Barbecue (alt.food.barbecue) Discuss barbecue and grilling--southern style "low and slow" smoking of ribs, shoulders and briskets, as well as direct heat grilling of everything from burgers to salmon to vegetables.

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-01-2010, 02:51 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 93
Default Barbecue Trail / North Carolina BBQ Society

http://www.ncbbqsociety.com/trail.html

Barbecue Trail

NCBS has designed a barbecue trail from Eastern North Carolina to
Tennessee. The trail will meander across the state with stops at 24 NCBS
Historic Barbecue Pits. These pits were carefully and selectively chosen
by the NCBS board as representatives of the distinctive methods and
barbecue cooking styles that have made North Carolina the Barbecue
Capital of the World. Each NCBS Historic Barbecue Pit still cooks the
old fashioned pit cooked method. And each NCBS Historic Barbecue Pit
will proudly display a specially designed emblem depicting old style
barbecue cooking that is part of the tradition, heritage and culture
that NCBS seeks to preserve.

Criteria for selection to the NCBS Historic Barbecue Trail included,
among other things, that the NCBS Historic Barbecue Pit cook their meat
product on pits fueled by wood or charcoal, make their own sauce, that
the pit had operated continuously for fifteen or more years, that the
end product was a good offering and representative of North Carolina
Barbecue and that the pit had earned and enjoyed the high esteem of its
community, the barbecue industry and barbecue aficionados. The board
decided to only include pits that provide a sit down dining experience
for the public and to limit the number of pits on the trail to two per
town/city.
The establishment of the NCBS Historic Barbecue Trail will afford
visitors to the Old North State an opportunity to sample North Carolina
barbecue cooked in the traditional fashion and served by some of the
nicest people one could ever hope to meet.

  #2 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-01-2010, 03:06 AM posted to alt.food.barbecue
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,516
Default Barbecue Trail / North Carolina BBQ Society

piedmont wrote:
http://www.ncbbqsociety.com/trail.html

Barbecue Trail

NCBS has designed a barbecue trail from Eastern North Carolina to
Tennessee. The trail will meander across the state with stops at 24 NCBS
Historic Barbecue Pits. These pits were carefully and selectively chosen
by the NCBS board as representatives of the distinctive methods and
barbecue cooking styles that have made North Carolina the Barbecue
Capital of the World. Each NCBS Historic Barbecue Pit still cooks the
old fashioned pit cooked method. And each NCBS Historic Barbecue Pit
will proudly display a specially designed emblem depicting old style
barbecue cooking that is part of the tradition, heritage and culture
that NCBS seeks to preserve.

Criteria for selection to the NCBS Historic Barbecue Trail included,
among other things, that the NCBS Historic Barbecue Pit cook their meat
product on pits fueled by wood or charcoal, make their own sauce, that
the pit had operated continuously for fifteen or more years, that the
end product was a good offering and representative of North Carolina
Barbecue and that the pit had earned and enjoyed the high esteem of its
community, the barbecue industry and barbecue aficionados. The board
decided to only include pits that provide a sit down dining experience
for the public and to limit the number of pits on the trail to two per
town/city.
The establishment of the NCBS Historic Barbecue Trail will afford
visitors to the Old North State an opportunity to sample North Carolina
barbecue cooked in the traditional fashion and served by some of the
nicest people one could ever hope to meet.


I bookmarked the page. DH and I are going to NJ in April for a family
thing. We are driving. On the way home to way-the-heck-south, which will
be late April, we just might consider taking the NC BBQ Trail.

We have been to Lexington a couple of times.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.
  #3 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-01-2010, 04:30 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 188
Default Barbecue Trail / North Carolina BBQ Society

On 1/9/2010 9:06 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
piedmont wrote:
http://www.ncbbqsociety.com/trail.html

Barbecue Trail

NCBS has designed a barbecue trail from Eastern North Carolina to
Tennessee. The trail will meander across the state with stops at 24
NCBS Historic Barbecue Pits. These pits were carefully and selectively
chosen by the NCBS board as representatives of the distinctive methods
and barbecue cooking styles that have made North Carolina the Barbecue
Capital of the World. Each NCBS Historic Barbecue Pit still cooks the
old fashioned pit cooked method. And each NCBS Historic Barbecue Pit
will proudly display a specially designed emblem depicting old style
barbecue cooking that is part of the tradition, heritage and culture
that NCBS seeks to preserve.

Criteria for selection to the NCBS Historic Barbecue Trail included,
among other things, that the NCBS Historic Barbecue Pit cook their
meat product on pits fueled by wood or charcoal, make their own sauce,
that the pit had operated continuously for fifteen or more years, that
the end product was a good offering and representative of North
Carolina Barbecue and that the pit had earned and enjoyed the high
esteem of its community, the barbecue industry and barbecue
aficionados. The board decided to only include pits that provide a sit
down dining experience for the public and to limit the number of pits
on the trail to two per town/city.
The establishment of the NCBS Historic Barbecue Trail will afford
visitors to the Old North State an opportunity to sample North
Carolina barbecue cooked in the traditional fashion and served by some
of the nicest people one could ever hope to meet.


I bookmarked the page. DH and I are going to NJ in April for a family
thing. We are driving. On the way home to way-the-heck-south, which will
be late April, we just might consider taking the NC BBQ Trail.

We have been to Lexington a couple of times.


Don't really know you and husband but willing to meet you at a local Q
Joint if you come this way. My wife Yvonne and I live right off I-85,
South of Charlotte, NC. Here is the link to RO's BBQ, http://www.rosbbq.com/

Regards,
piedmont (Michael Willsey)
  #4 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-01-2010, 07:14 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 24,847
Default Barbecue Trail / North Carolina BBQ Society

In article , piedmont
wrote:

On 1/9/2010 9:06 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
piedmont wrote:
http://www.ncbbqsociety.com/trail.html

snipped

www.ironworksbbq.com

Don't really know you and husband but willing to meet you at a local Q
Joint if you come this way. My wife Yvonne and I live right off I-85,
South of Charlotte, NC. Here is the link to RO's BBQ, http://www.rosbbq.com/

Regards,
piedmont (Michael Willsey)

--
Peace! Om

"Human nature seems to be to control other people until they put their foot down."
--Steve Rothstein

Web Albums: http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet

Subscribe:

  #5 (permalink)   Report Post  
Old 10-01-2010, 08:49 PM posted to alt.food.barbecue
external usenet poster
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 5,516
Default Barbecue Trail / North Carolina BBQ Society

piedmont wrote:
On 1/9/2010 9:06 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
piedmont wrote:
http://www.ncbbqsociety.com/trail.html

Barbecue Trail

NCBS has designed a barbecue trail from Eastern North Carolina to
Tennessee. The trail will meander across the state with stops at 24
NCBS Historic Barbecue Pits. These pits were carefully and selectively
chosen by the NCBS board as representatives of the distinctive methods
and barbecue cooking styles that have made North Carolina the Barbecue
Capital of the World. Each NCBS Historic Barbecue Pit still cooks the
old fashioned pit cooked method. And each NCBS Historic Barbecue Pit
will proudly display a specially designed emblem depicting old style
barbecue cooking that is part of the tradition, heritage and culture
that NCBS seeks to preserve.

Criteria for selection to the NCBS Historic Barbecue Trail included,
among other things, that the NCBS Historic Barbecue Pit cook their
meat product on pits fueled by wood or charcoal, make their own sauce,
that the pit had operated continuously for fifteen or more years, that
the end product was a good offering and representative of North
Carolina Barbecue and that the pit had earned and enjoyed the high
esteem of its community, the barbecue industry and barbecue
aficionados. The board decided to only include pits that provide a sit
down dining experience for the public and to limit the number of pits
on the trail to two per town/city.
The establishment of the NCBS Historic Barbecue Trail will afford
visitors to the Old North State an opportunity to sample North
Carolina barbecue cooked in the traditional fashion and served by some
of the nicest people one could ever hope to meet.


I bookmarked the page. DH and I are going to NJ in April for a family
thing. We are driving. On the way home to way-the-heck-south, which will
be late April, we just might consider taking the NC BBQ Trail.

We have been to Lexington a couple of times.


Don't really know you and husband but willing to meet you at a local Q
Joint if you come this way. My wife Yvonne and I live right off I-85,
South of Charlotte, NC. Here is the link to RO's BBQ,
http://www.rosbbq.com/

Regards,
piedmont (Michael Willsey)


Thanks so much. I saved a copy of your post.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Spelling doesn't count. Cooking does.


Reply
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules

Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
If you're looking for BBQ in North Carolina sf[_9_] General Cooking 6 01-08-2015 06:28 PM
Real North Carolina barbecue... piedmont Barbecue 0 10-01-2010 04:38 PM
North Carolina Barbecue Sauce chefrwmiller Recipes (moderated) 0 04-08-2006 04:07 AM
North Carolina Barbecue Site [email protected] Barbecue 4 27-06-2005 12:19 PM
North Carolina Barbecue Site [email protected] General Cooking 7 27-06-2005 12:17 PM


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 06:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2004-2022 FoodBanter.com.
The comments are property of their posters.
 

About Us

"It's about Food and drink"

 

Copyright © 2017