FoodBanter.com

-   -   Barbecue Trail / North Carolina BBQ Society (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/392848-barbecue-trail-north-carolina.html)

piedmont 10-01-2010 01:51 AM

Barbecue Trail / North Carolina BBQ Society

http://www.ncbbqsociety.com/trail.html

Barbecue Trail

NCBS has designed a barbecue trail from Eastern North Carolina to
Tennessee. The trail will meander across the state with stops at 24 NCBS
Historic Barbecue Pits. These pits were carefully and selectively chosen
by the NCBS board as representatives of the distinctive methods and
barbecue cooking styles that have made North Carolina the Barbecue
Capital of the World. Each NCBS Historic Barbecue Pit still cooks the
old fashioned pit cooked method. And each NCBS Historic Barbecue Pit
will proudly display a specially designed emblem depicting old style
barbecue cooking that is part of the tradition, heritage and culture
that NCBS seeks to preserve.

Criteria for selection to the NCBS Historic Barbecue Trail included,
among other things, that the NCBS Historic Barbecue Pit cook their meat
product on pits fueled by wood or charcoal, make their own sauce, that
the pit had operated continuously for fifteen or more years, that the
end product was a good offering and representative of North Carolina
Barbecue and that the pit had earned and enjoyed the high esteem of its
community, the barbecue industry and barbecue aficionados. The board
decided to only include pits that provide a sit down dining experience
for the public and to limit the number of pits on the trail to two per
town/city.
The establishment of the NCBS Historic Barbecue Trail will afford
visitors to the Old North State an opportunity to sample North Carolina
barbecue cooked in the traditional fashion and served by some of the
nicest people one could ever hope to meet.

Janet Wilder[_1_] 10-01-2010 02:06 AM

piedmont wrote:
[...]

I bookmarked the page. DH and I are going to NJ in April for a family
thing. We are driving. On the way home to way-the-heck-south, which will
be late April, we just might consider taking the NC BBQ Trail.

We have been to Lexington a couple of times.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas

Piedmont 10-01-2010 03:30 PM

On 1/9/2010 9:06 PM, Janet Wilder wrote:
piedmont wrote:
[...]

Don't really know you and husband but willing to meet you at a local Q
Joint if you come this way. My wife Yvonne and I live right off I-85,
South of Charlotte, NC. Here is the link to RO's BBQ, http://www.rosbbq.com/

Regards,
piedmont (Michael Willsey)

Omelet[_7_] 10-01-2010 06:14 PM

Barbecue Trail / North Carolina BBQ Society

piedmont wrote:
http://www.ncbbqsociety.com/trail.html

snipped

www.ironworksbbq.com

Don't really know you and husband but willing to meet you at a local Q
Joint if you come this way. My wife Yvonne and I live right off I-85,
South of Charlotte, NC. Here is the link to RO's BBQ, http://www.rosbbq.com/

Regards,
piedmont (Michael Willsey)

--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Janet Wilder[_1_] 10-01-2010 07:49 PM

piedmont wrote:
[...]

Thanks so much. I saved a copy of your post.