Old 12-08-2004, 12:29 AM
Bob

Default Its Green Chili season

I live near Dallas and just got 70 pounds of Green Chili shipped to me
from my brother-in-law in New Mexico. It is HATCH chili. half medium
and half HOT. The medium has a good bite and the HOT is pretty toasty.
I am the only one that can eat the hot which means I have 35 pounds of
green chili nobody else will want.

I went to the store and bought four london broils and two packages of
Johnsonville Brats (ten all together) with cheese bits in them.

I put charcoal in the bottom of my smoker and grilled the green
chili's until the skin bubbled up. Cooled and froze it except for
about a weeks worth. Took about three hours.

After I grilled the chilis I moved all the hot coals (not too many
left) into the firebox and cleaned out the smoker chamber.

I threw on a couple small mesquite logs and put the london broils as
close to the fire as possible (no rub, I forgot) and put the sausages
on the opposite end.

Let them cook for about 2 hours at 225 or there about.

Took the london broils in and chopped two of them up into 1/2" pieces
and put into a pan with a little olive oil. Then smothered it all in
green chilis, tomatoes and garlic. Let it simmer for an hour and then
ate it with flower tortillas.

Awesome is the only word to use.

Bob

Old 12-08-2004, 12:33 AM
Kevin S. Wilson

On Wed, 11 Aug 2004 18:29:11 -0500, Bob [email protected] REMOVE.com
wrote:

snip description of yummy dinner

Let it simmer for an hour and then ate it with flower tortillas.

Those flower tortillas are pretty this time of year, no?

--
Kevin S. Wilson
Tech Writer at a University Somewhere in Idaho
Old 12-08-2004, 12:59 AM
Bob

wrote:

snip description of yummy dinner

Let it simmer for an hour and then ate it with flower tortillas.

Those flower tortillas are pretty this time of year, no?

Two excited to spel the word corretly. just ATE.

Still feel like I should smoke a cigarette or something (and I don't
smoke).

Bob

Old 12-08-2004, 11:42 PM
Paull

On 11-Aug-2004, Bob [email protected] REMOVE.com actually said:

[...]

I live in New Mexico. Yes, the Hatch chile is early this year. We actually
got rain! You can smell the chile roasting everywhere this time of the
year. I live in Norhthern NM. Hatch is down south but still very popular
here.
We also have Chimayo Chile and Espanola Chile. Nothing like New Mexico
chile! It's the best!

http://www.EspanolaOnline.com
The Beautiful Espanola Valley
--
Paull -

Old 16-08-2004, 08:51 AM
M&M

On 11-Aug-2004, Bob [email protected] REMOVE.com wrote:

[...]

Awesome. My mouth is watering just thinking about it. I had to read
your post twice to catch the fact that you simmered the meat for an
hour after you smoked it for two hours, but I finally got it before I
mouthed off with something stupid (This time). I might have (read
probably) would have thrown a bunch of onion and some
shallots in there as well. I can't cook without onions and rarely
without shallots. Now I'm looking for a steal price on some london
broil.

--
M&M ("When You're Over The Hill You Pick Up Speed")