Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default smoky pork chops

I bought two thick piggy t-bones yesterday. Since we're enjoying a
break in the winter weather I thought I'd fire up the WSM. I started a
chimney of Maple Leaf lump and tossed a chunk of apple wood on top.
While that heated up I rubbed the chops with Montreal steak spice,
chili powder and dry mustard. I cooked them for 27 minutes with direct
heat and the dampers wide open for 27 minutes. The results were
fantastic. The direct heat and spices combined to make a crisp smoky
bark, the interior was moist and delicious.

Cam
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jan 16, 8:49*am, Cam > wrote:
> I bought two thick piggy t-bones yesterday. Since we're enjoying a
> break in the winter weather I thought I'd fire up the WSM. I started a
> chimney of Maple Leaf lump and tossed a chunk of apple wood on top.
> While that heated up I rubbed the chops with Montreal steak spice,
> chili powder and dry mustard. I cooked them for 27 minutes with direct
> heat and the dampers wide open for 27 minutes. The results were
> fantastic. The direct heat and spices combined to make a crisp smoky
> bark, the interior was moist and delicious.
>
> Cam

Like the spices. Will have to keep my eyes open for that cut of meat.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Tutall wrote:
> On Jan 16, 8:49 am, Cam > wrote:
>
>>I bought two thick piggy t-bones yesterday. Since we're enjoying a
>>break in the winter weather I thought I'd fire up the WSM. I started a
>>chimney of Maple Leaf lump and tossed a chunk of apple wood on top.
>>While that heated up I rubbed the chops with Montreal steak spice,
>>chili powder and dry mustard. I cooked them for 27 minutes with direct
>>heat and the dampers wide open for 27 minutes. The results were
>>fantastic. The direct heat and spices combined to make a crisp smoky
>>bark, the interior was moist and delicious.
>>
>>Cam

> Like the spices. Will have to keep my eyes open for that cut of meat.

Locally here in NC, Smithfields has a chop cut thick bone in
that shows up on the shelf now and then. Even better when
when they are Red Sticked and I take them home and introduce
them to my CI Dutch Oven. Nothing wrong with the lump way,
mostly this is one a work night.

Your spices and wood sound right on.

Craig
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 08:49:09 -0800 (PST), Cam >
wrote:

>I bought two thick piggy t-bones yesterday. Since we're enjoying a
>break in the winter weather I thought I'd fire up the WSM. I started a
>chimney of Maple Leaf lump and tossed a chunk of apple wood on top.
>While that heated up I rubbed the chops with Montreal steak spice,
>chili powder and dry mustard. I cooked them for 27 minutes with direct
>heat and the dampers wide open for 27 minutes. The results were
>fantastic. The direct heat and spices combined to make a crisp smoky
>bark, the interior was moist and delicious.
>
>Cam

Cam, just came back from Costco with a package of chops. I got all
the ingredients except the dry mustard. Will wet mustard do?
Eddie
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jan 16, 9:26*pm, Eddie > wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Jan 2010 08:49:09 -0800 (PST), Cam >
> wrote:
>
> >I bought two thick piggy t-bones yesterday. Since we're enjoying a
> >break in the winter weather I thought I'd fire up the WSM. I started a
> >chimney of Maple Leaf lump and tossed a chunk of apple wood on top.
> >While that heated up I rubbed the chops with Montreal steak spice,
> >chili powder and dry mustard. I cooked them for 27 minutes with direct
> >heat and the dampers wide open for 27 minutes. The results were
> >fantastic. The direct heat and spices combined to make a crisp smoky
> >bark, the interior was moist and delicious.

> >Cam

> Cam, just came back from Costco with a package of chops. *I got all
> the ingredients except the dry mustard. *Will wet mustard do?
> Eddie

I'd give it a shot but you might find it burns a little easier

Cam

Pork Chops Ed Pawlowski General Cooking 4 03-05-2012 04:47 AM
Pork chops Nick Cramer Diabetic 9 14-01-2009 12:49 AM
Chocolate Pork Chops (Mole Style Pork Chops) Danisha Recipes (moderated) 0 30-12-2006 02:55 AM
How many pork chops. . . Melba's Jammin' General Cooking 73 29-07-2005 12:45 AM