Old 15-01-2010, 04:02 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default WebRing

How many of you have a personal web site or Blog relating to bbq?

I put my personal website on Smoke Ring but am unhappy that the majority
of the sites are commercial sites.

I'm wanting to set up a WebRing strictly for folks that have a
predominantly personal and mainly non-profit Blog or Web Site.

I use Google sites and my web site is 99 percent non-commercial. I
removed Google sidebar ads, but could be used if someone wanted. So the
criteria would be a personal website dedicated to bbq with at most one
or two things you might want to promote but keeping it discreet, I have
a page on my website were I sell homemade soap from hog lard and if
someone can't fabricate, then I will sell/make them a "piedmont double
drip pan" to their specifications. But all in all my site is about Q

A simple Webring would be the last person on the ring would add a simple
link to the next new site to join. Also the last one in the ring would
have a link back to the first site, simple and free.

If someone breaks the simple rules then the person ahead of them would
remove their link and direct to the person after the offending site.

Sooo, anyone interested? and by the way, using Google is a wonderfully
easy way to make a web site if you haven't one already and it is free
but yes you do need a google email address to make a site.

piedmont

Old 18-01-2010, 12:26 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nunya Bidnits" wrote in message
piedmont said:

snip

A simple Webring would be the last person on the ring would add a
simple link to the next new site to join. Also the last one in the
ring would have a link back to the first site, simple and free.

If someone breaks the simple rules then the person ahead of them would
remove their link and direct to the person after the offending site.

Sooo, anyone interested? and by the way, using Google is a wonderfully
easy way to make a web site if you haven't one already and it is free
but yes you do need a google email address to make a site.

piedmont

Are you referring to google web sites or google's blogger.com? As far as
blogger, you don't have to have a gmail addy, just a verifiable email
address. You might have to get one if you decide to "monetize" though.

I run a blog for my dad, and have tinkered with a "pigskin and pork" blog
but haven't gone public with it. However I'd be motivated to put more
effort
into it and go live if there was a non-commercial webring like you
mention.
I don't want to compete with professionally produced commercial sites. I
don't mind the aspect of grass roots products marketing at a respectable
level of intensity.

MartyB in KC

I used Google Sites, to make my website and it was extremely easy to do, the
one fellow I referenced to in another post had a nice and simple blog about
bbq with good pictures of what he cooked. I believe both could add a link to
the ring.
piedmont