Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Tips on how to smoke a turkey

he learned this in a resturant job a hundred years ago, after you remove
legs and wings, cut bird in half to the bone starting dead center of the
back where the neck is off cut all the way down then do same for breast,
then slowly pull meat off and roll as you go... after its off the bone you
can open back up and season/stuff if you want, then roll back up, folding in
dark meat and edges, put in roaster seam side down back until your level of
doness, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> the DH makes these rolls in the roaster, they are fabulous done that way,
>> he
>> removes legs and wings, then debones everything else for the rolls, two
>> rolls, half a bird each... tucks in the thigh meat, slow roast, and
>> perfect... i think smoking would be a waste as you leave on the skin to
>> hold
>> together so no way for smoke to get in, Lee

> Oh I see... I might have to test this first with a chicken. <g>
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 6-Jun-2010, Omelet > wrote:

> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>

> > "Omelet" > wrote in message

.. . .

> I wonder about pounding it flat and adding a layer of a mix like cottage
> cheese and frozen spinach. ;-d
> --
> Peace! Om

A year or so ago, I was on a Roulade (Roll up) kick. I pounded and
rolled all kinds of stuff. I had a regular thing with boneless pork loins.
I used a sharp knife to unroll them about 1/2 inch thick and then
pounded them a little to make them smooth and a little thinner.
I can't remember what all I rolled up in them. Your cheese and
spinach idea sounds good. I've also had some fun with rolled up
boneless chicken thighs. It doesn't take much to entertain and
idiot.

--
Brick (Life's too short to worry about what 'They' might say)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news
> > In article >,
> > "Stormmee" > wrote:
> >
> >> the DH makes these rolls in the roaster, they are fabulous done that way,
> >> he
> >> removes legs and wings, then debones everything else for the rolls, two
> >> rolls, half a bird each... tucks in the thigh meat, slow roast, and
> >> perfect... i think smoking would be a waste as you leave on the skin to
> >> hold
> >> together so no way for smoke to get in, Lee

> > Oh I see... I might have to test this first with a chicken. <g>

> he learned this in a resturant job a hundred years ago, after you remove
> legs and wings, cut bird in half to the bone starting dead center of the
> back where the neck is off cut all the way down then do same for breast,
> then slowly pull meat off and roll as you go... after its off the bone you
> can open back up and season/stuff if you want, then roll back up, folding in
> dark meat and edges, put in roaster seam side down back until your level of
> doness, Lee

I wonder about pounding it flat and adding a layer of a mix like cottage
cheese and frozen spinach. ;-d
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

it would probably work really well especially chicken, i know he has stuffed
the chicken, but hasn't done turkey as we both just like it plain done this
way, and since dressing is one of the few things I make well i do that part,
Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>

>> "Omelet" > wrote in message
>> news

>> > Oh I see... I might have to test this first with a chicken. <g>

>> he learned this in a resturant job a hundred years ago, after you remove
>> legs and wings, cut bird in half to the bone starting dead center of the
>> back where the neck is off cut all the way down then do same for breast,
>> then slowly pull meat off and roll as you go... after its off the bone
>> you
>> can open back up and season/stuff if you want, then roll back up, folding
>> in
>> dark meat and edges, put in roaster seam side down back until your level
>> of
>> doness, Lee

> I wonder about pounding it flat and adding a layer of a mix like cottage
> cheese and frozen spinach. ;-d
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> >> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> >> news > >> > In article >,

> >> he learned this in a resturant job a hundred years ago, after you remove
> >> legs and wings, cut bird in half to the bone starting dead center of the
> >> back where the neck is off cut all the way down then do same for breast,
> >> then slowly pull meat off and roll as you go... after its off the bone
> >> you
> >> can open back up and season/stuff if you want, then roll back up, folding
> >> in
> >> dark meat and edges, put in roaster seam side down back until your level
> >> ofe
> >> doness, Lee

> > I wonder about pounding it flat and adding a layer of a mix like cottage
> > cheese and frozen spinach. ;-d

> it would probably work really well especially chicken, i know he has stuffed
> the chicken, but hasn't done turkey as we both just like it plain done this
> way, and since dressing is one of the few things I make well i do that part,
> Lee

I'll bet rolling it with stuffing would be the gods. <g>
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

we have discussed it but never have got to it, still have a 25 pounder in
the freezer so there is a chance, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news

>> > I wonder about pounding it flat and adding a layer of a mix like
>> > cottage
>> > cheese and frozen spinach. ;-d

>> it would probably work really well especially chicken, i know he has
>> stuffed
>> the chicken, but hasn't done turkey as we both just like it plain done
>> this
>> way, and since dressing is one of the few things I make well i do that
>> part,
>> Lee

> I'll bet rolling it with stuffing would be the gods. <g>
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> >> it would probably work really well especially chicken, i know he has
> >> stuffed
> >> the chicken, but hasn't done turkey as we both just like it plain done
> >> this
> >> way, and since dressing is one of the few things I make well i do that
> >> part,
> >> Lee

> > I'll bet rolling it with stuffing would be the gods. <g>
> >

> we have discussed it but never have got to it, still have a 25 pounder in
> the freezer so there is a chance, Lee

Be sure to report! :-)
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article . com>,
wrote:

> On 6-Jun-2010, Omelet > wrote:
>
> > In article >,
> > "Stormmee" > wrote:
> >

> > > "Omelet" > wrote in message

> . . .
>

> > I wonder about pounding it flat and adding a layer of a mix like cottage
> > cheese and frozen spinach. ;-d
> > --
> > Peace! Om

> A year or so ago, I was on a Roulade (Roll up) kick. I pounded and
> rolled all kinds of stuff. I had a regular thing with boneless pork loins.
> I used a sharp knife to unroll them about 1/2 inch thick and then
> pounded them a little to make them smooth and a little thinner.
> I can't remember what all I rolled up in them. Your cheese and
> spinach idea sounds good. I've also had some fun with rolled up
> boneless chicken thighs. It doesn't take much to entertain and
> idiot.

You are hardly an idiot dear. <g> And you just gave me an idea as to
what to do with those paper thin beef steaks that dad bought! I was
trying to figure out what the hell to do with them and I thawed them
last night.

I'm smoking today and have plenty of canned veggies on hand so I'll
peruse what I have and decide what to roll up in them. :-) Smoking a
meat roll should work better than trying to cook them as is.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 6/6/2010 3:23 PM, Omelet wrote:

> I'm smoking today and have plenty of canned veggies on hand so I'll
> peruse what I have and decide what to roll up in them. :-) Smoking a
> meat roll should work better than trying to cook them as is.

Canned Veggies? I thought you went for the fresh stuff !!!

BBQ
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
bbq > wrote:

> On 6/6/2010 3:23 PM, Omelet wrote:
>
> > I'm smoking today and have plenty of canned veggies on hand so I'll
> > peruse what I have and decide what to roll up in them. :-) Smoking a
> > meat roll should work better than trying to cook them as is.

> Canned Veggies? I thought you went for the fresh stuff !!!
>
> BBQ

I have canned spinach as it's good for some recipes. I generally use
fresh baby spinach leaves, but don't currently have any on hand and
didn't feel like going to the store. <g>

I ended up just smoking them as they needed to be used. I'll just slice
them into thin strips and use them in steak salad for work lunches this
week.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

how did they turn out? Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article . com>,
> wrote:
>
>> On 6-Jun-2010, Omelet > wrote:

>> . . .
>>

>> > I wonder about pounding it flat and adding a layer of a mix like
>> > cottage
>> > cheese and frozen spinach. ;-d
>> > --
>> > Peace! Om

>> A year or so ago, I was on a Roulade (Roll up) kick. I pounded and
>> rolled all kinds of stuff. I had a regular thing with boneless pork
>> loins.
>> I used a sharp knife to unroll them about 1/2 inch thick and then
>> pounded them a little to make them smooth and a little thinner.
>> I can't remember what all I rolled up in them. Your cheese and
>> spinach idea sounds good. I've also had some fun with rolled up
>> boneless chicken thighs. It doesn't take much to entertain and
>> idiot.

> You are hardly an idiot dear. <g> And you just gave me an idea as to
> what to do with those paper thin beef steaks that dad bought! I was
> trying to figure out what the hell to do with them and I thawed them
> last night.
>
> I'm smoking today and have plenty of canned veggies on hand so I'll
> peruse what I have and decide what to roll up in them. :-) Smoking a
> meat roll should work better than trying to cook them as is.
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

i will when it happens, will be a while as its just way too hot to even use
the roaster... on the point of smoking, i was thinking about this and i
think if i could get it into a pan to hold together long enough to set the
meat slitting the skin might work... i am putting that idea in my to do
file, santa spent my xmas money on vet bills so i am still waiting a smoker,
Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news

>> > I'll bet rolling it with stuffing would be the gods. <g>
>> >

>> we have discussed it but never have got to it, still have a 25 pounder in
>> the freezer so there is a chance, Lee

> Be sure to report! :-)
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> > You are hardly an idiot dear. <g> And you just gave me an idea as to
> > what to do with those paper thin beef steaks that dad bought! I was
> > trying to figure out what the hell to do with them and I thawed them
> > last night.
> >
> > I'm smoking today and have plenty of canned veggies on hand so I'll
> > peruse what I have and decide what to roll up in them. :-) Smoking a
> > meat roll should work better than trying to cook them as is.
> > --
> > Peace! Om

> how did they turn out? Lee

I changed my mine and turned them in to salad meat. ;-)
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

oohh,,, well i gues someone has to eat salads, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> > You are hardly an idiot dear. <g> And you just gave me an idea as to
>> > what to do with those paper thin beef steaks that dad bought! I was
>> > trying to figure out what the hell to do with them and I thawed them
>> > last night.
>> >
>> > I'm smoking today and have plenty of canned veggies on hand so I'll
>> > peruse what I have and decide what to roll up in them. :-) Smoking a
>> > meat roll should work better than trying to cook them as is.
>> > --
>> > Peace! Om

>> how did they turn out? Lee

> I changed my mine and turned them in to salad meat. ;-)
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 6/7/2010 5:21 AM, Omelet wrote:
> In >,
> > wrote:
>
>>> You are hardly an idiot dear.<g> And you just gave me an idea as to
>>> what to do with those paper thin beef steaks that dad bought! I was
>>> trying to figure out what the hell to do with them and I thawed them
>>> last night.
>>>
>>> I'm smoking today and have plenty of canned veggies on hand so I'll
>>> peruse what I have and decide what to roll up in them. :-) Smoking a
>>> meat roll should work better than trying to cook them as is.
>>> --
>>> Peace! Om

>> how did they turn out? Lee

> I changed my mine and turned them in to salad meat. ;-)

LoL. You don't know how often I go to the store for the fixings for one
thing and end up getting the fixings for something else.

Ah, the joy of being single ;-)

BBQ
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Stormmee" > wrote:

> "Omelet" > wrote in message
> news

> >> how did they turn out? Lee

> > I changed my mine and turned them in to salad meat. ;-)

> oohh,,, well i gues someone has to eat salads, Lee

I actually do love salads, and often have them at work.
Steak salads are usually pretty lovely:

<http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...Q?feat=directl
ink>

Imho, a good salad is no different than a good sandwich, just without
the bread. <g>
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

wrote:

> . . .
>

> > You are hardly an idiot dear. <g> And you just gave me an idea as to
> > what to do with those paper thin beef steaks that dad bought! I was
> > trying to figure out what the hell to do with them and I thawed them
> > last night.
> >
> > I'm smoking today and have plenty of canned veggies on hand so I'll
> > peruse what I have and decide what to roll up in them. :-) Smoking a
> > meat roll should work better than trying to cook them as is.
> > --
> > Peace! Om

> I love it when someone grabs the germ of an idea and runs with it.
> Depending on what those steaks are, you might want to pound them
> or give 'em hell with a Jacard. I got an online deal on a jacard with
> 43 knives and it'll take the fight out of just about any kind of meat
> in a few seconds. Thin steaks like that, you might have to fold them
> to get the best benefit from the jacard.

Jacards are the gods. :-) I own one and do use it.
These little steaks were already less than 1/4" thick. I chose to quick
sear them close to the offset fire. I plan to shred them and add them
to romaine and/or baby spinach in a cold salad.

I was just too tired at that point to play with making meat rolls, but
that does not mean it won't be a future idea!

They were round steak.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
bbq > wrote:

> On 6/7/2010 5:21 AM, Omelet wrote:

> >> how did they turn out? Lee

> > I changed my mine and turned them in to salad meat. ;-)

> LoL. You don't know how often I go to the store for the fixings for one
> thing and end up getting the fixings for something else.
>
> Ah, the joy of being single ;-)
>
> BBQ

<;lol> or in my case, not being afraid to prep separate meals for dad or
I. ;-) Right now, he's enjoying that package of Kielbasa I smoked and
I'm prepping steak salad for work this week. I had some warmed up
smoked pork chop for dinner tonight, as is.

I won't be working tomorrow tho'. I got a surprise Subpoena this
morning for a trial for a drunk driver that I collected a legal blood
sample on a few months back.

I hate it when attorneys do this last minute crap. There is not anything
I can provide to them except 5 minutes of chain of custody testimony.
But, from what the investigator told me of this particular case, I'll be
glad to help send the moron to jail...

I have zero tolerance for DUI's, especially when involved in car wrecks
and a great deal of previous history.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 6/7/2010 8:39 PM, Omelet wrote:
> In >,
> > wrote:
>
>> On 6/7/2010 5:21 AM, Omelet wrote:
>>> In >,

>>> I changed my mine and turned them in to salad meat. ;-)

>> LoL. You don't know how often I go to the store for the fixings for one
>> thing and end up getting the fixings for something else.
>>
>> Ah, the joy of being single ;-)
>>
>> BBQ

> <;lol> or in my case, not being afraid to prep separate meals for dad or
> I. ;-) Right now, he's enjoying that package of Kielbasa I smoked and
> I'm prepping steak salad for work this week. I had some warmed up
> smoked pork chop for dinner tonight, as is.
>
> I won't be working tomorrow tho'. I got a surprise Subpoena this
> morning for a trial for a drunk driver that I collected a legal blood
> sample on a few months back.
>
> I hate it when attorneys do this last minute crap. There is not anything
> I can provide to them except 5 minutes of chain of custody testimony.
> But, from what the investigator told me of this particular case, I'll be
> glad to help send the moron to jail...

What probably happened is last minute plea bargaining negotiations
failed. The attorney probably could not get a lessor charge. So he/she
said we go to trial. Prosecutor said sure no problem...

Then the prosecutor has to scramble to find/subpoena all involved. I
agree, they should have notified you before and canceled if a deal was
reached.

What happens if you're out of town and don't get the subpoena? Then the
case is in jeopardy. Just a little planning and they could make your
life easier !!!

I take it you have been in this position before.

> I have zero tolerance for DUI's, especially when involved in car wrecks
> and a great deal of previous history.

We have a 4 in 10 years, eligible for 7 years of public housing. Our
poster child for that law had 20 convictions. Yes twenty. A few in
different states, but those count to.

His last conviction, I think he got 4 years. Eligible for 7, but got 4.
Why this nonsense?

Gotta remember to, he is not eligible to get insurance, because he does
not have a license. So he is driving uninsured to. Charged for that to?
Not that I know of.

Good luck,
BBQ

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
bbq > wrote:

> On 6/7/2010 8:39 PM, Omelet wrote:
> > In >,
> > > wrote:

> >> LoL. You don't know how often I go to the store for the fixings for one
> >> thing and end up getting the fixings for something else.
> >>
> >> Ah, the joy of being single ;-)
> >>
> >> BBQ

> > <;lol> or in my case, not being afraid to prep separate meals for dad or
> > I. ;-) Right now, he's enjoying that package of Kielbasa I smoked and
> > I'm prepping steak salad for work this week. I had some warmed up
> > smoked pork chop for dinner tonight, as is.
> >
> > I won't be working tomorrow tho'. I got a surprise Subpoena this
> > morning for a trial for a drunk driver that I collected a legal blood
> > sample on a few months back.
> >
> > I hate it when attorneys do this last minute crap. There is not anything
> > I can provide to them except 5 minutes of chain of custody testimony.
> > But, from what the investigator told me of this particular case, I'll be
> > glad to help send the moron to jail...

> What probably happened is last minute plea bargaining negotiations
> failed. The attorney probably could not get a lessor charge. So he/she
> said we go to trial. Prosecutor said sure no problem...

Sortakinda. What happened from what I was told is that said idiot failed
to plea bargain. It's only going to hurt him.

I no longer work for said employer. Said employer refused to cooperate
by providing the prosecuter with my personal information, said cell
phone. And that, of course, I approved of. <g>

Said personnel manager panicked this morning when the powers that be
threatened to subpoena my old employment records (which they actually
did do, but not until after I found out about it and called them).

She finally called and left a voice mail and fortunately I actually
checked my cell during my morning break...

I called the contact number before and negotiated with him. I finally
agreed to an e-mail subpoena after contacting my main lab manager and
finding out I had the benefits to cover the day off, and I'd not be
penalized for it.

Sometimes this stuff can be a major pain in the ass when you are a
newbie.

What was really amusing to me is that this evidently all started over a
week ago and I've always provided my personal information, on request,
to the arresting officer including the damned cell phone number. All
they had to do was consult their own records and not bother my old
employer.<G>

The officer I talked to this morning even commented that all he had to
to was run the DL number to find out where I lived... but the cell
number (the house number is next to useless anymore due to constant
spamming and no voice mail) would still not have been provided. Nor
e-mails.

Major cluster**** if you ask me... ;-)

> Then the prosecutor has to scramble to find/subpoena all involved. I
> agree, they should have notified you before and canceled if a deal was
> reached.
>
> What happens if you're out of town and don't get the subpoena? Then the
> case is in jeopardy. Just a little planning and they could make your
> life easier !!!
>
> I take it you have been in this position before.

Only once, but that's all it took to learn!

> > I have zero tolerance for DUI's, especially when involved in car wrecks
> > and a great deal of previous history.

> We have a 4 in 10 years, eligible for 7 years of public housing. Our
> poster child for that law had 20 convictions. Yes twenty. A few in
> different states, but those count to.

And he still had his license?

> His last conviction, I think he got 4 years. Eligible for 7, but got 4.
> Why this nonsense?
>
> Gotta remember to, he is not eligible to get insurance, because he does
> not have a license. So he is driving uninsured to. Charged for that to?
> Not that I know of.
>
> Good luck,
> BBQ

He does not live in Texas... <g>

I'll be fine. I'll just cooperate more with the prosecution!

I'll reveal more later when all is said and done.
Trust me that this moron really needs some serious jail time, and I'm
usually very forgiving.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
bbq bbq is offline

On 6/7/2010 10:16 PM, Omelet wrote:

> Sortakinda. What happened from what I was told is that said idiot failed
> to plea bargain. It's only going to hurt him.
>
> I no longer work for said employer. Said employer refused to cooperate
> by providing the prosecuter with my personal information, said cell
> phone. And that, of course, I approved of.<g>
>
> Said personnel manager panicked this morning when the powers that be
> threatened to subpoena my old employment records (which they actually
> did do, but not until after I found out about it and called them).
>
> She finally called and left a voice mail and fortunately I actually
> checked my cell during my morning break...
>
> I called the contact number before and negotiated with him. I finally
> agreed to an e-mail subpoena after contacting my main lab manager and
> finding out I had the benefits to cover the day off, and I'd not be
> penalized for it.

Isn't it a law that the employer has to honor subpoena that does not
involve you having to appear before a judge?

> Sometimes this stuff can be a major pain in the ass when you are a
> newbie.

Yea, sounds like it.

> What was really amusing to me is that this evidently all started over a
> week ago and I've always provided my personal information, on request,
> to the arresting officer including the damned cell phone number. All
> they had to do was consult their own records and not bother my old
> employer.<G>
>
> The officer I talked to this morning even commented that all he had to
> to was run the DL number to find out where I lived... but the cell
> number (the house number is next to useless anymore due to constant
> spamming and no voice mail) would still not have been provided. Nor
> e-mails.

Sounds like they do things the hard way on purpose. They probably have
access to your cell number to. But that would take another subpoena :-)

> Major cluster**** if you ask me... ;-)
>>
>> Then the prosecutor has to scramble to find/subpoena all involved. I
>> agree, they should have notified you before and canceled if a deal was
>> reached.
>>
>> What happens if you're out of town and don't get the subpoena? Then the
>> case is in jeopardy. Just a little planning and they could make your
>> life easier !!!
>>
>> I take it you have been in this position before.

> Only once, but that's all it took to learn!
>>

>>> I have zero tolerance for DUI's, especially when involved in car wrecks
>>> and a great deal of previous history.

>> We have a 4 in 10 years, eligible for 7 years of public housing. Our
>> poster child for that law had 20 convictions. Yes twenty. A few in
>> different states, but those count to.

> And he still had his license?

Nope, not that I am aware of. But he was a mechanic, so always had
access to cars. Just would not bother trying to register them in his name.

>> His last conviction, I think he got 4 years. Eligible for 7, but got 4.
>> Why this nonsense?
>>
>> Gotta remember to, he is not eligible to get insurance, because he does
>> not have a license. So he is driving uninsured to. Charged for that to?
>> Not that I know of.
>>
>> Good luck,
>> BBQ

> He does not live in Texas...<g>
>
> I'll be fine. I'll just cooperate more with the prosecution!
>
> I'll reveal more later when all is said and done.
> Trust me that this moron really needs some serious jail time, and I'm
> usually very forgiving.

The heck with the judge and prosecutor. I, Governor BBQ, appoint you
judge for Tuesday, June 8, 2010. You are the judge, you decide if he
gets trial by jury or trial by Judge Om :-)

BBQ
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
bbq > wrote:

> > I called the contact number before and negotiated with him. I finally
> > agreed to an e-mail subpoena after contacting my main lab manager and
> > finding out I had the benefits to cover the day off, and I'd not be
> > penalized for it.
> >

> Isn't it a law that the employer has to honor subpoena that does not
> involve you having to appear before a judge?

I'm not sure that I even have to provide my cell to my employer. I do so
out of courtesy...

and wisdom. <g>
It's not listed.

I use Tracfone.

> > Sometimes this stuff can be a major pain in the ass when you are a
> > newbie.
> >

> Yea, sounds like it.

Newbie to said job position, not the situation.<g>

> > What was really amusing to me is that this evidently all started over a
> > week ago and I've always provided my personal information, on request,
> > to the arresting officer including the damned cell phone number. All
> > they had to do was consult their own records and not bother my old
> > employer.<G>
> >
> > The officer I talked to this morning even commented that all he had to
> > to was run the DL number to find out where I lived... but the cell
> > number (the house number is next to useless anymore due to constant
> > spamming and no voice mail) would still not have been provided. Nor
> > e-mails.
> >

> Sounds like they do things the hard way on purpose. They probably have
> access to your cell number to. But that would take another subpoena :-)\

I honestly don't know if one hand knows what the hell the other is
doing. I've been nothing but cooperative and they still don't seem to
know how to contact me, even with an unlisted cell number! I didn't
know squat about this until the voice mail from Dana!

Hell, they could have contacted SMPD. I'm a city volunteer...
and well known for being a cop lover.

> >> We have a 4 in 10 years, eligible for 7 years of public housing. Our
> >> poster child for that law had 20 convictions. Yes twenty. A few in
> >> different states, but those count to.

> > And he still had his license?
> >

> Nope, not that I am aware of. But he was a mechanic, so always had
> access to cars. Just would not bother trying to register them in his name.

Oy.

> >> His last conviction, I think he got 4 years. Eligible for 7, but got 4.
> >> Why this nonsense?
> >>
> >> Gotta remember to, he is not eligible to get insurance, because he does
> >> not have a license. So he is driving uninsured to. Charged for that to?
> >> Not that I know of.
> >>
> >> Good luck,
> >> BBQ

> > He does not live in Texas...<g>
> >
> > I'll be fine. I'll just cooperate more with the prosecution!
> >
> > I'll reveal more later when all is said and done.
> > Trust me that this moron really needs some serious jail time, and I'm
> > usually very forgiving.

> The heck with the judge and prosecutor. I, Governor BBQ, appoint you
> judge for Tuesday, June 8, 2010. You are the judge, you decide if he
> gets trial by jury or trial by Judge Om :-)
>
> BBQ

<rofl> I'll just do my part...:-)
This should be easier than that pot case I was a juror for. I still
regret being such a wuss in that one.
--
Peace! Om

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

i used to love them but as i get older they like me less, Lee
"Omelet" > wrote in message
news
> In article >,
> "Stormmee" > wrote:
>
>> "Omelet" > wrote in message
>> news

>> > I changed my mine and turned them in to salad meat. ;-)

>> oohh,,, well i gues someone has to eat salads, Lee

> I actually do love salads, and often have them at work.
> Steak salads are usually pretty lovely:
>
> <http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo...Q?feat=directl
> ink>
>
> Imho, a good salad is no different than a good sandwich, just without
> the bread. <g>
> --
> Peace! Om
>
> Web Albums: <http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet>
> Only Irish coffee provides in a single glass all four essential food
> groups: alcohol, caffeine, sugar and fat. --Alex Levine

Turkey Day tips AnnaBanana General Cooking 13 27-11-2009 01:03 AM
What temperature do I smoke a turkey at? Yoo Momma General Cooking 7 22-11-2006 06:42 PM
Turkey Tips Ricky Barbecue 1 23-11-2005 10:39 PM
Tips for using Weber's Smoke N Chips? Dunc Barbecue 2 30-08-2004 12:52 AM
How to Smoke/Cook the Turkey Jimbo Barbecue 4 23-10-2003 12:24 AM