Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default bbq ham

Ok, I've been away from Q for some time, which I won't bore you
with the story. But, I'm dying for some kinda Q! Here's my prob:

I've got a typical store bought 7lb "butt portion ham" (processed with
water yada...), a cheapo Smokey Joe (table-top weber) knock-off, and
can get no better than Kingsford mesquite briquettes (for a king's
ransom!). It's colder than a witch's tit here in the CO Rockies
(0-30F) and I'm tired of baked/stewed/fried fare. When I first got
here a couple yrs ago, a neighbor (long since moved away) bbq'd/smoked
a similar ham on a basic weber. Very smokey, very tasty. I'd
appreciate any advice on how to go about the same thing. Thanks.

nb
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"notbob" > wrote in message
> Ok, I've been away from Q for some time, which I won't bore you
> with the story. But, I'm dying for some kinda Q! Here's my prob:
>
> I've got a typical store bought 7lb "butt portion ham" (processed with
> water yada...), a cheapo Smokey Joe (table-top weber) knock-off, and
> can get no better than Kingsford mesquite briquettes (for a king's
> ransom!). It's colder than a witch's tit here in the CO Rockies
> (0-30F) and I'm tired of baked/stewed/fried fare. When I first got
> here a couple yrs ago, a neighbor (long since moved away) bbq'd/smoked
> a similar ham on a basic weber. Very smokey, very tasty. I'd
> appreciate any advice on how to go about the same thing. Thanks.
>
> nb

The crucial question is doe it say: "Ready to Cook" or "Ready to Eat" on the
label.

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

On 2009-12-30, Kent > wrote:

> The crucial question is doe it say: "Ready to Cook" or "Ready to Eat" on the
> label.

Definitely a cooker.

nb
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kent wrote:

> The crucial question is doe it say: "Ready to Cook" or "Ready to Eat"
> on the label.

The crucial question is: Why are you such a ****?

Providing any information with Kunt hanging around and butting in is folly
at best.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
> Kent wrote:
>
>> The crucial question is doe it say: "Ready to Cook" or "Ready to Eat"
>> on the label.

> The crucial question is: Why are you such a ****?
>
> Providing any information with Kunt hanging around and butting in is folly
> at best.
>
> --
> Dave
> What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, see them driven before
> you, and to hear the lamentation of the women." -- Conan

Answer notbob's query.
You're such a slimey little piece of infected feces.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"notbob" > wrote in message
> On 2009-12-30, Kent > wrote:
>
>> The crucial question is doe it say: "Ready to Cook" or "Ready to Eat" on
>> the
>> label.

> Definitely a cooker.
>
> nb

I'm guessing it's already "smoked", whatever that means. If it's an uncooked
and water added ham you are going to cook inside you place it face down on a
cooking pan. I usually use foil. Put a small amount of water in the pan; put
the ham cut side down in the container; tent everything with foil, and cook
away.. On a grill I place a few coals on either side, along with some wood,
and configure the ham the same way without the foil tenting. I place a small
water pan[s] directly over the coals on either side if there is room. I
think the "ham pan" is important because you don't lose the drippings from
the cut surface and the ham stays moist. The drippings can be used for sauce
or leftovers. I'm really not sure how much you gain by cooking the ham
outside, except that it's outside, so to speak. Maybe it picks up a bit more
smoke.

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nunya Bidnits wrote:
> Dave Bugg said:
>> Kent wrote:
>>
>>> The crucial question is doe it say: "Ready to Cook" or "Ready to
>>> Eat" on the label.

>> The crucial question is: Why are you such a ****?
>>
>> Providing any information with Kunt hanging around and butting in is
>> folly at best.

> So this NG is therefore ruined, and there's no reason for any of us to
> bother with it any more?

Sure. It is tatters and shreds. We are a wasteland of comet debris.

> If you want to let some troll live in your head rent free and ruin
> your enjoyment of the group, that's your business, but most of us
> have other plans.

Now that's a laugh.

> Hint: If you just killfiled Kent, (about the fifteenth time this has
> been suggested to you)

Hmmm. I look at it as fifteen times that you fail to recognize that I am not
taking your suggestion.

> then as far as you knew he wouldn't be butting
> in to anything. Why you still won't do that has become one of life's
> greatest mysteries.

Wow. Your threshold for great mysteries is pretty shallow. There is no
mystery here. What you mean to say is: "I can't figure out why he won't do
what I tell him to do". That's no mystery either, if you think about it.

> And in seldom posting anything other than insults....

snip of B.S.

>... In the case of this thread,
> you've already hijacked it for me by posting an attack on Kent.

So, this is really about you. Please forgive me.

> So don't post about how Kent is ruining threads, because that's sure
> not how it looks on my newsreader.

And here you are, yet again, contributing to another Kent thread writing
about how I won't comply with your wishes.

> Anyone who decides not to answer posts with legitimate answers just
> because there is a troll hanging around might as well give up on
> Usenet completely. I can't imagine anyone here is going to follow
> your implied suggestion though.

I find this deliciously ironic given what you've just posted.

> The killfile is your friend.

The killfile is a tool that is the choice of each individual to employ.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kent wrote:
> "Dave Bugg" > wrote in message
>> Kent wrote:
>>
>>> The crucial question is doe it say: "Ready to Cook" or "Ready to
>>> Eat" on the label.

>> The crucial question is: Why are you such a ****?
>>
>> Providing any information with Kunt hanging around and butting in is
>> folly at best.
>>
>> --
>> Dave
>> What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, see them driven
>> before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women." -- Conan
>>

> Answer notbob's query.

Bwahahahahhaahhahaha

> You're such a slimey little piece of infected feces.

You're a puss-pocketed kettlefart with the mentality of squid's dick.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Nunya Bidnits wrote:
> Dave Bugg said:
>> Nunya Bidnits wrote:

>>> The killfile is your friend.

>> The killfile is a tool that is the choice of each individual to
>> employ.

> And it's high time I did so, and clean up this forum so it's more
> useful and enjoyable.
>
> <plonk>

Damn....it took you long enough.

--
Dave

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Dave Bugg wrote:
> Kent wrote:

>>> The crucial question is: Why are you such a ****?
>>>
>>> Providing any information with Kunt hanging around and butting in is
>>> folly at best.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Dave
>>> What is best in life? "To crush your enemies, see them driven
>>> before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women." -- Conan
>>>

>> Answer notbob's query.

> Bwahahahahhaahhahaha
>
>> You're such a slimey little piece of infected feces.

> You're a puss-pocketed kettlefart with the mentality of squid's dick.

Cartilaginous deficit?