Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Too cold for propane.......

We tried to light the Kamado with the gas assist lastnight. It was
having none of it. DH had unburried it from the blizzard + 12 " a few
days later, and we had a couple of fillets ready to go. The propane
just wouldn't flow. This is the first time that has happened, and
we've cooked with propane on our now gone propane bbqs for years all
winter long. The fillet was still delicious cooked in an iron
skillet, but certainly lacked that wonderful smokey flavor.
Nan in DE
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 2/14/2010 11:25 AM, Olde Hippee wrote:
> We tried to light the Kamado with the gas assist lastnight. It was
> having none of it. DH had unburried it from the blizzard + 12 " a few
> days later, and we had a couple of fillets ready to go. The propane
> just wouldn't flow. This is the first time that has happened, and
> we've cooked with propane on our now gone propane bbqs for years all
> winter long. The fillet was still delicious cooked in an iron
> skillet, but certainly lacked that wonderful smokey flavor.
> Nan in DE

Next time, if your tank is the small 20 pound tank, take it inside or
pour hot water over it to get it going.

--
piedmont, The Practical BBQ'r

http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/

(mawil55)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Olde Hippee" > wrote in message
> We tried to light the Kamado with the gas assist lastnight. It was
> having none of it. DH had unburried it from the blizzard + 12 " a few
> days later, and we had a couple of fillets ready to go. The propane
> just wouldn't flow. This is the first time that has happened, and
> we've cooked with propane on our now gone propane bbqs for years all
> winter long. The fillet was still delicious cooked in an iron
> skillet, but certainly lacked that wonderful smokey flavor.
> Nan in DE

You must be nearly out of gas and have no pressure. I've never had a flow
problem in low temperature. Did you try the spare tank?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 2010-02-14, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:

> You must be nearly out of gas and have no pressure. I've never had a flow
> problem in low temperature. Did you try the spare tank?

Since unit was buried, more likely it got water in nozzle or valve.
Warm it up with a Bernz-O-Matic torch! (jes kidding)

nb
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Feb 14, 1:36*pm, notbob > wrote:
> On 2010-02-14, Ed Pawlowski > wrote:
>
> > You must be nearly out of gas and have no pressure. *I've never had a flow
> > problem in low temperature. *Did you try the spare tank?

> Since unit was buried, more likely it got water in nozzle or valve.
> Warm it up with a Bernz-O-Matic torch! *(jes kidding) *
>
> nb

Actually I thought of warming it with the hair dryer....but decided
against it. Hubby tried it again yesterday and it lit right away. No
harm no foul. He said the regulater was frozen. What ever. Loved the
bernzomatic idea....BOOOOM!!!!

Propane rip-ff Ed Pawlowski General Cooking 98 29-05-2009 04:34 PM
Best gas (propane) cooktops?? Foodgirl Cooking Equipment 5 28-05-2007 06:25 AM
Propane grill Scotty General Cooking 16 26-06-2005 06:06 AM
Propane not hot enough Spud Barbecue 28 23-03-2005 02:47 PM
Propane to Natural Gas Info Needed Barbecue 17 07-03-2004 04:12 PM