Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Default Subway's Meatball Marinara

Does anyone know with certainty who is the supplier of Subway's meatballs?

--
Thanks.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Hey Saucer:

Are they that good, or that bad?

"Saucer Man" > wrote in message
> Does anyone know with certainty who is the supplier of Subway's meatballs?
>
> --
> Thanks.
>

> --- news://freenews.netfront.net/ - complaints: ---

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Well, I think they are awesome. Of course, the fresh baked bread and
marinara sauce both contribute.

"Tim Conde" > wrote in message
> Hey Saucer:
>
> Are they that good, or that bad?

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

"Saucer Man" > wrote in message
> Well, I think they are awesome. Of course, the fresh baked
> bread and marinara sauce both contribute.

Saucer man, what planet are you from?
--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Saucer Man wrote:
> Well, I think they are awesome. Of course, the fresh baked bread and
> marinara sauce both contribute.

Sorry to hear of your culinary shortcomings. I hope that some day you
actually get to eat some real bread.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

On Dec 30, 4:28*pm, "Saucer Man" > wrote:
> Does anyone know with certainty who is the supplier of Subway's meatballs?

Alpo.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> Saucer Man wrote:
> > Well, I think they are awesome. Of course, the fresh baked bread and
> > marinara sauce both contribute.
> >

> Sorry to hear of your culinary shortcomings. I hope that some day you
> actually get to eat some real bread.

It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH right there
in the store.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 00:15:31 -0600, "Jerry Sauk"
> wrote:

>"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
m...
>> Saucer Man wrote:
>> > Well, I think they are awesome. Of course, the fresh baked bread and
>> > marinara sauce both contribute.
>> >

>> Sorry to hear of your culinary shortcomings. I hope that some day you
>> actually get to eat some real bread.

>It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH right there
>in the store.

Who cares if they make it at the store if it is still CRAP!

http://subway.com/subwayroot/MenuNut...gredients.aspx

Sure looks healthy to me.

BREADS

9-GRAIN WHEAT Enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, barley malt, niacin,
iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, yeast, high
fructose corn syrup, whole wheat flour, wheat gluten, contains 2% or
less of the following: oat fiber, soybean oil, salt, wheat bran,
rolled wheat, rye nuggets, dough conditioners (DATEM, sodium stearoyl
lactylate), yeast nutrients (calcium sulfate, ammonium sulfate),
degermed yellow corn meal, rolled oats, rye flakes, caramel color,
triticale flakes, parboiled brown rice, refinery syrup, honey, barley
flakes, flaxseed, millet, sorghum flour, azodiacarbonamide, natural
flavor (maltodextrin, natural flavor, silicon dioxide, lactic acid).
Contains wheat.

CIABATTA BREAD Enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced
iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, enzymes, folic acid), water,
yeast, salt, rye flour, sugar, dough conditioners (DATEM, ascorbic
acid, enzymes), guar gum, dextrose, extra virgin olive oil, malted
barley flour, soybean oil.

FLATBREAD Enriched flour (wheat flour, niacin, reduced iron, thiamine
mononitrate (vitamin B1), riboflavin (vitamin B2), folic acid, malted
barley flour), water, soybean oil, yeast, contains 2% or less of
nonfat dry milk, salt, wheat gluten, sugar, dough conditioner (acacia
gum, guar gum, ascorbic acid, L-cysteine, enzymes), calcium
propionate, baking powder (sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium
bicarbonate, corn starch, monocalcium phosphate), and sodium stearoyl
lactylate. Contains milk and wheat.

HEARTY ITALIAN BREAD Subway® Italian bread, yellow cornmeal. Contains
soy and wheat.

HONEY OAT BREAD Subway® Wheat Bread, honey oat topping (organic cane
juice solids, rolled oats, diced soy nuts, honey solids, wheat starch,
sunflower oil, salt, caramel color, and natural flavor). Contains soy
and wheat.

ITALIAN (WHITE) BREAD Enriched flour (wheat flour, barley malt,
niacin, iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water,
sugar, contains less than 2% of the following: soybean oil, fermented
wheat flour, yeast, salt, wheat protein isolate, wheat gluten, dough
conditioners (acetylated tartaric acid esters of mono- and
diglycerides, ammonium sulfate, calcium sulfate, ascorbic acid,
azodicarbonamide, potassium iodate, amylase [enzymes]), sodium
stearoyl-2-lactylate, lactic acid, sulfites, mineral oil. Contains
wheat.

ITALIAN HERBS & CHEESE BREAD Subway® Italian Bread, Monterey Jack
cheese (cultured pasteurized milk, salt, enzymes, artificial color),
cheddar cheese (cultured pasteurized milk, salt, enzymes, artificial
color) potato starch and powdered cellulose added to prevent caking,
natamycin [a natural mold inhibitor]), garlic powder, corn
maltodextrin, long grain rice powder, salt, toasted bread crumbs
(wheat flour, dextrose, modified wheat starch, sugar, salt, yeast,
caramel coloring, paprika), spice, parmesan cheese solids (milk,
cheese, cultures, salt, enzymes, calcium chloride), cellulose),
modified palm oil, oregano, natural and artificial flavor (including
butter extract), sunflower oil, whey, gum arabic, citric acid, yeast
extract, lactic acid, calcium lactate, disodium phosphate and not more
than 2% silicon dioxide added (as anticaking agent). Contains milk and
wheat.

MONTEREY CHEDDAR BREAD Subway® Italian Bread, Monterey Jack cheese
(cultured pasteurized milk, salt, enzymes, artificial color), cheddar
cheese (cultured pasteurized milk, salt, enzymes, artificial color)
potato starch and powdered cellulose added to prevent caking,
natamycin (a natural mold inhibitor). Contains milk and wheat.

PARMESAN/OREGANO BREAD SUBWAY® Italian Bread, garlic powder, corn
maltodextrin, long grain rice powder, salt, toasted bread crumbs
(wheat flour, dextrose, modified wheat starch, sugar, salt, yeast,
caramel coloring, paprika), spice, parmesan cheese solids (milk,
cheese, cultures, salt, enzymes, calcium chloride), cellulose),
modified palm oil, oregano, natural and artificial flavor (including
butter extract), sunflower oil, whey, gum arabic, citric acid, yeast
extract, lactic acid, calcium lactate, disodium phosphate and not more
than 2% silicon dioxide added (as anticaking agent). Contains milk and
wheat.

ROASTED GARLIC BREAD Subway® Italian Bread, Roasted Garlic Topping
(yellow cornmeal, salt, sugar, green bell pepper, sodium diacetate,
dehydrated garlic, spices, onion powder, soybean oil, paprika,
disodium guanylate, disodium inosinate, ascorbic acid, natural flavor,
soy lecithin, and not more than 2% calcium silicate (as anticaking
agent). Contains wheat.

SOURDOUGH BREAD Enriched flour (flour, malted barley flour, niacin,
iron, thiamin mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid), water, yeast, high
fructose corn syrup, soybean oil, salt, fumaric acid, sodium
stearoyl-2-lactylate, sodium diacetate, acetylated tartaric acid
esters of mono-and diglycerides, lactic acid, ammonium sulfate,
calcium sulfate, ascorbic acid, azodicarbonamide, potassium iodate,
amylase, mineral oil. Contains wheat.

WRAP Bleached enriched wheat flour (wheat flour, malted barley flour,
niacin, reduced iron, thiamine mononitrate, riboflavin, folic acid),
water, soybean oil, hydrogenated vegetable oil (contains one or more
of the following: cottonseed oil, soybean oil) with mono- and
diglycerides added, potato starch with monoglyceride, sugar, contains
2% or less of the following: salt, vital wheat gluten, baking powder
(sodium acid pyrophosphate, sodium bicarbonate, corn starch,
monocalcium phosphate), monoglycerides and citric acid to preserve
freshness, fumaric acid, sodium bicarbonate, dough conditioner (wheat
flour, calcium sulfate, sorbic acid), sodium propionate and potassium
sorbate (preservatives). Contains wheat.

And then there is the meat balls and sauce:

MEATBALLS Beef, water, seasoning (soy protein concentrate, breadcrumbs
[bleached wheat flour, sugar, salt, soybean oil, dried yeast],
dehydrated onion and garlic, salt, spice, dehydrated parsley, caramel
color), Romano cheese (made from pasteurized cow’s milk, cheese
cultures, salt, enzymes), caramel color. Marinara Sauce: tomatoes,
tomato puree (water, tomato paste), corn syrup, high fructose corn
syrup, soybean oil, modified food starch, salt, dehydrated onions,
spices, onion powder. Contains milk, soy, and wheat.

Sure isn't the way I make it!

Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

"If people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines
they take, their bodies will soon be
in as sorry a state as are the souls of
those who live under tyranny"

"Thomas Jefferson"
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

On Dec 31, 12:15*am, "Jerry Sauk" > wrote:
> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message

> > Saucer Man wrote:
> > > Well, I think they are awesome. *Of course, the fresh baked bread and
> > > marinara sauce both contribute.

> > Sorry to hear of your culinary shortcomings. * *I hope that some day you
> > actually get to eat some real bread.

> It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH right there
> in the store.

Why do you get so excited about this? Do you have a vein bulging in
your forehead......well.....Lord knows you don't have a vein bulging
anywhere else.....
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 17:28:14 -0500, "Saucer Man"
> wrote:

>Does anyone know with certainty who is the supplier of Subway's meatballs?

did you have to cross post this???

Anyway, want to make your own? Here you go!

[...]

Like Ed said....

Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

"If people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines
they take, their bodies will soon be
in as sorry a state as are the souls of
those who live under tyranny"

"Thomas Jefferson"

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

"projectile vomit chick" > wrote in message
On Dec 30, 4:28 pm, "Saucer Man" > wrote:
> Does anyone know with certainty who is the supplier of Subway's meatballs?

Alpo.

That would be Purina not Alpo?

Robert

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Jerry Sauk wrote:
> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
>> Saucer Man wrote:
>>> Well, I think they are awesome. Of course, the fresh baked bread
>>> and marinara sauce both contribute.
>>>

>> Sorry to hear of your culinary shortcomings. I hope that some day
>> you actually get to eat some real bread.

> It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH right
> there in the store.

Yes, but it is still second rate. No, third rate. I've been to probably
100+ bakeries over the years that are far superior to the soft stuff at
Subway. Want good Italian? go to Veccione, DiNofa, Esposito, or many
others. Want real rye or pumpernickel? Widoff's or Sepvula's are my first
choices, but there are others.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 17:28:14 -0500, "Saucer Man"
> wrote:

>Does anyone know with certainty who is the supplier of Subway's meatballs?

They get then at the dollar store.

Lou

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 21:28:59 -0500, "Saucer Man"
> wrote:

>Well, I think they are awesome. Of course, the fresh baked bread and
>marinara sauce both contribute.

I actually had one about 5 years ago and it was disgusting. The bread
fell apart and the sauce sucked. The meatballs were made from total
shit. Even their normal subs sucks. If you think that's good bread
you really need to stay away from your computer and go out into the
world.

Lou
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 00:15:31 -0600, "Jerry Sauk"
> wrote:

>"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
m...
>> Saucer Man wrote:
>> > Well, I think they are awesome. Of course, the fresh baked bread and
>> > marinara sauce both contribute.
>> >

>> Sorry to hear of your culinary shortcomings. I hope that some day you
>> actually get to eat some real bread.

>It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH right there
>in the store.

LOL. Frozen dough formed in a factory. jerry you're pathetic.

Lou

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 03:04:23 -0500, "Robert"
> wrote:

>"projectile vomit chick" > wrote in message
>On Dec 30, 4:28 pm, "Saucer Man" > wrote:
>> Does anyone know with certainty who is the supplier of Subway's meatballs?

>Alpo.
>
>That would be Purina not Alpo?
>
>Robert

Either one fits I think. I've had one of those sandwiches and it was
horrible.

Lou
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

"Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 00:15:31 -0600, "Jerry Sauk"
> > wrote:
>

>>"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
om...

>>> Sorry to hear of your culinary shortcomings. I hope that some day you
>>> actually get to eat some real bread.

>>It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH right there
>>in the store.

> LOL. Frozen dough formed in a factory. jerry you're pathetic.
>
> Lou

he said BAKED fresh, not MADE fresh. One step lower would be SERVED fresh .
.. .

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 12:40:28 -0600, "Nunya Bidnits"
> wrote:

>Ed Pawlowski said:
>> Jerry Sauk wrote:

>>> It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH right
>>> there in the store.

>> Yes, but it is still second rate. No, third rate. I've been to
>> probably 100+ bakeries over the years that are far superior to the
>> soft stuff at Subway. Want good Italian? go to Veccione, DiNofa,
>> Esposito, or many others. Want real rye or pumpernickel? Widoff's
>> or Sepvula's are my first choices, but there are others.

>I didn't mean to <plonk> nitwit you, Ed, I was referring to that projectile
>moron.

Another typical outhouse express user who can't keep a thread
straight. I noticed when you plonked folks who responded to the troll
you stripped AFB out of all but your reply to Ed's post. Hypocrisy? I
think so. Are you one of the jerks over on ABF who whines about yEnc
also? I quit reading your group years ago because of chest pounding
needle dicks like you. And the same for the picture group you
****-sticks use but more recently. Rather than killing a thread you
don't want to see you chose to puff up and throw your plonks around to
those that responded yet you kiss up to Ed. I like Ed but you're a
fukin cry-baby looser. Whatever you think you are I guarantee you're
not.

Lou
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants
tom tom is offline

"Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
> Another typical outhouse express user who can't keep a thread
> straight. I noticed when you plonked folks who responded to the troll
> you stripped AFB out of all but your reply to Ed's post. Hypocrisy? I
> think so. Are you one of the jerks over on ABF who whines about yEnc
> also? I quit reading your group years ago because of chest pounding
> needle dicks like you. And the same for the picture group you
> ****-sticks use but more recently. Rather than killing a thread you
> don't want to see you chose to puff up and throw your plonks around to
> those that responded yet you kiss up to Ed. I like Ed but you're a
> fukin cry-baby looser. Whatever you think you are I guarantee you're
> not.
>
> Lou

2 many xperts with 2 many soapboxes. It never ends.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

On Dec 31, 12:40*pm, "Nunya Bidnits" <nunyabidn...@eternal-
september.invalid> wrote:
> Ed Pawlowski said:
>

> > Jerry Sauk wrote:
> >> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> om...

> >> It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH right
> >> there in the store.

> > Yes, but it is still second rate. No, third rate. *I've been to
> > probably 100+ bakeries over the years that are far superior to the
> > soft stuff at Subway. *Want good Italian? *go to Veccione, DiNofa,
> > Esposito, or many others. *Want real rye or pumpernickel? *Widoff's
> > or Sepvula's are my first choices, but there are others.

> I didn't mean to <plonk> nitwit you, Ed, I was referring to that projectile
> moron.

Wow, I so care. LOL

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

On Dec 31, 1:43*pm, Lou Decruss > wrote:
> On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 12:40:28 -0600, "Nunya Bidnits"
>

> > wrote:
> >Ed Pawlowski said:

> >> Yes, but it is still second rate. No, third rate. *I've been to
> >> probably 100+ bakeries over the years that are far superior to the
> >> soft stuff at Subway. *Want good Italian? *go to Veccione, DiNofa,
> >> Esposito, or many others. *Want real rye or pumpernickel? *Widoff's
> >> or Sepvula's are my first choices, but there are others.

> >I didn't mean to <plonk> nitwit you, Ed, I was referring to that projectile
> >moron.

> Another typical outhouse express user who can't keep a thread
> straight. *I noticed when you plonked folks who responded to the troll
> you stripped AFB out of all but your reply to Ed's post. Hypocrisy? *I
> think so. *Are you one of the jerks over on ABF who whines about yEnc
> also? *I quit reading your group years ago because of chest pounding
> needle dicks like you. *And the same for the picture * group you
> ****-sticks use but more recently. *Rather than killing a thread you
> don't want to see you chose to puff up and throw your plonks around to
> those that responded yet you kiss up to Ed. *I like Ed but you're a
> fukin cry-baby looser. *Whatever you think you are I guarantee you're
> not.

Right on Lou!
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food

On 31-Dec-2009, "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote:

> Jerry Sauk wrote:
> >>>

> >> Sorry to hear of your culinary shortcomings. I hope that some day
> >> you actually get to eat some real bread.

> > It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH right
> > there in the store.

> Yes, but it is still second rate. No, third rate. I've been to probably
> 100+ bakeries over the years that are far superior to the soft stuff at
> Subway. Want good Italian? go to Veccione, DiNofa, Esposito, or many
> others. Want real rye or pumpernickel? Widoff's or Sepvula's are my
> first
> choices, but there are others.

Howdy Ed. I have one souce only for Italian bread and I don't know where
they get it from. It's brought in daily to the store and it is placed in
wrapper
sleeves after it gets there. (It arrives naked). And to agree with you,
Subway
isn't even close to the Itailian bread that I buy at Cacciaore Bros Mkt.
Nor
can I buy similar bread at any of the big box supermarkets, even those that
bake their own bread.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

"Lou Decruss" > wrote in message
news
> On Thu, 31 Dec 2009 03:04:23 -0500, "Robert"
> > wrote:
>

>>"projectile vomit chick" > wrote in message
>>On Dec 30, 4:28 pm, "Saucer Man" > wrote:
>>> Does anyone know with certainty who is the supplier of Subway's
>>> meatballs?

>>Alpo.
>>
>>That would be Purina not Alpo?
>>
>>Robert

> Either one fits I think. I've had one of those sandwiches and it was
> horrible.
>
> Lou

Purina is the supplier. Alpo is the product.

Robert

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food

Brick wrote:

> Howdy Ed. I have one souce only for Italian bread and I don't know
> where they get it from. It's brought in daily to the store and it is
> placed in wrapper
> sleeves after it gets there. (It arrives naked). And to agree with
> you, Subway
> isn't even close to the Itailian bread that I buy at Cacciaore Bros
> Mkt. Nor
> can I buy similar bread at any of the big box supermarkets, even
> those that bake their own bread.

IMO, i tis worth the extra step or miles to find good bread. Fast food in
this country is rather sad in many cases. Sure, some is tolerable and
MdDonald's fries are a tasty snack at times, but most sandwiches are really
second rate or worse. What saddens me is the fact that people accept this
poor quality as being good. They've never had the quality ingredients and
accept this stuff as normal.

If you travel in Italy, the sandwiches on the Autostrade (turnpike) rest
stops are fantastic. Crusty bread, good meats and cheeses. Last time I ate
a meatball in a US sandwich shop was 45+ years ago. That was from a shop
across from the grocery store that I worked in after school and we supplied
the ground beef for them.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 17:28:14 -0500, "Saucer Man"
> wrote:

>Does anyone know with certainty who is the supplier of Subway's meatballs?

Try Here
http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Recipes/st...1892447&page=1

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 17:28:14 -0500, "Saucer Man"
> > wrote:
>
>> Does anyone know with certainty who is the supplier of Subway's meatballs?

> Try Here

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Recipes/st...1892447&page=1

Too funny...

1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs

1 tablespoon fat-free milk

2½ ounces 96 percent lean ground beef
<snip>

Makes 2 cups, enough for 4 sandwiches

Seems like that's a little bit over a 1/2 oz of meat per sandwich...
hope you're not hungry!

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Saucer Man" > wrote:

> Does anyone know with certainty who is the supplier of Subway's meatballs?

I called and verified. They have their own facilities (commissary)
where the meatballs and the sauce are pre-made. Everything proprietary
to Subway is made corporate in house in their own facilities. Things
like mayo and mustard are wholesaled in.

Mass market efficiency.

jt
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 1-Jan-2010, wrote:

> On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 17:28:14 -0500, "Saucer Man"
> > wrote:
>
> >Does anyone know with certainty who is the supplier of Subway's
> >meatballs?

> Try Here

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Recipes/st...1892447&page=1

So much for wasting my time chasing a link. There is nothing in that link
which points to the source of Subway's meatballs. The link is about
someone's copycat recipe.

--
Brick (Youth is wasted on young people)
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Brick wrote:
> On 1-Jan-2010, wrote:
>
>> On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 17:28:14 -0500, "Saucer Man"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone know with certainty who is the supplier of Subway's
>>> meatballs?

>> Try Here

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Recipes/st...1892447&page=1

> So much for wasting my time chasing a link. There is nothing in that
> link which points to the source of Subway's meatballs. The link is
> about someone's copycat recipe.

Even more intriguing, why would anyone want to copy them????

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 17:28:14 -0500, "Saucer Man"
>> > wrote:
>>
>>> Does anyone know with certainty who is the supplier of Subway's
>>> meatballs?

>> Try Here

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Recipes/st...1892447&page=1

> Too funny...
>
> 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
>
> 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
>
> 2½ ounces 96 percent lean ground beef
> <snip>
>
> Makes 2 cups, enough for 4 sandwiches
>
> Seems like that's a little bit over a 1/2 oz of meat per sandwich... hope
> you're not hungry!
>
> --
> Steve

Their is a second page for the recipe that tells you the ingredients for the
meat is for 1 sandwich.

http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Recipes/st...1892447&page=2

Robert

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Robert wrote:
<snip>

>>> Try Here
>>> http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Recipes/st...1892447&page=1

>> Too funny...
>>
>> 1 tablespoon dry bread crumbs
>>
>> 1 tablespoon fat-free milk
>>
>> 2½ ounces 96 percent lean ground beef
>> <snip>
>>
>> Makes 2 cups, enough for 4 sandwiches
>>
>> Seems like that's a little bit over a 1/2 oz of meat per sandwich... hope
>> you're not hungry!
>>
>> --
>> Steve

> Their is a second page for the recipe that tells you the ingredients for the
> meat is for 1 sandwich.
>
> http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Recipes/st...1892447&page=2
>

> Robert

ok... so 2 1/2 oz of meat per ONE sandwich - I still hope you're not hungry!

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
Steve Calvin > wrote:

> > There is a second page for the recipe that tells you the ingredients for
> > the meat is for 1 sandwich.
> >
> > http://abcnews.go.com/GMA/Recipes/st...1892447&page=2

> ok... so 2 1/2 oz of meat per ONE sandwich - I still hope you're not hungry!

That's what the "fresh baked bread" is for.

jt
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Thank you to all who responded relevantly and helpfully.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Saucer Man wrote:
> Thank you to all who responded relevantly and helpfully.

Well, honestly, what'd you expect? You not only crossposted but you
crossposted and asked about fast food meatballs on a Que group. You
can't get much further apart....

--
Steve
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Steve Calvin wrote:
> Saucer Man wrote:
>> Thank you to all who responded relevantly and helpfully.
>>

> Well, honestly, what'd you expect? You not only crossposted but you
> crossposted and asked about fast food meatballs on a Que group. You
> can't get much further apart....

I can't argue with what someone finds appealing. Heck, the forceps might
have been applied too tight to his head during delivery, affecting the
'taste' centers of the brain. My GAWD, man, look at the things the french
and the japanese eat and call 'tasty'. :-)

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
> Jerry Sauk wrote:
> >>>

> >> Sorry to hear of your culinary shortcomings. I hope that some day
> >> you actually get to eat some real bread.

> > It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH right
> > there in the store.

> Yes, but it is still second rate. No, third rate.

I never said it was first rate. All I said was, to disagree with Ed, is
that it's REAL bread. Which is proved by teh fact they bake it right there
in fron of you.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Jerry Sauk wrote:
> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
>> Jerry Sauk wrote:

>>> It's a WELL-KNOWN fact that Subway bakes there own bread FRESH right
>>> there in the store.

>> Yes, but it is still second rate. No, third rate.

> I never said it was first rate. All I said was, to disagree with Ed,
> is that it's REAL bread. Which is proved by teh fact they bake it
> right there in fron of you.

So, if they baked horse-shit in front of you and called it bread, then that
makes it bread? Bread has a few specific definitions, of which 'they bake it
right there in front of you' is not one.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In article >,
"Jerry Sauk" > wrote:

> I never said it was first rate. All I said was, to disagree with Ed, is
> that it's REAL bread. Which is proved by teh fact they bake it right there
> in fron of you.

Actually, they don't bake it in front of you. They bake it in advance
and then cool it before they serve it to you. If you watched it bake
before you ate it, you would be there a couple hours. Maybe you
consider it worth your time, I don't. And the employees would be
whigged out by you watching all that time, nothing else to do.

jt
Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Jerry Sauk wrote:

> >> Yes, but it is still second rate. No, third rate.

> > I never said it was first rate. All I said was, to disagree with Ed,
> > is that it's REAL bread. Which is proved by teh fact they bake it
> > right there in fron of you.

> So, if they baked horse-shit in front of you and called it bread, then

that
> makes it bread? Bread has a few specific definitions, of which 'they bake

it
> right there in front of you' is not one.
>
> --
> Dave
> What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, see them driven before
> you, and to hear the lamentation of the women." -- Conan

Idiot, baking it in front of you proves it's BREAD and not horse-shit. If
they were baking horse shit, you could SEE that it's shit irregardless what
they call it.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue,alt.food.fast-food,rec.food.restaurants

Jerry Sauk wrote:
> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
>> Jerry Sauk wrote:

>>> I never said it was first rate. All I said was, to disagree with
>>> Ed, is that it's REAL bread. Which is proved by teh fact they bake
>>> it right there in fron of you.

>> So, if they baked horse-shit in front of you and called it bread,
>> then that makes it bread? Bread has a few specific definitions, of
>> which 'they bake it right there in front of you' is not one.
>>
>> --
>> Dave
>> What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, see them driven
>> before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women." -- Conan

> Idiot, baking it in front of you proves it's BREAD and not
> horse-shit. If they were baking horse shit, you could SEE that it's
> shit irregardless what they call it.

Well, thanks for proving my point, Jabba. The shit that they bake in front
of you ISN'T bread, despite what they, or you, wish to call it.

--
Dave