Dan Overes

Default Canadians Won't Be Able To Buy Pork Butts In The New Year

<http://www.thepigsite.com/LatestNews/Default.asp?AREA=LatestNews&Display=7972>

Starting January 1, 2005 we Canadians will be changing the name of "pork
butt" to "shoulder blade". Apparently the same people who don't
understand the difference between BBQ and grilling also don't understand
that a butt does not come from the rear end of the pig.

"Shoulder blade" doesn't have the same ring to it, so against my
government's wishes, I will continue to cook pork butts long after the
end of this year. You would think they would be working to minimize the
region differences in meat naming rather than adding more confusion --
now we Canadians will really have no idea what you Americans are talking
about when it comes to meat cuts.

<sigh>

Dan Overes wrote:

<http://www.thepigsite.com/LatestNews/Default.asp?AREA=LatestNews&Display=7972>

> Starting January 1, 2005 we Canadians will be changing the name of

"pork
> butt" to "shoulder blade". Apparently the same people who don't
> understand the difference between BBQ and grilling also don't

understand
> that a butt does not come from the rear end of the pig.

Wow, I better stock up before the New Year, I'm gonna miss cooking up
butts.

Cam

Dan Overes wrote:

<http://www.thepigsite.com/LatestNews/Default.asp?AREA=LatestNews&Display=7972>

> Starting January 1, 2005 we Canadians will be changing the name of

"pork
> butt" to "shoulder blade". Apparently the same people who don't
> understand the difference between BBQ and grilling also don't

understand
> that a butt does not come from the rear end of the pig.

Wow, I better stock up before the New Year, I'm gonna miss cooking up
butts.

Cam

John O

> > Wow, I better stock up before the New Year, I'm gonna miss cooking up
> butts.

And the next thing you know, you'll be crossing the border to get them. Then
only outlaws will have butts, eh?

-John O
Butt Border Guard

John O

> > Wow, I better stock up before the New Year, I'm gonna miss cooking up
> butts.

And the next thing you know, you'll be crossing the border to get them. Then
only outlaws will have butts, eh?

-John O
Butt Border Guard

Bubba Unix Dude

> A new survey will soon be released wherein 70% of Canadians will blame
> George Bush for the change.

too funny!

Bubba Unix Dude

> A new survey will soon be released wherein 70% of Canadians will blame
> George Bush for the change.

too funny!

Patrik Henriksson

> wrote in message
> Maybe you could start a National Slogan Campaign. "Get Your
> Butt Out of Canada!" has a nice ring to it.

How about "hands off my butt" ?
--

-----
Patrik 'Putte' Henriksson