FoodBanter.com

-   -   Barbecue Joints (https://www.foodbanter.com/barbecue/33055-barbecue-joints.html)

Robert Sparkman 01-09-2004 05:18 AM

Barbecue Joints

I don't know about London, but Lexington has one called Apple Creek
Barbecue. It's on Pasadena Drive.

I've lived here a year and a half, and I think it's one of the better
barbecue joints in Lexington. Actually though I like Famous Dave's about as
good as any local establishment.

The guy who runs it had a stand for years and finally moved it to a
restaurant setting.

He makes some good burgoo, which is a local soup something like Brunswick
Stew. It was made in the old days with smoked mutton. I don't think he uses
smoked mutton though.

The fried apple pies are really good.

BTW, I tried smoked mutton once and I just about heaved..I don't consider it
to be that good.

Regards,

Robert