Alan S

Default Is This Crazy?

I use one of those Brinkman smokers that work just fine but are made of
thinner metal than I would like so I have to tend the fire a fair amount
which makes over nighters a pain. Can I wrap the fire box in fiberglass? Man
that would look terrible. They'd be calling me an urban hillbilly, but would
it work? Any other ideas? (Please refrain from advising me to go buy a $1000
smoker, it's a nice idea but it's not gonna happen any time soon)

Thanks!

- A -

Edwin Pawlowski

"Alan S" > wrote in message
>I use one of those Brinkman smokers that work just fine but are made of
> thinner metal than I would like so I have to tend the fire a fair amount
> which makes over nighters a pain. Can I wrap the fire box in fiberglass?
> Man
> that would look terrible.

It is done all the time. Not just the firebox, but the entire smoker. All
cotton moving blankets are sometimes used on the cooler cooking section but
not on the firebox.

bbq

Alan S wrote:
> I use one of those Brinkman smokers that work just fine but are made of
> thinner metal than I would like so I have to tend the fire a fair amount
> which makes over nighters a pain. Can I wrap the fire box in fiberglass? Man
> that would look terrible. They'd be calling me an urban hillbilly, but would
> it work? Any other ideas? (Please refrain from advising me to go buy a $1000
> smoker, it's a nice idea but it's not gonna happen any time soon)

I have heard there is available a smoker jacket. Never seen one and not
sure of size. All bullet type smokers that I have seen are very close to
the same size in diameter so hopefully if you find one it is pretty
universal. I would imagine that it is sorta like a sleeping bag.

BBQ

BurbankTony

"Alan S" > wrote in message >...
> I use one of those Brinkman smokers that work just fine but are made of
> thinner metal than I would like so I have to tend the fire a fair amount
> which makes over nighters a pain. Can I wrap the fire box in fiberglass? Man
> that would look terrible. They'd be calling me an urban hillbilly, but would
> it work? Any other ideas? (Please refrain from advising me to go buy a $1000
> smoker, it's a nice idea but it's not gonna happen any time soon)
>
> Thanks!
>
> - A -

Check this site out to see how to deal with cold and wind.

http://www.virtualweberbullet.com/coldtemp.html

Burbank Tony

I am in shape. Round is a shape.
Xanath

Please keep us updated on what you find.
I don't enjoy the nights when im smoking either.
I also have the brinkmann smoke and pit.

Would adding fire brick or thick pieces of steel in the smoking chamber help
keep the temperature more constant?
It wouldnt do any good in the fire box would it???

Alan S

Yes folks, I am a top poster. I would think that anything added to the fire
box would only function as a sink but I could be wrong here and if anyone
knows of a something that can be thrown in a fire box to make it burn longer
please do tell. I have been thinking this one out and I (barring a better
solution coming along) have decided to hillbilly it with a fat layer of
fiberglass held down with hardware cloth (this thing is going to be a
masterpiece I am sure, maybe I should store on the side of the yard that has
the unpleasant neighbor. Hmmm, come to think of it, I wonder if bright
flourescent orange paint would make my smoker stink). Anyway, at the moment
I am trying to figure out how to seal it so the fiberglass won't be exposed
to the weather (and no, I refuse to use spackle). I had tremendous success
the other night by smoking my brisket with pecan for a couple of hours,
sealing it up in foil and then putting a giant pecan log in the firebox for
the night. The next morning it had only dropped off to 180. I removed the
brisket, stoked the fire box back up with oak and then smoked it for a few
more hours. Best brisket so far. I used the lonestar rub. The country style
pork ribs were excellent as well for those:

brush them down with mustard
sprinkle black pepper all over them
smoke for 2 hours
cover them with your favorite sauce and wrap them in foil
cook at 250 for some more hours
unwrap them and smoke them another 20 minutes to dry off excess sauce and
meat juices

- A -

"Xanath" > wrote in message
> Please keep us updated on what you find.
> I don't enjoy the nights when im smoking either.
> I also have the brinkmann smoke and pit.
>
> Would adding fire brick or thick pieces of steel in the smoking chamber

help
> keep the temperature more constant?
> It wouldnt do any good in the fire box would it???

Alan S

"Xanath" > wrote in message
> Please keep us updated on what you find.
> I don't enjoy the nights when im smoking either.
> I also have the brinkmann smoke and pit.
>
> Would adding fire brick or thick pieces of steel in the smoking chamber

help
> keep the temperature more constant?
> It wouldnt do any good in the fire box would it???

Steve Calvin

Alan S wrote:
> Yes folks, I am a top poster. I would think that anything added to the fire

Then in all probability you won't be read much here.

--
Steve

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.

Jack Curry

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> Alan S wrote:
>> Yes folks, I am a top poster. I would think that anything added to the
>> fire

> Then in all probability you won't be read much here.

Not by me, either.

Jack Curry
-no time for foolish and uncooperative people-

Default User

Alan S wrote:

> Yes folks, I am a top poster.

Please don't. It is against the expressed wishes of the majority of the
group. Some of us will killfile you if you persist. Others will mock
you and ignore what you have to say.

Brian

Kevin S. Wilson

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:31:50 -0500, "Alan S" > wrote:

>Yes folks, I am a top poster.

Fascinating. And that's all I read of your post.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
Kevin S. Wilson

On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:31:50 -0500, "Alan S" > wrote:

>Yes folks, I am a top poster.

PS: You misspelled "rude ass."

HTH. HAND.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology
Dan Krueger

Report him to his ISP. Mine must be running your complaint through their legal
department. Maybe they sent a copy to the FL states attorney for review as
well. I should hear from them soon since it has been over a month now. I am
addressing postcards to my friends with my new email address as I write this.

Keep on trollin'

Kevin S. Wilson wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:31:50 -0500, "Alan S" > wrote:
>

>>Yes folks, I am a top poster.

> PS: You misspelled "rude ass."
>
> HTH. HAND.

cl

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:31:50 -0500, "Alan S" > wrote:
>
> >Yes folks, I am a top poster.

> PS: You misspelled "rude ass."
>
> HTH. HAND.

Are you really a black chick? You give the HAND a bunch, probably with that
neck swagger too...biach

-CAL

Kevin S. Wilson

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 02:33:26 GMT, "cl" > wrote:

>"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 16:31:50 -0500, "Alan S" > wrote:
>>
>> >Yes folks, I am a top poster.

>> PS: You misspelled "rude ass."
>>
>> HTH. HAND.
>>

>Are you really a black chick?

As a matter of fact, I do happen to be black. What's that got to do
with anything?

> You give the HAND a bunch, probably with that
>neck swagger too...biach

New to Usenet, huh?

I imagine you puzzled over the first acronym for a few minutes, and
because it didn't spell out a one-syllable word you'd seen before, you
probably shrugged your shoulders, scratched your empty head, and
concluded that it must contain a typo. Then you POUNCED on the one
word you did recognize and frantically scratched out what you think
passes for a flame. Unfortunately, that second string of letters is
also an acronym, and not a word.

Sad, really. If you weren't so eager to demonstrate your razor-sharp
wit and intellectual superiority, you might not have looked quite so
foolish in public.

I hear there are these things called "search engines" that you can use
to find out the meaning of acronyms. Just "click" on one with your
electronic "mouse."

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology

Kevin S. Wilson

On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 00:24:05 GMT, Dan Krueger
> wrote:

>Report him to his ISP. Mine must be running your complaint through their legal
>department. Maybe they sent a copy to the FL states attorney for review as
>well. I should hear from them soon since it has been over a month now. I am
>addressing postcards to my friends with my new email address as I write this.

Another rude ass emerges to jump eagerly into killfiles. Thank you for
your cooperation. Please drive through.

>Keep on trollin'

You don't know what that word means, do you? But you've seen the other
cool kids use it on the USENET (tm), so you thought you'd throw it out
here, too.

Stop trying so hard. We'll let you know when a seat at the cool table
opens up.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology
Kevin S. Wilson

Dan Krueger wrote:

> Report him to his ISP. Mine must be running your complaint through
> their legal department. Maybe they sent a copy to the FL states
> attorney for review as well. I should hear from them soon since it
> has been over a month now. I am addressing postcards to my friends
> with my new email address as I write this.

This one's easy. You're plonked.

Brian Trump

cl

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 02:33:26 GMT, "cl" > wrote:
>

> >"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> .. .

> >> PS: You misspelled "rude ass."
> >>
> >> HTH. HAND.
> >>

> >Are you really a black chick?

> As a matter of fact, I do happen to be black. What's that got to do
> with anything?
>
> > You give the HAND a bunch, probably with that
> >neck swagger too...biach

...cut

> Sad, really. If you weren't so eager to demonstrate your razor-sharp
> wit and intellectual superiority, you might not have looked quite so
> foolish in public.

If you weren't so damn paranoid you might have enjoyed the humor. sheesh I
guess you are locked in a room too much to realize things that aren't always
to be taken literally. A technical writer without a sense of humor, imagine
that...hmmm (hint that is a joke)
-CAL

If

cl

"Default User" > wrote in message
> Dan Krueger wrote:
>
> > Report him to his ISP. Mine must be running your complaint through
> > their legal department. Maybe they sent a copy to the FL states
> > attorney for review as well. I should hear from them soon since it
> > has been over a month now. I am addressing postcards to my friends
> > with my new email address as I write this.

> This one's easy. You're plonked.

Once again a delusional thinking anyone cares that their post are read by
him, so he enlists the killfill.

-CAL

Kevin S. Wilson

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 02:28:19 GMT, "cl" > wrote:

>"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
.. .
>> On Thu, 30 Sep 2004 02:33:26 GMT, "cl" > wrote:
>>

>> >"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
>> .. .

>> >Are you really a black chick?

>> As a matter of fact, I do happen to be black. What's that got to do
>> with anything?
>>
>> > You give the HAND a bunch, probably with that
>> >neck swagger too...biach

>..cut
>

>> Sad, really. If you weren't so eager to demonstrate your razor-sharp
>> wit and intellectual superiority, you might not have looked quite so
>> foolish in public.

>If you weren't so damn paranoid you might have enjoyed the humor.

Humor? Oh, I see. You meant to do it.

You snipped the part where I pointed out that you didn't understand
the acronym, nor recognize it as an acronym. That's understandable.
You wouldn't want to look foolish in public a third time.

> sheesh I
>guess you are locked in a room too much to realize things that aren't always
>to be taken literally.

Close enough to "Get a Life" to check off one square on the Flamer
Cliche Bingo Card. Got any more?

> A technical writer without a sense of humor, imagine
>that...hmmm (hint that is a joke)

Son, if you have to point out that what you've written is a joke, then
it probably isn't.

BTW, why do you insist on making a big deal out of the fact that I
happen to be black?

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a university somewhere in Idaho
"When you can't do something completely impractical and intrinsically
useless *yourself*, you go get the Kibologists to do it for you." --J. Furr
Kevin S. Wilson

On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 02:30:51 GMT, "cl" > wrote:

>"Default User" > wrote in message
>> Dan Krueger wrote:
>>
>> > Report him to his ISP. Mine must be running your complaint through
>> > their legal department. Maybe they sent a copy to the FL states
>> > attorney for review as well. I should hear from them soon since it
>> > has been over a month now. I am addressing postcards to my friends
>> > with my new email address as I write this.

>> This one's easy. You're plonked.

>Once again a delusional thinking anyone cares that their post are read by
>him, so he enlists the killfill.

Proper use of pronouns isn't your strong suit, is it? What's your
first language?

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a university somewhere in Idaho
"When you can't do something completely impractical and intrinsically
useless *yourself*, you go get the Kibologists to do it for you." --J. Furr
cl

wrote:

> >> As a matter of fact, I do happen to be black. What's that got to do
> >> with anything?

> Son, if you have to point out that what you've written is a joke, then
> it probably isn't.

Nope, your just a sensitive prick with a severed humor nerve. IE: your a wee
bit slow

> BTW, why do you insist on making a big deal out of the fact that I
> happen to be black?

Are you a chick too because I asked if you were a black chick?

Why do so many blacks make an issue of race when it only behooves their own
gain? I had no clue as to your whiney ass's heritage until you told me. We
live in an fing world where it is fine for blacks to go white faced but amos
and any is just plain wrong. There has never been a black comedian to make
fun of whites has there? You can bite my ass because I've had quite a few
black friends.

cl

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Sat, 02 Oct 2004 02:30:51 GMT, "cl" > wrote:
> >Once again a delusional thinking anyone cares that their post are read

by
> >him, so he enlists the killfill.
> >

> Proper use of pronouns isn't your strong suit, is it? What's your
> first language?

Ebonics.

You apparently don't transcribe many medical documents.

-CAL

Kevin S. Wilson

On Mon, 04 Oct 2004 02:36:48 GMT, "cl" > wrote:

>You apparently don't transcribe many medical documents.

<snicker> No, son, I do not. Do you?

If so, you have my condolences. Try a college education. I hear it can
increase the number of career opportunities available to you.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
"Anything, when cooked in large enough batches, will be vile."
--Dag Right-square-bracket-gren, in alt.religion.kibology

has Lucas gone crazy? Paul Scarlet General Cooking 1 02-12-2008 01:10 AM
This is crazy :D [email protected] General Cooking 0 01-05-2008 12:02 AM
They must be mad or Crazy [email protected] General Cooking 2 04-05-2007 09:09 PM
Am I crazy? Stark General Cooking 6 14-05-2005 12:33 AM
Crazy rubs, what have you tried? Michael C. Neel Barbecue 5 28-06-2004 03:43 AM