Kevin Craig

Default Big hit tonight. :-)

Mrs. Craig picked up a big salmon fillet on sale, and I tried brining
for the first time (1 quart water, 1/4 cup kosher salt, 1/3 cup sugar,
big tablespoon+ of roasted garlic pepper).

Four hours at 250F on my offset NB, and it turned out nice and firm,
yet forkable. Not dry at all. Served with wild rice, and steamed
asparagus with hollandais sauce (my first attempt at true hollandais,
too).

Everyone pretty much swooned -- and I have to admit, it was pretty
darned good. Even the toddler kept grabbing handsfull of fish.

Yet another learning point, and in a good way. :-)

Kevin