Dave Bugg

Default Grand opening information

I posted this to TFM, but I'll also post it here. I'd like to get a poll of
those who think they'll be coming. If you are planning to come to the
festivities, just respond with a "yes".

I sure have appreciated everyone's support and well-wishes. As I told a
friend recently -- The worst day I've had putting this business together has
been far better than the best day I ever had working for the public health
district. :-)
Dave

Hey, Amigo, I got your email, but I was waiting to meet with my contractor
on Monday to get final word on whether or not they will be finished early
enough in September so that I can open by the second or third week of
October. If they can get done by the week of September 13, than we'll open
on October 9. If they can't get done until the week of the 20th, then it'll
be October 16th when we open. I know Harry D. is hoping for Oct. 16, since
the previous week is Canada's Thanksgiving Holiday weekend, and he has
family
obligations.

I thought maybe we could get you guys & gals to come by on the evening of
Friday, October 8 or (15) for the pre-opening B.S. session. We can all eat
and hang around. Since I won't have a beer or liquor license, there won't be
any beer at the store, but if someone wants to bring a six-pack....

Saturday will be the official opening. The doors get thrown open at 10:30a.
I plan on having one of our country stations doing a live radio broadcast
from the joint, and there will be some prize drawings during the day. I
would expect a sorta general rhubarb of a day. Since the day is long, and I
know you all don't just want to hang around the store all day, here are a
couple of suggestions for some group things for the AFBers to do:

1. Go up to Leavenworth. It's a Bavarian-themed town that is cute and
touristy. It's about a 25 minute drive into the cascades, and the setting is
gorgeous.

2. Ohme Gardens. Just outside of town on a high hill. It is an alpine
garden that has to be one of the most spectacular gardens in America. Great

views of the Wenatchee area.

3. Rocky Reach Dam. About a 20 minute drive up north from Wenatchee. It is
one of three dams that are owned by Chelan and Douglas counties and produces
the lowest rates for electricity of any area in the US. Good viewing windows
to see the salmon as the pass through the fish ladders.

4. In town, we've got some of the best urban parks I've seen. There is a
string of parks that run along the shores of the Columbia River that are
connected by a thirteen mile long walking and bike path. In fact, an access
point to the Riverfront trail can be made very close to one of the motels I
recommend.

Motels. There are quite a few, including the standard Best Westerns,
Holiday Inn Express, Red Lion, Travelodge, et. al. The Cedars Inn seems to
be reasonably priced and comfortable.
http://www.cedarshotels.com/CedarsInn-Wenatchee.html

You might also want to look at our Chamber of Commerce site. At the bottom
of their menu on the left side of the page, is the visitor information link.
It will have a full listing of accommodations. http://www.wenatchee.org/

I'll post a message tomorrow letting you all know the iron-clad date of
opening.

BTW, the best day to look at airfares are on Wednesdays. And don't just
look at the price on Expedia, Travelocity, etc. Check the airline's own
website. I've found that about half the time, they beat the prices of the
travel sites.

bbq

Dave Bugg wrote:

> I posted this to TFM, but I'll also post it here. I'd like to get a poll of
> those who think they'll be coming. If you are planning to come to the
> festivities, just respond with a "yes".
>
> I sure have appreciated everyone's support and well-wishes. As I told a
> friend recently -- The worst day I've had putting this business together has
> been far better than the best day I ever had working for the public health
> district. :-)
> Dave

Definitely want to, but now can only say a definite maybe.

Happy Q'en,
BBQ

bbq

Dave Bugg wrote:

> I posted this to TFM, but I'll also post it here. I'd like to get a poll of
> those who think they'll be coming. If you are planning to come to the
> festivities, just respond with a "yes".
>
> I sure have appreciated everyone's support and well-wishes. As I told a
> friend recently -- The worst day I've had putting this business together has
> been far better than the best day I ever had working for the public health
> district. :-)
> Dave

Definitely want to, but now can only say a definite maybe.

Happy Q'en,
BBQ

Ol' Hippie

Put my Wife & I down for a "YES"
--
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in
one pretty well preserved piece, but to skid across the line broadside,

Dan Krueger

"TFM"??

Dan

Dave Bugg wrote:

> [...]
> recommend.
>
> Motels. There are quite a few, including the standard Best Westerns,
> Holiday Inn Express, Red Lion, Travelodge, et. al. The Cedars Inn seems to
> be reasonably priced and comfortable.
> http://www.cedarshotels.com/CedarsInn-Wenatchee.html
>
> You might also want to look at our Chamber of Commerce site. At the bottom
> of their menu on the left side of the page, is the visitor information link.
> It will have a full listing of accommodations. http://www.wenatchee.org/
>
> I'll post a message tomorrow letting you all know the iron-clad date of
> opening.
>
> BTW, the best day to look at airfares are on Wednesdays. And don't just
> look at the price on Expedia, Travelocity, etc. Check the airline's own
> website. I've found that about half the time, they beat the prices of the

Steve Calvin

Dan Krueger wrote:
> "TFM"??
>
> Dan

The Fat Man

--
Steve

Whose cruel idea was it for the word "lisp" to have an "s" in it?

Mrs. Fat Man®

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> Dan Krueger wrote:
> > "TFM"??
> >
> > Dan
> >

> The Fat Man
>

> --
> Steve
>
> Whose cruel idea was it for the word "lisp" to have an "s" in it?

I think the Fat Man and I have an announcement to make.

kili

Mrs. Fat Man®

"Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
> Dan Krueger wrote:
> > "TFM"??
> >
> > Dan
> >

> The Fat Man
>

> --
> Steve
>
> Whose cruel idea was it for the word "lisp" to have an "s" in it?

I think the Fat Man and I have an announcement to make.

kili

JD

"Mrs. Fat Man®" > wrote in message

||| The Fat Man
||| --
||| Steve
||| Whose cruel idea was it for the word "lisp" to have an "s" in it?
|| I think the Fat Man and I have an announcement to make.
|| kili

Have y'all even met IRL yet??

JD

JD

"Mrs. Fat Man®" > wrote in message

||| The Fat Man
||| --
||| Steve
||| Whose cruel idea was it for the word "lisp" to have an "s" in it?
|| I think the Fat Man and I have an announcement to make.
|| kili

Have y'all even met IRL yet??

JD

TFM®

Mrs. Fat Man® wrote:
> "Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
>> Dan Krueger wrote:
>>> "TFM"??
>>>
>>> Dan
>>>

>> The Fat Man
>>

>> --
>> Steve

> I think the Fat Man and I have an announcement to make.
>
> kili

Would this announcement have anything to do with our wedding?

The one on the beach this coming spring?

The one we expect all our friends to attend in shorts and t-shirts?

The one with the beach party reception?

Yeah, let's make that announcement.

We're getting married folks.

No exact date yet, but it will be a catered event (Thanks Ed Clay) on one of
Florida's eastern beaches.

Looking forward to all my good friends attending.......even friends I
haven't met yet.

I'll keep y'all posted.

TFM®

TFM®

Mrs. Fat Man® wrote:
> "Steve Calvin" > wrote in message
>> Dan Krueger wrote:
>>> "TFM"??
>>>
>>> Dan
>>>

>> The Fat Man
>>

>> --
>> Steve

> I think the Fat Man and I have an announcement to make.
>
> kili

Would this announcement have anything to do with our wedding?

The one on the beach this coming spring?

The one we expect all our friends to attend in shorts and t-shirts?

The one with the beach party reception?

Yeah, let's make that announcement.

We're getting married folks.

No exact date yet, but it will be a catered event (Thanks Ed Clay) on one of
Florida's eastern beaches.

Looking forward to all my good friends attending.......even friends I
haven't met yet.

I'll keep y'all posted.

TFM®

Dave Bugg

TFM® wrote:

> Would this announcement have anything to do with our wedding?

WOW!!! Congratulations guys... I think I need to catch my breath. I plan
on coming to the wedding.

Dave Bugg

TFM® wrote:

> Would this announcement have anything to do with our wedding?

WOW!!! Congratulations guys... I think I need to catch my breath. I plan
on coming to the wedding.

Mrs. Fat Man®

"Dave Bugg" <deebuggatcharterdotnet> wrote in message
> TFM® wrote:
>
> > Would this announcement have anything to do with our wedding?

> WOW!!! Congratulations guys... I think I need to catch my breath. I

plan
> on coming to the wedding.

I think I need to catch my breath too, Dave. This is partly all
because of your restaurant, you know.

kili

Dan Krueger

I got that but the original post said:

"I posted this to TFM, but I'll also post it here."

I thought TFM had finally procured his own newsgroup...

Dan

Steve Calvin wrote:
> Dan Krueger wrote:
>
>> "TFM"??
>>
>> Dan
>>

> The Fat Man

Kent H.

TFM, I am trying to find the URL for your brine recipe without success
on google. Could you post it again.
Many thanks
Kent

"TFM®" wrote:

> Mrs. Fat Man® wrote:

> >> The Fat Man
> >>

> >> --
> >> Steve

> > I think the Fat Man and I have an announcement to make.
> >
> > kili

> Would this announcement have anything to do with our wedding?
>
> The one on the beach this coming spring?
>
> The one we expect all our friends to attend in shorts and t-shirts?
>
> The one with the beach party reception?
>
> Yeah, let's make that announcement.
>
> We're getting married folks.
>
> No exact date yet, but it will be a catered event (Thanks Ed Clay) on one of
> Florida's eastern beaches.
>
> Looking forward to all my good friends attending.......even friends I
> haven't met yet.
>
> I'll keep y'all posted.
>
> TFM®

TFM®

Kent H. wrote:
> TFM, I am trying to find the URL for your brine recipe without success
> on google. Could you post it again.

http://f2.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/MO0oQel...qtiSozXOEvgrD1
Q15Cx0ngFT74PM7WsJDacD3cd-enOmXH7cjRd/brinepage.html

That link may not work, so here's the context;

The Fat Man's BrineT

This brine was originally developed for turkeys. It's outstanding in that
application by itself.

I like to inject them with a 50/50 mix of honey + butter just before putting
them in the smoke.

The injection makes for a "no-leftovers" bird.

The brine is equally suited for use on chickens with only one modification;

Lessen the sage content.

I soak turkeys a minimum of three days prior to smoking and chickens a
minimum of 2 with a maximum of three days.

The Dave's Insanity Sauce T is optional, but I don't find that it adds too
much heat as per instructions.

This is something I came up with after a little fiddling around with
standard brines. Everyone seems to love it, but feel free to modify it to
suit your own particular tastes.

The Fat Man's chicken kickin' brineT

2 gallons water
1 1/4 cup pickling salt
3/4 cup brown sugar
3 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tbsp chili powder
1 tbsp ground sage
2 tbsp crushed red pepper
1 tbsb fresh black pepper
4 bay leaves
1 tbsp Old bay seasoning
1 tbsp Dave's Insanity Sauce
2 tbsp Italian seasoning (oregano, marjoram, thyme, rosemary and sage)

Some folks want to heat the brine to dissolve the salt and sugar faster. I
use a wand or stick blender and mix it cold. In either case, make sure the
brine is COLD before dunking the birds. Keep it well under 40º for the
duration of the soaking.

33º works just fine for me if the birds are completely thawed.

Tyler Hopper

"TFM®" > wrote in message
. ..
> Mrs. Fat Man® wrote:

> >> The Fat Man
> >>

> >> --
> >> Steve

> > I think the Fat Man and I have an announcement to make.
> >
> > kili

> Would this announcement have anything to do with our wedding?
>
> The one on the beach this coming spring?
>
> The one we expect all our friends to attend in shorts and t-shirts?
>
> The one with the beach party reception?
>

> Yeah, let's make that announcement.
>
> We're getting married folks.
>
> No exact date yet, but it will be a catered event (Thanks Ed Clay) on one of
> Florida's eastern beaches.

Don't tell me you're going to waste all this talent and use a caterer?????

Congrats Fat Dude. I know you're a picky guy when it comes to wimmen. She's got
to be a Helluva gal.

_________
ht_redneck

Tyler Hopper

"TFM®" > wrote in message
. ..
> Mrs. Fat Man® wrote:

> >> The Fat Man
> >>

> >> --
> >> Steve

> > I think the Fat Man and I have an announcement to make.
> >
> > kili

> Would this announcement have anything to do with our wedding?
>
> The one on the beach this coming spring?
>
> The one we expect all our friends to attend in shorts and t-shirts?
>
> The one with the beach party reception?
>

> Yeah, let's make that announcement.
>
> We're getting married folks.
>
> No exact date yet, but it will be a catered event (Thanks Ed Clay) on one of
> Florida's eastern beaches.

Don't tell me you're going to waste all this talent and use a caterer?????

Congrats Fat Dude. I know you're a picky guy when it comes to wimmen. She's got
to be a Helluva gal.

_________
ht_redneck

TFM®

Tyler Hopper wrote:

>> No exact date yet, but it will be a catered event (Thanks Ed Clay)
>> on one of Florida's eastern beaches.

> Don't tell me you're going to waste all this talent and use a
> caterer?????
>
> Congrats Fat Dude. I know you're a picky guy when it comes to wimmen.
> She's got to be a Helluva gal.
>
> _________
> ht_redneck

The caterer I was referring to is my good friend Ed Clay. He does some
mighty fine Q so I asked and he said he'd do it all...even buy the meat!!

Yessir, she *is* one helluva gal.

Thanks for the good wishes,
TFM®

TFM®