Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Default Reminder: BBQ Pitmasters tomorrow night

Just a reminder that BBQ Pitmasters is on T LC tomorrow twice. The first
episode, at 7:00 PM Pacific is a repeat of the first, where one of the
contestants, Myron, uses the F--k word[bleaped out, of course] more than
anyone in television history. The second tomorrow night Thursday at 10:00 PM
is the next episode in the series.

In the first episode Myron above, one of the five contestants smoked[if you
can uses that word at 350F] his brisket at 350F for only four hours. The
other contestants were up all night at the usual 225-250F. He injected the
meat. His brisket placed 2nd. Do any have thoughts about that? At what temp
do you smoke brisket?

OB the F word: recently we have seen "****ed off" and "screwed up"" passed
by the censors and the advertisers. It's just a matter of time, I think,
until we see "F...ked up" loud. How things change,

Cheers,

El Retardo,

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kent wrote:
> Just a reminder that BBQ Pitmasters is on T LC tomorrow twice. The first
> episode, at 7:00 PM Pacific is a repeat of the first, where one of the
> contestants, Myron, uses the F--k word[bleaped out, of course] more than
> anyone in television history. The second tomorrow night Thursday at 10:00 PM
> is the next episode in the series.
>
> In the first episode Myron above, one of the five contestants smoked[if you
> can uses that word at 350F] his brisket at 350F for only four hours. The
> other contestants were up all night at the usual 225-250F. He injected the
> meat. His brisket placed 2nd. Do any have thoughts about that? At what temp
> do you smoke brisket?
>
> OB the F word: recently we have seen "****ed off" and "screwed up"" passed
> by the censors and the advertisers. It's just a matter of time, I think,
> until we see "F...ked up" loud. How things change,
>
> Cheers,
>
> El Retardo,

I believe that because cable channels are not brodacst over the air,
they are immune from FCC regulations on profanity. While TLC may choose
to censor language, they are not obligated to do so.
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 10:40:35 -0800, Kent wrote:
>
>> OB the F word: recently we have seen "****ed off" and "screwed up""
>> passed
>> by the censors and the advertisers. It's just a matter of time, I think,
>> until we see "F...ked up" loud. How things change,

> "****" (you know this is the Internet and you can say whatever you
> want) is now considered legal on broadcast TV according the FCC. As
> long as it does not refer to the actual act of having intercourse.
>
> So if I were having a debate with you on TV and tell you to, "Go
> **** yourself" then I'm pretty sure that's legal (as you can't have
> intercourse with yourself).
>
>> El Retardo,

> No argument there.
>
> -sw

Regardless of the legality, The F word is not really used on television
today. The advertisers would not allow it. The ad money would go elsewhere.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Kent" > wrote in message

> "Sqwertz" > wrote in message
>> On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 10:40:35 -0800, Kent wrote:
>>
>>> OB the F word: recently we have seen "****ed off" and "screwed
>>> up"" passed
>>> by the censors and the advertisers. It's just a matter of
>>> time, I think,
>>> until we see "F...ked up" loud. How things change,

>> "****" (you know this is the Internet and you can say whatever
>> you
>> want) is now considered legal on broadcast TV according the
>> FCC. As
>> long as it does not refer to the actual act of having
>> intercourse.
>>
>> So if I were having a debate with you on TV and tell you to,
>> "Go
>> **** yourself" then I'm pretty sure that's legal (as you can't
>> have
>> intercourse with yourself).
>>
>>> El Retardo,

>> No argument there.
>>
>> -sw
>>

> Regardless of the legality, The F word is not really used on
> television today. The advertisers would not allow it. The ad
> money would go elsewhere.

I sure as heck am not a shrinking violet-type of person and know
probably most of the swear words used in the English language.
However, I also don't use them in conversation and certainly
wouldn't used them when speaking in public or being filmed. IMHO,
it's a sign of a person with a weak vocabulary or some nasty
tendency to speak like that in public or at home.

My very first boss, after graduation, was one of the most
dignified and poised person I ever met. . . even later in life.
He would never raise his voice in the office or away from the
office, never cussed and had a demeanor more like a person on
television than a real life person. One time, during my early
days working for him he explained that it was a hallmark of an
educated and well to do person to not cuss. Like me, he knew the
words, but chose not to use them. On the very, very rare
occasions when he would get really mad, the work, "Damn" would
slip out and when it did, the effect on the people around him was
tenfold more intense than if he'd cussed like a Navy Chief.

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Kent" > wrote in message
> Just a reminder that BBQ Pitmasters is on T LC tomorrow twice. The first
> episode, at 7:00 PM Pacific is a repeat of the first, where one of the
> contestants, Myron, uses the F--k word[bleaped out, of course] more than
> anyone in television history. The second tomorrow night Thursday at 10:00
> PM is the next episode in the series.

You do know that Myron was coached, and that persona is what the producer
wanted, don't you? Myron isn't like that. You also have to remember that
this was filmed for TV, as entertainment, not as a documentary.

> In the first episode Myron above, one of the five contestants smoked[if
> you can uses that word at 350F] his brisket at 350F for only four hours.
> The

Yes, it does taste smoked. You seem to get hung up on definitions and not
reality. Get out in the world more often. Smell the brisket and pork butt.

> other contestants were up all night at the usual 225-250F. He injected the
> meat. His brisket placed 2nd. Do any have thoughts about that? At what
> temp do you smoke brisket?

He has won many contests doing the same. It works. I cooked next to Jack's
Old South at a contest in Georgia once a few years back. Yes, he taught me
to cook at higher temperatures, and yes, you get a fantastic finished
product. You do have to realize that JOS is cooking on a specially designed
and built Jack's Old South smoker, and you can't expect the same results
from your off-the-shelf, in the big-box-store cookers, and especially not on
one of your gassers.

> OB the F word: recently we have seen "****ed off" and "screwed up"" passed
> by the censors and the advertisers. It's just a matter of time, I think,
> until we see "F...ked up" loud. How things change,
>
> Cheers,
>
> El Retardo,

Squertz is correct, you sure got that right

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Sqwertz" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 9 Dec 2009 14:53:15 -0800, Kent wrote:
>
>> Regardless of the legality, The F word is not really used on television
>> today. The advertisers would not allow it. The ad money would go
>> elsewhere.

> No, you won't hear it on the Charlie Brown Christmas Specials. But
> maybe you've missed the newest generation of movies and video games.
> Times have changed since you were alive.
>
> -sw

That's not what we're talking about little boy. We're talking about
mainstream media; media that hits a large fraction of the populace. I
suppose the F word may occur now and then in a PG rated movie. The point I'm
trying to make is that now you can say "****ed off" at the white house at
dinner, or on ABC, along with "screwed up". You can't say the F word yet. I
think that at some point in the near future we will be hearing the F word on
national news, and at the white house dinner table.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Kent" > wrote in message
> Myron, uses the F--k word[bleaped out, of course] more than anyone in
> television history.

Not even close. Watch any show with Gordon Ramsey. He even has a show
called "F Word"

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Beea" > wrote in message ...

> "Kent" > wrote in message
>> Just a reminder that BBQ Pitmasters is on T LC tomorrow twice. The first
>> episode, at 7:00 PM Pacific is a repeat of the first, where one of the
>> contestants, Myron, uses the F--k word[bleaped out, of course] more than
>> anyone in television history. The second tomorrow night Thursday at 10:00
>> PM is the next episode in the series.

> You do know that Myron was coached, and that persona is what the producer
> wanted, don't you? Myron isn't like that. You also have to remember that
> this was filmed for TV, as entertainment, not as a documentary.

Of course, it's obvious that the show was produced as entertainment.

>> In the first episode Myron above, one of the five contestants smoked[if
>> you can uses that word at 350F] his brisket at 350F for only four hours.
>> The

> Yes, it does taste smoked. You seem to get hung up on definitions and not
> reality. Get out in the world more often. Smell the brisket and pork
> butt.

If you look at the AFB bible of what defines "barbecue, barbeque, or que",
the originators of this NG wanted it to focus on "low and slow". Myron
cooked brisket "hi and fast" and had the same result. That's interesting.
Maybe we go "low and slow" just to have another beer.

>> other contestants were up all night at the usual 225-250F. He injected
>> the meat. His brisket placed 2nd. Do any have thoughts about that? At
>> what temp do you smoke brisket?

> He has won many contests doing the same. It works. I cooked next to
> Jack's Old South at a contest in Georgia once a few years back. Yes, he
> taught me to cook at higher temperatures, and yes, you get a fantastic
> finished product. You do have to realize that JOS is cooking on a
> specially designed and built Jack's Old South smoker, and you can't expect
> the same results from your off-the-shelf, in the big-box-store cookers,
> and especially not on one of your gassers.

You need to understand thermodynamics. Jack's "Old South Smoker" can't do
anything a well insulated oven won't do, other than the effect charcoal and
wood gives it, and as long as you can control the air inflow and outflow.

BTW, I'm not a gasser. I don't cook with gas unless it's raining.

>> OB the F word: recently we have seen "****ed off" and "screwed up""
>> passed by the censors and the advertisers. It's just a matter of time, I
>> think, until we see "F...ked up" loud. How things change,
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> El Retardo,

> Squertz is correct, you sure got that right

It's nice to communicate with a fellow "Retardo".

Kent

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Nunya Bidnits" > wrote in
message ...

> I'm not that reserved, but I am aware of a point that is
> contained in your
> remarks, which is that when you don't make a habit of constantly
> using edgy
> language, then when you do resort to it for emphasis or
> reference, it's far
> more likely to have the effect you intended.
>
> MartyB

Well said, Marty. BTW, you probably either know the fellow, or at
least know or are familiar with his family.

--
Nonny

and articulate person who has absolutely no clue
concerning what they are talking about.
The person is typically a media commentator or politician.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message

> "Kent" > wrote in message
>> Myron, uses the F--k word[bleaped out, of course] more than anyone in
>> television history.

> Not even close. Watch any show with Gordon Ramsey. He even has a show
> called "F Word"

Ed, watch the show. Mark the time when Myron is on and count the # of F's
coming from him. I don't think anyone has ever managed to get that many out
in that short time period.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

snip

Times have changed since you were alive.

>-sw

LMAO!

Gene

http://www.nowyourcooking.net/

"If people let government decide
what foods they eat and what medicines
they take, their bodies will soon be
in as sorry a state as are the souls of
those who live under tyranny"

"Thomas Jefferson"
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

"Kent" > wrote in message

> "Ed Pawlowski" > wrote in message
>>
>> "Kent" > wrote in message
>>> Myron, uses the F--k word[bleaped out, of course] more than anyone in
>>> television history.

>> Not even close. Watch any show with Gordon Ramsey. He even has a show
>> called "F Word"
>>

> Ed, watch the show. Mark the time when Myron is on and count the # of F's
> coming from him. I don't think anyone has ever managed to get that many
> out in that short time period.

I watched the show. As I said, watch an episode of Hell's Kitchen. Ramsey
is double, if not triple the F word.

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Kent wrote:

>> Yes, it does taste smoked. You seem to get hung up on definitions
>> and not reality. Get out in the world more often. Smell the
>> brisket and pork butt.

> If you look at the AFB bible of what defines "barbecue, barbeque, or
> que", the originators of this NG wanted it to focus on "low and
> slow". Myron cooked brisket "hi and fast" and had the same result.
> That's interesting. Maybe we go "low and slow" just to have another
> beer.

I would really appreciate that
--
Vilco
Think pink, drink rosè

Posted to alt.food.barbecue

In the ads for the show they show a guy who is ****ed cuz a younger
guy 'stole' his idea of using a muffin pan for...something. What was
he wrapping around what in that ad? Has anyone seen it? We've been to
a couple of competitions and I've not seen anything that looked like
that.
Nan
Posted to alt.food.barbecue

Thanks Marty. It looked like chicken skin he was tucking in around the
item. I'm sure you're correct.
Nan

Tomorrow night Dimitri General Cooking 5 15-03-2010 05:23 PM
FYI: Reminder: Free Friendly's Ice Cream Tomorrow. Andy[_15_] General Cooking 0 05-06-2009 12:48 PM
Chow Tomorrow Night The Bubbo General Cooking 0 24-12-2005 06:31 PM
Big Dinner Tomorrow Night ~patches~ General Cooking 1 15-10-2005 07:01 AM
dinner tonight, and last night, and the night before, and tomorrow night. . . Kate Connally General Cooking 1 12-04-2005 11:00 PM