Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default M'Oinkballs

Somewhere DH found a recipe for M'Oinkballs. It is so simple and to
die for eating. You buy frozen meatballs, thaw, and wrap 1/3 slice of
bacon around them and secure with toothpic. Then you cook them in a
pan on the grill @ 200 degrees for 1 + hours, went 15 min over before
DH decided they were perfect. And perfect they are. The bacon is
crispy and the meatballs are hot. This is truly a Nirvana dish. The
pics looked like some of them had rub on them, we'll be trying that
next time on some.
And y'all have probably heard of this before. We just tried it NYD. It
will become part of our repetoire, esp for NASCAR weekends. Go Piggy,
you can improve almost anything. Yay Pig!!
Nan in DE
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Olde Hippee wrote:
> Somewhere DH found a recipe for M'Oinkballs. It is so simple and to
> die for eating. You buy frozen meatballs,

Why would anyone buy frozen meatballs? They gave out samples at the store
one day and they are horrid things. Why not make meatballs yourself and do
the bacon thing?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article
Olde Hippee > wrote:

> Somewhere DH found a recipe for M'Oinkballs. It is so simple and to
> die for eating. You buy frozen meatballs, thaw, and wrap 1/3 slice of
> bacon around them and secure with toothpic. Then you cook them in a
> pan on the grill @ 200 degrees for 1 + hours, went 15 min over before
> DH decided they were perfect. And perfect they are. The bacon is
> crispy and the meatballs are hot. This is truly a Nirvana dish. The
> pics looked like some of them had rub on them, we'll be trying that
> next time on some.
> And y'all have probably heard of this before. We just tried it NYD. It
> will become part of our repetoire, esp for NASCAR weekends. Go Piggy,
> you can improve almost anything. Yay Pig!!
> Nan in DE

Ok, I'm ashamed to admit that actually sounds good. <g>
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:

> Olde Hippee wrote:
> > Somewhere DH found a recipe for M'Oinkballs. It is so simple and to
> > die for eating. You buy frozen meatballs,

> Why would anyone buy frozen meatballs? They gave out samples at the store
> one day and they are horrid things. Why not make meatballs yourself and do
> the bacon thing?

Because some commercial meatballs actually are tasty and time saving. ;-)

See he

<http://picasaweb.google.com/OMPOmelet/RavioliCheats#>
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Nunya Bidnits" > wrote:

> Ed Pawlowski said:
> > Olde Hippee wrote:
> >> Somewhere DH found a recipe for M'Oinkballs. It is so simple and to
> >> die for eating. You buy frozen meatballs,

> > Why would anyone buy frozen meatballs? They gave out samples at the
> > store one day and they are horrid things. Why not make meatballs
> > yourself and do the bacon thing?

> Frozen meatballs are what you get at the free lunch at Costco. That, and the
> frozen mystery pizza globs.
>
> The concept sounds good though, and I'm tired of the little smokies wrapped
> in bacon and rolled in brown sugar.
>
> It occurs to me that a lot of the frozen prepared meats could be made a
> whole lot better by just vac packing them. That stuff is almost always
> freezer burned. Except Costco's Kirkland brand. They make the blandest foods
> on the planet... even the prepared meals they sell which aren't frozen. It's
> kinda like anti-matter, I think they use anti-seasoning.

Our local Generic brand grocery store meatballs are just fine and
_never_ freezer burned.

> Ed's got a point though, meatballs are easy enough to make that it would be
> worth working from scratch. If the recipe calls for putting them on the
> grill still frozen then you could always stuff them in the freezer long
> enough to get them stiffened up.
>
> MartyB

<lol>
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nunya Bidnits" > wrote in
message ...

> Frozen meatballs are what you get at the free lunch at
> Costco. --

We like to think of going to Costco as "Having Lunch at the
Club." It sounds a lot more high-falootin' when I try to
impress the neighbors. <grin>

Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue
Bob Bob is offline

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> Olde Hippee wrote:
>> Somewhere DH found a recipe for M'Oinkballs. It is so simple and to
>> die for eating. You buy frozen meatballs,

> Why would anyone buy frozen meatballs? They gave out samples at the store
> one day and they are horrid things. Why not make meatballs yourself and do
> the bacon thing?

Yeah. Easy Peasy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7W08C3SLLY

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Bob" > wrote:

> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> > Olde Hippee wrote:
> >> Somewhere DH found a recipe for M'Oinkballs. It is so simple and to
> >> die for eating. You buy frozen meatballs,

> > Why would anyone buy frozen meatballs? They gave out samples at the store
> > one day and they are horrid things. Why not make meatballs yourself and do
> > the bacon thing?

> Yeah. Easy Peasy.
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7W08C3SLLY

Ham and beef and cheese...
How can one go wrong? <g>
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Sqwertz > wrote:

> On Sun, 3 Jan 2010 12:15:20 -0500, Ed Pawlowski wrote:
>
> > Olde Hippee wrote:
> >> Somewhere DH found a recipe for M'Oinkballs. It is so simple and to
> >> die for eating. You buy frozen meatballs,

> > Why would anyone buy frozen meatballs? They gave out samples at the store
> > one day and they are horrid things. Why not make meatballs yourself and do
> > the bacon thing?

> The CostCo meatballs are pretty good, but after about 5 bags of
> them, you get kinda burnt out on them. They're better than I can
> make at home.
>
> -sw

The HEB ones I posted are not so bad either. ;-d
--
Peace! Om

--Steve Rothstein

Subscribe:

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Jan 3, 12:15*pm, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:
> Olde Hippee wrote:
> > Somewhere DH found a recipe for M'Oinkballs. It is so simple and to
> > die for eating. You buy frozen meatballs,

> Why would anyone buy frozen meatballs? *They gave out samples at the store
> one day and they are horrid things. Why not make meatballs yourself and do
> the bacon thing?

I do make my own meatballs for spaghetti, the store version is too
salty the next day for my taste, but there were none made. The frozen
ones were convenient to try them with. I will probably make and
freeze a whole batch just to use as M'Oinkballs. Can't believe y'all
went off on the meatballs.