Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Cool Whole Hog Cooker! and some OT..

Cool Whole Hog Cooker! and some OT..

Awwwfully dullll around here, guess everyone is too drunk to type.

I came across this whole hog cooker which if you can handle a sabre saw
then you could make one for yourself.

I thought it was very cool and anticipate making one for myself with a
few improvements. A very cheap and portable hog roaster indeed. I like
that it comes apart for storage or transport.

Plywood, aluminum sheet, 2x3, a few fasteners, rebar, and hog fence cut
to size.

Heck, this thing is so cheap I may buy one and modify it. Too busy right
now remodeling my house to sell, anyone need a brick home in SC with 4.2
wooded acres just south of Charlotte? Haven't seen snow in 4 years!

https://accounts.craigslist.org/post...33795495&db=lv

http://www.asadorcubano.com/

--
piedmont, The Practical BBQ'r

http://sites.google.com/site/thepracticalbbqr/
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

piedmont wrote:
> Cool Whole Hog Cooker! and some OT..
>
> http://www.asadorcubano.com/

I like the idea of having the charcoal inside the pit, but I've seen this
one in action and I think I prefer it:

http://www.lacajachina.com/

Apparently they're now hyping their experience with Bobby Flay, but they've
been around quite a while. A friend of mine has one and the pork they've
turned out with it has been fantastic. I noticed on their website they're
now offering a smoker option that looks like a puck feeder arrangment. That
would be nice to have.

--Brett

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 1/22/2010 11:37 AM, vex wrote:
> piedmont wrote:
>> Cool Whole Hog Cooker! and some OT..
>>
>> http://www.asadorcubano.com/

> I like the idea of having the charcoal inside the pit, but I've seen this
> one in action and I think I prefer it:
>
> http://www.lacajachina.com/
>
> Apparently they're now hyping their experience with Bobby Flay, but they've
> been around quite a while. A friend of mine has one and the pork they've
> turned out with it has been fantastic. I noticed on their website they're
> now offering a smoker option that looks like a puck feeder arrangment. That
> would be nice to have.
> --Brett

The .china. is the one mentioned on the asador site, because it cooks
with the coals on the top lid, where the asador cooks with coals
actually under the hog for a real bbq flavor. There was a long ago
website of someone in New England that had a plywood box with metal lid
where coals were placed on top the lid, it does roast the hog but still
not bbq. I've seen a 55 gallon drum buried up right but with end open
and hog wired to lid and then drop hog into drum as lid closes then
light a fire onto of lid, roast hog but not bbq. Many ways to roast and
bbq a whole hog,
Regards!