Tyler Hopper

"bbq" > wrote in message
news:08cTc.118314$8_6.118216@attbi_s04...

> Reg wrote:
> > Duwop wrote:
> >
> >> Same guy asked you where the "anykey" is?

> > I've heard that story and I can believe it actually happened. I think my
> > favorite goofy support call was the guy who called me complaining his
> > printer was going too fast.
> >

> Or the customer calling support and saying his coffee cup holder broke.
> After scratching his head for a few minutes and thinking about the
> different gismos the company provided with a computer purchase and
> asking some questions, the support person determined that the coffee cup
> holder was actually the CD tray :-)

Or the trouble report we got that the printer wasn't working after a storm. Went
out to find somebody had cut off the power cord and was using it for the coffee
pot.

M&M

On 12-Aug-2004, Steve Calvin > wrote:

> Ralph Eichenauer wrote:
>
> > Hi Howard,
> >
> > this idea sounds good, but unfortunately your email adress is unreachable.
> >
> > Greetings Ralph

> What idea would that be? You didn't quote anything at all of what you
> were replying to and not all newservers keep posts indefinately (or
> even long for that matter)
>
> --
> Steve
>
> I saw a woman wearing a sweat shirt with 'Guess' on it. So I said,
> "Implants?"

Sorry about that Steve. Ralph wanted something from the U.S. which
escapes me for the moment and I want some unique German mustard.
We plan to trade if we can make it work.

--
M&M ("When You're Over The Hill You Pick Up Speed")

M&M

On 12-Aug-2004, Steve Calvin > wrote:

> Ralph Eichenauer wrote:
>
> > Hi Howard,
> >
> > this idea sounds good, but unfortunately your email adress is unreachable.
> >
> > Greetings Ralph

> What idea would that be? You didn't quote anything at all of what you
> were replying to and not all newservers keep posts indefinately (or
> even long for that matter)
>
> --
> Steve
>
> I saw a woman wearing a sweat shirt with 'Guess' on it. So I said,
> "Implants?"

Sorry about that Steve. Ralph wanted something from the U.S. which
escapes me for the moment and I want some unique German mustard.
We plan to trade if we can make it work.

--
M&M ("When You're Over The Hill You Pick Up Speed")

M&M

God bless BOB. I didn't believe in betting against the forcasters,
though Heaven knows its hard for them to get it right, but living
in a trailer in Tampa and the forcast projecting a direct hit, me and
mine got out of Dodge. We took refuge with the spouse of a recently
departed buddy. To get OT I fixed veal parmigiana (SP) and young
asparagus spears. Rosemary, my friend's spouse fixed fettucini
alfredo and a greenleaf salad with feta cheese that was to die for.
Her eighty year old mama exclaimed, "This is good". Nuff said.
--
M&M ("When You're Over The Hill You Pick Up Speed")

M&M

http://www.snopes.com/humor/business/wordperf.htm

> As I'm sure many of them are.
> Bruce

This scenario really isn't funny. The business world is full
of people that believe their monitor is their computer. They
refer the their Central Processing Unit (CPU) as their "Hard
Drive". Their mentality is, "It was working yesterday, what
could possibly be wrong with it"? Service men (me) arrives
and asks, "How did it fail. What did you observe?" And the
likely response is, "That's your problem. Just fix it." Ten
minutes later I discover, (She) is trying to boot from a blank
disk. In the late '70's I never saw a male computer operater,
except for mainframes.

--
M&M ("When You're Over The Hill You Pick Up Speed")

Steve Calvin

M&M wrote:
> On 12-Aug-2004, Steve Calvin > wrote:

> Sorry about that Steve. Ralph wanted something from the U.S. which
> escapes me for the moment and I want some unique German mustard.
> We plan to trade if we can make it work.

Gotcha, thanks

Steve Calvin

M&M wrote:
> On 12-Aug-2004, Steve Calvin > wrote:

> Sorry about that Steve. Ralph wanted something from the U.S. which
> escapes me for the moment and I want some unique German mustard.
> We plan to trade if we can make it work.

Gotcha, thanks

BOB

David Higgins wrote:
> BOB wrote:
>> BOB
>> believing that East of Orlando will be basically out of harm's way

> Hopefully BOB's ok. My daughter lives east of Orlando as
> well, and has been without power since Charley passed
> over. Trees down, etc.

Thanks!

Power is back on (about 10 minutes ago).

Itwasn't the trees nearly as much as it was those FUGGLEY billboards that blew
over INTO the power lines. Not the old ones, those new ones with the 2 foot
diameter posts, folded like a wet paper cup. Takes a couple of cranes and
several line crews (and at least half a day) to clear just ONE freakin'
billboard. Trees don't require nearly as much resources to clear, and trees are
natural...

BOB
hoping that your daughter is OK, and with the power back on

BOB

David Higgins wrote:
> BOB wrote:
>> BOB
>> believing that East of Orlando will be basically out of harm's way

> Hopefully BOB's ok. My daughter lives east of Orlando as
> well, and has been without power since Charley passed
> over. Trees down, etc.

Thanks!

Power is back on (about 10 minutes ago).

Itwasn't the trees nearly as much as it was those FUGGLEY billboards that blew
over INTO the power lines. Not the old ones, those new ones with the 2 foot
diameter posts, folded like a wet paper cup. Takes a couple of cranes and
several line crews (and at least half a day) to clear just ONE freakin'
billboard. Trees don't require nearly as much resources to clear, and trees are
natural...

BOB
hoping that your daughter is OK, and with the power back on

BOB

Harry Demidavicius wrote:
> On Sun, 15 Aug 2004 12:59:12 GMT, David Higgins
> > wrote:
>

>> BOB wrote:
>>> BOB
>>> believing that East of Orlando will be basically out of harm's way

>> Hopefully BOB's ok. My daughter lives east of Orlando as
>> well, and has been without power since Charley passed
>> over. Trees down, etc.

> Monroe had spoken to Bob by telephone and advises he's basically
> undamaged but 'powerless'.
>
> Harry

It's back now (finally!)

BOB
anybody need a 5000 watt generator with less than 12 hours on it...

BOB