FoodBanter.com

-   -   Different ways to use leftover pulled pork? (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/33957-different-ways-use-leftover.html)

Duwop 07-09-2004 07:47 PM

Different ways to use leftover pulled pork?

Bet many of us have a few pounds left over this week. I've gotten a bit
bored with sandwiches, burritos and tacos though, anyone have any
interesting ways to use left over pulled pork?

TIA

Dale

Randolph M. Jones 07-09-2004 07:59 PM

Duwop wrote:
> Bet many of us have a few pounds left over this week. I've gotten a bit
> bored with sandwiches, burritos and tacos though, anyone have any
> interesting ways to use left over pulled pork?

Split pea soup. Yum.

Randolph M. Jones 07-09-2004 07:59 PM

Anon 07-09-2004 08:05 PM

> Bet many of us have a few pounds left over this week. I've gotten a
> bit bored with sandwiches, burritos and tacos though, anyone have any
> interesting ways to use left over pulled pork?

Chili. Mmmmmm. Big hit around our house.

Anon 07-09-2004 08:05 PM

Matthew Brown 07-09-2004 08:16 PM

"Duwop" > wrote in message
> Bet many of us have a few pounds left over this week. I've gotten a bit
> bored with sandwiches, burritos and tacos though, anyone have any
> interesting ways to use left over pulled pork?
>
> TIA
>
> Dale
> --

Pizza

You could even make a Barbecue Pizza with BBQ sauce instead of Tomato Sauce,
but if you are sick of Barbecue Sauce-- Just a regular Pizza with Pork,
Mushrooms, Onions, etc. would make my mouth water--- as a matter of fact it
is

Matthew Brown
Memphis

Matthew Brown 07-09-2004 08:16 PM

Kevin S. Wilson 07-09-2004 08:46 PM

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:47:03 -0700, "Duwop" > wrote:

>Bet many of us have a few pounds left over this week. I've gotten a bit
>bored with sandwiches, burritos and tacos though, anyone have any
>interesting ways to use left over pulled pork?

Louis Cohen makes raviolli with it.

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho

Kevin S. Wilson 07-09-2004 08:46 PM

Frndthdevl 07-09-2004 09:28 PM

>From: "Duwop"

>. I've gotten a bit
>bored with sandwiches, burritos and tacos though, anyone have any
>interesting ways to use left over pulled pork?

omelettes

Frndthdevl 07-09-2004 09:28 PM

Nathan Lau 07-09-2004 09:28 PM

Matthew Brown wrote:

> "Duwop" > wrote in message
>
>>Bet many of us have a few pounds left over this week. I've gotten a bit
>>bored with sandwiches, burritos and tacos though, anyone have any
>>interesting ways to use left over pulled pork?

> Pizza
>
> You could even make a Barbecue Pizza with BBQ sauce instead of Tomato Sauce,
> but if you are sick of Barbecue Sauce-- Just a regular Pizza with Pork,
> Mushrooms, Onions, etc. would make my mouth water--- as a matter of fact it
> is

I had the same thought. Also, boil some cabbage and throw in some of
that pulled pork - kalua pig and cabbage. Mmmmmmm.

I wonder how it would taste with some plain white rice porridge (jook).

--
Aloha,

Nathan Lau
San Jose, CA

#include <std.disclaimer>

Foxey 07-09-2004 09:31 PM

Put a handful in a zip lock bag along with some of your barbeque sauce,
squish together to mix & put between a hamburger bun & enjoy.

Foxey 07-09-2004 09:31 PM

BOB 07-09-2004 10:20 PM

Duwop wrote:
> Bet many of us have a few pounds left over this week. I've gotten a bit
> bored with sandwiches, burritos and tacos though, anyone have any
> interesting ways to use left over pulled pork?
>
> TIA
>
> Dale
> --

After reading all the other responses, about the only idea I can come up with
is...plain, with a fork.

BOB

BOB 07-09-2004 10:20 PM

BOB 07-09-2004 10:20 PM

BurbankTony 07-09-2004 11:35 PM

"Duwop" > wrote in message >...
> Bet many of us have a few pounds left over this week. I've gotten a bit
> bored with sandwiches, burritos and tacos though, anyone have any
> interesting ways to use left over pulled pork?
>
> TIA
>
> Dale

When I have my next bbq, I take the leftover pulled pork and mix it in
with some baked beans and put the dish in the smoker with what I'm
smoking.

Burbank Tony

I am in shape. Round is a shape.

BurbankTony 07-09-2004 11:35 PM

Jeanine Hoffman 08-09-2004 12:24 AM

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:47:03 -0700, "Duwop" > wrote:

>Bet many of us have a few pounds left over this week. I've gotten a bit
>bored with sandwiches, burritos and tacos though, anyone have any
>interesting ways to use left over pulled pork?
>
>TIA
>
>Dale

Omlets, casseroles of various kinds, pasta sauce, frittata, soup....ok
I'm out of stuff. I tend to freeze and either give it away or use it
for quick meals once in a while.

Jeanine Hoffman 08-09-2004 12:24 AM

just joe 08-09-2004 12:35 AM

> Split pea soup. Yum.

um, ah, split pea soup, um ah.
swmbo told me she hated split pea soup. good for her, no sharing on my part.
then she tasted MY sps. "hey, this isn't like the sps that they served us in
the grade school cafeteria" damn straight it's not. now she thinks that she
has rights to it....................

still too hot to be thinking about soups and chili, but sps is on my
mind......

joe
psg, ak

just joe 08-09-2004 12:35 AM

Jeff Russell 08-09-2004 01:11 AM

Make a soup with it and some greens.

Jeff Russell 08-09-2004 01:11 AM

Mike Miruski 08-09-2004 01:46 AM

On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:47:03 -0700, "Duwop" > wrote:

>Bet many of us have a few pounds left over this week. I've gotten a bit
>bored with sandwiches, burritos and tacos though, anyone have any
>interesting ways to use left over pulled pork?
>
>TIA
>
>Dale

Just watched some Bobby Flay on FoodTV; subject was BBQ.

There were a couple of interesting dishes from restaurants in Austin,
TX and Memphis.

One was for nachos with pulled pork. The other for spagetti with
pulled pork and BBQ sauce.

You might find something about them on foodtv.com (which I doubt) or
you can just experiment.

Mike Miruski 08-09-2004 01:46 AM

kilikini 08-09-2004 02:24 AM

"Randolph M. Jones" > wrote in message
> Duwop wrote:
> > Bet many of us have a few pounds left over this week. I've gotten a bit
> > bored with sandwiches, burritos and tacos though, anyone have any
> > interesting ways to use left over pulled pork?

> Split pea soup. Yum.

Oooh, I like that idea.

kili

kilikini 08-09-2004 02:24 AM

"Randolph M. Jones" > wrote in message
> Duwop wrote:
> > Bet many of us have a few pounds left over this week. I've gotten a bit
> > bored with sandwiches, burritos and tacos though, anyone have any
> > interesting ways to use left over pulled pork?

> Split pea soup. Yum.

Oooh, I like that idea.

kili

kilikini 08-09-2004 02:27 AM

"Matthew Brown" > wrote in message

> "Duwop" > wrote in message
> > Bet many of us have a few pounds left over this week. I've gotten a bit
> > bored with sandwiches, burritos and tacos though, anyone have any
> > interesting ways to use left over pulled pork?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Dale
> > --
> >

> Pizza
>
> You could even make a Barbecue Pizza with BBQ sauce instead of Tomato

Sauce,
> but if you are sick of Barbecue Sauce-- Just a regular Pizza with Pork,
> Mushrooms, Onions, etc. would make my mouth water--- as a matter of fact

it
> is
>
> Matthew Brown
> Memphis

Yes, pulled pork on pizza is excellent.

kili

kilikini 08-09-2004 02:27 AM

kilikini 08-09-2004 02:27 AM

kilikini 08-09-2004 02:33 AM

"Kevin S. Wilson" > wrote in message
> On Tue, 7 Sep 2004 11:47:03 -0700, "Duwop" > wrote:
>
> >Bet many of us have a few pounds left over this week. I've gotten a bit
> >bored with sandwiches, burritos and tacos though, anyone have any
> >interesting ways to use left over pulled pork?
> >

> Louis Cohen makes raviolli with it.
>
> --

Ravioli, huh, that's interesting. Inside the ravioli or in the sauce or
both?

kili

kilikini 08-09-2004 02:33 AM

Steve S 08-09-2004 03:11 AM

Got to agree....

Pulled pork and cheese omlettes are a top-notch breakfast ( or lunch / supper )

Steve S 08-09-2004 03:11 AM

Got to agree....

Pulled pork and cheese omlettes are a top-notch breakfast ( or lunch / supper )

Michael 08-09-2004 03:21 AM

"Duwop" > wrote in message
> Bet many of us have a few pounds left over this week. I've gotten a bit
> bored with sandwiches, burritos and tacos though, anyone have any
> interesting ways to use left over pulled pork?
>
> TIA
>
> Dale
> --

I buy the kind of beans with 15-16 different kinds of beans, soak overnight
in beer, throw in some onions, garlic, spices, a jalapeno or two and a bunch
of pulled pork. Crockpot it while I'm at work. Sometimes I put canned
tomatoes in when I get home, sometimes cooked rice. And it there's any
leftover anything else I put that in there as well. Um, um........

Michael

Michael 08-09-2004 03:21 AM

Michael 08-09-2004 03:21 AM

rnr_construction 08-09-2004 01:28 PM

" BOB" > wrote in message
. ..
> Duwop wrote:
> > Bet many of us have a few pounds left over this week. I've gotten a bit
> > bored with sandwiches, burritos and tacos though, anyone have any
> > interesting ways to use left over pulled pork?
> >
> > TIA
> >
> > Dale
> > --
> >

> After reading all the other responses, about the only idea I can come up

with
> is...plain, with a fork.
>
> BOB

lasagna