Robert Sparkman

Default Barbecue Joints

I don't know about London, but Lexington has one called Apple Creek
Barbecue. It's on Pasadena Drive.

I've lived here a year and a half, and I think it's one of the better
barbecue joints in Lexington. Actually though I like Famous Dave's about as
good as any local establishment.

The guy who runs it had a stand for years and finally moved it to a
restaurant setting.

He makes some good burgoo, which is a local soup something like Brunswick
Stew. It was made in the old days with smoked mutton. I don't think he uses
smoked mutton though.

The fried apple pies are really good.

BTW, I tried smoked mutton once and I just about heaved..I don't consider it
to be that good.

Regards,

Robert

Que joints near DFW Jeff Jacks Barbecue 8 10-07-2007 10:52 PM
Florida Q joints bk Barbecue 0 27-09-2005 09:06 PM
Kentucky Barbecue Joints Bud Barbecue 11 03-09-2004 01:47 AM
BBQ Joints in Central FL? [email protected] Barbecue 11 01-03-2004 04:02 AM
Barbecue joints in Columbus, OH? Bill Le May Barbecue 6 30-10-2003 05:53 PM