Alex

Default How many meals to expect from one tank

of propane gas using highest heat setting. Just curious
Edwin Pawlowski

"Alex" > wrote in message
> of propane gas using highest heat setting. Just curious

Between 12 and 117. Honest.

Propane has 91044 Btu per gallon. A grill can run from 15,000 Btu to
60,000 Btu on high. You can be cooking a hot dog or steamship rounds of
beef. To satisfy your curiosity you'll have to do some math. Always smart
to have a spare tank also.
Ed

Edwin Pawlowski

"Alex" > wrote in message
> of propane gas using highest heat setting. Just curious

Between 12 and 117. Honest.

Propane has 91044 Btu per gallon. A grill can run from 15,000 Btu to
60,000 Btu on high. You can be cooking a hot dog or steamship rounds of
beef. To satisfy your curiosity you'll have to do some math. Always smart
to have a spare tank also.
Ed

Mark L.

I usually get about an hour per pound of propane. YMMV
Mark L

Alex wrote:
> of propane gas using highest heat setting. Just curious

Mark L.

Alex wrote:
> of propane gas using highest heat setting. Just curious

Mark L.

Alex wrote:
> of propane gas using highest heat setting. Just curious

Dave

"Edwin Pawlowski" > wrote in message
. ..

> "Alex" > wrote in message
> > of propane gas using highest heat setting. Just curious

> Between 12 and 117. Honest.
>
> Propane has 91044 Btu per gallon. A grill can run from 15,000 Btu to
> 60,000 Btu on high. You can be cooking a hot dog or steamship rounds of
> beef. To satisfy your curiosity you'll have to do some math. Always

smart
> to have a spare tank also.
> Ed
>
> I have my gasser hooked up to the propane tank for the house. Alot cheaper

to buy it bulk plus it is delivered twice a year. If you have propane heat
for your home, just splice into the big tank (with care of course).
DT

Bill Beeman

"Dave" > wrote in message
ink.net...

>> I have my gasser hooked up to the propane tank for the house. Alot
>> cheaper

> to buy it bulk plus it is delivered twice a year. If you have propane heat
> for your home, just splice into the big tank (with care of course).
> DT

If you are on natural gas this can be done also...you need new orifices for
the burners, and the correct piping and hose to get to the rig.

Don't try this unless you do change the orifices...

Bill

Edwin Pawlowski

"Dave" > wrote in message

>> I have my gasser hooked up to the propane tank for the house. Alot
>> cheaper

> to buy it bulk plus it is delivered twice a year. If you have propane heat
> for your home, just splice into the big tank (with care of course).
> DT

If you want to comply with the codes, you also have to hard pipe it, remove
the wheels from the grill and bolt it in place.

Edwin Pawlowski

"Dave" > wrote in message

>> I have my gasser hooked up to the propane tank for the house. Alot
>> cheaper

> to buy it bulk plus it is delivered twice a year. If you have propane heat
> for your home, just splice into the big tank (with care of course).
> DT

If you want to comply with the codes, you also have to hard pipe it, remove
the wheels from the grill and bolt it in place.

Harry Demidavicius

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 02:06:34 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>"Dave" > wrote in message
>
>>> I have my gasser hooked up to the propane tank for the house. Alot
>>> cheaper

>> to buy it bulk plus it is delivered twice a year. If you have propane heat
>> for your home, just splice into the big tank (with care of course).
>> DT

>If you want to comply with the codes, you also have to hard pipe it, remove
>the wheels from the grill and bolt it in place.

Not in my World, Ed. We're OK to use flexible hose inside the house
and a rubber hose attached through a safety/quick couple connection.

Harry
Harry Demidavicius

wrote:

>"Dave" > wrote in message
>
>>> I have my gasser hooked up to the propane tank for the house. Alot
>>> cheaper

>> to buy it bulk plus it is delivered twice a year. If you have propane heat
>> for your home, just splice into the big tank (with care of course).
>> DT

>If you want to comply with the codes, you also have to hard pipe it, remove
>the wheels from the grill and bolt it in place.

Not in my World, Ed. We're OK to use flexible hose inside the house
and a rubber hose attached through a safety/quick couple connection.

Harry
Edwin Pawlowski

"Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message
> Not in my World, Ed. We're OK to use flexible hose inside the house
> and a rubber hose attached through a safety/quick couple connection.
>
> Harry

If I did that here, I could not get gas delivered.

Harry Demidavicius

On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 04:18:25 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
wrote:

>"Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message
>> Not in my World, Ed. We're OK to use flexible hose inside the house
>> and a rubber hose attached through a safety/quick couple connection.
>>
>> Harry

>If I did that here, I could not get gas delivered.

Oh, you New Englanders are so stuffy, Ed . . .

The flexible tubing for gas retrofits or conversions of wood
fireplaces was approved by CSA and is legit all across Canada. It is
NOT a rubber hose. It is armoured and intended to be used in an
enclosed space. The exterior hose is the same stuff you use for LPG
and is clipped to the outside of the house via a safety/quick/release
couple fitting. The gas company installs them routinely.

HAD
Steve Calvin

Harry Demidavicius wrote:

> On Thu, 21 Oct 2004 04:18:25 GMT, "Edwin Pawlowski" >
> wrote:
>

>>"Harry Demidavicius" > wrote in message
>>
>>>Not in my World, Ed. We're OK to use flexible hose inside the house
>>>and a rubber hose attached through a safety/quick couple connection.
>>>
>>>Harry

>>If I did that here, I could not get gas delivered.
>>

> Oh, you New Englanders are so stuffy, Ed . . .
>
> The flexible tubing for gas retrofits or conversions of wood
> fireplaces was approved by CSA and is legit all across Canada. It is
> NOT a rubber hose. It is armoured and intended to be used in an
> enclosed space. The exterior hose is the same stuff you use for LPG
> and is clipped to the outside of the house via a safety/quick/release
> couple fitting. The gas company installs them routinely.
>
> HAD

Actually you may want to check Ed. I'm in NYS (midway between NYC and
Albany). We had two gas "fireplaces" put in a couple of years ago and
they used the flexible hose to connect 'em. I doubt it there is an
area that is more picky about codes than Poughkeepsie.

Worth askin' anyhow.

--
Steve

Experience is a wonderful thing. It enables you to recognize a mistake
when you make it again.