Blabbermouth?<g>

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Brick

On 19-Oct-2004, "Ol' Hippie" > wrote:

> [...]
> again in person.
>
> Okay, I probably could have said what I wanted to say better if I'd let it
> "perk" over night, but I have a lot to learn about barbeque and it's sure
> going to be a lot of fun learning it this way.
> Back to this nicname thing...
> Open to suggestions but G'ganna is okay with me. I've been dealing with my
> parents "imaginativeness" for more years than I care to say , so I answer
> pretty much to anything, Georganna George,Georgie( it was originally
> Georganna Lee, can you imagine?!) Jan and even Jedi (?!?). So much for my
> "Hello", I'm looking forward to getting to know you all.
> You know that theme song on CSI? ....Who are You? Who? Who?...Who? Who?
> Bruce tells me this is a big deal and however I sign this is how I'm going
> to be known for ever. My LORD! No pressure, Huh?
> G'ganna ( it's just like Jana) See ya...

<sorry, couldn't snip anything here>

G'ganna, two of my best friends in the world are 'Snuffy and Loweezy Smif' AKA
James D. and Marjorie Smith of San Antonio, Tx . They're originally from W. VA
(New Castle or something like that) and earned their monikers honestly. Finer
people I've never known. I vote for 'Ole Hippie and Memaw'. I think 'Memaw
derives from a Missouri acronym for Grandmother. In any case it is definitely not
derogatory or belitteling. Nothing wrong with G'ganna either. My wife's name is
Nathalie and I've never called her anything else regardless of the many who refer
to her at 'Nat' or 'Nathy'.
--
Brick(DL5BF, WA7ERO, HS4ADI)

Brick

> [...]

> You know that theme song on CSI? ....Who are You? Who? Who?...Who? Who?
> Bruce tells me this is a big deal and however I sign this is how I'm going
> to be known for ever. My LORD! No pressure, Huh?
> G'ganna ( it's just like Jana) See ya...
> G'ganna also in Gold Beach

<sorry, couldn't snip anything here>

G'ganna, two of my best friends in the world are 'Snuffy and Loweezy Smif' AKA
James D. and Marjorie Smith of San Antonio, Tx . They're originally from W. VA
(New Castle or something like that) and earned their monikers honestly. Finer
people I've never known. I vote for 'Ole Hippie and Memaw'. I think 'Memaw
derives from a Missouri acronym for Grandmother. In any case it is definitely not
derogatory or belitteling. Nothing wrong with G'ganna either. My wife's name is
Nathalie and I've never called her anything else regardless of the many who refer

Satan Jesus

> My wife needs a nickname, be creative.

G'ganna,
I'm not one to give good advice on a nic, as you can see from mine. lol
This message probably has relevance, but trust me, stay away from anything
controversial. People get all kinds of weird visuals from a name that may
have been derived from a drunken stupor. Believe, I know.

Kurt Lucas
Salem, OR

Satan Jesus

> My wife needs a nickname, be creative.

G'ganna,
I'm not one to give good advice on a nic, as you can see from mine. lol
This message probably has relevance, but trust me, stay away from anything
controversial. People get all kinds of weird visuals from a name that may
have been derived from a drunken stupor. Believe, I know.

Kurt Lucas
Salem, OR

Jack Curry

"F.G. Whitfurrows" > wrote in message

> G'ganna wrote
>
> <snipped a whole freakin novella based on the life of G'ganna>
>

>> I'm going to be known for ever. My LORD! No pressure, Huh?

> Ummmmmm, how's about we call ya Blabbermouth?<g>
>
> --
> Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
> and his 6" boner
> -she was so *quiet* at the party-

Nope, that one's taken. My wife's been "Blabbermouth" for decades.

Jack Curry

Jack Curry

"F.G. Whitfurrows" > wrote in message

> G'ganna wrote
>
> <snipped a whole freakin novella based on the life of G'ganna>
>

>> I'm going to be known for ever. My LORD! No pressure, Huh?

> Ummmmmm, how's about we call ya Blabbermouth?<g>
>
> --
> Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
> and his 6" boner
> -she was so *quiet* at the party-

Nope, that one's taken. My wife's been "Blabbermouth" for decades.

Jack Curry

Jack Curry

"F.G. Whitfurrows" > wrote in message

> G'ganna wrote
>
> <snipped a whole freakin novella based on the life of G'ganna>
>

>> I'm going to be known for ever. My LORD! No pressure, Huh?

> Ummmmmm, how's about we call ya Blabbermouth?<g>
>
> --
> Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
> and his 6" boner
> -she was so *quiet* at the party-

Nope, that one's taken. My wife's been "Blabbermouth" for decades.

Jack Curry

Harry Demidavicius

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 04:41:20 GMT, "Satan Jesus"
> wrote:

>> My wife needs a nickname, be creative.

>G'ganna,
>I'm not one to give good advice on a nic, as you can see from mine. lol
>This message probably has relevance, but trust me, stay away from anything
>controversial. People get all kinds of weird visuals from a name that may
>have been derived from a drunken stupor. Believe, I know.
>
>Kurt Lucas
>Salem, OR

Here's what was used to name Fos. :0)
http://www.chriswetherell.com/hobbit/default.asp
Harry
Harry Demidavicius

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 04:41:20 GMT, "Satan Jesus"
> wrote:

>> My wife needs a nickname, be creative.

>G'ganna,
>I'm not one to give good advice on a nic, as you can see from mine. lol
>This message probably has relevance, but trust me, stay away from anything
>controversial. People get all kinds of weird visuals from a name that may
>have been derived from a drunken stupor. Believe, I know.
>
>Kurt Lucas
>Salem, OR

Here's what was used to name Fos. :0)
http://www.chriswetherell.com/hobbit/default.asp
Harry
Ol' Hippie

Hi Harry, thanks for the nickname tip! I am now Beladonna Brandybuck of
Buckland.Pretty nifty! I can't wait to run my son and daughter through the
process. I had friends when I lived in Ketchikan, Alaska who went by the
names of O. Bickerson Bond (Bic for short) and Sir Pervis Shark Mandolin
(Perv) and always admired the sound of it. I wonder...Anyway, thanks, that
was fun.
Formerly G'ganna

F.G. Whitfurrows

Ol' Hippie wrote:
> Hi Harry, thanks for the nickname tip! I am now Beladonna Brandybuck
> of Buckland.Pretty nifty! I can't wait to run my son and daughter
> through the process. I had friends when I lived in Ketchikan, Alaska
> who went by the names of O. Bickerson Bond (Bic for short) and Sir
> Pervis Shark Mandolin (Perv) and always admired the sound of it. I
> wonder...Anyway, thanks, that was fun.
> Formerly G'ganna

Fine then! Just ignore my suggestion completely. Hell, don't matter to
me.<g>

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

F.G. Whitfurrows

Ol' Hippie wrote:
> Hi Harry, thanks for the nickname tip! I am now Beladonna Brandybuck
> of Buckland.Pretty nifty! I can't wait to run my son and daughter
> through the process. I had friends when I lived in Ketchikan, Alaska
> who went by the names of O. Bickerson Bond (Bic for short) and Sir
> Pervis Shark Mandolin (Perv) and always admired the sound of it. I
> wonder...Anyway, thanks, that was fun.
> Formerly G'ganna

Fine then! Just ignore my suggestion completely. Hell, don't matter to
me.<g>

--
Fosco Gamgee Whitfurrows
and his 6" boner

Moro Grubb of Little Delving

"Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message
...snip..

> Here's what was used to name Fos. :0)
> http://www.chriswetherell.com/hobbit/default.asp
> Harry

Superb link, Harry! (or should I say "Minto Loamsdown"?)

Now I have to choose between "Lotho Sandydowns" (the Scarlett Pimpernel
moniker) and "Moro Grubb of Little Delving "...

Hmmm, the Grubb thing fits...

Moro Grubb of Little Delving

"Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message
...snip..

> Here's what was used to name Fos. :0)
> http://www.chriswetherell.com/hobbit/default.asp
> Harry

Superb link, Harry! (or should I say "Minto Loamsdown"?)

Now I have to choose between "Lotho Sandydowns" (the Scarlett Pimpernel
moniker) and "Moro Grubb of Little Delving "...

Hmmm, the Grubb thing fits...

Steve Calvin

Moro Grubb of Little Delving wrote:
> "Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message
> ..snip..
>
>>Here's what was used to name Fos. :0)
>>http://www.chriswetherell.com/hobbit/default.asp
>>Harry

> Superb link, Harry! (or should I say "Minto Loamsdown"?)
>
> Now I have to choose between "Lotho Sandydowns" (the Scarlett Pimpernel
> moniker) and "Moro Grubb of Little Delving "...
>
> Hmmm, the Grubb thing fits...

D*mned thing is consistant, I'll say that for it. ;-)

Now, if I had a clue what the *&#*$ Podo Knotwise of Michel Delving
means I'll die happy. ;-D

--
Steve

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

Steve Calvin

Moro Grubb of Little Delving wrote:
> "Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message
> ..snip..
>
>>Here's what was used to name Fos. :0)
>>http://www.chriswetherell.com/hobbit/default.asp
>>Harry

> Superb link, Harry! (or should I say "Minto Loamsdown"?)
>
> Now I have to choose between "Lotho Sandydowns" (the Scarlett Pimpernel
> moniker) and "Moro Grubb of Little Delving "...
>
> Hmmm, the Grubb thing fits...

D*mned thing is consistant, I'll say that for it. ;-)

Now, if I had a clue what the *&#*$ Podo Knotwise of Michel Delving
means I'll die happy. ;-D

--
Steve

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

Tyler Hopper

"Ol' Hippie" > wrote in message
> For those of you that were at Dave's on opening day & attending the joyful
> wedding...........
> My wife needs a nickname, be creative.
> BUT you must have been there to really be in the running. No kidding she
> might participate if you can come up with a good one

I wasn't there, but how 'bout "Ganja" ?

_________
ht_redneck

Tyler Hopper

"Ol' Hippie" > wrote in message
> For those of you that were at Dave's on opening day & attending the joyful
> wedding...........
> My wife needs a nickname, be creative.
> BUT you must have been there to really be in the running. No kidding she
> might participate if you can come up with a good one

I wasn't there, but how 'bout "Ganja" ?

_________
ht_redneck

Harry Demidavicius

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:19:45 -0700, "Ol' Hippie"
> wrote:

>Hi Harry, thanks for the nickname tip! I am now Beladonna Brandybuck of
>Buckland.Pretty nifty! I can't wait to run my son and daughter through the
>process. I had friends when I lived in Ketchikan, Alaska who went by the
>names of O. Bickerson Bond (Bic for short) and Sir Pervis Shark Mandolin
>(Perv) and always admired the sound of it. I wonder...Anyway, thanks, that
>was fun.
>Formerly G'ganna

B3 [B cubed ;0) - nice ring to it Bela.

Harry
Harry Demidavicius

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 17:19:45 -0700, "Ol' Hippie"
> wrote:

>Hi Harry, thanks for the nickname tip! I am now Beladonna Brandybuck of
>Buckland.Pretty nifty! I can't wait to run my son and daughter through the
>process. I had friends when I lived in Ketchikan, Alaska who went by the
>names of O. Bickerson Bond (Bic for short) and Sir Pervis Shark Mandolin
>(Perv) and always admired the sound of it. I wonder...Anyway, thanks, that
>was fun.
>Formerly G'ganna

B3 [B cubed ;0) - nice ring to it Bela.

Harry

Harry Demidavicius

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 20:45:25 -0400, Steve Calvin
> wrote:

>Moro Grubb of Little Delving wrote:
>> "Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message
>> ..snip..
>>
>>>Here's what was used to name Fos. :0)
>>>http://www.chriswetherell.com/hobbit/default.asp
>>>Harry

>> Superb link, Harry! (or should I say "Minto Loamsdown"?)
>>
>> Now I have to choose between "Lotho Sandydowns" (the Scarlett Pimpernel
>> moniker) and "Moro Grubb of Little Delving "...
>>
>> Hmmm, the Grubb thing fits...
>>

>D*mned thing is consistant, I'll say that for it. ;-)
>
>Now, if I had a clue what the *&#*$ Podo Knotwise of Michel Delving
>means I'll die happy. ;-D

Well - don't tie your Podo into knots, worrying about it, eh .. . .;0)

Harry
Harry Demidavicius

On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 20:45:25 -0400, Steve Calvin
> wrote:

>Moro Grubb of Little Delving wrote:
>> "Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message
>> ..snip..
>>
>>>Here's what was used to name Fos. :0)
>>>http://www.chriswetherell.com/hobbit/default.asp
>>>Harry

>> Superb link, Harry! (or should I say "Minto Loamsdown"?)
>>
>> Now I have to choose between "Lotho Sandydowns" (the Scarlett Pimpernel
>> moniker) and "Moro Grubb of Little Delving "...
>>
>> Hmmm, the Grubb thing fits...
>>

>D*mned thing is consistant, I'll say that for it. ;-)
>
>Now, if I had a clue what the *&#*$ Podo Knotwise of Michel Delving
>means I'll die happy. ;-D

Well - don't tie your Podo into knots, worrying about it, eh .. . .;0)

Harry

"Tyler Hopper" > wrote:
[]........
> > My wife needs a nickname, be creative.[]

> I wasn't there, but how 'bout "Ganja" ?

I'll smoke ta that!

--
Intuitive insights from Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley

Vote Freedom First, but if ya don't vote, don't complain!

"Tyler Hopper" > wrote:
[]........
> > My wife needs a nickname, be creative.[]

> I wasn't there, but how 'bout "Ganja" ?

I'll smoke ta that!

--
Intuitive insights from Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley

Vote Freedom First, but if ya don't vote, don't complain!
Matthew L. Martin

Harry Demidavicius wrote:

> Here's what was used to name Fos. :0)
> http://www.chriswetherell.com/hobbit/default.asp

That thing says my granddaughter's hobbit name is:

Rosie-Posie Overhill of Nobottle

which I kind of like, but it will be a while before the "nobottle" is
correct:-)

Matthew

Matthew L. Martin

Harry Demidavicius wrote:

> Here's what was used to name Fos. :0)
> http://www.chriswetherell.com/hobbit/default.asp

That thing says my granddaughter's hobbit name is:

Rosie-Posie Overhill of Nobottle

which I kind of like, but it will be a while before the "nobottle" is
correct:-)

Matthew
Brick

On 20-Oct-2004, Harry Demidavicius > wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 04:41:20 GMT, "Satan Jesus"
> > wrote:
>

> >> My wife needs a nickname, be creative.

> >G'ganna,
> >I'm not one to give good advice on a nic, as you can see from mine. lol
> >This message probably has relevance, but trust me, stay away from anything
> >controversial. People get all kinds of weird visuals from a name that may
> >have been derived from a drunken stupor. Believe, I know.
> >
> >Kurt Lucas
> >Salem, OR
> >

> Here's what was used to name Fos. :0)
> http://www.chriswetherell.com/hobbit/default.asp
> Harry

Interesting Site. It tells me my Hobbit name is "Ponto Burrows".
Rather indistinguished I should say.
--
Brick(DL5BF, WA7ERO, HS4ADI)

Brick

On 20-Oct-2004, Harry Demidavicius > wrote:

> On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 04:41:20 GMT, "Satan Jesus"
> > wrote:
>

> >> My wife needs a nickname, be creative.

> >G'ganna,
> >I'm not one to give good advice on a nic, as you can see from mine. lol
> >This message probably has relevance, but trust me, stay away from anything
> >controversial. People get all kinds of weird visuals from a name that may
> >have been derived from a drunken stupor. Believe, I know.
> >
> >Kurt Lucas
> >Salem, OR
> >

> Here's what was used to name Fos. :0)
> http://www.chriswetherell.com/hobbit/default.asp
> Harry

Interesting Site. It tells me my Hobbit name is "Ponto Burrows".
Rather indistinguished I should say.
--
Brick(DL5BF, WA7ERO, HS4ADI)

John O

You might also give the anagram server a shot. Takes a bit of work, but
start by limiting the results to longer words and work down. I've seen some
amazing stuff from this server.

http://www.wordsmith.org/anagram/

-John O

Ol' Hippie

ROFL, oh man that might be a little obvious married to an Ol' Hippie.
Bruce-n-Gold Beach

Matthew L. Martin

John O wrote:

> You might also give the anagram server a shot. Takes a bit of work, but
> start by limiting the results to longer words and work down. I've seen some
> amazing stuff from this server.
>
> http://www.wordsmith.org/anagram/

WHALE MINUTIA, MRS OTT
WHALE MAIMS TIN TROUT
MALAMUTE WITHIN ROTS
WET MUTT RHINO SALAMI
HIT TILTS UNAWARE MOM
TIM SHOT UNAWARE MILT
TWIN AMELIA HURTS TOM
WHO LIES, MARTIAN MUTT
A SHAME WON'T LIMIT RUT
AMELIA WON'T TRIM TUSH
WON'T MALAISE HURT TIM
TUT, MARINATE HIM SLOW
HAWAII LENT MORT SMUT
I'M THE LAWMAN, TOURIST

Matthew
Jack Sloan

"John O" > wrote in message
. com...

> You might also give the anagram server a shot. Takes a bit of work, but
> start by limiting the results to longer words and work down. I've seen

some
> amazing stuff from this server.
>
> http://www.wordsmith.org/anagram/
>
> -John O

yup...and Im thinkin' of changin' to Nasal Jock. Whaddaya think?
Jack