shane

Default Need a NG grill - Grand Turbo rec's?

I'm going to build a foundation and walls w/ concrete block (Columbus,
Ohio, USA) and would like to set a grill in it.

I went to the local Lowe's and Home Depot - wasn't impressed with their
grills. Also tried a store called "The Great Outdoors". Disappointed there
too.

I found the "Grand Turbo" grill online, and the more I keep surfing
looking for grills, the more I keep coming back to it.

http://www.bbqgalore.com/store/item.bbq?invky=2808649

Do any of you have any good/bad experiences with the Grand Turbo line that
you could share?

At first I was thinking that I should not purchase a grill mailorder -
after all, it's a grill, and what if something goes wrong with it in a
year or two. It's not like I could go to the local sears and get part(s).
However, the grill that we have now, that I got out someone's trash at the
end of my college career - it still works, and it's been 8 years, so who
knows.

Obviously I'm looking to seriously upgrade our cooking capabilities

Any advice appreciated.

Thanks,
Shane

Liquor

shane wrote:
> I'm going to build a foundation and walls w/ concrete block (Columbus,
> Ohio, USA) and would like to set a grill in it.
>
> I went to the local Lowe's and Home Depot - wasn't impressed with their
> grills. Also tried a store called "The Great Outdoors". Disappointed there
> too.
>
> I found the "Grand Turbo" grill online, and the more I keep surfing
> looking for grills, the more I keep coming back to it.
>
> http://www.bbqgalore.com/store/item.bbq?invky=2808649
>
> Do any of you have any good/bad experiences with the Grand Turbo line that
> you could share?
>
> At first I was thinking that I should not purchase a grill mailorder -
> after all, it's a grill, and what if something goes wrong with it in a
> year or two. It's not like I could go to the local sears and get part(s).
> However, the grill that we have now, that I got out someone's trash at the
> end of my college career - it still works, and it's been 8 years, so who
> knows.
>
> Obviously I'm looking to seriously upgrade our cooking capabilities
>
> Any advice appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
> Shane

Can't really help you because I don't use gas, BUTT:
http://www.bbqgalore.com/retail/
There just MIGHT be a Barbecues Galore near you.

Good Luck!

Liquor

shane > wrote:
> []
> I found the "Grand Turbo" grill online, and the more I keep surfing
> looking for grills, the more I keep coming back to it.
>
> http://www.bbqgalore.com/store/item.bbq?invky=2808649
>[]

Didja check for a BBQ Galore near you? We have three of them out here,
listed in the White Pages under'Barbeques Galore'! For that kind of $$$,
I'd wanna acshully handle one before deciding. Aside from being a gasser,
I'd be concerned about the 'ceramic tiles' inside. When I was getting
started, I had a unit (Sunbeam?) with 'lava rocks' inside. They turned out
to be grease sponges. Good luck.

--
Intuitive insights from Nick, Retired in the San Fernando Valley

Vote Freedom First, but if ya don't vote, don't complain!
midocr

Where is the "Great Outdoors" store located in Columbus (I'm from
Springfield)? What type of products do they have?
--
See ya,
Mike

"It is never too late to become what you might have been." - George Eliot

shane

On Sun, 17 Oct 2004 03:00:36 +0000, midocr wrote:

> Where is the "Great Outdoors" store located in Columbus (I'm from
> Springfield)? What type of products do they have?

Polaris mall. It's on 71, north of columbus, either in or just-south-of
Delaware. Take the 270 outerbelt to 71N and I think it's that first exit.

They have electronics, appliances, gadgets, all sorts of stuff that if you
hit the lottery you could go crazy buying.Both indoor and outdoor stuff.

A few years ago when the store first openned up, they had a huge selection
of outdoor grills.

They didn't when I went there a few weeks ago. I only go there about
once/year. So I don't know if they just don't carry grills too much
anymore or if this was the end of their season and they're mostly soldout.

Shane

Max & T's Bar & Grill in Grand Lake Colorado Bad Reviews [email protected] Restaurants 0 03-09-2012 02:20 PM
Max & T's Bar an Grill in Grand Lake Colorado Hepatitus A [email protected] Restaurants 0 03-09-2012 02:17 PM
Turbo Yeast Lou[_1_] Winemaking 2 10-10-2008 05:48 AM
6B Grand Turbo and roasting a joint of lamb It's arse not ass Barbecue 2 18-11-2006 04:42 AM
Turbo Yeast Dick Adams Winemaking 5 18-12-2004 06:08 AM