Matthew L. Martin

Steve Calvin wrote:

> Thanks to both of ya. I doubt if I would be able to find the A.
> Provenance around here but I'll look. I do share my 25 yo Chevis with
> select friends but the "field" will be greatly reduced if I find the
> Provenance. If I find it, I'm gonna get some and try it though!
>
> Thanks again. I have to go on a quest to find it now... (thanks a lot
> guys, like I don't have enough to do... ;-) )

Graeme suggested I try Ardbeg while I was in Scotland. Somehow that
never happened. I did see it in the Glasgow airport, but I couldn't get
it duty free because I was going to Dublin, not the USA. It wasn't
available in the Dublin airport, so I had to settle for some old Irish
whiskey.

Matthew (Ardbeg is cheaper in the states than it is in Scotland)

You can't win
You can't break even
You can't get out of the game

Steve Calvin

Matthew L. Martin wrote:

> Steve Calvin wrote:
>

>> Thanks to both of ya. I doubt if I would be able to find the A.
>> Provenance around here but I'll look. I do share my 25 yo Chevis with
>> select friends but the "field" will be greatly reduced if I find the
>> Provenance. If I find it, I'm gonna get some and try it though!
>>
>> Thanks again. I have to go on a quest to find it now... (thanks a lot
>> guys, like I don't have enough to do... ;-) )
>>

> Graeme suggested I try Ardbeg while I was in Scotland. Somehow that
> never happened. I did see it in the Glasgow airport, but I couldn't get
> it duty free because I was going to Dublin, not the USA. It wasn't
> available in the Dublin airport, so I had to settle for some old Irish
> whiskey.
>
> Matthew (Ardbeg is cheaper in the states than it is in Scotland)

I've been pokin' around and the cheapest I've seen the Provenance for
(mail order) is around $550 for 750ml.

Nick said he saw it for 300+ but I don't know where. I did send Nick a
email asking though. If I can find it for that I may get it to try
but given your post I'm not holding out a lot of hope.

If I can scrounge up a bottle you can bet I won't put it out at one of
our parties! ;-)

--
Steve

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

Jack Sloan

"Matthew L. Martin" > wrote in message news:1098403736.
so I had to settle for some old Irish
> whiskey.
>
> Matthew

And That will keep you from freezin' to death while you're quail huntin' in
December.
Jack

Steve Calvin > wrote:
>[]
> I've been pokin' around and the cheapest I've seen the Provenance for
> (mail order) is around $550 for 750ml.
>
> Nick said he saw it for 300+ but I don't know where. I did send Nick a
> email asking though. If I can find it for that I may get it to try
> but given your post I'm not holding out a lot of hope.

Steve, I answered your e-mail. $384. Even with shipping, it should come in
well under that $550.

--
Intuitive insights from Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley

Vote Freedom First, but if ya don't vote, don't complain!

Wenatchee WA Eddie Barbecue 20 18-12-2009 06:39 PM
Dave B.: Q in Cashmere, WA. . near Wenatchee Pierre[_1_] Barbecue 3 05-10-2008 04:47 PM
Update from Dave in Wenatchee.... Chef Juke Barbecue 24 21-11-2004 09:34 PM
Ah to be in Wenatchee today! JakBQuik Barbecue 24 26-10-2004 07:30 PM
OT - Confirmed Travel To Wenatchee M&M Barbecue 47 25-08-2004 03:42 PM